#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 11:51:52 AM(UTC)
What's going on with "The Eliminator" today?

All day today, there has been a maximum of 9 players at the start of each session I've played (about 15 sessions), with all sessions being either 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 and on two occasion just two (but those two got disconnected).

Normally sessions range from 40-60, but for some reason today, never above 10.

Weird!

Season 31 was supposed to download today (goes live Thursday), so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 12, 2021 2:48:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 1:12:38 PM(UTC)
That is odd - I've played 6 or 7 sessions today, lowest attendance has been around 36 and max 50+!

Dampens the fun a bit, but I suppose ups your chances of a top ten finish! :D
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 3:37:32 PM(UTC)
Just had another 5 player session and there was only two of us left and entered a H2H with 2 arena shrinks left to go and beat the rival and the session ended there and then. I always wondered what would happen if the final two players entered a H2H before the 'Final Race'.....now I know! LOl
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 10:14:09 PM(UTC)
I am seeing the same small groups. I am on the newly released XBox. Maybe there are new server for the new version now? The new console does offer some competitive advantage though slight. Are other people seeing larger groups? I have seen nothing over 6 today in both Eliminator and in Horizon Live.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 3:35:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UBS AG Go to Quoted Post
Are other people seeing larger groups? I have seen nothing over 6 today in both Eliminator and in Horizon Live.
Being the OP of this thread, I saw 22 at the start of my first session today, which slowly increased to 35 before the first arena shrinkage.

It was weird yeasterday though as it was hard to even find the other players on the full map when there was such low numbers. Fun while it lasted though.

Theoretically, during such a weird glitch (for want of a better word), a player could start a session as the only player and immediately win, unless the feature is designed in such a way that less than two players will result in a "Not Enough Players" error and start searching for another session of 'The Eliminator'.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 13, 2021 3:40:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 8:21:45 AM(UTC)
So, of 10 attempts to start a session today, all bar one have failed - session is found , it comes up with 1/72 or 3/72 Players Accepted, and then.. nothing, Until I ALT+F4 out.

Also, not had the Series 31 update either yet - wonder if there's issues in the background somewhere?

(edit to add - playing on PC in the UK)

Edited by user Wednesday, January 13, 2021 8:22:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 12:51:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bethel71 Go to Quoted Post
So, of 10 attempts to start a session today, all bar one have failed - session is found , it comes up with 1/72 or 3/72 Players Accepted, and then.. nothing, Until I ALT+F4 out.

Also, not had the Series 31 update either yet - wonder if there's issues in the background somewhere?

(edit to add - playing on PC in the UK)

Same here. I checked and connection test on Xbox Companion is fine. Everything is up to date.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 1:04:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bethel71 Go to Quoted Post
So, of 10 attempts to start a session today, all bar one have failed.....
....(edit to add - playing on PC in the UK)

Yep! Same here. Played a few sessions earlier, which had higher numbers (in the 30s) than yesterday.

But noticed that Series 31 hadn't been installed, so done a full shutdown and rebooted to see if that would initiate the download and The Eliminator has been messed up ever since (XB1X / UK).

--EDIT--
All seemingly working again!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 13, 2021 1:59:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 11:29:42 AM(UTC)
Nope, still the same for me. All updated, tried to open an Eliminator session and

Spinny spin, until ALT+F4 kills the game, no other way out...

Looks like a few people are having a variety of online issues today, hopefully this will get sorted sooner rather than later.
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 8:39:31 PM(UTC)
Works well for me today. Back to normal sized sessions with 30-50 people pretty regularly, but occasionally I still end up in one that has less than 12 every third or fourth try. Pretty weird.
#11 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2021 8:18:21 AM(UTC)
I feel something is semi-broken with matchmaking of the Eliminator mode these last couple of days, seeing I'm not the only one being stucked during the "X players accepted" loading, need to kill the game and hope for the best after restart.

Yesterday (Jan 14th) we started with 11 players but now seems to be back to normal regarding player count, but global loading time (when working) feels longer than usual.

Also since yesterday, game systematically starts in offline mode (all online related stuff grayed out) then I get online within the next minute without doing anything.
Using VPN or changing to non-ISP DNS doesnt change anything so I'm totally convinced the issue is not on our side, but definitely at server-level.

Let's wait and see ...

Edited by user Friday, January 15, 2021 8:19:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error