21 Pages<<1718192021PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#451 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 10:13:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for adding my time into the leaderboards.

I was playing with the 2018 Ford Mustang and was only a couple of tenths off. Does anyone have a gearing solution for this car to only use 5 gears and NOT 10?

Fit the sport gearbox Rob, then adjust the final drive to 2.20 (Min setting). You'll have to lose some power to accommodate it. but that may be no bad thing :D

Edited by user Sunday, January 31, 2021 10:16:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#452 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 11:42:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
I set up both the Jag and the AM to use three gears over the entire track and it seemed to work pretty well. First for the right angle sections, second for the short runs between the right angle sections, and third only on the main straight. I'd expect you could do something similar with pretty much any car, given how samey all the turns on Yas are. Does the Frod come stock with an adjustable final drive?

Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for adding my time into the leaderboards.
I was playing with the 2018 Ford Mustang and was only a couple of tenths off. Does anyone have a gearing solution for this car to only use 5 gears and NOT 10?

Fit the sport gearbox Rob, then adjust the final drive to 2.20 (Min setting). You'll have to lose some power to accommodate it. but that may be no bad thing :D

Thanks guys, will give those ideas a try. I had the race gearbox in which also gives 10 gears.
Does the power curve stay the same if I was to set 1st, 2nd 3rd, 4th and 5th using the figures for 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and 10th

UPDATE: - After moving the final drive back to 2.20 and moving a few bits around improved to 1:03.550 in the 2018 Ford Mustang S5

UPDATE 2: - Tried the AM Vantage and found an additional tenth 1:03.383

Edited by user Sunday, January 31, 2021 12:46:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#453 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2021 1:56:19 PM(UTC)
Still in the AM Vantage and found a fraction more - 1:03.177
 2 users liked this post.
#454 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2021 6:50:09 PM(UTC)
Ahhh..... the satisfying sounds of a proper American motor.......

Official time... Yas Marina South..... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... Ford Mustang 16..... 1:04:234 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#455 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 4:06:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
Ahhh... the satisfying sounds of a proper American motor...

I wouldn't think a flatplane V8 could be described as "proper American". We're more a large displacement crossplane car culture. Not saying it's a bad thing; just that it's nowhere near the norm.

==

Been working on the '82 911 Un-Turbo build I used at Bathurst a while back. It's still not fast, but I finally got it to behave itself. Took about two weeks of testing just to get the spring rate/tire width/power delivery trinity hammered out. Porsches are such a pain in the backside.
 3 users liked this post.
#456 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 1:03:51 PM(UTC)
Even closer racing this week, with a good selection of cars on show. Our regular podium drivers had all been using different cars, until minsons switched to the Camaro on the last day :D

The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!

1st place: xAlea Jacta Est
2nd place: HLR PRKid
3rd place: minsons

Thanks to everyone that took part.

This week we are off to Miami to run some modern hot hatches around the Homestead raceway.

Week 20
Homestead Road Alt Day
C Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Modern Hot Hatch division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 10th February at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Modern Hot Hatch Cars

2019 Hyundai Veloster N
2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
2018 Honda Civic Type R
2017 Ford Focus RS
2017 Ford Focus RS FE
2016 Abarth 695 Biposto
2016 Honda Civic Type R
2016 Honda Civic Type R FE
2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
2015 Audi S1
2014 Ford Fiesta ST
2014 Volkswagen Golf R
2013 Abarth Punto SuperSport
2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG
2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG FE
2013 Renault Clio R.S. 200 EDC
2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP
2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP FE
2012 Vauxhall Astra VXR
2011 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde
2011 Audi RS 3 Sportback
2011 Peugeot 308 GTI
2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R
2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
2010 Renault Clio R.S.
2010 Renault Megane R,S. 250
2010 Volkswagen Golf R
 2 users liked this post.
#457 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 3:19:11 PM(UTC)
Got a Punto all ready to roll for this one. Not the fastest setup even by my standards, but it's fun.
#458 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 6:35:18 PM(UTC)
So far, we have 6 on the LBs with 6 different cars. Great selection of competitive cars.

DJ Saoco
#459 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:36:43 AM(UTC)
Dunno if I'd call the Punto "competitive" or not, but it is on the leaderboard...

As currently built, my car's on Street compound 235s front and rear. With 230 horsepower and 2400 lbs, that seems excessive. However, every time I've tried to pare it down to the stock-width 215s I seem to lose the balance that makes the car so enjoyable to drive. Not sure if it's a suspension tuning issue or whether it really does have just enough grip to feel like it has too much, but I've decided to stick with what I have and just work on my driving for this week. Don't have a ton of practice at Homestead, so there's a lot of time to be had in learning the track better.

