2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 1:38:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

There's changes they can make to the existing physics that would make it far better. You can do it yourself with upgrades, tuning and handicaps. From my testing Forza needs to:

Increase the Drivetrain loss of cars significantly, particularly RWD cars and FWD cars. AWD cars are pretty close but still not quite there. From testing, around 8 to 10% more for RWD cars, around 2 to 5% for AWD and around 4 to 7% for FWD cars. That'd stop cars being ridiculously fast in acceleration, particularly the 1/4, 1/2 mile and top speed. It would probably balance out the PI system as well.

Downforce needs to generate more drag for almost every car. GT cars are notoriously bad.

Tire wear needs to be fixed.

Race tires should increase grip more.

Almost every race car should come with adjustable brakes from the factory. A lot of GT cars especially, don't.

Most cars have too powerfull brakes.

Cars are typically over-damped in tuning in stock setups.

There's a lot of inconsistencies in stock setups (incorrect gear ratios, incorrect differential values, incorrect cool rate, etc)

Maximum Caster and Camber value should be increased.

Operating temperature for tires should be decreaed.

Heat should increase PSI more.

Stock setups shouldn't all come with tire pressures at 30.0 PSI.

That's a few things Forza could do to the existing physics and system that'd improve the game massively without even changing anything. You can currently do almost all of this yourself in tuning, upgrades and handicaps.

This with the few physics inprovementa they've mentioned should do wonders.

Yes there are certain tweaks they could possibly make if the physics engine allows for it. I dont believe much has changed since forza 2 tbh and whatever changes they have made were tweaks, maybe they have found that limit already. So for instance right now we can only tune the front and rear of the car as opposed to each individual wheel. This was fine 10+ years ago, but compared to current sims this is not up to par, on the other hand Gt sport also only allows for front and rear tuning so depending on their benchmark this may stay the same.

As far as stock tunes, I think it's been a mix of not caring so much because most people will upgrade the car anyway and the way the cars are developed in the first place. Forzas pi system is kind of at fault for some these issues, they may input the correct data into the physics engine but if the car comes out and is too high or low a pi and no longer fits in whatever category they want it to be in things are changed to make them fit. This actually happened with the GTR gt500 when it was added in forza 6, it was nerfed to fit into the forza gt category because it wouldn't have had any competition being the only car in its real class.
#27 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 4:49:39 AM(UTC)
I've read through all of the opinions and arguments, but I am still planning to buy a wheel, pretty much just for this and FH4. (Both on PC)

So, my only question is: Thrustmaster TMX Pro or Logitech G920?
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 6:48:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheKnyte Go to Quoted Post
I've read through all of the opinions and arguments, but I am still planning to buy a wheel, pretty much just for this and FH4. (Both on PC)

I have Logitech G920, with Shifter g941 on a raceroom R3055

I'm very satisfied with it !
I don't know the Thrustmaster TMX Pro but i can say that this material help me to my challenge (on my signature).

Have fun with this game...
My challenge : World TOP 1% Chrono on tracks of forza Motorsport 7 : https://www.youtube.com/...UCoglxGVsI6P0-pF9asRL74Q
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 12:07:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheKnyte Go to Quoted Post

I've got the Thrustmaster TMX Pro and it does a decent job. I also had to purchase a wheel stand for another 100€ since I'm playing on an Xbox One from the couch. I didn't get the chance to compare my wheel to the G920 but from what I got from the reviews, the TMX Pro has a bit better force feedback and the gear shift blades on the wheel are of better quality. The addtional Thrustmaster shifter is of a higher quality than the Logitech one but way more expensive.

If you are a casual player (using the wheel only for a few racing games) than the TMX Pro and Logitech G920 are fine, but according to more serious racing game players who mainly play racing games you should invest in something better like a Thrustmaster TX where you can swap the wheels and has better force feedback.

I wouldn't recommend the purchase of a wheel just for Forza Motorsport 7. I did that and I was a bit disappointed about how long it took me to get the game configurations where the wheel feels right. In the end I played half of the time with the controller since the game is easier to play with a controller. I had way more fun playing Project CARS with the wheel.

#30 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 8:25:09 AM(UTC)
Yes, I do think Forza 7 is good with a wheel, but you have to understand the steering system is incapable of giving true 1:1 input, the AI thing that makes it (very) playable with a gamepad is never disabled, it's just a bit faster and allows oversteer when turned to "simulation" but it's not possible to put yourself in absolute control of your steering input.
Snap oversteer will always be a thing, to compensate you must use TC. Other than that I think it feels fine (Fanatec CSW 2.5)
#31 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 3:12:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bud The Cyborg Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I do think Forza 7 is good with a wheel, but you have to understand the steering system is incapable of giving true 1:1 input, the AI thing that makes it (very) playable with a gamepad is never disabled, it's just a bit faster and allows oversteer when turned to "simulation" but it's not possible to put yourself in absolute control of your steering input.
Snap oversteer will always be a thing, to compensate you must use TC. Other than that I think it feels fine (Fanatec CSW 2.5)

This is totally false.

top 10 global maple short 900 Degrees sim steering

sim steering 900 Degrees one handed

FACR time attack nascar @ rio sim steering 900 Degrees
#32 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 2:35:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bud The Cyborg Go to Quoted Post

This is totally false.

top 10 global maple short 900 Degrees sim steering

sim steering 900 Degrees one handed

FACR time attack nascar @ rio sim steering 900 Degrees

Seconded
#33 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 10:18:42 AM(UTC)
the short answer is no, its not particularly good.

expecially when compared to Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2.
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 12:40:33 PM(UTC)
Actually, I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.

I play alot of RaceRoom and recently Project Cars 2 and just lastnight was messing about with the ffb settings I'm using with Forza 7 and a thrustmaster ts wx wheel.

Improved my lap times on Mount Panorama by about 4 seconds over the settings I did have.

I've also got assetto corsa competizione but I've stuggled with how the ffb feels on it, its a bit bland to me. I like a bit of road feel especially over kerbs and Forza 7 and RaceRoom are good for this.

If you don't like the feel of it out of the box, take some time and mess with the settings.

When first released F7 was **** on my wheel now after some patches especially the last one, I think its really good.

VS 85
Ffs 115
Als 100
Mts 60
PTS 170
Rfs 40
Ls 80
Wds 0
Css 0
Ddb 100

Then set your wheel rotation etc.
#35 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 7:58:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheRudeLude Go to Quoted Post
Actually, I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.

I play alot of RaceRoom and recently Project Cars 2 and just lastnight was messing about with the ffb settings I'm using with Forza 7 and a thrustmaster ts wx wheel.

Improved my lap times on Mount Panorama by about 4 seconds over the settings I did have.

I've also got assetto corsa competizione but I've stuggled with how the ffb feels on it, its a bit bland to me. I like a bit of road feel especially over kerbs and Forza 7 and RaceRoom are good for this.

If you don't like the feel of it out of the box, take some time and mess with the settings.

When first released F7 was **** on my wheel now after some patches especially the last one, I think its really good.

VS 85
Ffs 115
Als 100
Mts 60
PTS 170
Rfs 40
Ls 80
Wds 0
Css 0
Ddb 100

Then set your wheel rotation etc.

This helped me really a lot!