35 Pages<<333435Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#851 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 11:31:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
It will be the hire car (if you don’t have a car in the appropriate class the game allows you to hire one untuned one).

Everybody should have the Welcome Pack 718 which happens to be A800 (although RWD), so no trouble with epensive cars. Or the GT40 barn find. No need to hire, just think before you start playing.

I absolutely understand that there are players who struggle with drivatars on "unbeatable" level. I remember my learning curve and I am still terrible at team games. But it should be no problem, for whatever you are going to do - races or games , to at least prepare a car.

I admit I really got angry when I saw a "teammate" Krisztianwhatsoever fooling around in his Tipo61 on the grass. He couldn´t handle the RWD car but stayed in the race. Only because we won first and second place the result was 1250:1200 points. In the end he got the prize as well - without even finishing a lap....
#852 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 9:05:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlitzHirsch7809 Go to Quoted Post
It will be the hire car (if you don’t have a car in the appropriate class the game allows you to hire one untuned one).

Everybody should have the Welcome Pack 718 which happens to be A800 (although RWD), so no trouble with epensive cars. Or the GT40 barn find. No need to hire, just think before you start playing.

I absolutely understand that there are players who struggle with drivatars on "unbeatable" level. I remember my learning curve and I am still terrible at team games. But it should be no problem, for whatever you are going to do - races or games , to at least prepare a car.

I admit I really got angry when I saw a "teammate" Krisztianwhatsoever fooling around in his Tipo61 on the grass. He couldn´t handle the RWD car but stayed in the race. Only because we won first and second place the result was 1250:1200 points. In the end he got the prize as well - without even finishing a lap....

A solution to that would be something else I've posted on here a few times, anyone who scores 0 in all 3 races receives nothing.
#853 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 1:37:17 PM(UTC)
The WP cars will only be available to someone who has paid for them. They are paid DLC, so not everyone has them. Of course, I agree people could easily prepare better but just explaining why you see so many Tipos!
#854 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:55:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post

A solution to that would be something else I've posted on here a few times, anyone who scores 0 in all 3 races receives nothing.

I'm kinda with you on that. I have no problem someone riding my coattails or just needing the extra help because I can race unbeatable and they can't. Hey, I needed the help when I started too. My first Trial actually was an S2 street if I recall correctly. That was abysmal. lol. Some people have more difficulty with Cross Country, others with S2, others with Vintage Racers (I had to buy a car just for the event, they were going $1-2 mil apiece in the auction...so yeah, a little prohibitive when you are getting started.

But when someone is twirling out in the grass (have never seen that one lol), or driving backwards on the course (I have seen), or goaltending the finish line (I have seen), or two entire laps back (I have also seen), there needs to be a way to account for that so they are not rewarded for literally punishing their team. So yeah, I can see something like if you take literally no points whatsoever, you do not get the prize, even if your team wins. It might catch the occasional tough-luck competitor but it will certainly snare the no-cares or anti-player. Of course, as soon as you make a limit, someone will do the bare minimum just to continue being an *ahem* unsportsmanlike player.
#855 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 4:50:29 AM(UTC)
There's the '66 Ford Lotus Cortina as well, 50000(?) in the auto show and there are pretty strong A800 tunes out for it. Not the most obvious car on the list, it lacks top speed compared to the obvious strong contenders in this class (Daytona, TZ2, ..) but handles like a charm. Can handle the drivatars easily on all tracks, just if you want to DNF as many mates and opponents you'll probably want to take a different car.

I've played this trial a few times now (with the Daytona, 250 GTO, TZ2, 356SL, Maserati 300S, GT40 MK I, 906), mostly because I like the selection of cars. Classic Racers and A800 road are pretty fun, but I dont think I've ever lapped so many "mates" before.
#856 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 10:23:13 AM(UTC)
I'm just surprised that I did upset somebody so much by winning first race in trial to:
1. ram me and actually T-bone me full speed into corner in second race
2. actually turn around on finish straight and try to crash me head on on last lap of last race, because I was in the lead
They also did time the waiting and turning, to get out of ghost mode just a sec or so before they would hit me.

Like somebody suggested, maybe player cars should have collision among them disabled.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#857 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 12:11:26 PM(UTC)
The WP cars will only be available to someone who has paid for them. They are paid DLC, so not everyone has them. Of course, I agree people could easily prepare better but just explaining why you see so many Tipos!

The WP Cars are free if you have Game Pass. Maybe, I should type free in quotations. However, they are available if you're on that service. I am, it's pretty good. Although, I did buy the Ultimate Edition of FH4 at launch before I was a Game Pass subscriber. I just noticed the cars recently. On topic, the recent Trial was probably my favorite so far.
#858 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 12:20:38 PM(UTC)
You are getting the Welcome Pack cars through Ultimate Edition, not through Game Pass so far as I am aware.
#859 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 1:06:04 PM(UTC)
You are getting the Welcome Pack cars through Ultimate Edition, not through Game Pass so far as I am aware.

