2 Pages12Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:28:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post
Actually, this game was made for people like you that aren't as skilled at racing games. You can finish last and they'll still give you a gold (participation) trophy. It doesn't get much more "noob" friendly than that. Only way they could make it any easier is if the game drove for you.

The emotes were built for the 12 year olds and the fortnite hype

And you are unable to loose because of 'participation trophy' mentality of these snowflakes.
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:28:59 PM(UTC)
Here are some suggestions...

Stories and Businesses...
They can be done, BUT... most of them are harder during the Autumn and Winter Seasons, with Summer being the best time to do them... IMO. and just a hint... sometimes you can cut corners or take what the instructions are as guidelines but not rules.

Seasonal Events/Races
1. Use a car/tune a car til its 500,600,700,800,900, that will give you the best car for that class... don't go over or you will be in the next class range... so if you had a car with a 702 ratting you would be racing against other cars 701-800 and you would be at a disadvantage, if everyone else's car is 800.
2. DO NOT use auto-braking or auto steering... For me they make controlling the car horrible.
3. Find an All Wheel Drive (AWD) car, and use them til you get comfortable.

Money/CR.
For me that was never an issue, probably because I purchased VIP Pass, which means I got lots of free stuff and double CR every time I race.

Danger Signs/Drift Zones/Speed Zones/Bonus Boars
They all can be done, I have all the stars on the danger signs... Some are way easier if you use the right type of car, off road cars or cars with very good acceleration. Also, some you won't be able to get to til you go through some of the story/danger signs. An example I can recall is the bonus board on top of the church, is near impossible to get til you do enough danger signs to spawn a new danger sign that allows you to get it way easier.
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:29:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: capimeeen Go to Quoted Post

You need to purchase the castle that costs 10 million CR to get the barnfind rumor. Then there are three barnfinds locked to a specific season, the rest comes.. Whenever they come.

10 mil for a barn find? For a worthless car no one uses. Nope.

1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:37:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EventfulAlloy33 Go to Quoted Post

You need to purchase the castle that costs 10 million CR to get the barnfind rumor. Then there are three barnfinds locked to a specific season, the rest comes.. Whenever they come.

Well, you also get 10 super wheelspins.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:59:39 PM(UTC)
Another way to make extra money is to watch the Mixer Forza streams (linked to your xbox account) to get influence points. Many streams are there to farm influence, and if you don't mind leaving your computer running for a very long time, you can get up to 144,000 points per day. This counts towards your level progression which means more wheelspins and mixer level rewards, which means greater chances of getting money and cars (and yes, emotes, horns, and clothing...oh well).

Also, I don't get why so many people complain about hardly getting cash or cars in wheelspins. I have been keeping track of mine and it averages out to cars at least 30% of the time, cash another 30%, and the rest for the other items. I have 347 cars in the garage, about 50 of those have been bought with credits, the rest were won on wheelspins. I also have over 8 mil in cash, again, a large portion of which was won in wheelspins.

Like others have suggested, just pick a car that you like, upgrade to C class to start (deffo add AWD conversion) and just do races until you feel comfortable. If that works, then upgrade to B and do it again.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
#31 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 1:00:00 AM(UTC)

I know. Insane right. Another (not) so bright idea from the team. But if i ever make it to having 10mil in the bank I'll do it anyway. Not going to bother with buying Edinburgh castle or any other properties as it's (1) it's going to take way, way, too long to get the funds (2) They are just not worth it.

After that I'll be done with the game.

One thing I do like is that drivertars ghost out on approach to avoid collision during free roam. Really do like that.
 3 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 1:30:07 AM(UTC)

I'll probably get some use out of the old thing. And the 10 Super Wheelspins might turn out something worthwhile. And it should get me the castle achievement. Better than wasting 10 million on any number of super/hypercars.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 7:25:25 AM(UTC)

That are filled with knock off fortnite emotes and Walmart clearance isle level clothing? Nope.
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 12:34:36 PM(UTC)

That are filled with knock off fortnite emotes and Walmart clearance isle level clothing? Nope.

..and Forza Edition cars, wheelspin exclusive cars, regular cars, and money prizes from 2k-600k (if not higher)..
#35 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 1:36:35 PM(UTC)
No offence intended to OP or anyone who struggles with them, but drift club is fairly easy.

I am a TERRIBLE drifter and struggle to get 2 stars on a lot of drift zones, let alone 3, but those Drift Club chapter cars as so perfectly tuned for the purpose I have gotten the 3 star target on every first attempt and then casually driven any distance left to make the time. The key is to turn the Traction Control and Stability Management off, even if you usually use them. You'll never hit the targets with them on
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:45:52 AM(UTC)
Maybe I need to show you all just how bad I am by streaming or uploading gameplay video?

Never done that before so not sure how but won't take me long to figure that part out. I know "Mixer" serves that purpose but I don't have it setup.
Or recording and uploading to "YouTube".

I'm busy the next few days so not sure when I'll get the time to sit and study the options and pick one let alone playtime to make the video.

It's Winter time in-game so might also wait until Spring at least maybe even summer, 2 weeks away in real time.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:47:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:56:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DingusBatus Go to Quoted Post
Maybe I need to show you all just how bad I am by streaming or uploading gameplay video?

Never done that before so not sure how but won't take me long to figure that part out. I know "Mixer" serves that purpose but I don't have it setup.
Or recording and uploading to "YouTube".

I'm busy the next few days so not sure when I'll get the time to sit and study the options and pick one let alone playtime to make the video.

