15 Pages<<131415Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#351 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 5:23:21 PM(UTC)
I have failed to make progress at Road America for 3 days... currently 2:28:xxx.

Back to the Semi discussion.... just for fun I drove one around Bathurst today. Surprisingly it was a blast! Big and hulking with nimbleness to boot. Admittedly it did better on Daytona Tri Oval than at Bathurst but the potential was there. Just my two cents..... 😗 💰
 1 user liked this post.
#352 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 2:18:11 AM(UTC)
A long time after ... Nissan R380 II - 02:23,231
 1 user liked this post.
#353 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 3:10:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RP Miguel Go to Quoted Post
A long time after ... Nissan R380 II - 02:23,231

New time: Ferrari 250 TR - 02:22,350
 1 user liked this post.
#354 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 7:06:33 AM(UTC)
ANOTHER WEEK OF UPS AND DOWNS ON THE INSANE ROLLERCOASTER THAT IS ROAD AMERICA!

Official time..... Road America Alt...... HLR BURNINASPHALT...... Alfa Romeo 33S.... 2:28:183 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#355 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 1:02:53 PM(UTC)
Road America with the added chicane still showed itself to be a power track. Driving the over-powered beasts required is a skill, however, that few have us have mastered. xAlea showed us the way by putting at least 3 of the cars into a top 10 position using missile builds, whilst PRKid almost caught him driving a high powered version of the supreme handling Alfa 33.

The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!

1st place: xAlea Jacta Est
2nd place: HLR PRKid
3rd place: minsons

For week 12 we are off to Daytona Beach to run the P2 cars that hansonalanrob suggested. Keep the suggestions coming.

Week 11
Daytona Infield Short Night,
P Class Rivals
Cars restricted to the Forza P2 division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 2nd December at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Forza P2 Cars

2015 Chevrolet #10 Konica Minolta Corvette Daytona Prototype
2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley MK XXVI Daytona Prototype
2014 Mazda #70 SpeedSource Lola B12/80
2010 Mazda #16 Mazda Racing B09/86
2010 Chevrolet #89 Intersport Racing Oreca FLM09
2010 Chevrolet #99 Green Earth Team Gunnar Oreca FLM09
2010 Chevrolet #55 Level 5 Motorsports Oreca FLM09
2008 Porsche RS Spyder Evo

This is the first time that we have run these cars. All of them can be maxed out without hitting the P class PI limit

Edited by user Wednesday, November 25, 2020 1:06:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#356 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 1:30:35 PM(UTC)
Guess I just missed the cut-off by a few minutes, ran a 2:23.104 in my own tune. Forgot to lower the downforce on my earlier attempt. AKA Snake Oiler.
 2 users liked this post.
#357 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 3:12:48 PM(UTC)
Off to a good start in the #10 Chevy DP...... 1:28:007. Spending turkey day testing #02 Ford DP......

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!
 1 user liked this post.
#358 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 6:10:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!

Ditto! ....🦃

DJ Saoco
#359 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 7:14:59 AM(UTC)
Any of those come without snails?

I'm off work until next Tuesday, but I have some yard work that needs to get done between now and then. Might be able to get some time in early in the mornings, assuming I can get out of bed before my youngest bogarts the TV. Hoping to have everything buttoned up by Friday, so if I'm lucky I'll have time to relax.

Oh, and the thing I'm most thankful this season? Anti-Seize. Just redid all four brakes on my winter beater. Rotors and calipers looked like lumps of iron ore, but the bolts all came out without a fuss. Best stuff ever.

==

Edit to add: No turbos on the Porsche. That's my ride this week.

Edited by user Thursday, November 26, 2020 8:05:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#360 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 9:11:07 AM(UTC)
I want to give a special shout-out to hansonalanrob for the suggestion BECAUSE THESE CARS ARE CRAZY FUN!
 1 user liked this post.
#361 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 1:36:35 PM(UTC)
Using the #10 Chevy DP, currently @ 1:22.621
 3 users liked this post.
#362 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 4:18:22 PM(UTC)
Back when I was in Scouts we had a skit we liked to do for camp bonfires and talent shows and whatnot. It was called The Brave Pirate Captain, and went something like this:

First mate: Captain! There's a ship on the horizon!
Captain: How many men, and how many guns?
First mate: 20 men, 20 guns!
Captain: We have 50 men and 50 guns. Run up the Jolly Roger, and bring me my red jacket!
First mate: Why the red jacket?
Captain: So my men won't see me bleed!

