21 Pages<<1617181920>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#426 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 1:48:13 PM(UTC)
I like Hockenheim (especially National), but these cars are anathema. I realize every kid who lived through the '80s had a Trapper Keeper with a Countach or a Testarossa on it (myself included), but as an adult I'd rather fiddleflatulate around in a Fiat 500 than any of the Italian cars I'm supposed to like.

Tried a McLaren (both with and without aero) and a Testarossa. Might give the 959 another go, though I'm somewhat miffed there isn't a H6 motor swap for it. Might "skip this week" and see if I can't recreate a Ruf CTR. Would fit thematically, even if it wouldn't count officially.

Current best: 1:32.something in the aero McLaren.

==

Edit to add:

1:36.257 in a faux Ruf CTR. Specs and appearance are about correct, but the top speed's way lower than it should be. Tops out at 185 rather than the 210+ it's supposed to.

Edit 2: 1:36.090. The suspension setup still needs a lot of work, and the gearing and power delivery are terrible. Was eyeballing that '93 Leichtbau thinking it might make a better CTR base, but I don't feel like paying the $17.99 (plus shipping and handling) or whatever it is T10 is charging for individual cars these days just to find out. If it was still $0.99 per, I would.

Edited by user Friday, January 15, 2021 3:09:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#427 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2021 8:09:08 AM(UTC)
Gave up on the CTR (I really, really hate turbos...) and switched over to a 959. I've never been crazy about the looks, but it's a lot better than most of the things that crawled out of the '80s. We'll call it a wash. Build is The Wrong Engine, 265s front and rear, and all the adjustables.

Set it up as a 3-speed (because what every supercar needs is a three on the tree, right?), dialed in my startpoint setup, and hit the track. Took a few passes to get the gearing sorted, and I briefly toyed with the idea of using a 2-speed. Not 100% sure, but I think I had the spring frequency jacked up the last time I tried to do something with the car, as even with my default settings the car was fairly driveable. A little loose under power, but not intolerable. Some damper and toe adjustments got it close enough to start pushing.

Current best: 1:32.490

Adjusted the brakes and dampers after that pass, but didn't get a chance to run it after that. Might be able to nudge into the 1:31 range, but I doubt I'll see much beyond that with a no aero build.

2 users liked this post.
#428 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 4:04:12 PM(UTC)
What is up folks! I hope today finds you all happy, safe and healthy! It's been a long time and I've been missing all you Forza OGs and wanted to say "hey" and give this Hotlap Challenge things another go. Im hoping to get back on before you switch tracks, but I ran a couple laps in an old F40 I had laying around. Ran a 1:33 something if I remember correctly.

I hope to get some laps and time in over the next few weeks anyway. Granted, I spend most of my gaming time on the Horizon, I miss all the familiar folks I've been lucky enough to mess around with over the last few years. Here's to the miles of smiles!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#429 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 6:14:42 PM(UTC)
Welcome back Zepp, glad you were able to give this week's HLC a run. Hope all is well with you as well!

Keep in mind that we are changing these up on a weekly basis, so, will have a different challenge tomorrow (Wednesday). We plan to keep running a Season 4 until we get a word on FM8 release plans.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#430 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 4:15:39 AM(UTC)
Hey guys! So glad I stumbled across this, I've been hoping for a bit of competition to tide me over until news of the next release. Hoping to squeeze a time in after work before the next week rolls over, do I need to do anything other than post my time and car in here?

TIA, Foggy.
< Clicky
#431 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 6:46:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LS FOGGY Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys! So glad I stumbled across this, I've been hoping for a bit of competition to tide me over until news of the next release. Hoping to squeeze a time in after work before the next week rolls over, do I need to do anything other than post my time and car in here?

TIA, Foggy.

Welcome Foggy! Glad you will be joining us. I will add you to our LBs for the HLC. Please let me know if (1) you drive with wheel or controller, (2) the VIEW that you use to drive, and, (3) whether you are Hardcore with the assists. You can post your time/car. Expect some Friend requests coming your way.

Best of Luck!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#432 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 9:14:25 AM(UTC)
Official time...... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... Hockenheim National..... Ferrari F50..... 1:31:799 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#433 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 11:03:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

Welcome Foggy! Glad you will be joining us. I will add you to our LBs for the HLC. Please let me know if (1) you drive with wheel or controller, (2) the VIEW that you use to drive, and, (3) whether you are Hardcore with the assists. You can post your time/car. Expect some Friend requests coming your way.

Best of Luck!

PRKid

Thanks a lot! Details are;

(1) Controller
(2) Bonnet/Hood view
(3) Hardcore (all assists off)

Fire the FR's away. Heading on soon!

EDIT; Jumped in with an F40 I already owned and managed a 1:30.522. Excited to hear about this week's challenge later so I can put some proper time in!