Also: That S2000 motor is horrid. I have the transmission set up as a close-ratio 6-speed. First is tall enough that I really can't get a good launch off the line and sixth is actually shorting the top speed by a few tenths of a MPH, but I still need the entire gearbox to keep the RPMs up high enough that the motor makes better power than a Model T. This would be a three-gear track in any other car. Stupid VTEC.

Edit to add:

Current best: 1:31.50x

Might be able to knock another second off that, but between the lack of aero and the need to shift every half second it'll be tricky.

Edited by user Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:40:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#460 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 12:17:47 PM(UTC)
Dunno if I'd call the Punto "competitive" or not, but it is on the leaderboard...

As currently built, my car's on Street compound 235s front and rear. With 230 horsepower and 2400 lbs, that seems excessive. However, every time I've tried to pare it down to the stock-width 215s I seem to lose the balance that makes the car so enjoyable to drive. Not sure if it's a suspension tuning issue or whether it really does have just enough grip to feel like it has too much, but I've decided to stick with what I have and just work on my driving for this week. Don't have a ton of practice at Homestead, so there's a lot of time to be had in learning the track better.

Also: That S2000 motor is horrid. I have the transmission set up as a close-ratio 6-speed. First is tall enough that I really can't get a good launch off the line and sixth is actually shorting the top speed by a few tenths of a MPH, but I still need the entire gearbox to keep the RPMs up high enough that the motor makes better power than a Model T. This would be a three-gear track in any other car. Stupid VTEC.

Edit to add:

Current best: 1:31.50x

Might be able to knock another second off that, but between the lack of aero and the need to shift every half second it'll be tricky.

Pinstripes this week is going to be about speed builds. If you watch the replays you will see that the top cars are running 340HP. My build is on stock tires, V6 motor 332Hp , no aero, stock shocks and I'm using race brake because of being a wheel user (stock brakes suck.)
#461 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 2:37:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Coopracing Go to Quoted Post
Pinstripes this week is going to be about speed builds.

I figured, given the track. I'm running a MHH homologation build, so in addition to my usual build constraints it's also stuck on Street tires (which seem like overkill, at least on paper) and limited to 300 horsepower. I did try to get a non-homologated V6 build going, but couldn't fit it in under the C500 limit. Considered switching cars, too, but I kinda like the looks of the Fiat and am supremely happy (and still somewhat surprised) with how fun it is to drive. I don't mind if it's slow.

Originally Posted by: Coopracing Go to Quoted Post
...and I'm using race brake because of being a wheel user (stock brakes suck.)

Amen to that, brother. I usually end up with either 43% or 44% bias, depending on tire selection and the individual car. Any of the non-adjustable brake options are a miserable experience. The (lack of) braking feel is one of the aspects of the game I feel the "not a sim" criticism is more valid than not.

Edited by user Thursday, February 4, 2021 2:41:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#462 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 4:48:54 PM(UTC)
In case anyone isn't aware, and just to confuse us all, the leaderboards show the 2016 Honda Civic Type R as a 2015 model LOL.
 1 user liked this post.
#463 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 12:16:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Mr Pinstripes;1183450]'Bout time for semis at Bathurst, isn't it?

If anyone is interested.... my Sith Edition Tankpool is cocked and locked!

#464 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 12:44:24 PM(UTC)
[quote=Mr Pinstripes;1183450]'Bout time for semis at Bathurst, isn't it?

.....🤔....😂🤯🤣...

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#465 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2021 7:46:03 AM(UTC)
Got a bit of time this morning and decided to do some delving into why my 215-width builds were so much more unstable than my current MHH build. Turns out, in addition to the reduction in tire width and tinkering with the engine build to get to the PI cap, my spring rate calculator outputs lower rates than the starting point I used for NumberlessMath's ride frequency calculator. There's a spot about 2/3 around the big NASCAR banked curve where the banking changes pitch, and the transition was just enough to bottom the car out and break the rear end loose. I expect that was happening elsewhere on the track, as well, but it was really easy to spot on a steady-state corner.

Raised the rates up about 10% and the problem went away. Hopefully I'll get enough time to do some more testing and get the springs actually dialed in, but as of right now they're good enough for Homestead. I also refined the gearing a bit to get less-worse launch and still maintain powerband coverage over the car's speed range. By happy coincidence, that allowed me to drop an extraneous 4th-5th shift on the run up to the last hairpin and a 5th-6th just before the finish line. I'd still be happier with a different motor, but I'll take whatever victories I can get.

Current best: 1:31.160 (I think).

Should be able to get mid-1:30s with a bit more seat time and some tinkering.

==

If I had time and talent I'd do a Rubber Duck livery for the occasion. Was one of my favorite songs as a kid, and I have a lot of ideas for how to translate the imagery in the song into a livery for a race semi. Unfortunately I'll never get around to it, just like the WHOA, NELLY! Earthworm Jim livery for the BT-24.

