21 Pages<<1516171819>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#401 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 11:55:12 AM(UTC)
Enjoyed running the Lotus GT-1 at Maple Valley. There were quite a few builds - at one stage I thought I found the golden key with an R899 build - but alas it wasn't to be.

Not going to run until 2021, so for now thanks to Moss & Kid for running these events. Cheers.

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to all.

#402 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 12:25:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: razzitGT Go to Quoted Post
Enjoyed running the Lotus GT-1 at Maple Valley. There were quite a few builds - at one stage I thought I found the golden key with an R899 build - but alas it wasn't to be.

Not going to run until 2021, so for now thanks to Moss & Kid for running these events. Cheers.

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to all.

Have a GREAT Holiday Season razzit! Take care & be safe!

PRKid
p.s. MV was certainly a lot of fun!

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#403 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 7:15:35 AM(UTC)
Great track, fun cars, a little closer to my speed.

1:19.2 in a new build on an ancient 77 T/A tune.

I'm guessing the 87 T/A would be a few tenths faster right before the bus stop but I haven't had a good one since FM6.

Crash
 1 user liked this post.
#404 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 7:48:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post

I'm guessing the 87 T/A would be a few tenths faster right before the bus stop but I haven't had a good one since FM6.

Crash

Welcome back crash 😄

We wondered if this combination might tempt you back 🤣
#405 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 9:46:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post

Crash

Great to have you back Crash!

I ran both T/A's and I really enjoyed the '77 which I believe (at least for me) is faster on the whole ride.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 4 users liked this post.
#406 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 4:15:15 PM(UTC)
Enjoying this week so far. Managed a 1:18:707 in Minsons Camaro '90, handles well enough but I'm not always sure what gear I should be in so there's probably a bit more time in it.

Anyway guys Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays whatever your up to.
 3 users liked this post.
#407 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 7:01:21 AM(UTC)
Official time..... HLR BURNINASPHALT..... The Glen..... Ford Mustang 78...... 1:21:285 😎

MERRY CHRISTMAS 👏AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO 🎉ALL OF MY FRIENDS IN HLR! 😀
 3 users liked this post.
#408 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 1:03:37 PM(UTC)
We hope you enjoyed yourselves this week. The cars in this division are some of my favourites, and most were capable of top 100 times. However, the King Cobra appeared to have the edge, and was used by all the podium drivers.

The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!

1st place: HLR PRKid
2nd place: minsons
3rd place: OltanisOrbit

Thanks to everyone for taking part in these events.

Have a great time over Christmas and New Year, and we'll be back on Wednesday, 6th January to continue season 4. We hope by then you'll all be refreshed and ready for some more challenges.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 23, 2020 1:30:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#409 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 1:06:42 PM(UTC)
Feliz Navidad y Un Prospero Ano Nuevo!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

Stay Safe! Hope 2021 is an AWESOME year for all of you!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#410 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2020 1:57:38 PM(UTC)
Have a good one HLR and hot-lappers...

2021 can only get better...get your vaccinations ;)
 2 users liked this post.
#411 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2020 8:58:39 AM(UTC)
Merry Christmas, all.

==

Edit to add:

My parents got me a shifter for Christmas, so I spent the better part of the morning building a bracket to fasten it to my rig. Got it all set up, calibrated, and got a few minutes to give it a whirl on the 'Ring. First observation is the game's a bit more immersive with a shifter. It's more engaging than the paddles, and it's allowed me to get rid of the last of the video game clutter (digital speedometer) I was using to keep track of which gear I was in. Second observation is it's a hell of a lot harder to double clutch downshift in the game than it is in real life. Not sure if it's the lack of motion feedback, the unresponsiveness of the throttle pedal, or what, but I managed to stuff pretty much every downshift for my entire session. Gonna take me a bit to get back up to par, I think.

Edited by user Friday, December 25, 2020 12:26:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#412 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2020 10:58:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post

My parents got me a shifter for Christmas, so I spent the better part of the morning building a bracket to fasten it to my rig. Got it all set up, calibrated, and got a few minutes to give it a whirl on the 'Ring. First observation is the game's a bit more immersive with a shifter. It's more engaging than the paddles, and it's allowed me to get rid of the last of the video game clutter (digital speedometer) I was using to keep track of which gear I was in. Second observation is it's a hell of a lot harder to double clutch downshift in the game than it is in real life. Not sure if it's the lack of motion feedback, the unresponsiveness of the throttle pedal, or what, but I managed to stuff pretty much every downshift for my entire session. Gonna take me a bit to get back up to par, I think.

Nice one from your parents! Enjoy!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#413 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2021 9:21:03 AM(UTC)
Think I'm getting the hang of this shifter thing. I'm still not super-consistent or smooth and the throw's just enough different from my Miata to cause muscle memory issues, but I'm at least past the point where I need to run through a step-by-step checklist for each downshift. Being able to downshift directly to the gear I want is kind of nice. Doesn't feel like it's slowing me down any, but I suppose we'll see once the HLCs start back up.
 1 user liked this post.
#414 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 2:59:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Think I'm getting the hang of this shifter thing. I'm still not super-consistent or smooth and the throw's just enough different from my Miata to cause muscle memory issues, but I'm at least past the point where I need to run through a step-by-step checklist for each downshift. Being able to downshift directly to the gear I want is kind of nice. Doesn't feel like it's slowing me down any, but I suppose we'll see once the HLCs start back up.