*next day*

First mate: 40 men, 40 guns!
Captain: Bring me my red jacket!

*next day*

First mate: 100 men, 100 guns!
Captain: Bring me my brown pants!

This HLC is sorta like that last one.

Current least-worst: 1:26.9xx
 2 users liked this post.
#363 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 10:16:47 AM(UTC)
For probably the first time ever (and presumably a very short time) I'm ahead of both PRKid and Moss this week. Currently sitting on a 1:20:776 using xAleas tune, I've had to resort to using TCS which I'm not a fan of really but without it I'm power siding everywhere. So kudos xAlea clearly this is a great tune, normally I end up finishing midfield. I'm quite enjoying this week between the short laps and the big wide track Daytona has to offer.

Edited by user Friday, November 27, 2020 10:26:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#364 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 2:31:20 PM(UTC)
Tidy and neat.... short and sweet.... 1:23:321..... WOOOOOOOOOOO! 😎
#365 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 2:33:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LiamRussellBoyd Go to Quoted Post
For probably the first time ever (and presumably a very short time) I'm ahead of both PRKid and Moss this week. Currently sitting on a 1:20:776 using xAleas tune, I've had to resort to using TCS which I'm not a fan of really but without it I'm power siding everywhere. So kudos xAlea clearly this is a great tune, normally I end up finishing midfield. I'm quite enjoying this week between the short laps and the big wide track Daytona has to offer.

GREAT job! ......👍

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#366 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 3:59:19 PM(UTC)
Looks like this week is shaping up to be a spec racing series. Decided to try the #10 Make Sponsor Sponsor Sponsor Model Sponsor Sponsor and could immediately see why it's the fan favorite. It's quick, handles well, and blows the doors off the Porsche on the oval. As a bonus, it also meets my "square tires" and "naturally aspirated" requirements, so it's even better.

Tried out both Fifty's and xAlea's setups before I did my own, so here's my brief thoughts on those:

Fifty's: Gets kinda twitchy over curbs and is a bit hard to handle under throttle. I ended up going backwards or doing donuts several times before I got a feel for how the car behaved. If I had to guess, it's set up quite a bit stiffer than xAlea's or mine. Differential also felt a lot more aggressive. Top speed was a bit lower, so I'm guessing it has higher aero settings than the others.

xAlea's: All around a bit easier to drive. The brakes seem particularly well-sorted, though I never really got a solid enough feel for them to really capitalize on them.

The only issue I had with xAlea's setup is it seemed like I was shifting more than necessary, so I set up my own and had a go at improving the gearing. The suspension setup's nowhere near as refined (and it shows), but after a bit I think I have the gearing pretty much nailed down. All of the infield bits are 1-2, and 3-4 handle the back oval portion. Haven't checked the telemetry to verify I'm staying in the power band, but I'm pretty happy with where the shift points fall.

Current best: 1:25.210 (I think)

Edited by user Friday, November 27, 2020 4:00:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#367 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 8:58:41 PM(UTC)
My Chevy DP #10 tune is shared. All 988 tunes will be similarly quick I expect.

It will come down to personal preference. Particularly when braking.

Feedback welcome.

I am going to try some of the other cars for a while. Have fun. Great car / track combo.
 2 users liked this post.
#368 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 5:45:21 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the Feedback :)

try Barny's tune, the feeling is the same as mine, so i don't have many things to say :) the gearing is a little bit different but not significant, top tune

I share 2 tunes:

-"988 v2" tune, update version of 1st tune(unshared),
- a 4gears tune, also in 1.19.9

Enjoy ;)

Edited by user Saturday, November 28, 2020 5:46:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#369 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 7:22:58 AM(UTC)
You all are never gonna believe the bonehead move I made last nite.... had a 1:22 going and once over the line I hit the ‘rewind’ button by accident so it was dirtied..... I almost lost it. 😳🤯🤬 Fortunately I am in a better place today so perhaps I can convert.... 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
15 Pages<<131415Prev

Notification

Icon
Error