94 Pages<<929394Prev
#2326 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2021 12:14:30 PM(UTC)
Very nice time Rayne. I managed a 1.12.9 in the Zonda (JumpyArdvarkITA tune if anyone wants an AWD option). Will switch back to the GT1 next time I run.
 7 users liked this post.
#2327 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2021 1:22:20 PM(UTC)
I was on the verge of leaving the Festival (again) but NO, pranged the wall at exit (again) pulled over by the Federales and charged with drink driving! McLaren impounded so walked back to the Festival for another pint and a packet of Scampi Fries! :)
#2328 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2021 6:00:15 PM(UTC)
Lol Well I realize im bad, but in the effort of trying I managed to shave off about 4 seconds. Still bad though

A - 1:31.300- Gran Tourismo S maserati

S1- 1:23.018 - R8 V10 Plus Audi
 1 user liked this post.
#2329 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 6:38:59 AM(UTC)
It’s generally a matter of practice and the time will start to reduce as you get used to the course. Also good to use a ghost maybe a second or so quicker so you can learn from them and see exactly what they are doing.

Of course, the car/tune also plays a significant role. The R8 is a good S1 car but I don’t think it’s one of the best. I’m not sure which R8 you are using but you could try ESV Suimin’s tune if it’s the 2016 one, as that’s what I use. However, I can only do 1.15s having had a couple of attempts, so it’s 2-3 seconds off the best cars here.
 1 user liked this post.
#2330 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 7:14:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
It’s generally a matter of practice and the time will start to reduce as you get used to the course. Also good to use a ghost maybe a second or so quicker so you can learn from them and see exactly what they are doing.

Of course, the car/tune also plays a significant role. The R8 is a good S1 car but I don’t think it’s one of the best. I’m not sure which R8 you are using but you could try ESV Suimin’s tune if it’s the 2016 one, as that’s what I use. However, I can only do 1.15s having had a couple of attempts, so it’s 2-3 seconds off the best cars here.

Yes I have learned a lot in the last 48 hours suach as info about the cars and tuning. I realized I was racing cars over 3k lbs while the lotus is around 2k. I do like NSX so after seeing a model make it I began my work on one. Been tuning it myself ( its fun to learn) and I have managed to break 1:20:596 reducing another 3 seconds. I did try some pre built tunes but felt as if I had no connection with the car or parts.

Now i am working to clear that final turn at horizon festival better and faster lol.

Another thing after some research it appeared I was driving cars in the GT2 to GT3 range which are not going to match cars in the GT1 range

Still its something fun to do and work on. As well to see what works and if I can use the same car to get a fast time.

1 user liked this post.
#2331 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 7:53:41 AM(UTC)
I finally got in there this week - tried my standard AWD options, Drag NA 1.1 McLaren is top 250 but that's it, time to experiment.

In other news - why do I have a blonde dude avatar in this forum? I never even created one... how do I get rid of it...?

Edited by user Sunday, March 7, 2021 8:31:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Read through the forum for other options to try.

2 users liked this post.
#2332 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 9:04:13 AM(UTC)
I think the avatar's maybe go back to Xbox 360, mine is def what i had as an avatar on the 360
 1 user liked this post.
#2333 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 9:14:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M0rt4LC0iL Go to Quoted Post
I think the avatar's maybe go back to Xbox 360, mine is def what i had as an avatar on the 360

My first console ever was the X One, but I never made an avatar, maybe it is picking up some default/randomized... I may have to fire it up to try and fix it, read a forum about it.

#2334 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 3:58:37 PM(UTC)
I *think* the forum avatars can be customized/replaced by the pc avatar utility... 🤔
Every train needs a caboose, right?
#2335 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 9:50:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RadientGG Go to Quoted Post
Yes I have learned a lot in the last 48 hours such as info about the cars and tuning. Been tuning it myself ( its fun to learn) and I have managed to break 1:20:596 reducing another 3 seconds. I did try some pre built tunes but felt as if I had no connection with the car or parts.

