21 Pages<<1213141516>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#326 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:52:44 PM(UTC)
Got a phenomenal (for me) time of 1:44:5xx today ....... 😎
#327 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2020 1:17:14 AM(UTC)
Jumped in for a quick session this morning and found another 6 tenths, no idea were I found that much - 1:41.924
#328 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2020 6:53:06 AM(UTC)
New gearing definitely works well. Bump the limiter once going into the esses, twice going into and coming out of the angles, and if I get a really good run out of the big right-hand sweeper I hit it just before the first left. Other than those spots, it's pretty much smooth sailing and minimal shifting. Tested a few ideas for the suspension, as well. Damper adjustment, three different toe theories, some ARB adjustments... Nothing made enough of a difference. Eventually caved and dropped the rear ride frequency down to match the front. Don't think it'd work on a track with any sort of surface irregularities, but CotA's smooth enough it's not a huge issue.

Current best: 1:41.731

That'll probably do it for me. I might be able to eke out another 0.250 or so, but I think 1:40s are out of reach.

Also, work's going to be hectic for the next two weeks, so I'll probably be scarce.
#329 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2020 1:45:03 PM(UTC)
Nothing clean today in my endeavors..... will pick up tomorrow....
 1 user liked this post.
#330 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 1:49:13 PM(UTC)
Out of time for this week with no final improvement.
Final time is 1:41.924
 1 user liked this post.
#331 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 3:39:45 PM(UTC)
WHAT A WEEK OF UPS AND DOWNS!

Official time..... COTA West (Nite)..... HLR BURNINASPHALT..... Porsche 550..... 1:43:797 😎
#332 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 9:35:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
WHAT A WEEK OF UPS AND DOWNS!

Official time..... COTA West (Nite)..... HLR BURNINASPHALT..... Porsche 550..... 1:43:797 😎

Yet, you stuck with it for another PB, GREAT Job!

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#333 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 1:03:32 PM(UTC)
COTA at night turned out to be much less scary than our last outing with these cars at Spa. I was pleasantly surprised that at least 4 of the cars were very competitive at A class. In addition to the Ferrari Dino, Porsche 550, and '60 Corvette run by our podium drivers, the '53 Maserati A8GCS was also very good.

The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!

1st place: xAlea Jacta Est
2nd place: HLR PRKid
3rd place: HLR Bassman

For week 11 we are off to Wisconsin to run some vintage GT racers.

Week 11
Road America Full Alt,
A700
Cars restricted to the Vintage GT Racers division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 25th November at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Vintage GT Racers

1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
1967 Nissan R380 II
1966 Porsche Carrera 6
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
1964 Porsche Carrera GTS
1963 Ferrari 250 LM
1962 Ferrari 250 GTO
1961 Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage
1960 Porsche 718 RS 60
1958 Aston Martin DBR1
1957 Maserati 300S
1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
1956 Jaguar D-Type
1956 Lotus Eleven
1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR
1953 Ferrari 500 Mondial

These cars have sufficient grip to mix it with the missiles at the top of the leaderboard. A number of them already sit in the top 20.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 18, 2020 1:08:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#334 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 1:16:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
These cars have sufficient grip to mix it with the missiles at the top of the leaderboard. A number of them already sit in the top 20.

fyi....

LB 4 = 1967 Nissan R380 II
LB 14 = 1958 Aston Martin DBR1
LB 15 & 19 = 1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
LB 20 = 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C

==

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#335 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 6:33:59 PM(UTC)
Three words and a number.... ALFA ROMEO 33 STRADALE. 😳
#336 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 8:15:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
Three words and a number.... ALFA ROMEO 33 STRADALE. 😳

Nice choice!

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#337 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 11:36:51 AM(UTC)
Hi lads, hows it going? Sorry I havent taken part for a while. Managed to get a quick 20 laps in. I've got 2:22.0 so far in the 33 Stradale. I should have around .5 left in that if I get chance. Keep dirtying the chicane! 😩

Also gamertag change: Count Russcular - PTG Russcula.
 1 user liked this post.
#338 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 12:29:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

Cars restricted to the Vintage GT Racers division.

1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
1967 Nissan R380 II
1966 Porsche Carrera 6
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
1964 Porsche Carrera GTS
1963 Ferrari 250 LM
1962 Ferrari 250 GTO
1961 Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage
1960 Porsche 718 RS 60
1958 Aston Martin DBR1
1957 Maserati 300S
1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
1956 Jaguar D-Type
1956 Lotus Eleven
1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR
1953 Ferrari 500 Mondial

So many expensive cars to play with this week, glad there are not many walls to bounce off 😀
#339 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 2:02:46 PM(UTC)
Went with the Alfa Romeo 33s (same as everyone else) - 2:27.105
#340 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 6:09:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post

So many expensive cars to play with this week, glad there are not many walls to bounce off 😀

Do I hear a request for a BATHURST HLC....😂....!!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#341 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 6:14:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Russcula Go to Quoted Post
Hi lads, hows it going? Sorry I havent taken part for a while. Managed to get a quick 20 laps in. I've got 2:22.0 so far in the 33 Stradale. I should have around .5 left in that if I get chance. Keep dirtying the chicane! 😩

Also gamertag change: Count Russcular - PTG Russcula.

Welcome back! GT changed on our dB, thx! Nice run to kick it off. Best of Luck!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#342 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 2:55:25 PM(UTC)
Had my family (this time my children) pick my car this week. Youngest liked the DBR1, the eldest eventually settled on the Cobra. Personally I wanted to run the 250 GTO, so I tested that first. Might be an OK ride on a more interesting track, but on 90* Turn, The Musical! it's a bit staid. The other two were a lot more interesting. My Cobra setup's still a work in progress, so while I enjoy the car the build and setup would need more attention than I'm going to be able to give it this week.

