#1 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2020 8:16:49 PM(UTC)
A bit of preface, ive been playing fm7 for about a year now and just recently joined the racing project group. Im not the best but im no slouch and love racing and competition in class C lobby. I pride myself on being able to do so with clean laps and racing in general I absolutly love it when someone shows up who actually knows how to go good and clean and we get to race it out. It seems to me that lately after being absolutly destroyed by newbies in the first turn im unable to record clean laps and more now than ever on my way through the pack to the front most are content to swerve and run people off. I get it, it's just a part of being in hoppers, all of that aside i feel like the game no matter what doesn't let us record clean laps after being rammed early on. Im thinking it is somthing with the new update. Is anyone else having problems or seeing this issue?
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2020 10:10:09 AM(UTC)
Since you are in catchup mode after being rammed, are you absolutely sure you are not slipstreamng the car in front, or being slipstreamed by the car you just passed anywhere on the lap - if that occurs, your lap will show as Dirty., This is also impacted by the last section of the lap before, so effectively you need to do 1 1/3 laps clean for it to record. Clean lap times are best recorded in Rivals or Free Play with zero AI opponents.
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2021 12:58:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SkiwiNV Go to Quoted Post
Since you are in catchup mode after being rammed, are you absolutely sure you are not slipstreamng the car in front, or being slipstreamed by the car you just passed anywhere on the lap - if that occurs, your lap will show as Dirty., This is also impacted by the last section of the lap before, so effectively you need to do 1 1/3 laps clean for it to record. Clean lap times are best recorded in Rivals or Free Play with zero AI opponents.

Or race in FREE Play with Collisions OFF and up to 23 AI racers.

"Unofficial Senior Citizen" of Forza Motorsport
"Still racing at 82 years Young. Will it ever end?"
I have been a member since:
Friday, July 15, 2005 3:39:56 PM
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 1:25:29 AM(UTC)
or multiplayer with Collisions off.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 10:29:04 AM(UTC)
I get it, it's just a part of being in hoppers, all of that aside i feel like the game no doesn't let us record clean laps after being rammed early on.

Good points, all. But why does turn 10 get off the hook so easily? Being rammed shouldn’t be part and parcel of joining lobbies. 14 years into this game turn 10 has not yet figured out how to punish the Rammers and reward the clean racers, in fact it’s quite the opposite. Beyond that they still haven’t figured out how to reliably enter their lobbies through their servers. I remain disgusted with this game and I’m looking forward to PS five and GT7 this spring.

Notification

Icon
Error