This is me, pretty much. I enjoy making my own tunes even if there is someone who has a better one. Sometimes I try someone else's and maybe it is my driving style but it just doesn't sync as well. I was running a Lotus GT1 that I have had for ages now. It just wasn't doing it for me. Didn't feel right. Went to tweak it and found out it was someone else's tune that I put on there month's ago for some reason. Put on my own, changed it up a little and took it 3 seconds off my time. The same goes with cars. Yes, some are faster, yes some turn better. But when you put it all together, there is an overall feel that either jibes with you or not. So really, even though this is a friendly challenge against other people, who am I really competing against? Me. But if I can sneak past one or two of you all in the process, I won't complain either. lol

Quote:
Now i am working to clear that final turn at horizon festival better and faster lol.

My problem was entering the chicane with too much speed. It took me over my exit line every time and caused me to slide into the gate. But now braking before I want to, allows me to get that turn in so I can now accelerate before I used to. Not only does it make it smoother, but it makes my exit curve end up at the gate or just past and I come out of it with a higher speed than before.

Keep at it and good luck.

#2336 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 1:56:53 AM(UTC)
Radient - your time is still showing as the Audi 1.23 time, so I don’t think your NSX run saved.
 3 users liked this post.
#2337 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 2:09:03 AM(UTC)
Updated leaderboard with two days to go. Times are Lotus GT1 unless stated - slightly ironic I banned it for a circuit last week and it transpires that a different build of it is very strong here. Really is a very good car:

Rayne - 1.12.589
Jezza - 1.12.606
Aleriooon - 1.13.140
Ziperr - 1.13.491 (Alfa 155)
Bree - 1.13.613
Rex - 1.14.341
FN - 1.14.381
Baron - 1.14.491
Leetorts - 1.14.525
Spiko - 1.14.541
Matteo - 1.14.908
RB - 1.15.127 (McLaren F1)
Odessa - 1.15.392 (Alfa 8C FE)
Runruss - 1.15.742 (Zonda C)
IngoingCake - 1.17.110 (Alfa 155)
Mort4lcoil - 1.19.012 (Zonda C)
Radient - 1.23.018 (Audi R8)

Everyone down to Runruss is within the top 1% times. Great driving everyone.
 1 user liked this post.
#2338 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 6:14:48 AM(UTC)
Just curious how many of you all are running Auto.

I keep telling myself I need to fully transition into Manual, but I haven't fully adopted it yet.
 2 users liked this post.
#2339 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 6:56:58 AM(UTC)
Only you and Radient are running Auto on this event at present Cake. The remainder are split 12 MC and 4 M. Both the GT1 and 155 are definitely faster running MC, so you will be losing quite a lot of time in Auto, compared to someone of equal skill who can use MC, with these particular cars.

In other assists, 6/18 people have TCS on (mainly I think due to the difficulty launching the RWD Elise otherwise). Only Radient also has stability control on (probably worth turning that off for this type of race as I can’t imagine it provides much help and most assists tend to slow you down). 9/18 people have ABS on.
#2340 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 7:00:17 AM(UTC)
Don’t know if it helps at all but the fastest auto times on the leaderboard are both set using the ATS (1.14.4 and 1.14.6). Might be worth seeing if you can build that to be faster for you than the 155.

May also be worth trying the Zonda C as the build I ran 1.12.9 in (JumpyArdvarkITA) appears to have minimal lag in gear changes in auto.

Edited by user Monday, March 8, 2021 7:06:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2341 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 7:49:27 AM(UTC)
I´m run almost identical times with the Elise as with the 8C. So for me its not a better car 🤔
 1 user liked this post.
#2342 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 8:45:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OdEssA VL Go to Quoted Post
I´m run almost identical times with the Elise as with the 8C. So for me its not a better car 🤔

Did you follow some Elise ghosts to see where you are losing time against them? No doubt the Elise is harder to drive but it has a lot higher potential. It helps to drive against a ghost in the same car which is also near your own best time if possible.

I got into the top 100 at A class (not in a GT car though) doing that earlier, I set a time in the Peugeot with my other account and used the ghost to improve, it helps a lot.
#2343 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 10:20:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Did you follow some Elise ghosts to see where you are losing time against them? No doubt the Elise is harder to drive but it has a lot higher potential. It helps to drive against a ghost in the same car which is also near your own best time if possible.

I got into the top 100 at A class (not in a GT car though) doing that earlier, I set a time in the Peugeot with my other account and used the ghost to improve, it helps a lot.