My bad. I stopped playing for a while due to my complete disappointment with The Eliminator along with other things PG added and didn't notice until after I was paying for Game Pass.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 18, 2020 1:08:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#860 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2020 5:55:59 AM(UTC)
I would like to see some sort of qualifier if they intend to keep the trial in the next game, maybe something like 1 of the trial races solo vs Pro or Unbeatable AI and you have to get a podium finish.

Not being horrible but some you come across are blatantly just there to leech the win + prize off the back of much better players.

I have no problem with any teammate as long as it looks like they're trying but so many don't.

Co-op with random players in any game seldom turns out well on a consistent basis, why PG wanted that to be the only option for online at launch I have no idea.

I'm not going to blame them for clueless players though, the trial is my favourite event and I wish the option of going straight to the next race in the offline championships was there, would make them flow so much better.
 1 user liked this post.
#861 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2020 6:46:50 PM(UTC)
Nah the hardest part of this trial is to find a team where teammates will stay focused and stop ramming you for whatever reason. I could understand in a competitive race that some people love to ram to upset other players to win (but they shouldnt), but in a TRIAL?? i dont get it. Why people do that?? three tries, and always one or two players ramming me until i get off the road, and of course once that happens its too late to even end up betwen the first four or five. In the third try, i just quit the trial in rage-quit. I could do the same myself by i always try to be a clean player, but it seems that at this rate ima going to change my way of thinking.

Edited by user Sunday, December 27, 2020 9:27:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#862 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 10:48:57 AM(UTC)
Well, I thought the trial and how to handle it should be clear after such a long time.. ...but this week´s trial shows me I´m wrong.

As usual I helped some friends and did several rounds ( and it was fun - sometimes).

Still too many players arrive with stock cars (bad) AND are not able to drive them (even worse). No problem carrying one teammate who is a newbie / greenhorn and just wants the prize car.

BUT: two tuned A800 cars and four untuned RWD cars ??? What´s your problem ?? Won first race, but the team lost, because three of them on P10, P11, P12. So I left second race instead of wasting my precious time for nothing.

Another issue remains: connection loss, I have had that quite often in the last weeks.

Positive: I think there are less rammers (or I was quick enough ahead of them).

After using the BMW M1 for the first trial, I switched to the Lamborghini Jarama. Because of its low PI you have great freedom when it comes to upgrading. With plenty of power it has a good acceleration, but as it´s a download car it is not available for evreybody.

#863 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:04:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlitzHirsch7809 Go to Quoted Post
Well, I thought the trial and how to handle it should be clear after such a long time.. ...but this week´s trial shows me I´m wrong.

As usual I helped some friends and did several rounds ( and it was fun - sometimes).

Still too many players arrive with stock cars (bad) AND are not able to drive them (even worse). No problem carrying one teammate who is a newbie / greenhorn and just wants the prize car.

BUT: two tuned A800 cars and four untuned RWD cars ??? What´s your problem ?? Won first race, but the team lost, because three of them on P10, P11, P12. So I left second race instead of wasting my precious time for nothing.

Another issue remains: connection loss, I have had that quite often in the last weeks.

Positive: I think there are less rammers (or I was quick enough ahead of them).

After using the BMW M1 for the first trial, I switched to the Lamborghini Jarama. Because of its low PI you have great freedom when it comes to upgrading. With plenty of power it has a good acceleration, but as it´s a download car it is not available for evreybody.

My team never got near enough for me to see if there were any rammers.

And believe me as much as I wish it was that is not an indication of how I drove, I even clipped 2 traffic cars in the first race and 4 of the 5 still ended up as DNF.
 1 user liked this post.
#864 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 4:37:29 PM(UTC)
[quote=BlitzHirsch7809;1182259 I switched to the Lamborghini Jarama. Because of its low PI you have great freedom when it comes to upgrading. With plenty of power it has a good acceleration, but as it´s a download car it is not available for evreybody.[/quote]

I switrched over to the Jarama S as well after several Trials (all of which i won in the Lotus Esprint).

The beauty of the Jarama is that you can also throw rally tyres on it which helps out immensely when you leave the road for whatever reason. It also hadly slows down when hitting fences and stone walls.

Nice car all round for Trial and is a high percentage winner.
#865 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 5:00:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post

I switrched over to the Jarama S as well after several Trials (all of which i won in the Lotus Esprint).

The beauty of the Jarama is that you can also throw rally tyres on it which helps out immensely when you leave the road for whatever reason. It also hadly slows down when hitting fences and stone walls.

