21 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#276 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 12:48:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jig72x Go to Quoted Post
Thanks PRKid. I use chase camera, controller and not hard core.

Thx! Chase Far or Near?

PRKid

Chase close for sure.

And thanks Barnycull for the tune. I managed to get in a decent time. It been a long while since I raced at all.

4 users liked this post.
#277 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 1:04:07 PM(UTC)
As expected, the Early Prototypes dominated, with several of them capable of top 10 times. Our drivers were very successful, xAlea finishing the week with a new WR time, and minsons, and razzitGt both running 41s to finish at #6 and #8. All our top runners used the excellent #18 Aston Martin setup created by BARNYCULL. Thanks BARNY!

The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!
1st place: xAlea Jacta Est
2nd place: minsons
3rd place: razzitGT

For week 8 we are off to a wet Brands Hatch to run the open wheel cars cars proposed by Mr Pinstripes.

Week 8
Brands Hatch GP Rain,
S800
Cars restricted to either Formulas E, Ford Spec, or Mazda Spec
Event will close on Wednesday, 4th November at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Formula Cars
2017 Formula E #47 Panasonic Jaguar Racing I-Type 1
2017 Formula E #11 ABT Schaefler Audi Sport FE02
2017 Formula E #28 MS Amlin Andretti ATEC-02
2017 Formula E #33 Techeetah Z.E. 16
2015 Formula E #2 Virgin Racing VIR 01E
2015 Formula E #99 NEXTEV TCR FE01
2015 Formula E #6 Dragon Racing Spark SRT_01E
2015 Formula E #21 Mahindra M2Electro
2015 Formula E #23 Venturi 1
2015 Mazda Formula Mazda
2013 Ford Formula Ford EcoBoost 200
 2 users liked this post.
#278 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 1:08:42 PM(UTC)
RAIN....🌧⛈.....🏎......

Yikes!

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#279 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 1:53:18 PM(UTC)
Very nice tune from BARNYCULL - thanks mate.

Good beans xAlea.

1 user liked this post.
#280 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 1:53:28 PM(UTC)
A track I am familiar with... cars I’m not.... BRING IT!
 1 user liked this post.
#281 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 2:45:03 PM(UTC)
I drove one of the Formula E cars once (as in one lap) around Bathurst a while back. Haven't touched one since. Thinking maybe I'll roll in a Formula Mazda for starters and see how it goes.
 1 user liked this post.
#282 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 3:21:42 PM(UTC)
This is another interesting week. Love Brands, not so much the puddles ;)

Played with all three types. The Formula Ford was really twitchy and I couldn't get a handle on it. Tried the Formula E with two builds. One with max HP ( or Kw ) and one with max grip. Was far easier to drive, just couldn't get it to go fast.

Then a wonderful rotary engine. Two more builds, v2 seems more stable. Both shared.

Formula Mazda 1:33.936. Pretty sure there is more time to shave off.
#283 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 5:05:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
I drove one of the Formula E cars once (as in one lap) around Bathurst a while back. Haven't touched one since. Thinking maybe I'll roll in a Formula Mazda for starters and see how it goes.

We delivered on your request! Best of Luck Mr P!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#284 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 6:47:46 PM(UTC)
I slipped, slid, and rooster-tailed in the Ford to somewhere in the 1:44’s. That car combined with a wet track was harder to drive than the ancient torps we wrestled around Long Beach. Think I’ll try an E car tomorrow...... 😗
#285 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 8:13:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
Think I’ll try an E car tomorrow...... 😗

Certainly the easier cars to drive from this Formula bunch!

Good Luck!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#286 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 8:39:23 PM(UTC)
Thanks for all the kind words re the AMR tune and thanks to those who ran in it and fed back.

Have been away with work last few days so had no more time to tweak. Looking forward to this week also.
 1 user liked this post.
#287 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 6:07:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
Think I’ll try an E car tomorrow...... 😗

Certainly the easier cars to drive from this Formula bunch!

Good Luck!

PRKid

You are right Kid.... 1:39:673..... #47 Formula E 👍😎

1 user liked this post.
#288 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 6:37:54 AM(UTC)
The problem with upgrading a well-sorted car is you start adding go-fast bits and all that well-sorted goes away. Chasing it back down becomes a monumental task, one you're never quite satisfied with.

Enter the Formula Mazda. In stock form, it's very close to perfect. It could use a bit more front tire and the stock gearing leaves a little optimization still on the table, but both of those are minor relative to its ability to just whip around the track like it's on rails. Once you add the necessary power to get it up to S800, though, that balance starts to slip a bit. Power-on oversteer becomes a very real monster lurking just under the throttle pedal, and the transition from low- to high-speed handling and back again gets a bit trickier. It's still pretty solid, but not quite as sublime as it was.

Still, I think I have it sorted well enough that my driving will be the limiting factor.

