73 Pages<<717273Prev
#1801 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 10:33:31 AM(UTC)
Well, it wasn’t the winter/wet one I know that! I would take a guess it was the one marked “dry version ...” but I don’t save them so can’t be certain.
#1802 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 10:42:25 AM(UTC)
Fair enough, well I have just gone a tiny bit faster in the F50 GT with Muka Romero's tune as you suggested, to 1:36.899.

And 1:36.4. It's pretty friendly to drive compared to the FXX.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 2, 2020 11:06:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1803 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 10:53:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: M0rt4LC0iL Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Well done on the 1:36.5. I can consistently get the early corners right, take them all flat out without lifting and be a few car lengths ahead of my ghost, but then lose it all in the twisty corners. Hmm.

I tried a few F50 GT tunes and they either handled well but were way too slow, or were fast-ish but didn't handle as well as Nalak's FXX.

Finding the same i can get the sweeping bends pretty good but then the twisty sections i am either too early or to late on the brakes, that can be ironed out with practice. Still will never get near you guys times tho :)

Do you guys find that with the better tunes that the racing/braking line is just not right? I mean with some you can brake way later that what the line is telling you like its out of sync?

Remember i am a newbie compared to you lot be gentle :)

I think others have mentioned that the braking line should be a guide only. One thing I’d mention that might improve your times fairly easily would be turning off TCS on AWD cars. Most AWD cars, even in S2, require very limited throttle control and the TCS probably isn’t assisting you too much. Conversely, it may be slowing you down a bit. I don’t know how much impact it has but might be worth a try to see if you do find the cars no harder to drive and/or if you find that you are going quicker.

The other changes which reliably add speed (auto to manual etc) are much harder but TCS off should be fairly straightforward.

Thanks Jezza, totally forgot i had turned it on last week for Fortune Island, was strugglng to get traction with most of the cars i tried there. Will give it a blast :) I struggle with manual and wont be trying to learn at S2 :D
#1804 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 11:15:17 AM(UTC)
And a PS. Thanks to all of you, The info you guys post here and in the Online Discussion is spot on! Cheers
#1805 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 11:58:45 AM(UTC)
Is there difference btw the F50 gt and the welcome package. I only have the latter one
#1806 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 12:14:28 PM(UTC)
One of the tuners will know better, but my rudimentary understanding is that the WP is meta in the wet but not as good as the standard F50 GT in the dry.
#1807 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 4:30:02 PM(UTC)
Fair enough, well I have just gone a tiny bit faster in the F50 GT with Muka Romero's tune as you suggested, to 1:36.899.

That's a pretty good run. I'm finding it's giving me a faster average time than the FXX, but not a faster fastest time as of yet. I'm doing lots of runs 1:36.1-36.3, so my average is around 0.4 quicker than the FXX, but I've yet to beat my fastest time at all, never mind by 0.4 seconds.
#1808 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 12:04:27 AM(UTC)
At first I was using nalak's tune. It was able to do under 1:36, but after 10 or so runs with no luck I decided to try someone else tune.. Was looking for something with more power and maybe heavier - since F50 was sticking to the road like mad. Didn't found any that was appealing to me by stats. Ended up using codcaos - it has longer gears than nalak's tune and somehow it works better here. At that brick island in the middle of the road I was much closer to my FXX ghost - like 12 to 6 car lenghts.

F50 WP is not working for me. I don't know how people are making it work in ranked. Or maybe it is just good in rain?
Anyone tried Elise GT1?
I tested TVR Cerbera and Hooningan RS200 - both have great acceleration, but was lacking grip in corners. But maybe someone want to make grippy tune on them?
#1809 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 12:22:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

That's a pretty good run. I'm finding it's giving me a faster average time than the FXX, but not a faster fastest time as of yet. I'm doing lots of runs 1:36.1-36.3, so my average is around 0.4 quicker than the FXX, but I've yet to beat my fastest time at all, never mind by 0.4 seconds.

Here's that run. I'm not sure if it's better to stay in 5th at the end, as you lose a bit of speed changing to 6th. IIRC from a previous attempt, it gets up to 203 or so in 5th at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLRDQjUaftY

Edited by user Thursday, December 3, 2020 12:23:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

73 Pages<<717273Prev

Notification

Icon
Error