22 Pages<<1415161718>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#376 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 2:38:11 PM(UTC)
Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer.

Wish we had a soft top NC and a RF to choose from rather than than the retractable hardtop NC and soft top ND, but cheggars can't be boozers. Might give that Super 20 a shot and see how it goes.

==

Edit to add:

Got a clean 1:33.250, and that's likely it for me for the week. Swimming in a sea of concrete with no discernible reference points isn't that fun to begin with, and the lack of checkpoints just makes it that much worse. It's like the mall parking lot from hell. Got a few iterations of my DBR1 that need finalization, anyways, so sitting out will give me a chance to get some work done on them.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 2, 2020 5:30:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#377 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 2:46:53 PM(UTC)
Please Delete This Post

Edited by user Thursday, December 3, 2020 2:49:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza 🔰Newbie
 2 users liked this post.
#378 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 2:47:07 PM(UTC)
Hi, I am new, but I am going to follow the guidelines and give this a try.

Thanks for organizing this!

Don't worry, I do not spend too much time near the pointy end of the grid haha.

Edit: It told me it didn't post, so I repeated my post....will try to delete....

Edited by user Thursday, December 3, 2020 2:48:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza 🔰Newbie
#379 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 2:47:20 PM(UTC)
Please Delete This Post

Edited by user Thursday, December 3, 2020 2:50:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza 🔰Newbie
#380 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 2:47:36 PM(UTC)
Please Delete This Post

Edited by user Thursday, December 3, 2020 2:49:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza 🔰Newbie
 1 user liked this post.
#381 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 3:53:57 PM(UTC)
MF311: Welcome.

Just ignore the "serious forum error" message. You get it every time you post. If you reload the forum, your post will show up just fine.

Edited by user Thursday, December 3, 2020 3:57:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#382 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 9:19:52 AM(UTC)
Thank you much.

Since I didn't do a refresh, I then tried to do a full reply as opposed to quick reply. Then attempted to do it with Dev Tools open and looked at Network traffic to see what was up... luckily it's not just me.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers.
Forza 🔰Newbie
#383 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 10:02:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MF311 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I am new, but I am going to follow the guidelines and give this a try.

Thanks for organizing this!

Don't worry, I do not spend too much time near the pointy end of the grid haha.

Welcome to our HLR HLC's. First, this is all about enjoying your time while over time developing your building/tuning/driving (one or all 3) skills over time.

I will be adding you to our Driver database. HLR Moss and I track and post results. Expect several Friend requests.

BTW, can you please let me know if you (1) drive with Controller or Wheel, (2) which VIEW you use while driving, and, (3) Hardcore assists or not. Thank you!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#384 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 12:38:33 PM(UTC)
Thank you much! Spent much of first part of my professional career working trackside in pro series across the world, so know some things, but doesn't mean I can race, so thank you for encouraging improvement.

1.) Standard controller right now
2.) Cockpit usually (sometimes Driver because of steering wheel interference)
3.) FALSE. - ABS, Full auto Trans

Will update you if those items change. (hopefully 1 and 3 in the future!)
Forza 🔰Newbie
 1 user liked this post.
#385 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 12:59:08 PM(UTC)
Thank you much! Spent much of first part of my professional career working trackside in pro series across the world, so know some things, but doesn't mean I can race, so thank you for encouraging improvement.

1.) Standard controller right now
2.) Cockpit usually (sometimes Driver because of steering wheel interference)
3.) FALSE. - ABS, Full auto Trans

Will update you if those items change. (hopefully 1 and 3 in the future!)

Thank you!

PRKid

p.s. You are on our LBs. Enjoy!

Edited by user Friday, December 4, 2020 1:02:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#386 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 1:27:55 PM(UTC)
Not found much time to p!ay this week so jumped into the Fiat Spider tuned by xAlea, Best of 1:30.686
 3 users liked this post.
#387 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 12:03:41 PM(UTC)
Official time..... Indianapolis GP Classic...... Mazda MX 5 ‘16..... HLR BURNINASPHALT..... 1:31:923..... 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#388 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 1:03:58 PM(UTC)
We didn't manage to get any of these cars into the top 20, but best of the bunch were the Honda S2000, and the Fiat 124 Spyder. PRKid managed to edge ahead of xAlea to take the win, with minsons filling the final podium spot.

