38 Pages<<363738Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#926 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2021 3:06:44 PM(UTC)
Thanks for bringing this trial back PG 👍. One of the most enjoyable. I’ve done it 6 times so far with 3 wins and 3 losses, which seems perfectly reasonable to me.

There are lots of great cars to use here (I’ve so far used the Hoonigan RS200, Capri FE, Lego Mini and Peugeot 207) and the first two courses are tough but winnable. Race 3 is very hard but hopefully you will already be 2-0 up by that point.

For those who are struggling, as always your best option is to set up a convoy through here. There are some great drivers who will probably help.
#927 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2021 3:41:17 PM(UTC)
To anyone stuck in the trials. Disable rewind, increase dravatar to unbeatable, take a S1900 Opal or Hoonigan RS200 to the Titan and do it until you can consistently finish it midpack without any accidents.
This event all about not spinning after jumps, not hitting haystacks and knowing when to slow down. The Titan is great practice.
Again, the aim isn't to win, is to finish midpack. There are enough great players around that can win the trials if the remaining players don't get in the way and can overtake two or three drivatars (anyone that can finish ahead of 3 drivatars is pulling its on weight).

Edited by user Saturday, May 15, 2021 10:26:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#928 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2021 6:34:40 PM(UTC)
Rally Monsters on Cross Country is easily one of the least enjoyable pairings in this game and I don't understand why they insist on putting them together over and over. Might as well have us doing dirt races with Track Toys. Maybe drag racing in SUVs?
#929 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 12:06:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Rally Monsters on Cross Country is easily one of the least enjoyable pairings in this game and I don't understand why they insist on putting them together over and over. Might as well have us doing dirt races with Track Toys. Maybe drag racing in SUVs?

Rally Monsters and Cross Country isn't a bad pairing as such (I quite enjoy the combination)....it is the AI that is worsening by the Update (presumably a side effect of the worsening network) which makes the whole experience miserable.
 2 users liked this post.
#930 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 5:15:12 AM(UTC)
The AI hasn’t been too bad in my experience. Yes, they can behave a bit oddly near the start at times but generally that’s slowed them down. It’s generally teammates who are more dangerous as there generally seems to be a lack of regard for others.

I’ve done the trial 10 times now - 5 wins, 5 losses. Personally I’ve won the first race 100% of the time, the second race 90% of the time (teammate issue at the start) and the third only 40% of the time (there’s a lot of things that can go wrong). I’d agree with the comments on here if all three races were like Ambleside but they aren’t. A competent driver should be able to do well on both the first two events, with a bit of practice. If you can win those races then the evidence from my attempts is you should have a strong enough team to get over the line 50% of the time.
 1 user liked this post.
#931 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 8:41:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

Don't give them any ideas, they already did Street, dirt and CC in Trucks for God's sake. I don't think they'll do drag races again though, they blew that one so bad even their cheerleaders couldn't defend it.

And I agree about rally monsters being the least enjoyable in CC, it's almost as bad as extreme offroad in dirt and street/road races. I race online a lot in team adventure and in most cases my teammates are in the wrong vehicle for the race. Most of the players in A class cross country will be in rally/lambos while the top 3 players will be in cross country vehicles. And then you always have that one in the Iron Knight doing their best to smash down trees before they finally rage quit.
 1 user liked this post.
#932 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2021 12:15:04 PM(UTC)
I agree with Jezza. The Ambelside sprint is hard. I can't win that race in solo no matter what car I use. The first two races are much much easier. In the first race the AI slow down significantly after the barn find while in the second I can pass every AI before the Windmil jump in my Subaru. We won 3 times in 5 Trials today by winning the first two races. But yeah, a bad team can make you repeat the Trial several times.
#933 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2021 4:22:07 AM(UTC)
Right team and right cars and this Trial becomes pretty easy, especially if you run it with people you race with a lot. Ran it last night and we won all 3 races easily ....we even won the final race despite messing around (someone hit me more than once which annoyed me so I caught up and ran them into a house). Seemed a lot easier yesterday than it was on Thursday..may be my imagination though
 1 user liked this post.
#934 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 3:10:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
Right team and right cars and this Trial becomes pretty easy, especially if you run it with people you race with a lot. Ran it last night and we won all 3 races easily ....we even won the final race despite messing around (someone hit me more than once which annoyed me so I caught up and ran them into a house). Seemed a lot easier yesterday than it was on Thursday..may be my imagination though

The third race is fine provided someone can get close enough to the lead drivatars to stop them ghosting through all the obstacles on the long “straight” past the church. If they are far enough ahead to do that, you are very unlikely to be able to catch them.

The problem is that there is a significant “pinch point” near the start where you can often get slowed down by other cars, so if you are driving on your own with less competent teammates either they or the drivatars can stop you getting close enough.