Foggy

Edited by user Wednesday, January 20, 2021 12:34:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

< Clicky
 2 users liked this post.
#434 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 12:04:34 PM(UTC)
So on these challenges, I usually just grab a car I already own and go from there. It's fun, not competitive usually. This week I had a Testarossa and the Bugatti. The TR was a better driver for me personally.

Anyways, I caved and bought an F50. I immediately 'tuned' a bit and instantly could tell this was the ringer. The rotation is what I struggle with. Likely from my lack of being smooth and essentially using the analog stick as a d pad...not really, but I cannot get my fingers to be smooth enough in turns that are not full lock usually and this prevents me from running simulation steering. (really just excuses)....

After some mods, I was consistently hitting good segments...But as per usual, was not putting them all together on a single lap because WEEEEEE......having to get back to work, I did NOT better my TR time and sit at the bottom haha.

Apparently I am a pay driver.

Thanks to you all, I am already much faster than I was 4 weeks of racing ago! =) I now only shift manually as well thanks to you all telling me to go for it.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 20, 2021 12:11:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza 🔰Newbie
 4 users liked this post.
#435 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 1:04:55 PM(UTC)
Good to see the return of USCHawks31, and xDeaDxZeppLiNx. We'll keep this going as long as there is a demand for it, or until the new Motorsport game arrives.

Unsurprisingly, the Ferrari F50 was once again the most successful car, and xAlea showed his class to take the win. PRKid, and minsons claimed the podium places.

The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!

1st place: xAlea Jacta Est
2nd place: HLR PRKid
3rd place: minsons

Thanks to everyone that took part.

This week we are off to Sebring to run some historic road racers. We hope you enjoy it, but I can guarantee that grip will not be king on this track :D

Week 18
Sebring Short Day
B Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Historic Road Racing division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 27th January at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Historic Road Racing Cars

1977 Holden Torana A9X
1977 Holden Torana A9X FE
1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455
1973 Ford XB Falcon GT
1972 Ford Falcon XA GT-H0
1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 Hemi
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
1971 AMC Javelin AMX
1971 Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III
1970 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
1970 AMC Rebel 'The Machine'
1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe FE
1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI FE
1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 FE
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427
1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe

23 cars. The '65 Mustang is always strong. but lots of other great cars to choose from. Have fun building and driving them.
 1 user liked this post.
#436 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 9:04:00 AM(UTC)
Got distracted working on my own spring rate calculator (and trying to reverse-engineer how the game engine handles wheel travel relative to spring rate and ride height), so I'm not going to get a ton of laps in this week. Did a quick buildup of a '65 Mustang (stock motor on Race tires, so slow as molasses), got what I feel is a pretty solid lap for the build, and that'll probably be it for the week. I did take a stab at a Camero [sic], but that was more testing a variant formula for springs than anything else.

Looks like a pretty diverse group of cars at the top of the leaderboards. Always nice to see some viable variety.
 1 user liked this post.
#437 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 1:18:34 PM(UTC)
Had a play around with the '69 Mustang for a while and managed to get my time down to a 1:20.881, which I was pretty proud of, until I checked the leaderboard in here haha! I'll hop back into it once or twice throughout the week to see if I can go faster but I think I've just about had my fun with this one. I enjoy driving the muscle cars in a race scenario but they're really not my bag for going fast in. Hugely impressed with some of the times you guys are throwing down!

Edit; couldn't help myself and had another go. Down to a 1:20.287. I know I can get into the 19s!

Edited by user Saturday, January 23, 2021 1:42:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

< Clicky
#438 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 2:48:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LS FOGGY Go to Quoted Post
Edit; couldn't help myself and had another go. Down to a 1:20.287. I know I can get into the 19s!

That's the way to stick with it FOGGY, nice job!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#439 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 5:07:15 PM(UTC)
Built a ‘Vette... watched it run.... gleaming in the sun 🌞......

Official time..... HLR BURNINASPHALT...... Sebring Short.... Corvette ‘67..... 1:21:477 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#440 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 3:28:08 AM(UTC)
'Bout time for semis at Bathurst, isn't it?
#441 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 12:24:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
'Bout time for semis at Bathurst, isn't it?

Will FM8 continue with the Semi's? 😂

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#442 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 1:04:30 PM(UTC)
Although initially concerned about the power required for this track, it was good to see a variety of the cars running competitive times. xAlea, and PRKid both managed top 10 times running different cars, with minsons just outside at #11. Some very close times in the midfield!

The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!

1st place: xAlea Jacta Est
2nd place: HLR PRKid
3rd place: minsons

Thanks to everyone that took part.

This week we are off to Yas Marina to run some Sport Touring cars.