It's Winter time in-game so might also wait until Spring at least maybe even summer, 2 weeks away in real time.

Streaming is a good way to learn tips as someone will always offer advice of how to improve.

An alternative solution is to make a "looking for group" post on the game hub asking for demonstrations/help and see if anyone will help you.

I'm not a great drifter either but I've completed the Drift Club story and have 3 stars on all PR stunts without using a drift car, perservere and you'll get there :)
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:52:36 AM(UTC)

Hey! That car is a classic and great fun to drive. Worth every credit in my opinion. I've had a blast the last few days tinkering with it. I can see myself doing many races and free-roaming in that car. It's beautiful.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:56:42 AM(UTC)
Am I the only one that thinks this game is easy like every other FH? Still gapping "unbeatable" AI by seconds in every discipline. Obviously without assists.

Don't blame your lack of skill on the game, lol.

However, I do have a solution for you; don't play.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:00:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

// Alpha Motorsports <--- Tuning Store | M N M Garage | Instagram: @romoto1 |
 2 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:11:40 AM(UTC)
I also share some of the complaints mentioned about the game. I personally don't have an issue with the difficulty. When that difficulty is scaled up though, the rewards still don't feel like they are enough to feel like you putting a dent in the grind associated with playing. The lack of financial progression in the game caused a lot of players to exploit Goliath to try and get ahead. How people choose to play and whether or not they decide to essentially exploit the game to get what they want, is up to them. I do think players would be less likely to want to exploit these things though if the game had a more fair reward system. I have purchased and sold about 10 Porsche 911 3.3's just to get the 300,000 credit perk, which is double the price of the car in the Auto Show. Even doing this, which I feel like I shouldn't have to. I am about ready to give up on running races that seem to be duplicates placed in different challenges to try and earn enough credits to buy the cars and castles. Cars, like the Interceptor, being only obtainable in wheel spins purely sucks! I would rather see a clothing accessory shop to buy cloths and things for credits than see them and any other item on these annoying lottery systems.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:27:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Firebird3776 Go to Quoted Post
I also share some of the complaints mentioned about the game. I personally don't have an issue with the difficulty. When that difficulty is scaled up though, the rewards still don't feel like they are enough to feel like you putting a dent in the grind associated with playing. The lack of financial progression in the game caused a lot of players to exploit Goliath to try and get ahead. How people choose to play and whether or not they decide to essentially exploit the game to get what they want, is up to them. I do think players would be less likely to want to exploit these things though if the game had a more fair reward system. I have purchased and sold about 10 Porsche 911 3.3's just to get the 300,000 credit perk, which is double the price of the car in the Auto Show. Even doing this, which I feel like I shouldn't have to. I am about ready to give up on running races that seem to be duplicates placed in different challenges to try and earn enough credits to buy the cars and castles. Cars, like the Interceptor, being only obtainable in wheel spins purely sucks! I would rather see a clothing accessory shop to buy cloths and things for credits than see them and any other item on these annoying lottery systems.

Ah, gotta love the need for instant gratification. I like that it takes a long time to get rewarded. IMO the game is rather balanced, stop expecting to get everything handed to you immediately and maybe appreciate that it takes effort to accomplish financial goals in the game?

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:07:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ItsRoMoto Go to Quoted Post

Ah, gotta love the need for instant gratification. I like that it takes a long time to get rewarded. IMO the game is rather balanced, stop expecting to get everything handed to you immediately and maybe appreciate that it takes effort to accomplish financial goals in the game?

It isn't about instant gratification, but the feeling of actual progression versus a slow and boring grind. I don't want everything right out of the gate. The most expensive castle, I could care less about because there are player housings close to it. The one on the beach though with a barn find tied to it. It is a little more important to acquire because it is a common area to earn skill points, which are also a major grind. I don't want every car in the game and I couldn't care less about most of the cars in the game. I want to drive what I want to drive because I like those cars. The Auction House has helped me get some of the cars I do want but others are locked behind wheel spins, which I think was a poor choice.
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:16:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ItsRoMoto Go to Quoted Post

It isn't about instant gratification, but the feeling of actual progression versus a slow and boring grind. I don't want everything right out of the gate. The most expensive castle, I could care less about because there are player housings close to it. The one on the beach though with a barn find tied to it. It is a little more important to acquire because it is a common area to earn skill points, which are also a major grind. I don't want every car in the game and I couldn't care less about most of the cars in the game. I want to drive what I want to drive because I like those cars. The Auction House has helped me get some of the cars I do want but others are locked behind wheel spins, which I think was a poor choice.

I can respect that answer.

#44 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:23:01 AM(UTC)
I feel like all of the OP's problems can be solved by playing the game. Youre upset because you don't have access to the end-game within a week of release? Games have challenges, that's kind of the point.
#45 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 10:36:40 PM(UTC)
Can anyone recommend another game better than FH4? To Me this is the worst FH I have purchased all 4 Forza Horizons but this one is the worst by far. I hate that we have to play freedom roam races if we play a dirt or cross country online adventure. If FH 5 has freedom roam included in those type of races this is the last Forza I purchase
#46 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 1:27:16 AM(UTC)
Answer to your question is in your post. Since you bought all Horizons and say 4 is the worst, I can with 100% certainty say that any of previous horizons is better (at least for you). ;)
On other part, what is wrong with free-roam? Okay, maybe it is not similar to dirt but I don't see much difference to cross-country (except cross-country having more checkpoints).
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error