Welcome MF311, who made significant improvements during the week driving with an auto gearbox. Stick at it, but if you practice using a manual gearbox, your lap times could improve quite a bit.

The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!

1st place: HLR PRKid
2nd place: xAlea Jacta Est
3rd place: minsons

For week 14 we are off to Maple Valley to run some elite factory racers.

Week 14
Maple Valley Reverse (to be found after Sebring in the list LOL)
R Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Elite Factory Racers division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 16th December at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Elite Factory Racers

1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR
1998 TVR Cerbera Speed 12
1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion
1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR
1998 Nissan R390
1997 McLaren F1 GT
1997 Lotus Elise GT1
1996 Ferrari F50 GT
1989 Ferrari F40 Competizione

Many of these cars were used in our season 3 Finale at Nurburgring Full, so I guess there should be a few full grip setups available from that event.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 9, 2020 1:05:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#389 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 1:35:22 PM(UTC)
Thanks! There are still lots of seconds left on the course with better driving lines. All my cars have three pedals in real life...time to start adapting and practicing in FM.
Forza 🔰Newbie
 1 user liked this post.
#390 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 2:26:45 PM(UTC)
Curiously enough I just finished up a setup for the TVR. Wonder what I'll be driving for this...

Thanks! There are still lots of seconds left on the course with better driving lines. All my cars have three pedals in real life...time to start adapting and practicing in FM.

One thing that really helped me when I was on a controller was mapping clutch to the A button, upshift to X, and downshift to B. That way you can roll your thumb from the clutch to the appropriate shift button in one smooth motion.

==

Edit to add:

Took my R/A build out for a spin and it handled as expected; confident, precise, not at all TVR-like. Then I hit the jump. Which jump? THE jump. Yeah. That one. Spent the rest of the night trying to figure out how to deal with that, as the rest of the track is basically a very pretty on ramp. The lack of adjustable aero severely limits my ability to adjust the car's flight path once it enters LEO, so I'm left trying to keep it together after reentry. Currently increased the springs by 1.5x, doubled the bump damping, and raised the front ride height to max. Not sure if it's enough; will have to check the telemetry tomorrow.

Setup uploaded as One Gear Willie. Extra bonus points for anyone who catches the reference.

Current best: 1:27.xxx

If anyone's building a Cerbera, I'd strongly recommend trying a one gear setup. The V12's got enough grunt that it'll pull the entire track in one gear if you set it to top out just as you hit The Jump.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 9, 2020 6:02:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#391 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 5:43:38 PM(UTC)

Your lines are crucial on this momentum track. If you want to stick with auto, you might find ditching a brake upgrade for the clutch could help, and cut onto the grass with 2 wheels where practical to widen the track :D
 2 users liked this post.
#392 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 1:34:19 PM(UTC)
Evening all,

Managed a last minute spin last night in the Sport Compacts, but didn't get much running in before the closing time.

Started off this week in the TVR, same tune I ran on the ring - 1:26.845 get's me ahead of Mr P for now next up on my FL is Coop but he's 2 seconds up the road - no way I'm making that up.

Still I'm well inside the top 100 for now, will see how the week progresses. R Class is well out outside my comfort zone, so will be battling in the midfield as usual!

Cheers

D
 1 user liked this post.
#393 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 5:37:03 PM(UTC)
I have been struggling for 2 days trying to break into 1:30s..... broke through today 11th hour....

The worst part of the track is that fast and wild left ‘U’heading down from the covered bridge.... my unofficial name for the corner is the “Screw You Curve”..... more good laps went there to die than I care to mention.....

My top ride.... the Lotus Elise GT1.... 😎
 2 users liked this post.
#394 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 5:44:09 PM(UTC)
Tried a few iterations of a two-gear gearbox and eventually went back to One-Gear Willie. None of them were an improvement, and most were objectively worse for everything but the 270* right-hand carousel just before The Straight With The Jump. Also tried a few variations on the spring rate and ride height, but ended up going back to effectively where I started. I did revise the springs slightly to follow the frequency model I usually use, but that's more so I can remember what I did than for any actual performance benefits. Setup uploaded as One-Gear Willie (with a hyphen this time).

