6 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2021 10:33:28 PM(UTC)
how do I mute all the players?? this is so annoying I can hear them breathing, eating and blasting their music. I WANT TO GO BACK
 6 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 1:26:19 AM(UTC)
IKR !!??
I mean, **** were the people at Playground/Turn 10 thinking when they just opened this box?!
When I'm in my convoy with my mateys I can sometimes hardly hear them over the smacking, slurping, burping, yelling or laughter of complete strangers (which on the other side can't hear us, so we can't even tell them to turn off their **** microphones!!!)
And worst of all, our convoy doesn't even uses the in-game/xbox chat! For months now we were using T3, discord or steam chat and were absolutely fine and happy. And now this **** ?!

Please.. for the love of god... HOW THE HELL CAN I MUTE THOSE OTHER PLAYERS IN THE GAME!!??
 5 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 3:15:37 AM(UTC)
Please tell me they haven't been this stupid not to include a mute option. And a permanent 'mute all' option I set once, not one where I have to set it each time I play the game (like streamer mode) or worse, select players manually and mute individually (yes some games actually make you do that).
 5 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 4:02:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Please tell me they haven't been this stupid not to include a mute option. And a permanent 'mute all' option I set once, not one where I have to set it each time I play the game (like streamer mode) or worse, select players manually and mute individually (yes some games actually make you do that).

please.. just don't get me started on that s***! EVERY SINGLE time I start the game I gotta go and manually activate the streamer option just so I won't be pestered with the same lame music throughout every single one (of the many many many many...) cut screens!
but no, as far as I can tell there's no switch to turn off the chat function. or at least I haven't found it so far
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 5:23:52 AM(UTC)
Yeah, I've been laughing the past few days at the number of people who leave their mics on and force their teammates to have to listen to the ambient background noise of their homes. It's really distracting and detracts from the racing experience every time. Feels like being back in the old days of Xbox 360 Live.

It makes me want to plug in my own microphone to tell them to turn their mics off, since I don't know how I could mute them otherwise. Trouble is, not all of them speak English, so even that's not always going to be an option.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 7:04:01 AM(UTC)
1.Install VB-Cable ( https://vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm )
2. Open Sound control panel
Press Win+R
rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,0

3. Set "VB-Cable" as default communication device

Edited by user Wednesday, March 3, 2021 7:17:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 7:06:57 AM(UTC)
deleted

Edited by user Wednesday, March 3, 2021 7:16:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: duplicated

#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 7:07:21 AM(UTC)
deleted

Edited by user Wednesday, March 3, 2021 7:18:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: duplicated

#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 8:40:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: stormkeeper2401 Go to Quoted Post
Press Win+R

thanks for your answer.
but to be honest, its not really clear to me how this would help with this specific problem?
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 8:49:12 AM(UTC)
Press Win+R

I think it would be helpful if you explained in layman's terms what this achieves, before anyone thinks of trying it.

Bear in mind we can already mute our own microphone in Forza (it is possibly muted by default, I can't remember). We want to mute everyone else's.
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 9:06:26 AM(UTC)
I think I found the solution:
go to https://account.xbox.com/Settings and block "Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites"
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 11:32:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wasssaaaa Go to Quoted Post
go to https://account.xbox.com/Settings and block "Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites"

that sounds like something that could actually work! i'll try that tonight.
thanks a lot
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 12:50:02 PM(UTC)
I believe I’ve said you didn’t want to hear anybody anyway. Start a party by yourself in the Xbox app. No mute on Xbox either. You could in older Horizon games.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 3, 2021 12:51:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 3:21:07 PM(UTC)
Press Win+R

I think it would be helpful if you explained in layman's terms what this achieves, before anyone thinks of trying it.

Bear in mind we can already mute our own microphone in Forza (it is possibly muted by default, I can't remember). We want to mute everyone else's.

FH4's Voice chat uses a communication device, which is the principle of assigning a fake device to make the voice inaudible.
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 11:03:53 AM(UTC)
For once, xbox is beating PC, I just start a party and mutes them all in a single shot.

I have witnessed that some people were muted for me without I muted them. I suspect that if one is muted by anyone, it will stay muted until it goes to unmute itself ...

#16 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 12:43:56 PM(UTC)
Please tell me they haven't been this stupid not to include a mute option.

I have my mic muted since ages ago. There is an option to deactivate mic in the game options, and if you cant, you can do it from the windows audio configuration.
#17 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 5:19:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wasssaaaa Go to Quoted Post

Thanks! I hope this works the next time I go online.
#18 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2021 5:45:41 PM(UTC)
Just start a party by yourself in the Xbox app on your PC.... does it not let you do that?

Edited by user Saturday, March 6, 2021 5:46:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 1:22:18 AM(UTC)
Back to this topic, I consider it a good news that public chat is finally reachable.
Mute All definetely : Profile settings / others can communicate ...
Mute All for a race / quick action : Create a new party.
Mute 1 :
- if you join a championship and not yet in a race, you can go to menu, race grid, pick one from the list and mute
- if you are waiting for next race, "recently played with" allows you to find a profile and mute the player.
Still the frustration comes when s.o. joins the championship in the waiting room and does a lot of noise, kind of kills the race fun

Game behavior:
Team Adv : I've notice yesterday morning that the opposite team was always muted, I mean everyone. Behavior needs to be checked/confirmed.
People I've never set to mute are mute so that it seems that muting so is muting him for all players and until he unmute himself or so unmute him.
Poor quality public chat : public chat communication quality is just horrible, how it comes the public chat is not a simple party launched by the server and not by so ... bandwidth saving ?
Streaming : Noticed that if your mic is involved in streaming it is tagged mute ( mic with cross ) on the score board, not sure if anything new. Strangely it applies only to its own mic and not the ones of mates involved in the streaming which are listed opened. Not sure if any change there or if it is something I did not notice before.

Could have been a good idea to consider muted by default but possibly they can't as out of reach of the game feature scope.

I hope that people will take the opportunity given to make new friends. Just say Hi in any language and see what happens. Once several are discussing you will see that ramming often vanishes and more players are attentive at respecting others.

#20 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 11:00:38 AM(UTC)
GG Playground Games I smashed my headphones because I can't take any more weird noises in my ears while racing.

People wants to make friends ? Good for you but all I need is a MUTE ALL button to be able to enjoy the game again with mine.
#21 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 12:59:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
For once, xbox is beating PC, I just start a party and mutes them all in a single shot.

I have witnessed that some people were muted for me without I muted them. I suspect that if one is muted by anyone, it will stay muted until it goes to unmute itself ...

I dont know what problems have the pc users in this forum, but I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM IN PC MUTING THE MIC. That option always worked fine for me. Every single person is muted in my end. And i never had to touch anything else, just that option ages ago.

So yeah, pc users if i were you i would check your system because you guys have something wrong that is messing up with the microphone.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 2:03:03 AM(UTC)
Well, it was working fine for past 2+ years, but 2 weeks ago (Hot Wheels update?) something changed and I can hear voices.
From yesterday I'm using Wasssaaaa suggestion and haven't heard anyone. But I was playing only for 1 or 2 hours, so not long enough to be 100% sure if it worked.

Notification

Icon
Error