9 Pages<<789Prev
Rank: Driver's Permit
User is suspended until 3/10/2021 12:30:37 AM(UTC)
#201 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2021 4:10:11 PM(UTC)
Anyway, I hope that T10/Playground reconsider, as I enjoy the games.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 2, 2021 4:14:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#202 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2021 6:35:52 PM(UTC)
Wah-wah.
I’m not buying the DLC, don’t want ugly cars that aren’t winners.
I have had multiple UE’s.
Didn’t buy FM7 because beta testing isn’t a joy for me.
Doubtful I’ll buy FH5 as there’s many things more than a few here are unhappy with.
Thanks for the presumptions and baiting amongst your whingeing.
Ultimate is NOT for perpetuity. Or even a week. It’s a level of purchase, includes the other levels plus more. Not every pack, not every exclusive, just what is stated.
You’ll be sadly disappointed when you buy a home, new car with full warranty, and it doesn’t include new wallpaper, tires, brakes, faucets.
People that are too thick to get that about a game, a nothing, stun me with entitlement.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#203 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 12:01:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XAGMNINETY Go to Quoted Post
Ultimate means ultimate, period. Microsoft is testing the waters with wiping this definition, for half-assed DLC


Must've not been here for FH3, or FH2, which also didn't have everything (and in their cases, less) included in their Ultimate edition.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#204 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 2:57:34 PM(UTC)
These cars are the epitome of what's left of the FH4 community: people who take photos and/or fool around. All style, zero substance.

The Nash Metropolitan is what defines this pack, and Hot Wheels in general. It does look good and IMO deserved to win the Legends contest. But, with its bicycle tires, it's hopeless. It appeals to "wheeeeeeee its got a super V8 and it spins around OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" kind of players.

There's cars like the LUV which can be pretty fun. But it gets old after a while and there's plenty of cars in the base game that are simply more fun. By base game I don't mean the exclusives of course, but the cars that actually shipped with the game.

Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XAGMNINETY Go to Quoted Post
Ultimate means ultimate, period. Microsoft is testing the waters with wiping this definition, for half-assed DLC


Must've not been here for FH3, or FH2, which also didn't have everything (and in their cases, less) included in their Ultimate edition.


It's still shady on their and the studios' part.

Reminder that they added a DLC consisting of duplicates to the Ultimate Edition yet made this one separate. There's no defense.

Need I also mention that the Car Pass itself was trash next to the exclusives they released months later?
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
Rank: Driver's Permit
#205 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 4:41:35 PM(UTC)
I have an ultimate edition but still can't get the car pack without buying it.
[Mod Edit - that's correct, see the first post - MM]

Edited by user Wednesday, March 3, 2021 10:32:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#206 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 2:16:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
These cars are the epitome of what's left of the FH4 community: people who take photos and/or fool around. All style, zero substance.

The Nash Metropolitan is what defines this pack, and Hot Wheels in general. It does look good and IMO deserved to win the Legends contest. But, with its bicycle tires, it's hopeless. It appeals to "wheeeeeeee its got a super V8 and it spins around OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" kind of players.

There's cars like the LUV which can be pretty fun. But it gets old after a while and there's plenty of cars in the base game that are simply more fun. By base game I don't mean the exclusives of course, but the cars that actually shipped with the game.

Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XAGMNINETY Go to Quoted Post
Ultimate means ultimate, period. Microsoft is testing the waters with wiping this definition, for half-assed DLC


Must've not been here for FH3, or FH2, which also didn't have everything (and in their cases, less) included in their Ultimate edition.


It's still shady on their and the studios' part.

Reminder that they added a DLC consisting of duplicates to the Ultimate Edition yet made this one separate. There's no defense.

Need I also mention that the Car Pass itself was trash next to the exclusives they released months later?


There is a defense actually, it’s that the WP was duplicates so why make UE pay for duplicates, however with the HW pack being all new cars, why not charge for new cars? Either buy it, or don’t. That simple.

The car pass wasn’t trash, I thoroughly enjoyed 4/5 of the cars. Basically paid $10 for 49 cars. Great deal. Even then, it doesn’t matter. They still released the exclusives for free using updates so what’s your point?
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#207 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 5:27:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Reminder that they added a DLC consisting of duplicates to the Ultimate Edition yet made this one separate. There's no defense.

There's one, goodwill, or did you never experience that on a return in a shop, or during contract negotiations?
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Need I also mention that the Car Pass itself was trash next to the exclusives they released months later?

That's your opinion, not a fact (or an argument in this case).
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#208 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 8:41:25 AM(UTC)
The car pass and Welcome Pack contain the following cars which are meta at A, S1 and S2:

- Hula Girl (meta A road and dirt)
- Atomic Punk (meta A road and dirt)
- Mustang DD (meta S1 dirt and winter)
- Shelby King Cobra (meta S1 and S2 road)
- Toyota Baja WP (meta S1 dirt and cross country)
- Ferrari F50 WP (meta S2 rain)

Having access to those 6 cars basically gives you meta options to cover the vast majority of ranked races and (in the case of the King Cobra an utterly overpowered RWD car for Rivals).

By contrast, there’s probably only two cars in the vast array of “exclusives” which I’d class as meta - the CCGT (S2 road) and the Hoonigan RS200 (S2 winter). Maybe the Pulsar might just sneak in for B dirt.

Essentially, if you want to be competitive then you pay to win and get the car pass cars (or get them free with the UE) - otherwise you are competing at a disadvantage at ranked. If you want to get an exclusive car, then that’s your choice but you are probably not going to need it to succeed in the game.
9 Pages<<789Prev

Notification

Icon
Error