22 Pages<<1819202122PrevNext
#476 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 5:09:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BHR TRUEbk Go to Quoted Post
It's been a long time guys. I gave the 2009 Corvette ago 1:39.502 on my first attempt.

...👍

DJ Saoco
#477 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2021 2:10:53 PM(UTC)
Wishing I had more time to participate...... BUT I had loads of fun ! 😊

Official time... HLR BURNINASPHALT..... Bugatti Circuit..... Dodge Viper 13..... 1:43:588 😎
#478 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 10:43:14 AM(UTC)
I've tried builds from a number of people this week and basically all the Vipers.

Best I've managed is a 1:38:611 in the '13 Viper. Most of the tunes I used where grippy high aero affairs. However, I found a 955 BHP monster by DTS JuularDT that while not the tightest in the corners more than made up for it in the straights. Certainly it was the only build that had me using 5th gear.
 1 user liked this post.
#479 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 1:09:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LiamRussellBoyd Go to Quoted Post
I've tried builds from a number of people this week and basically all the Vipers.

Best I've managed is a 1:38:611 in the '13 Viper. Most of the tunes I used where grippy high aero affairs. However, I found a 955 BHP monster by DTS JuularDT that while not the tightest in the corners more than made up for it in the straights. Certainly it was the only build that had me using 5th gear.

there is a power tune of THR Lightnin shared on Viper'13, 1st on bathurst
 2 users liked this post.
#480 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 1:06:28 PM(UTC)
Tricky track, but a pleasure to be driving cars with grip again after the last few weeks needing power builds to compete.

Car selection turned into a battle of the Vipers, with only USCHawks31, and Mr Pinstripes opting for the Noble and the Porsche 911.

xAlea showed there was little to choose between the '13, and '16 Vipers by setting very close times in both cars to take the win. minsons, and PRkid filled the podium places yet again, with Fifty Inch producing his best performance for some time to claim 4th place.

The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!

1st place: xAlea Jacta Est
2nd place: minsons
3rd place: HLR PRKid

Thanks to everyone for their participation.

This week we are off to the Top Gear track to run some Sport Coupes.

Week 22
Top Gear Full Day
A Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Sport Coupe division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 24th February at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Sport Coupe Cars

2016 Jaguar F-Type Project 7
2016 Jaguar F-Type Project 7 FE
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4
2016 BMW M2 Coupe
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
2015 Audi TTS Coupe
2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
2014 Ferrari California T
2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG
2011 Lotus Evora S
2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe
2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is
2010 Nissan 370Z
2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe
#481 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 1:19:09 PM(UTC)
Top Gear is always a nice challenge. Good luck to all. I've been busy like heck, so, unable to run like I wish I could the last several weeks, and will continue for some time.

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, February 17, 2021 9:02:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#482 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2021 9:17:12 AM(UTC)

Just sayin'...
#483 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2021 5:52:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post

Just sayin'...

....🤔......🤣.........😂😂😂😂😂.....🧐........🤪.........🤯.......😆...

................................................................................................................................................🚒

==

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#484 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 1:08:46 PM(UTC)
You definitely need the track limits switched on for this track, and it can then be fun. Although the Lotus Evora was the most popular car, it was pushed hard by the Pontiac Solstice, Porsche Cayman, and the BMW M2.

iHoBo xx ran out the winner in the Evora, from minsons, very close behind in the Solstice, and STIdarkside 88 in an Evora.

The final leaderboard:

1st place: iHoBo
3rd place: STIdarkside 88

This week we are revisiting Virginia to run some classic street muscle cars on a different track.

Week 23
VIR North Day
A Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Classic Street Muscle division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 3rd March at 9pm UK time (GMT).

The Classic Street Muscle Cars

1973 Holden HQ Monaro GTS 350
1972 Chrysler VH Valiant Charger R/T E49
1971 Plymouth GTX 426 HEMI
1970 Buick GSX
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 454
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 454 FE
1970 Chevrolet El Camino Super Sport 454
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible Barrett-Jackson Edition
1969 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport 396
1969 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
1968 Holden Monaro GTS 327
#485 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2021 3:57:59 PM(UTC)
VIR's a great track, but these cars do not upgrade to A700 with much grace.

