#1 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 4:32:27 AM(UTC)
It is high time to implement TrackIR in upcoming FORZA titles (even MS FS2020 is officially supporting it now).
If MS wants its titles to be recognized as "simulations", this featory is not recommended, it is required...mandatory.
Easy to implement, so what is the deal.
Just sayin'...
Fanatec CSW base V2 - PORSCHE 918 RSR wheel - CS pedals V2 - CS shifter v1.5 | TrackIR 5
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 2:19:30 AM(UTC)
I have no experience with TrackIR .... so can't comment on what it would mean for Forza games. But to briefly respond to one of your comments, Forza games are not intended to be and have never claimed to be true racing 'simulations'.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 12:38:37 AM(UTC)
Looks to be some sort of pointless peripheral for head tracking? Hardly mandatory for anything.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#4 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 10:40:04 AM(UTC)
Not pointless at all. Do you drive staring straight ahead? Probably not. Being able to look into the apex of a corner and read the road and traffic ahead gives much more immersion and improves any vehicle game where you sit in some kind of cockpit. If your used to driving, flying and space games utilizing it on the PC it's really hard to go back to having no situational awareness.

Even if the devs just added mouse look with a couple of axis you can map to a controller people could use any head tracking device for simple head movement via third party software like Opentrack. That would be the simplest option if the devs don't want to do much work.
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 2:31:14 AM(UTC)
Turning your head to look generally means you're no longer looking at the screen, making tracking your head movement to move the camera pointless. If you have a multi-screen setup, when you turn your head to look you should be looking where you need to without turning the camera, making tracking your head movement to move the camera pointless. If VR is supported, it typically already handles this sort of thing, making this redundant.

As for mouse look being mapped to the controller - you can already use the right stick to look in that fashion by default.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 2:13:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Turning your head to look generally means you're no longer looking at the screen, making tracking your head movement to move the camera pointless. If you have a multi-screen setup, when you turn your head to look you should be looking where you need to without turning the camera, making tracking your head movement to move the camera pointless. If VR is supported, it typically already handles this sort of thing, making this redundant.

As for mouse look being mapped to the controller - you can already use the right stick to look in that fashion by default.

You obviously haven't used head tracking, Track IR and free opensource software like Opentrack allow you to set exponential spline graphs for head movement and deadzone. Most people set those up so 15 - 20 degrees of real head movement produces 90+ in the game. That way you can always look at the monitor without straining your neck or eyes to see the screen.
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 3:24:39 AM(UTC)
I say screw head tracking and go full steam ahead by implementing VR into Forza. Without a doubt the best way to play racing games. Things like Forzavista would also be amazing in VR.
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2020 3:53:30 AM(UTC)
You people don't know what you are talking about. Track IR and Freetrack are systems that very popular with flight sims. They stand as a very cheap and accessible alternative to VR for those who can't afford or don't want VR. And you can calibrate things so pointing your nose at the edge of the monitor equates to in-game looking directly behind you. Google it before you folks run your mouth about things you know nothing about.

Forza would be much improved to support both technologies.
#9 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 6:06:10 PM(UTC)
+1 for TrackIR from me too, would be a very welcome solution in the absence of full VR.

Also lol at the "sounds like a gimmick" comments from people who have no idea what they're talking about
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 2:58:10 PM(UTC)
and a -1 for me. Not needed. This series was never intended to be a full blown sim.

Forza needs to keep their focus on how the majority of their players want the game to be, not what a smaller group of players want. They risk loosing a major portion of their fan base if they stray too far from what they already have in the game

Edited by user Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:00:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 7:01:31 AM(UTC)
Adding trackir support doesn't make any game a "sim" it merely adds an option to have a peripheral take control of the right stick on the Xbox controller in forzas case. This along with a bunch of other options Motorsport still doesn't have are a big part of the reason they have lost a decent portion of their player base already. Theres no reason to not add things like this.
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 9:47:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
and a -1 for me. Not needed. This series was never intended to be a full blown sim.

Forza needs to keep their focus on how the majority of their players want the game to be, not what a smaller group of players want. They risk loosing a major portion of their fan base if they stray too far from what they already have in the game
You make it sound like people will be forced to use TrackIR if implemented. If you knew anything at all about TrackIR you would know the game for non users would remain the same and nothing would change. I fail to see where the risk as you put it would come from. Remember you only speak for yourself you don't speak for the so called "major portion of the fan base" (whatever that means🙄)

#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 2:28:15 AM(UTC)
Totally in agree with the TrackIR support, I use it in many, many games (even the old GT Legends from 2005 supports it) and it's really a game changer.

I'm a trackday enthusiast and I've done few real track driving trainings/courses and the first thing you learn is to look behind the apex and that's just not possible in Forza Motorsport.

I can't see the point that anyone would be against to include this in the game as it has to be just an option for a more "pure" experience, and pretty easy to implement.
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 6:14:58 AM(UTC)
FM4 on the XB360 with the Kinect used head tracking and it was not a success. Sure there were a few people that liked it but overall when it was removed in FM5 no one complained.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 9:29:56 PM(UTC)
Reading this thread is painful, even as someone without IR tracking I know how immersive and crucial it is to racing games.

Being able to look into your apex as you're cornering as well as check physical mirrors with little to no effort. It isn't about being a "sim" but the game immersing you. Now pair it with a steering wheel and you can look around with no additional controls.

Notification

Icon
Error