Current best: 1:25.9ish

My ceiling's somewhere in the high 1:24 range on this one. Don't think I'll be able to choke down much more Maple Valley than that. Still need to make a license plate that says INFERNO on it before I run again. Probably should paint it a different color, too. Metallic green-blue doesn't really scream "PIRATE SHIP!" to me.

Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
...1:26.845 get's me ahead of Mr P for now...

Tag! You're it! *runs*

Edited by user Friday, December 11, 2020 5:51:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#395 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2020 5:19:35 PM(UTC)
Just an addendum (because I forgot to mention it earlier and didn't want it to get lost in the mix): Not hardcore this week. Was botching way too many laps on The Jump to just keep running the track over and over hoping for two clean runs in a row.

==

Edit to add:

Current best: 1:25.803

Car's orange now. Well, it's kind of a gold flake over fuchsia that balances out towards "orange" if you squint real hard. It's a TVR. What'd you expect?

Edited by user Saturday, December 12, 2020 6:16:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#396 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 4:30:43 AM(UTC)
There is a snow storm coming where I live and I thought I’d post in case the power fails...... 🌨❄️💨

Unfortunately the forums are down.... so perhaps I can call my last time as official and Moss and Kid will accept that..... I apologize in advance.....

Official time..... Maple Valley R...... Lotus Elise GT1.... 1:28:xxx 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#397 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 6:10:09 AM(UTC)
Thanks everyone for the tips and tricks.

I am in the 1:32s now... If I could string my best segments together, I should be able to get sub 1:31 easily. Just usually end up with placing 4 tires off in a corner at one point hahah.

Gotta work on consistency and higher HP cars. Most of my fun was just taking slow cars and doing the build process and crappy tuning process and having fun. The quicker cars just take more practice.

It is fun tho! Chipping away from the back...
Forza 🔰Newbie
 1 user liked this post.
#398 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 9:40:57 AM(UTC)
Thanks everyone for the tips and tricks.

I am in the 1:32s now... If I could string my best segments together, I should be able to get sub 1:31 easily. Just usually end up with placing 4 tires off in a corner at one point hahah.

Gotta work on consistency and higher HP cars. Most of my fun was just taking slow cars and doing the build process and crappy tuning process and having fun. The quicker cars just take more practice.

It is fun tho! Chipping away from the back...

Keep at it, it's a matter of time..... I am sure you'll be improving your consistency and overall laps times as you progress. Best of Luck!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#399 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 1:02:35 PM(UTC)
The McLaren FI GT, and the Lotus Elise GT1 were the cars to beat this week, although the unfavoured Porsche 911 GT1 is a close competitor. With 2 drivers hitting the top 10, and 5 drivers the top 20 it has been a very successful week.

The podium contains the usual suspects, but this week xAlea got back to winning ways pushing his McLaren to position 5 on the LB with only 4 of the dominant Radicals above him.
The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!

1st place: xAlea Jacta Est
2nd place: HLR PRKid
3rd place: minsons

For week 15 we are off to Watkins Glen to run some muscle cars.

Week 15
Watkins Glen Short
B Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Rebirth of Muscle division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 23rd December at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Rebirth of Muscle cars

1995 Ford SVT Cobra R
1993 Ford SVT Cobra R
1993 Ford SVT Cobra R FE
1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Super Sport
1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Super Sport FE
1987 Buick Regal GNX
1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA
1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA FE
1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1978 Ford Mustang II King Cobra
1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

We have run these cars previously in A, and C classes, but never in B.

We hope you enjoy this one, and then have a great Christmas and New Year. Thanks to everyone that has participated this season. This will be the last event before the holiday. We'll be back on the first Wednesday in the New Year to continue season 4 since we still have no news about Forza Motorsport (8).
 1 user liked this post.
#400 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 1:21:56 PM(UTC)
I did a search the other day and found out Forza 8 may be coming in February..... now on to the Glen.....
22 Pages<<1415161718>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error