What routes are you taking where this is that helpful Rex 😂?

I used the Countach (RB033 tune as mentioned above) and then tried a Diablo SV (Nalak28 tune). Both nice fun options which should have plenty of power/grip to beat the drivatars.
 1 user liked this post.
#866 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 7:11:50 PM(UTC)

Oh, listen to this newbie here who is doing it the easy way and staying on the road. lol
 1 user liked this post.
#867 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 7:30:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post

I used the Countach (RB033 tune as mentioned above) and then tried a Diablo SV (Nalak28 tune). Both nice fun options which should have plenty of power/grip to beat the drivatars.

lol!!!! i mean for when i get smashed off the road and need to get back on quick.

Countach is good as well, i just have more fun with the Jarama :)

Lotus is still my pick of the bunch though for a good run.
 1 user liked this post.
#868 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 7:31:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post

Oh, listen to this newbie here who is doing it the easy way and staying on the road. lol

lol!!!!!
 1 user liked this post.
#869 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 8:14:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post

😂. It’s actually fair to say that there are a lot of Offroad shortcuts to take at Street. Anyone who has ever raced one of my rivals ghosts at Marathon is probably wondering if I ever stay on the road!
 2 users liked this post.
#870 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 10:12:12 PM(UTC)
That is one of the advantages to Street, is you can take shortcuts if it works out for you that way. And my own take on The Flying Dutchman is a little, ahem, creative. lol

But Street with teammates means there is no barrier to keep you on the road when they collide and take you with them. Sadly this last Trial even had me push a guy clear out of the turn when two cars plowed in to me.
#871 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 3:57:13 AM(UTC)
Somehow I managed to end up with an even worse team, I quit while leading the 2nd race just over halfway through.

I try to but I just can not imagine what some of these people must do to end up so far behind, and the worst thing in both my attempts this week has been those awful awful drivers have all stayed, not 1 has done the team a favour and quit.
 1 user liked this post.
#872 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 6:50:53 AM(UTC)
I don't know how I get so lucky with teammates. I did the latest trial once, and we won, like has happened for maybe the last 10 weeks. I used the Jarama. I helped my teammates out by driving slowly in front of the lead drivatar when the score wasn't in our favour, and the slowest player helped us out by quitting in the first race.
#873 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 7:15:14 AM(UTC)
I suspect people are too impatient. If you get weak teams, they will often hang around for the first race and so you go 0-1 down. They then quit towards the end of race 2 and the adventure turns into an easy win. I’ve had many an apparent team loss turn into a win in the last 10% of race 2. Of course, specifically for street races there is also the issue that drivatars often fail to finish so end up last, again turning apparent losses into wins. Often those complaining they can’t get winning teams are quitting themselves after race 1 or midway through race 2.

I would say 95% of street trials I’ve done over the last 18 months have been team wins but probably only 30% of them looked like that would be the outcome midway through race 1.
#874 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 8:39:53 AM(UTC)
I suspect people are too impatient. If you get weak teams, they will often hang around for the first race and so you go 0-1 down. They then quit towards the end of race 2 and the adventure turns into an easy win. I’ve had many an apparent team loss turn into a win in the last 10% of race 2. Of course, specifically for street races there is also the issue that drivatars often fail to finish so end up last, again turning apparent losses into wins. Often those complaining they can’t get winning teams are quitting themselves after race 1 or midway through race 2.

I would say 95% of street trials I’ve done over the last 18 months have been team wins but probably only 30% of them looked like that would be the outcome midway through race 1.

I can assure you the 2 teams I've ended up with had no hope of winning and no intention of quitting, I stayed for the first one because the bug gave us the 2nd race only to get hammered once again in the 3rd, 2nd try earlier today I was going over the bridge after the Glen Rannoch road ends and I had a quick look behind to see a blue blob coming around the first proper turn at the start of it, if someone isn't quitting there I doubt they were going to at all so I left.

Then just to add insult I did get an ok team afterwards, was on our way to winning, I finished in the last race only to get DC'ed waiting in the results screen.

I think my 5 attempts going awful team-DC-awful team-game stuck on matchmaking-DC'ed 15 seconds from completion is a pretty good indication this just isn't my week for the trial.

5 times I've ended up having my time wasted through no fault of my own.
#875 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 12:23:12 PM(UTC)
It's been a bit weird the last few weeks, usually come Sunday or Monday night the mad rush to get Playlist done has calmed down and you get more savvy drivers coming on to get these things done. Not so much now, i have ran this trial around 8 or 9 times just testing different cars and i am still seeing rentals and/or untuned cars turning up.

Anyhow another fun trial same as the Modern Muscle the other week, made me rediscover cars i had totally forgot about :)

Cheers
CoiL
35 Pages<<333435Prev

Notification

Icon
Error