2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 1:45:56 AM(UTC)
Are they even doing that? I haven’t read any of these surveys but do any of them say “We acknowledge our flagship Ranked Team Adventure has a broken points system. Please help us with ideas to fix it.”? That might be a starting point (appreciate they’d never phrase it exactly like that!). If they did that, I’d happily contribute.
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 3:04:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Are they even doing that? I haven’t read any of these surveys but do any of them say “We acknowledge our flagship Ranked Team Adventure has a broken points system. Please help us with ideas to fix it.”? That might be a starting point (appreciate they’d never phrase it exactly like that!). If they did that, I’d happily contribute.

I didn't know of their existence before this thread so I can only comment on the current one. It has briefly to do with the games themselves.
"which Forza games did you play?" was the only Forza-specific question.
All the others revolved around the general gaming behaviour (genres, how many of the household play, which plattforms, most used plattform) and accessability stuff like if you have disabilities or which adjustable features are important to you in games (scaleable UI, sensitivity & difficulty settings, free button layouts and so on).

Judging by the feeling I got from the overall design of the survey I highly doubt it'll ever cover in-depth gameplay mechanics or modes like we hardcore players would want to see & contribute to.

To put this impression into perspective: I don't play lots of different games, but I'm rather invested into most games I enjoy. Meaning, I've seen those kind of surveys from various developers over the years (Blizzard - WoW, BioWare - Dragon Age, Rockstar - GTA & Red Dead, From Software - Souls). They always looked similar and never catered to the hardcores, more like feedback for a general direction in expanding the audience.
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 3:35:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
It is not just one survey. Been in this program for a while. They periodically send surveys about different things. Different aspects of the game. If you guys aren’t going to give feedback who will? Don’t complain than when there is something you may have been able to contribute no matter how small that you said I just don’t care. Sometimes there are bonuses too. It’s worth it.

It seems that you missed the point... The feedback is on this site already, it's fairly obvious that it's ignored.

So the point should be to ignore the survey and complain endlessly in the echo chamber?

To be in an echo chamber, means to be ignored... same thing. If they want feedback they could read the site. If they don't want the feedback they could ignore the site and make a list in a survey not at all about Forza... which they have done.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 11:33:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
It is not just one survey. Been in this program for a while. They periodically send surveys about different things. Different aspects of the game. If you guys aren’t going to give feedback who will? Don’t complain than when there is something you may have been able to contribute no matter how small that you said I just don’t care. Sometimes there are bonuses too. It’s worth it.

It seems that you missed the point... The feedback is on this site already, it's fairly obvious that it's ignored.

So the point should be to ignore the survey and complain endlessly in the echo chamber?

His point is that the survey is also an echo chamber.

From experience, what may work is tickets (for bug fixing of course). But it depends on the priorities of the studio. If Microsoft tells PG to add battle royale to the game in a (failed) effort to earn more Game Pass subs with the title (failed because it never needed BR, it's fun as is), you can't expect PG to give you bodykits and other stuff that was requested, promised by them even, but never released.

I like the game FH4 as a product, because I enjoy how pretty it is and how fun it is to drive in the world, but I'm very dissatisfied with the support. Not a fan of this Ubisoft-style exclusive car system, battle royale, focus on stuffing the game with cars instead of bug fixes, and lack of detail in new cars, because they don't improve my experience with the game.

There's a ton of stuff that could be made better in FH4, but it's never the focus, because they must have "impactful" updates which end up not having much of an "impact" to begin with. But I never said I don't have fun with the game itself, just with certain aspects of it.

I get the need to have more players but IMO Microsoft would be wiser to extend their gaming portfolio with new titles instead of cramming Forza Horizon with things it doesn't need.

Edited by user Thursday, February 18, 2021 11:36:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 11:44:17 AM(UTC)
If the Japan Screenshot for FH5 is real anyway I am already excited!
#31 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 11:56:22 AM(UTC)

when do they send these? been a a part of this thing and havent been emailed once about it
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error