Gave a Nova a shot, and despite pubescent terrapin assurances, it was not bossa nova. Sorry, Donatello. Currently running a '73 Monaro. It's less-worse than the Nova, but still not what I'd consider fun. Might give the Valiant a shot, as it's the black sheep of the bunch and might be just the ticket for VIR.

I also have that Rubber Duck livery to work on. Very important to get that done.
#486 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2021 1:14:39 PM(UTC)
Valiant's not bad, but not great, either. Probably the best driver's car of the lot (at least the ones I've tried). Currently 0:00.001 behind hansonalanrob, and unless he improves I'm likely to stay there. Which brings me to...

Got distracted 'Ringing in an OWL-spec Brabham this morning. I've refined my tuning methodology since I did my initial setup for it, and I think I can eke out some improvements. If I can get the float-oversteer under control (Seriously, Gravity... Just do your damn job and keep my car out of orbit. Jeez...)I think I'll be able to hit sub-7:00 with it. Current world #1 is somewhere around 6:52, so sub-7 would be quite an accomplishment.
#487 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2021 1:51:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Valiant's not bad, but not great, either. Probably the best driver's car of the lot (at least the ones I've tried). Currently 0:00.001 behind hansonalanrob, and unless he improves I'm likely to stay there. Which brings me to...
. . . .

Sorry Mr P, I've improved to a 1.31.046 in a Holden Monaro.
I know you prefer your tunes, but the one by JSR Sterlizer is the best I've tried, kept it in 3rd except for the back straight and front straight which were in 4th
#488 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2021 3:35:19 PM(UTC)
No worries.

And yeah, I set mine up as a two-speed and it seemed to work pretty well. Same plan: First for nearly everything; only shifted into second for the two straights. Probably works better with the stock motor, but it's not unmanageable with the (Bimmer?) I6 swap.
 1 user liked this post.
#489 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 1:23:18 PM(UTC)
After a more laps than I care to admit I managed a hard won time of 1:29:276 in the Monaro. Unless someone has some magical unicorn tune I think it's unlikely I'll improve upon this, I will however check the leaderboards again on Tuesday just on the off chance....

I might need to try and obtain an Xbox soon. I'm on a PC with a slowly dying RX590, but it must be the worst time in history to try and buy a graphics card due to crypto mining. Even cards with an RRP of Like £350 are going for more than double that on eBay.

Hope everyone is keeping well.
 1 user liked this post.
#490 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 12:15:26 PM(UTC)
I shared my Chrysler Valiant setup if anyone wants to give it a try, It's somewhat loose on the rear. Time 01:29.093 It should be able to get in the 28s.
#491 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 7:27:29 AM(UTC)
Virginia International Raceway without the iconic ‘Oak Tree’ turn..... still demanding and a worthy opponent!

Official time.... VIR North...... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... Holden Monaro.... 1:32:113 😎
 3 users liked this post.
#492 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 1:03:33 PM(UTC)
Judging by the amount of activity this week, It appears many of you enjoyed both the track and cars. The '73 Holden Monaro was the most successful car, but the Valiant, Buick, and Pontiac GTO were close behind in performance.

minsons put in a late run in the Monaro, using JSR Sterilizer's ultra grip setup, to pass iHobo xx for the win. That setup was used by 10 drivers, but no-one else could get close to minsons and iHoBo's excellent times. PRKid won the battle for the final podium place, with 8 more drivers closely bunched within half a second of him.

The final leaderboard:

1st place: minsons
2nd place: iHoBo xx

This week we are revisiting Atlanta to run some Hypercars on the full track.

Week 24
Road Atlanta Full
R Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Hypercars division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 10th March at 9pm UK time (GMT).

The Hypercars

2018 Bugatti Chiron
2018 McLaren Senna
2016 Aston Martin Vulcan
2016 Koenigsegg Regera
2016 Pagani Huayra BC
2016 Spania GTA Spano
2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport
2016 Zenvo ST1
2015 Keonigsegg One:1
2015 McLaren P1 GTR
2014 Ferrari FXX K
2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
2013 Lamborghini Veneno
2013 McLaren P1
2012 Ferrari 599XX Evolution
2012 Hennessey Venom GT
2012 Pagani Huayra
2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
2010 Ferrari 599XX
2010 Pagani Zonda R
2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
#493 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 2:39:30 PM(UTC)
Looks to be a good matchup of car and track. Think I'll stick with the Zonda I used last time (whichever one that was; the '09 I think), since it was pretty well-sorted and surprisingly enjoyable to drive. Probably won't get a ton of laps in for this week, as I'm somewhat focused on the Sub-7 OWL project. It's a hoot (pun intended).
 1 user liked this post.
#494 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 8:45:51 AM(UTC)
I haven't been playing too much recently but this car/track combo brought me back in for a bit yesterday. A short but challenging circuit when it comes to putting together a quick lap. It's so aggravating to nail the first sector only screw up the final corner before the long straight on the back.
#495 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 1:30:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: USCHawks31 Go to Quoted Post
I haven't been playing too much recently but this car/track combo brought me back in for a bit yesterday. A short but challenging circuit when it comes to putting together a quick lap. It's so aggravating to nail the first sector only screw up the final corner before the long straight on the back.