Of the 6 races I didn’t win, I got stopped at that point on 4 of them and couldn’t catch the lead drivatar. The other two i lost involved a perfectly timed nudge by a drivatar when I was on two wheels (which flipped me onto my roof 😂) and a particularly bad spin in the water.

#935 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 7:02:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for bringing this trial back PG 👍. One of the most enjoyable. I’ve done it 6 times so far with 3 wins and 3 losses, which seems perfectly reasonable to me.

There are lots of great cars to use here (I’ve so far used the Hoonigan RS200, Capri FE, Lego Mini and Peugeot 207) and the first two courses are tough but winnable. Race 3 is very hard but hopefully you will already be 2-0 up by that point.

For those who are struggling, as always your best option is to set up a convoy through here. There are some great drivers who will probably help.

Tried the trial a few times now and it has always been the same story. I can finish in first or second on all tracks but behind me is always a sea of red, teammates are struggling with the event, and i understand why, it's a Mare.

Jezza? What tune are you using on the Peugeot? It does seem the most stable of the cars i have tried.

#936 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 7:10:37 AM(UTC)
So many god skilled players as always in this thread lol. Im happy that you guys belong to the minority of players that can achieve three wins of six, but the majority of players, won achieve that not even closer. This trial is disgusting, like most cross countries. Until the devs tweak the AI in some way son they cant drive like gods, without being affected by bumps, obstacles, extreme corners, water and whatnot, this will be always a pain. The devs think we are gods, that we dont make any single mistake, thats why they keep bringing week after week impossible trials to test our resolution lol.

Its getting ridiculous at this point. Just tried three times, to realize that its better to avoid these fun-breakers until something somehow is fixed. Im amazed that people keep buying this game, when its so broken everywhere that is absurd.
#937 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 9:44:12 AM(UTC)
Had great run with FE Capri, a 1 and a 2nd. Only first race a win. Second was mess. Punted. Tried again 5-6x maybe more. Usual slamming teammates and azzhats that message constantly. All tuned cars and 1(x) levels or better.
Did the regular versions to see if I was bad. Nope.
Waste of time herding boneheads. Drives were ok jumps and water unpredictable. Made fun cars frustrating.
 1 user liked this post.
#938 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 10:12:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M0rt4LC0iL Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post

Tried the trial a few times now and it has always been the same story. I can finish in first or second on all tracks but behind me is always a sea of red, teammates are struggling with the event, and i understand why, it's a Mare.

Jezza? What tune are you using on the Peugeot? It does seem the most stable of the cars i have tried.

Don’t know - I haven’t saved it and it’s identical to a lot of other ones. Maybe Garbage Driving?
 1 user liked this post.
#939 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2021 12:49:53 AM(UTC)
For anyone struggling the GRC Beetle accelerates like a rocket, grips like a hot hatch and has really nice suspension for the jumps. Super stable.
#940 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2021 8:19:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PassionWagon69 Go to Quoted Post
For anyone struggling the GRC Beetle accelerates like a rocket, grips like a hot hatch and has really nice suspension for the jumps. Super stable.

Its not about the car lol. You guys dont get it. You can use a rocket instead of a car if you want, the same problems will still remain. Cheating AI like madmans. I dont have problems with the car, i usually end up first in any trial, even cross country. Yesterday i tried it again, i finished 1th in the first race, 2nd in the second race and 4th in the last one.

Now, we were only 4 guys in the team lol.

SOO EASY.

And still, we only won because im that good and my partner was also pretty good as well.
But the AI.... i saw how a couple of AI cars were jumping all over the place and they always seem to land perfectly, and accelerate like rockets after that. THATS MORONIC.

Or i had to push the brakes in many tigh corners just a little bit, you see how the AI pass you at hyperspeed without even slowing down, and its like.. come on, i want that rocket car for myself.

THESE are the problems that need to be adressed.

1 user liked this post.
#941 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2021 9:16:42 AM(UTC)
I'm not saying I liked this trial, lol, just that the Beetle is actually controllable and it accelerated fast enough so as I could stay in touch with and pass the ai. It cancels out their boost, you just have to not hit anything and pray you get a clean start. Not saying I'm a fan, just hey, maybe try it if you haven't and are struggling 🤷‍♂️ Glad you got through it too 👍
#942 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2021 9:38:59 AM(UTC)
It would be better if the Trial was a Free for all where the Top (N-1) active players would be successful based on points.

e.g. 6 players, only 5 spots to be successful for the weekly trial.

The number of times I have lost this Trial solely based on someone new showing up with an untuned car or a lack of experience really makes this week Trial painful.
38 Pages<<363738Prev

Notification

Icon
Error