Current best: 1:34.9ish

I'd also like to state how happy I am that Brands' final checkpoint is in such a reasonable location. Given how many of the tracks have the final checkpoint 17 turns and a mile and a half from the finish line, it's kind of nice to only have to worry about not dirtying one big sweeper before the next lap for a change.
#289 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 11:07:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post

Current best: 1:34.9ish

....👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#290 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 1:56:15 PM(UTC)
1:34.804 in the Formula Mazda

Has anything been suggested for next week?
How about B class at Maple Valley for anything from the 1950s, preferably the normal way around

Edited by user Saturday, October 31, 2020 2:05:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#291 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 9:17:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Has anything been suggested for next week? How about B class at Maple Valley for anything from the 1950s, preferably the normal way around

I like the 50's idea! Unfortunately, the MV tracks have been run by a lot of our drivers, many using the 340R and 2 HLCs that we had, so, not sure if many would beat their times. Would have to manually screenshot runs potentially. Anyway, we could look at other tracks and/or combo's/class.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#292 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 5:25:37 PM(UTC)
Using the Formula Mazda with HLR Bassman’s tune I netted 1:30:xxx on a dry track in Free Play..... slipping and sliding around a wet track is harder but doable for this driver...... 😉
#293 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 8:06:22 AM(UTC)
And it is in the books....

Official time..... Brands Hatch GP (w +o) ........ #47 Formula E..... 1:38:286
#294 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 11:54:52 AM(UTC)
Hi Guys,

A challenging week at work, complicated by the new restrictions coming in tomorrow in the UK, have meant I haven't dedicated as much time to this challenge as I have previously. I found the car/ track combination a bit frustrating and just haven't had the patience for it I'd usually find.

Will try and do better this week, hope everyone is staying safe in these uncertain times.

D
 3 users liked this post.
#295 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 1:05:24 PM(UTC)
Looks like rain affected the turnout this week, but at least standing water was not a big factor. The Formula E cars had a little more grip, but the extra acceleration of the Mazda made the race very close. Little to choose between them.

xAlea Jacta Est made the wet driving look easy, when in practice it wasn't :D

The final leaderboard:

Congratulations to our podium drivers!

1st place: xAlea Jacta Est
2nd place: HLR PRKid
3rd place: HLR Moss (not sure how that happened!)

For week 9 we are off to Sonoma to run some 50's and earlier cars cars proposed by hansonalanrob.

Week 9
Sonoma GP Day,
B600
Cars restricted to the Hot Rod Revival division.
Event will close on Wednesday, 11th November at 9pm UK time (GMT).

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Hot Rod Revival Cars
1958 Plymouth Fury
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air FE
1956 Ford F-100
1956 Ford F-100 FE
1955 Chevrolet Utility Sedan
1953 Chevrolet Corvette
1951 Holden 50-2106 FX Ute
1948 Mercury Coupe
1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon
1946 Ford Super Deluxe Woody Wagon FE
1940 Ford De Luxe Coupe
1932 Ford De Luxe Five-Window Coupe

We have never run these cars in this class. Anyone's guess how the builds will affect the outcome.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 4, 2020 1:06:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#296 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 1:51:21 PM(UTC)
I kind of peaked early and then couldn't keep it off the funny slippy green stuff for the rest of the week.
Must try better this week
#297 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 2:59:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
I kind of peaked early and then couldn't keep it off the funny slippy green stuff for the rest of the week.
Must try better this week

Damn 🤬 that green stuff! Off to Sonoma.... 😉
 1 user liked this post.
#298 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 3:53:46 PM(UTC)
Might give the Mercury a shot and see how that goes. Got quite a few miles on the '40 Ford. Also: Where's a Thunderbird when you need one? Not many American cars I'd actually want to own, but a '55 T-bird's one of them.

==

Edit to add:

Got a Mercury built. Not super-happy with it; mandatory LS swap (can't get a high enough power/weight with the stock mill), staggered tires, still kinda chonky. All the stuff I try to avoid. Not much I can do unless I want to ditch the whitewalls, and that's a sin I'm just not willing to commit. I did debate between keeping it visually stock or going full lead sled. Opted for modern wheels, but otherwise the bodywork is untouched. Just couldn't bring myself to delete those bumpers or the trim strip down the side.

Current least-worst: 1:49.9xx

Might be able to hit 1:45s with it, but it'll be a stretch. Might cave and upgrade the tires, rejigger the other bits, and see if I can't improve it from there. It's really not a pleasant drive in its current form.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 4, 2020 6:23:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#299 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 6:55:59 AM(UTC)
Tested several builds last nite..... the Mercury, Ford Coupe, and F100..... now I’m gonna test the 53 Vette (IMHO THE best looking of the bunch) 😳 Maybe something with wings next.....

Currently 1:52:390 in Ford Coupe.....
#300 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 4:52:14 AM(UTC)
Really not digging the Mercury. Currently running a build with less-staggered (245F/255R) Race compound tires (switch to 16" Cragar Smoothies somewhat mitigates the lack of whitewalls) and pretty much everything else under the sun I can get to avoid adding power. Having a devil of a time keeping the car from rolling completely off the inside tires around pretty much any corner with even a hint of off-camber, but less tire isn't an option unless I want to start upping the power. I think I could find a workable balance at around B550, but the jump to 600 kills it.

Current best: 1:46.001

Should be able to hit 1:45.5 or so. Consistently running low 1:46s now, so it's just a matter of time.
21 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error