#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2020 6:28:48 AM(UTC)
Hi all, hopefully I'm posting this in the right place.

I've been doing private races with my mate who uses the Xbox control and I use the g920 most of the time. My main problem is having to be extremely careful on the first few corners when using the steering wheel, I seem to easily slide and lose control if I go too fast. I have to go so slow sometimes that my mate easily passes me on the first corner and then I can't catch up most of the time. Has anyone else found this with the wheel?

I played last night and used my control and didn't have barely any trouble with the first few corners even though the tyres were cold

Once my tyres get hot then I'm fine but he's normally too far ahead by then

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2020 8:17:07 PM(UTC)
What steering assist are you using - Normal or Simulation, maybe that is having an effect on your driving.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 2:49:48 AM(UTC)
Hi, I'm using simulation with all assists turned off except for the braking line
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 2:31:25 PM(UTC)
The controller has some built-in assist/dampening effect - I'd suggest trying both Normal and Simulation Mode with both the controller and a wheel. My experience is that Simulation Mode gives more accuracy/initial responsiveness on initial turn-in but is pretty tough to recover from if oversteer occurs, so I have to be really careful not to ever let the rear of the car get away from me..
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 6:11:52 AM(UTC)
Hi thanks for the reply, thats quite interesting so I'll give that a go and see how it feels
#6 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 7:51:02 PM(UTC)
https://i.imgur.com/v2EA0Fx.jpg

Try these settings, credit to Blue028 ( I think that was his alias). They've been working great on my old DFGT and new G29.

Notification

Icon
Error