Week 19
Yas Marina South Day
S Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Sport Touring division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 3rd February at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Sport Touring Cars

2018 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5
2018 Kia Stinger
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 FE
2016 BMW M4 GTS
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport
2016 Ford Shelby GT350R
2016 Ford Shelby GT350R FE
2016 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupe
2016 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupe FE
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
2015 Ford Falcon GT F 351
2015 Ford Falcon XR8
2015 Ford Mustang GT
2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT
2014 BMW M4 Coupe
2014 BMW M4 Coupe FE
2014 Chevrolet Super Sport
2014 Chevrolet Super Sport FE
2014 Ford FPV Limited Edition Pursuit Ute
2014 Ford FPV Limited Edition Pursuit Ute FE
2014 HSV GEN-F GTS
2014 HSV Limited Edition GEN-F GTS Maloo
2013 Aston Martin Vantage S
2013 Audi RS4 Avant
2013 Ford Shelby GT500
2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
2012 Jaguar XKR-S
2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe Black Series
2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe Black Series FE
2011 HSV GTS

By my count that is 36 cars in this division LOL. But if I've missed any let me know!

The 2016 Ford has done well previously, but the winner is anyone's guess using S class.
 1 user liked this post.
#443 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 2:15:39 PM(UTC)
I have yet to drive MOST (of the 36) of these cars, so, time to test several of them before FM8 comes around. I will start with the AM, just because it looks better (sporty) than most!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#444 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 2:31:39 PM(UTC)
I have yet to drive MOST (of the 36) of these cars, so, time to test several of them before FM8 comes around. I will start with the AM, just because it looks better (sporty) than most!

PRKid

I would be in agreement that the Vantage is definitely the looker of the bunch.

I've found a decent tune for the 16 Ford and so far managed a 1:01:369. Definitely more time in it. I could see sub 1 minute times this week with the right tune and driver.

Speaking of Forza 8 all I really want is for the buggy dynamic menus to get fixed. When I race online sometimes they freeze for so long I can't even change car during the intermission between the races. Maybe I'd also like for Fujimi Kaido or some point to point stages to be added back....

Also thanks to the HLR guys in general for keeping this going over the many months/years these hot lap comps have been going on for. Definitely a welcome distraction during the current times we're living in.

1 user liked this post.
#445 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 2:41:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
2018 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5
2018 Kia Stinger
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 / FE
2016 BMW M4 GTS
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport
2016 Ford Shelby GT350R / FE
2016 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupe / FE
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
2015 Ford Falcon GT F 351
2015 Ford Falcon XR8
2015 Ford Mustang GT
2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT
2014 BMW M4 Coupe / FE
2014 Chevrolet Super Sport / FE
2014 Ford FPV Limited Edition Pursuit Ute / FE
2014 HSV GEN-F GTS
2014 HSV Limited Edition GEN-F GTS Maloo
2013 Aston Martin Vantage S
2013 Audi RS4 Avant
2013 Ford Shelby GT500
2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
2012 Jaguar XKR-S
2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe Black Series / FE
2011 HSV GTS

Reformatted the list with the FE cars on the same line as the normal versions. Figured it'd be easier to parse that way.

I will start with the AM, just because it looks better (sporty) than most!

I've tried to make something of the Aston every time I've run these cars, and I keep giving up. It stubbornly refuses to drive even half as good as it looks.
 1 user liked this post.
#446 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 2:52:55 PM(UTC)
Huge line-up of cars....
#447 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 3:49:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
I will start with the AM, just because it looks better (sporty) than most!

I've tried to make something of the Aston every time I've run these cars, and I keep giving up. It stubbornly refuses to drive even half as good as it looks.

hmmmmm..... I'll give it my best shot with several extra laps and see. Started with a default tune with only 3 changes (TPs, MAX Aero, and Diff).

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#448 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 5:01:38 PM(UTC)
'12 Jag's a bust. Tried with the stock motor and with the V12 swap and both were twitchy and harsh. Aston Martin was next. Seems to drive a lot better at S740 than it did at A700, but I haven't had the guts to bump the power up enough to get it to S800. Will probably ruin it. Last time we ran these I ended up in the '14 M4, so I'll likely give that a shot tomorrow.

I really want to like that Aston Martin, though...

Current best: 1:06.4xx
#449 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 7:00:53 AM(UTC)
Thanks for adding my time into the leaderboards.

I was playing with the 2018 Ford Mustang and was only a couple of tenths off. Does anyone have a gearing solution for this car to only use 5 gears and NOT 10?
#450 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 8:06:40 AM(UTC)
I set up both the Jag and the AM to use three gears over the entire track and it seemed to work pretty well. First for the right angle sections, second for the short runs between the right angle sections, and third only on the main straight. I'd expect you could do something similar with pretty much any car, given how samey all the turns on Yas are. Does the Frod come stock with an adjustable final drive?
21 Pages<<1617181920>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error