Very nice score.

Your mind and muscles will welcome the shifter in after some time. Miata shifters are one of the best. Your mind will just add the shifter to its config.

You do any back to back comparisons to see if improving? I have been using manual trans in game more and more often and I see it paying off on lap times and consistency. Still have some learning.

Looking forward to your feedback about the shifter during this season. Have fun!
Forza 🔰Newbie
 2 users liked this post.
#415 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 11:24:30 AM(UTC)
Happy New Year everyone! We'll be posting the details of a new HLC tomorrow evening at 9pm UK time. Hope you're all raring to go :D
 2 users liked this post.
#416 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 11:49:44 AM(UTC)
I was born raring.
Forza 🔰Newbie
 1 user liked this post.
#417 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 1:53:01 PM(UTC)
Happy New Year to all!

Looking forward to some good old fun!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 4 users liked this post.
#418 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 12:59:15 PM(UTC)
We are kicking things off again at Lime Rock with some early hatchbacks.

Week 16
Lime Rock West
C Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Hot Hatch Genesis division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 13th January at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Hot Hatch Genesis Cars

1993 Renault Clio Williams
1992 Volkswagen Golf Gti 16v Mk2
1991 Honda CR-X SiR
1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
1986 Dodge Shelby Omni GLHS
1986 Honda Civic Si
1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen
1984 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
1981 Ford Fiesta XR2
1981 Ford Fiesta XR2 FE
1981 Volkswagen Scirocco S
1980 Renault 5 Turbo
1977 AMC Pacer X

We have only run these cars previously in D class, How will they perform in C?
 2 users liked this post.
#419 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 2:08:14 PM(UTC)
I was just eyeballing that Clio wondering how it'd do with a RWD swap. The 5 is another good one if there's a non-turbo motor available. If neither of the Renaults will work, there's always The Fishbowl.

Edit to add: 5's out. Lowest-output NA motor swap puts it well into B-class. Clio's sitting at D333 (and 50% weight distribution) with a RWD swap and all the fiddlywidgets installed. Sounds like a green light on that one to me.

Edit 2: Current best: 1:04.4

Edited by user Wednesday, January 6, 2021 6:02:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#420 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 6:11:05 AM(UTC)
Just not feeling the Clio. It's not that it's dog slow (which it is), it's just completely, astoundingly uninspiring to drive. Has a bit of push to it that I haven't been able to dial out, and once the fronts do grip it loses the rear with reckless abandon. Except for that, it kind of just ho-hums around the track apathetically, like a mopey teenager who's being forced to do chores (and I own a mopey teenager, so I'm very familiar with that behavior).

Final time: 1:04.340

1 user liked this post.
#421 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 8:48:10 AM(UTC)
So was that after the RWD swap as well?

Just not feeling that particular car?
Forza 🔰Newbie
 1 user liked this post.
#422 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 2:35:14 PM(UTC)
Yeah, after the RWD swap. Tried a few variations on the build (Honda motor swap, better tires/less power, different weight distribution) and none of them really did anything to wake the car up. It kinda felt like a low D-class car performance-wise, and there was nothing interesting, challenging, or engaging about its handling to make up for it.
 3 users liked this post.
#423 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 3:32:52 PM(UTC)
Have to get back to the real world tomorrow so no more time for me...... ☹️

Official time...... Lime Rock West ..... HLR BURNINASPHALT.....Honda Civic 84...... 1:03:808 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#424 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 12:45:03 PM(UTC)
Honda Civic '84 - 1:03.666
many thanks to HLR Moss for sharing his build and tune
 3 users liked this post.
#425 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 1:03:57 PM(UTC)
There was some very close racing this week, with the Honda CR-X, and Honda Mugen leading the pack, closely followed by the dominant car from earlier games, the '92 VW Golf GTi. Less than 2 tenths separated our podium drivers, with PRKid beating xAlea by only 8 thousandths of a second.
The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!

1st place: HLR PRKid
2nd place: xAlea Jacta Est
3rd place: minsons

Thanks to everyone that took part.

This week we are off to Germany to run some early supercars at Hockenheim.

Week 17
Hockenheim National Day
S Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Rise of the Supercar division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 20th January at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Rise of the Supercar Cars

1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV
1995 Ferrari F50
1993 Jaguar XJ220
1993 Jaguar XJ220 FE
1993 McLaren F1
1992 Ferrari 512 TR
1992 Bugatti EB110 Suoer Sport
1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV
1987 Ferrari F40
1987 Porsche 959
1981 BMW M1

The Ferrari F50 was dominant last time out at Silverstone. Will the outcome be the same here?
21 Pages<<1516171819>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error