#1 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 12:40:09 PM(UTC)
I have been making livery designs for fun since FM2 and have never really shared anything here over the years. Finished this livery for the Hot Wheels Twin Mill today and I am very happy with the result so I thought it was time to change that! Livery is a replica of the 2020 Hot Wheels Mystery Models Series 2 - Twin Mill #5.

Share Code: 147 350 964

Edited by user Monday, May 4, 2020 12:40:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FM2 LCE - FM3 LCE VIP - FM4 LCE VIP - FH LCE VIP - FM5 Day One Paddock Edition LCE VIP - FH2 Day One VIP - FM6 Ultimate VIP - FH3 Ultimate VIP - FM7 Ultimate VIP - FH4 Ultimate VIP
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 5:12:43 AM(UTC)
Rally inspired original design sponsored by Mecum Auctions on the 1986 Hoonigan Ford RS200 Evolution. I loved that I could paint and vinyl the foglight covers independent of the body color using the iconic "Sold" logo. Really makes the design!

Share Code: 156 589 956

Edited by user Tuesday, May 5, 2020 5:52:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FM2 LCE - FM3 LCE VIP - FM4 LCE VIP - FH LCE VIP - FM5 Day One Paddock Edition LCE VIP - FH2 Day One VIP - FM6 Ultimate VIP - FH3 Ultimate VIP - FM7 Ultimate VIP - FH4 Ultimate VIP
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 5:20:37 AM(UTC)
Toy Story RC fantasy design on the Volkswagen Motorsport #94 I.D R Pike Peak hill climber. As an all electric racer the I.D R seemed like the perfect vehicle to adapt the PIXAR fan favorite. Added the "Toy Story" logo to the hood to help with recognition since the design is a bit abstract.

Share Code: 128 178 369

Edited by user Tuesday, May 5, 2020 5:52:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 6:23:25 AM(UTC)
Nice designs! Never knew you could paint a foglight cover.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 6:29:14 AM(UTC)
Some very excellent work 👍🏻 Really diggin that Twin Mill design 🔥🔥
sig box
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 7:28:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KoolIROCZ1967 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks! Definitely had fun making that one.

BTW, you're one of my followed creators. Your white/blue Saleen livery for the 93 Cobra R is one of my absolute favorites.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 4:18:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Nice designs! Never knew you could paint a foglight cover.

Thank you! I don't believe this translates to the regular RS200, but it was definitely a cool surprise on the Hoonigan version.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 10:44:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PINKE1842 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KoolIROCZ1967 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks! Definitely had fun making that one.

BTW, you're one of my followed creators. Your white/blue Saleen livery for the 93 Cobra R is one of my absolute favorites.

Much appreciated 👍🏻
sig box
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2020 6:55:38 PM(UTC)
I have been making livery designs for fun since FM2 and have never really shared anything here over the years.

Glad you’ve decided to share, I like the Twin Mill 😎

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#10 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 1:47:22 PM(UTC)
Awesome stuff! Love that Twin, the colors and the layout work very well together!
#11 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 4:48:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
I have been making livery designs for fun since FM2 and have never really shared anything here over the years.

Glad you’ve decided to share, I like the Twin Mill 😎

Originally Posted by: IG TOWLEY CHONG Go to Quoted Post
Awesome stuff! Love that Twin, the colors and the layout work very well together!

Thank you both! I can't take all the credit because someone at Mattel is the real genius behind the design. It just caught my eye and I had the patience to replicate it so we can all enjoy it.
#12 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 4:59:51 AM(UTC)
Magnus Walker aka "Urban Outlaw" tribute budget build on the 1997 Honda Civic Type R Hatchback. This is a design I made a long time ago for league racing, but I still think is well done and great for a good laugh. Since we aren't all lucky enough be able to afford a 911, why not "run what ya brung" in something a little more reasonably priced?! I especially enjoyed swapping the iconic Porsche rocker stripe text to read Honda in the proper font.

Share Code: 179 374 691

#13 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 5:12:37 AM(UTC)
2019 Ford GT Heritage Edition #9 Gulf Blue and Orange livery for the 2017 Ford GT. I made this design in Forza 6 several years before Ford produced it as a special edition, but I recently updated it to include the proper stylized number pads. Normally I am a huge stickler for accuracy, but I made the executive decision to not edit my original stripe. Ford's design has a much smaller radius where the orange on the front bumper meets the over the top stripe. In my opinion, the larger and more curvaceous sweep in my original design fits the lines of the car better. Also, due to limitations built into the car's in game model I opted for dark gray number pads rather than the proper raw carbon fiber to keep the outside portion of the rear pods body color since to my knowledge that location cannot be covered with vinyl layers.

Share Code: 453 373 013

#14 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 12:53:41 PM(UTC)
One more for today! Another Mecum Auctions original design which I adapted from the stock 1932 Ford onto the 1932 Ford Custom "Double Down". The native livery already had a lot of really great features so I did my best to tie those seamlessly into the instead of just covering them up. Overall I think it is one of my strongest liveries to date.

Share Code: 821 488 424

User is suspended until 11/12/2047 6:21:02 AM(UTC)
#15 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2020 5:07:55 PM(UTC)
Props on the work. Keep em coming

****RETIRED****
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 5:21:43 AM(UTC)
Yesterday, in between real world garage projects, I decided to make a Mecum Auctions gasser on the 1955 Hoonigan Chevrolet Bel Air since I was feeling inspired by KoolIROCZ1967's 1955 "Pontiac" and Rat Fink designs. This is my first serious attempt at using the special base semigloss steel with layer masks. Also, tried an old school fade for the first time and I am really happy with the relatively seamless outcome. If I am going to continue making designs I am definitely going to need to start making more logos to add some more variety to my catalog. I took the time to look up the NHRA classifications from the mid to late 50's and determined it would fall into "A/GS" since the car's in-game model does not have a full interior, I opted for the 427CI (7.0L) engine swap, it weighs 2990lbs, and I had to have the huge supercharger sticking out of the hood.

Share Code: 604 904 913

Edited by user Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:14:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 11:22:24 AM(UTC)
I haven't been painting much over the last 6 months and anything I have done I haven't felt was worth sharing. Recently I had a commission for a friend that required creating the Kendall Motor Oil logo and I was really happy with how it turned out. As a result, I decided to make an Alumi Craft Class 10 off-road buggie featuring the iconic brand. Overall the design is simple, but I think it is one of my most successful designs to date. It features a chrome base with red and black vinyl over top and patterned panels featuring oil weights in text.

Share Code: 195 095 023

Quick Reply

Notification

Icon
Error