Sithspeed, this here's the Rubber Duck, and I'm about to put the hammer down. 10-4.
#466 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2021 9:50:26 AM(UTC)

If I had time and talent I'd do a Rubber Duck .

Wow, this certainly brought back some good memories! I ended up listening to the it TWICE....😆

Thanks for sharing....👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#467 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2021 12:45:34 PM(UTC)
Down to 1:30.8xx. Raised the spring rate again and fiddled with the brake bias and dampers to try to balance out grip balance during hard braking. Still not as collected as the previous MHH setup, but it's getting closer. Realized while I was typing this that I bumped the dampers the wrong direction when I adjusted the brakes, so I'll have to make another pass at those and see if I can't get it a bit closer to ideal.

Wow, this certainly brought back some good memories! I ended up listening to the it TWICE...

Thanks for sharing...

The older I get, the more I find a lot of the music I liked as a kid that I later "got too cool for" was actually pretty good music. CW McCall, The Beach Boys, Johnny Horton... All good stuff.
#468 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2021 8:00:20 PM(UTC)

The older I get, the more I find a lot of the music I liked as a kid that I later "got too cool for" was actually pretty good music. CW McCall, The Beach Boys, Johnny Horton... All good stuff.

All great stuff! ...👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#469 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 8:07:36 AM(UTC)
Current best: 1:30.659

Microscopic improvement over the previous x.663, but it was only my second flying lap of the session and the game crashed immediately after crossing the finish line, so I took that as a sign I was done for the day. I wager I'd be good for 1:30.0 on a solid lap, so the build's soft limit is probably around 1:28.5. Setup is finalized and uploaded in my build thread if anyone wants to check it out. Nothing fast, but fun to toss around. Does a lot better on other tracks than it does here.

Edit to add:

Now-current best: 1:30.4xx

Edited by user Sunday, February 7, 2021 2:21:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#470 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 5:28:48 PM(UTC)
Today I hit my perfect lap..... 😀

Official time.... Homestead Road Alt..... HLR BURNINASPHALT...... Renault Clio 10...... 1:30:972 😎
 2 users liked this post.
#471 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 1:14:10 PM(UTC)
Not much love shown to these cars before we arrived, so to place 3 in the top 20 and 10 in the top 50 exceeded our expectations. The Mazda 3, and the Renault Clios proved themselves picks of the bunch.

Welcome back iHoBo xx, who took the win from xAlea, and PRKid. The battle for 4th place was extremely close with less than half a second separating positions 4 to 10.

The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!

1st place: iHoBo xx
2nd place: xAlea Jacta Est
3rd place: HLR PRKid

Thanks to everyone for their participation.

This week we are off to Le Mans to run some Sport GT cars around the Bugatti circuit.

Week 21
Le Mans Bugatti Day
S Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Sport GT division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 17th February at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Sport GT Cars

2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Pace Car
2017 Acura NSX
2017 Acura NSX FE
2017 Aston Martin DB11
2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R
2017 Nissan GT-R
2016 Dodge Viper ACR
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2015 BMW i8
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 FE
2015 Ferrari 488 GTB
2015 McLaren 650S Coupe
2015 McLaren 570S Coupe
2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S
2014 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4
2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2013 Ferrari 458 Speciale
2013 SRT Viper GTS (Dodge Viper)
2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato
2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition FE
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
2011 McLaren 12C
2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
2010 Noble M600
2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series
2008 Aston Martin DBS
2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR FE
2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
 1 user liked this post.
#472 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 2:01:27 PM(UTC)
Dibs on the DB11! First come.... first served.... claimed by SithSpeed and the Dark Side!

Rubber Duck.... this is SithSpeed..... going to put the hammer down too..... 10-4 good buddy!
 2 users liked this post.
#473 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 11:23:03 AM(UTC)
It's been a long time guys. I gave the 2009 Corvette ago 1:39.502 on my first attempt.
#474 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 1:01:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BHR TRUEbk Go to Quoted Post
It's been a long time guys. I gave the 2009 Corvette ago 1:39.502 on my first attempt.

Good to see you back, and good time for your first run :D
#475 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 3:40:09 PM(UTC)
Been messing around with the Porsche GT3s, as out of the box they're all pretty fun to drive. Trying to get a build set up where a switch between Race- and Sport-compound tires will take me from homologation spec to S800. So far haven't had a ton of luck, though my latest attempt in the '19 might be close enough to roll with. Looks-wise I prefer the '12 (even before you count the factory paint options), but it has (very slightly) worse tire width options and I haven't found a build I'm willing to run that can make the switch between classes.

Related: Why does the '12 have adjustable front aero, the '16 adjustable rear aero, but the '19 has neither? Seems a bit odd, considering they're all essentially the same car.
21 Pages<<1718192021PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error