So, Aston Martin it is. Tried 3 variants on a fairly well-sorted A700 setup I had lying around from a previous HLC: Stockish power on Race tires (reasonably fun, but obviously too much tire and not enough power for the track), stupid-fast flatplane V8 on stock tires (handles the power surprisingly well, but you have to start braking in the next county to keep it off the lawn), and a everything-including-the-kitchen-sink stock motor build on Sport rubber (which strikes a nice balance between the two others). Still waffling between just driving the third iteration and working on my driving (what I should do) and going full gonzo with the V8 and just trying to get a clean lap (what I want to do).

Was hitting high 2:27s during testing with both iterations, but my current best is 2:29-something.
 1 user liked this post.
#343 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 4:42:49 PM(UTC)
I have fallen into a bit of a slump..... but just need more seat time and I’ll hit my stride. Currently 2:30:xxx.
 1 user liked this post.
#344 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 12:43:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

Do I hear a request for a BATHURST HLC....😂....!!
PRKid

If we can find a way to use the Forza P2 category or something big and clunky, but might be too long for big and clunky
 2 users liked this post.
#345 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 6:39:38 AM(UTC)
WHOA, NELLY! gets the green light. The "just right" build is the better-driving car, but since Road Apple is essentially three drag strips connected by a series of 4-way stop intersections, the gonzo V8 build is more effective. It's also a hell of a lot of fun. Did some damper tinkering to stabilize the car a bit under braking (tried moving the brake bias forward, but that didn't work), upped the differential lock a goodly amount to get it to burn its tires off in a more-or-less straight line, and adjusted the gearing to work better with the stratospheric redline.

Current best: 2:26.0xx

I suspect the DBR1 would be a contender in the proper hands. My build's only a semi-missile and I'm probably good for low 2:25s or high 2:24s. That puts a better driver in the 2:22-2:21 range without any changes, and adding aero, skinnier tires on donk wheels, and pulling the unnecessary Race transmission would go a long way towards making the car faster.

So many expensive cars to play with this week, glad there are not many walls to bounce off...

Do I hear a request for a BATHURST HLC...

If we can find a way to use the Forza P2 category or something big and clunky, but might be too long for big and clunky...

Like semi trucks? Don't think we've run those...

BATHURST IN A SEMI OR BUST!
 1 user liked this post.
#346 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 2:43:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
...I'm probably good for low 2:25s or high 2:24s.

I may need to refine my estimates a bit. Just got what I'd consider a solid "no major mistakes" lap at 2:25.071, and can easily see at least another half-second in corners I could have done better at. So maybe "good for mid-2:24s and maybe even into high 2:23s" is a bit more accurate.

That 2:25 puts me at roughly 3.9% off pace, which is screaming for one of my builds. I figure I'm the source of at least 2% of that delta, if not 3%, so as built the car's damn fast.

Current best: 2:25.071

Also:

I tried to mimic the default paint color as best I can, but you can't get anywhere near the color depth with the customizable metal flake paint option that they have on the pregenerated colors. Ends up looking a bit monochrome and tealish rather than a really slick metallic British Racing Green. Wish there was a "no markings" option to remove stuff like racing stripes, decals, number circles, etc., but leave the base color intact.

And the license plate says "GONZOV8" if it's not clear.
 1 user liked this post.
#347 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 6:20:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
WHOA, NELLY! gets the green light. The "just right" build is the better-driving car, but since Road Apple is essentially three drag strips connected by a series of 4-way stop intersections, the gonzo V8 build is more effective. It's also a hell of a lot of fun. Did some damper tinkering to stabilize the car a bit under braking (tried moving the brake bias forward, but that didn't work), upped the differential lock a goodly amount to get it to burn its tires off in a more-or-less straight line, and adjusted the gearing to work better with the stratospheric redline.

Current best: 2:26.0xx

I suspect the DBR1 would be a contender in the proper hands. My build's only a semi-missile and I'm probably good for low 2:25s or high 2:24s. That puts a better driver in the 2:22-2:21 range without any changes, and adding aero, skinnier tires on donk wheels, and pulling the unnecessary Race transmission would go a long way towards making the car faster.

So many expensive cars to play with this week, glad there are not many walls to bounce off...

Do I hear a request for a BATHURST HLC...

If we can find a way to use the Forza P2 category or something big and clunky, but might be too long for big and clunky...

Like semi trucks? Don't think we've run those...

BATHURST IN A SEMI OR BUST!

THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!!!!!
#348 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 7:43:45 PM(UTC)
They ran the Semi's in another HLC I do and only about a 1/3 of the people did it. So my vote for the Semi is NO!
#349 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 10:36:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Coopracing Go to Quoted Post
They ran the Semi's in another HLC I do and only about a 1/3 of the people did it. So my vote for the Semi is NO!

If you are referring to "Modern SUV" division, we had 42 drivers on HLC 19 (Season 1). There are still a couple of other divisions that we have yet to run, so, stay tuned!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#350 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 12:41:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Coopracing Go to Quoted Post

If you are referring to "Modern SUV" division, we had 42 drivers on HLC 19 (Season 1). There are still a couple of other divisions that we have yet to run, so, stay tuned!

PRKid

I was referring to Burnin saying Semi trucks. LOL
21 Pages<<1213141516>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error