I´m always use my own time to chase. I gonna try a Elise as ghost to see what i´m doing wrong.
I improved my time using the Zonda C to 1.14:5xx (thanks Jezza😉 )
 1 user liked this post.
#2344 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 11:42:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Only you and Radient are running Auto on this event at present Cake. The remainder are split 12 MC and 4 M. Both the GT1 and 155 are definitely faster running MC, so you will be losing quite a lot of time in Auto, compared to someone of equal skill who can use MC, with these particular cars.

In other assists, 6/18 people have TCS on (mainly I think due to the difficulty launching the RWD Elise otherwise). Only Radient also has stability control on (probably worth turning that off for this type of race as I can’t imagine it provides much help and most assists tend to slow you down). 9/18 people have ABS on.

I can only run Auto due to some medically disabilities. I still shoot for the best time. I feel right now I am trying to beat myself lol Based on my experience in Forza 1-3 long ago there will be a few cars that are just the best for a track/course.

I was unaware the leader boards showed Auto/manual. I know with manual you can be faster, But that is ok for me. Thanks @jezza14 for letting us know. I figured everyone was using manual but its nice to know if there is an auto time to shoot for. I just want to try and get better personally. I will also try the top cars and see if I can get close.

Hoping to see a rally course at some point...Cotsworld :)
#2345 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 11:55:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

I will try this stradegy , thanks for the tips all
 2 users liked this post.
#2346 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 2:29:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
Just curious how many of you all are running Auto.

I keep telling myself I need to fully transition into Manual, but I haven't fully adopted it yet.

Hi IC,

I ran auto for ages (like right up to basically the beginning of Jezza's rivals challenges). I thought i did pretty well and i did, i was winning consistently and i was setting some really good rivals times. Then i met up with this bunch through the Rivals and realised about 5 challenges in that if i wanted to do better then i had to learn manual.

I always thought manual was going to be a pain in the backside and it was the first couple of times i tried ( i was all over the place, missing gears and just downright stuffing everything up). It was like i had to train my finger to automatically know which button to press without thinking.

I eventually got used to it and thought "hello, why haven't i been doing this since the beginning"....lol!!!!!!

I saw a massive improvement on my times (which made me very happy believe me) and started driving manual all the time.

Only in the recent past (several months back being recent for me) did i give MC a go and i pretty much have that down pat now but i still use just manual 99 percent of the time.

I also have tended to stay away from RWD as i hate the start where i can never figure out the damn wheel spins.

This event i was pleasantly surprised to be using both MC and RWD to set a decent time Rivals. Althought i finally may have the hang of that combo, i don't think it's going to be a everyday thing i do :)

My opinion IC, try to adopt it as quick as you can (in your own time of course) and you will never look back.

Edited by user Monday, March 8, 2021 2:43:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2347 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 3:43:16 PM(UTC)
Managed to dip into the 1:12s and that's quite enough of this track for me :)

If anyone wants to do some ranked team adventure, feel free to invite. The only playlist where the ranks are made up and the points don't matter!

On the automatic vs manual discussion, you can climb fairly high on a lot of the leaderboards (particularly in the faster classes where MC doesn't matter as often) with automatic. I started out playing this way as I'm sure many of us did and had reasonable succes in Rivals and ranked. I then gradually switched in 2019 as I realized how much time I was giving up when comparing Rivals times. I only learned how to do MC after participating in some of these challenges, but I think it's a smaller leap than automatic to manual. If you're able to do it (and my apologies to those that I understand cannot for a variety of reasons), it's well worth doing since it makes the game more immersive and more rewarding.

Edited by user Monday, March 8, 2021 4:02:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2348 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 6:35:34 PM(UTC)
It's funny, I drive and strongly prefer manual IRL. And often make fun of people who can't. (Um, sorry)

But driving using buttons and triggers is already awkward for me. It's not intuitive for me at all even after a few years. So the added button switching of making it manual just makes it that much more awkward. I have done it on drag races...because, well duh. Not much else to focus on. And a few CC races where the auto gear selection was atrocious, like shifting up a while going uphill. But I should just bite the bullet and try to get used to it.

Then I'll be coming for you all. lol
94 Pages<<929394Prev

Notification

Icon
Error