1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 10:42:23 AM(UTC)
Just wanted to post this for people who may be experiencing the infinite loading screen issue on Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X consoles.

I'm not a developer or anything - just a fellow player who has managed to find a temporary solution until such time as the developers are able to identify and fix things properly.

For me, the issue began after applying a new design to one of my in-game vehicles. After applying the design, the game took an abnormally long time to save and my game ultimately crashed. When I tried to restart the game I became stuck at the initial loading screen (after you press A to start playing).

Now the issue I believe lies in the Panic Button version of Horizon 4 which was developed for the Series S/ X. The original version of Forza Horizon 4 for the Xbox One is a different version of the game and, as such, doesn't suffer from the same issue.

Thankfully, I'm still able to access an Xbox One console which runs the original version of Forza Horizon 4.

The solution that worked for me was to load the game up on the Xbox One and play as normal until the game saves. For good measure I changed my current vehicle and set a new player house as my home location.

I then closed down the game on the Xbox One and gave the console enough time to sync the new save game to the cloud.

Turning on my Xbox Series X, I then deleted my local save game.

TAKE CARE here - DO NOT delete your save game from "everywhere" as this will permanently delete all your progress. The option you want is to delete the local save game from your console ONLY.

I then started up Forza Horizon 4 and allowed the game to sync my save game from the cloud.

Once this was complete I was able to play Horizon 4 again as normal.

As mentioned above, this is only a temporary fix for players who are able to access and Xbox One console or even the PC version of Horizon 4. It doesn't do anything to fix the cause of the issue and, as such, the issue may return before the developers find a more permanent solution. But, at the very least, I hope it gets some of those affected back to being able to play the game.

Alasdair JCW
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 1:04:27 PM(UTC)
This helped me alot thanks
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 12:17:01 PM(UTC)
*delete

Edited by user Thursday, January 21, 2021 3:58:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 3:31:23 AM(UTC)
Thank you very much! But it doesn't work for me. Installed it on my Pc and it works. But it still don't work on my series X.
#5 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2021 4:45:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Qvattr0 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you very much! But it doesn't work for me. Installed it on my Pc and it works. But it still don't work on my series X.

Did you try deleting the local save game from your Xbox and re-syncing your profile after playing the PC version?

Notification

Icon
Error