2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 6:30:38 AM(UTC)
Heya.

A bit of a preface: I've been an avid Forza fan since 7 came out, I always try to race cleanly and am fairly good at the game.

Lately (in a span of two months) I've been banned twice, and I have absolutely no idea what I have done to get banned.

I've reached out to support at forzafb@microsoft.com, but I've never gotten a response.

I'd like to know what the heck is going on? I keep getting banned and I have no idea why. I haven't been ramming, cheating, or anything else.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 10, 2020 10:59:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 3:38:37 AM(UTC)
Heard back from the safety team.

Apparently I got banned once for corner cutting and the second time for shoving.

Here's the thing, though; I know that I haven't purposefully done that. I consistently rank among the top players in multiplayer, know how to follow a racing line and I go out of my way to avoid others or abusing track limits. I asked for video, to see what I've done, but they wouldn't provide it for privacy reasons.

Honestly, I'm scared to go back to playing this game when the ban ends. I've always tried to race as cleanly as possible, respecting other drivers, and I have done really well at the game. Most of the feedback I got from other drivers is very good.

It's ridiculous that you can get banned anytime, for any reason, without any explanation, even when never purposefully breaking racing etiquette.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 10, 2020 3:39:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 4:09:03 AM(UTC)
Same here and some other of my clean friends have been banned...
1 month banned for something you even don't know. No videos, no screenshots, no context...
There is something (or someone) insane inside that game...

Edited by user Tuesday, November 10, 2020 4:12:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 4:09:26 AM(UTC)
oups double post...

Edited by user Tuesday, November 10, 2020 4:10:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 10:58:07 AM(UTC)
There has to be a better way to enforce rules than blind banning.

1. Bans shouldn't be instantaneous 1 month bans based on one event.
2. There needs to be a warning system, and the person banned must know what they were banned for.
3. The game itself needs a system to penalize for contact and track cutting. Bans are not a solution for something that is not enforced (or even mentioned) in game.

The current way of enforcing rules has tremendous potential for abuse, since a player can create situations that can be interpreted as the fault of another, and cause a ban to a player that hasn't done wrong.

1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 7:29:13 PM(UTC)
Ridiculous. FM7 is full of rammers. Case in point, the first corner of any race with more than 8 players.

Notification

Icon
Error