Welcome back.....Nice run!

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#496 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 11:39:20 PM(UTC)
For the wheel guys. Here are the wheel setting I've been using for the last few months. They seem a little weird but they made me faster. I didn't come up with the setting they came from another very fast wheel user.

Vib=50
FFB=80
Aligning Torque=150
Mechanical=133
Pneumatic=110
Road feel=150
load Sensitivity=100
Wheel Damper=50
Center Spring=55
Dynamic Damper=100
Steering Sensitivity=100
DOR= 450 for anything below P class
DOR= 270 for P and X class
Linearity=29

I've been able to use Sim steering with these setting.

Hope they will work for you guys to. Good luck!
#497 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 12:42:36 PM(UTC)
That was fun. Final time for the week in the Pagani Zonda C = 1:18.360
#498 Posted: : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 1:59:08 PM(UTC)
Fun and challenging track!

Official time..... Road Atlanta.... HLR BURNINASPHALT..... Pagani Zonda C..... 1:18:929 😎
 2 users liked this post.
#499 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 1:04:55 PM(UTC)
Good fun this week although a bit frustrating, and tough to get fast clean laps. The Zonda C was probably the easiest car to handle, but the Regera, and the Venom were very fast.

xAlea took first place yet again with minsons, and PRKid filling the podium places, all driving different cars, which is a pretty rare event.

The final leaderboard:

1st place: xAlea Jacta Est

This week we are off to Italy to run some nostalgic drag racers.

Week 25
Mugello Club
A Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Nostalgic Drag Racers division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 17th March at 9pm UK time (GMT).

Apologies to those drivers with times already on the board. It gets harder each week to find tracks that none of our regular drivers have visited.

The Nostalgic Drag Racers

1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock FE
1967 Ford Falcon XR GT
1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 396
1967 Dodge Coronet WO23
1966 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport
1965 Pontiac GTO
1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409
1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409 FE
1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

We've run these cars previously in C, and B. Which will work in A class?
 2 users liked this post.
#500 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 4:25:44 PM(UTC)
When did my faceless gray avatar change into the old-timey football helmet/motorcycle goggles guy? And why doesn't he have a spruce mustache? A MAN CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT A SPRUCE MUSTACHE, TURN 10!

Oh, yeah... Cars 'n' stuff...

Will see if I can't find some Forza time this week. Working on the lighting in my garage, so that's taking up most of my free time.

==

Edit to add:

Garage lighting is 50% complete and already better than the barely-functioning fluorescents it's replacing. Will wait on the south bank of lights until the weather's a bit warmer; still ~40* F during the day here, so a bit hard on the old bones.

On topic: Checked on the available tire sizes for several of the NDR cars and ran with the first one that offered a square setup wider than 195 ('68 Dart). Would be a lot happier if I could get rid of the stupid hood scoop, but once you look past that (good luck...) the car doesn't drive too poorly. Not likely to get a lot more seat time this week (unless it gets cold again), so today's run will probably be it for the week.

Current best: 1:02.1xx

==

Edit to add 2:

Down to 7:06 for Project Sub-7 OWL. Currently running in Rivals so I have access to replays, but once I get a little more comfortable pushing it I'll swap over to Free Play so my time will be recorded in the correct context. Setup's not quite where I want it to be, but it's close. Feels like I should be able to get on the throttle just a bit more aggressively than the car will currently tolerate. If anyone gets some free time and a hankering for analyzing replay telemetry, I'd be more than happy to get an outside opinion on it.

Edited by user Sunday, March 14, 2021 11:28:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

22 Pages<<1819202122PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error