4 Pages<<234Prev
Rank: Moderator
#76 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 9:58:49 PM(UTC)
The 2018 Honda Civic Type R won yesterday's vote.

Today's voting open until 7:20am Pacific Oct. 21st:
  • 2001 TVR Tuscan S
  • 2010 Mosler MT900S




With 8 hours to go, the Tuscan has a slight edge with 52% of the vote.
Rank: Moderator
#77 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 7:47:42 AM(UTC)
The TVR Tuscan won yesterday's vote.

Today's voting open until 7:20am Pacific Oct. 22nd:
  • 1994 Honda Prelude Si
  • 1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo






Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#78 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 12:43:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
The forum is one of the least likely places for people to care, as there’s a lot of experienced players here. If people here are still interested in it, it probably suggests the majority of players still find it useful - especially the newer ones.


Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Interested to see how you can claim people don’t care about it without any evidence yet shoot someone down who, at the very least, has anecdotal evidence.


He's not claiming "people don't care about [the playlist,]" he said you're just not going to see a lot of people voicing the need for it here because the most active posters in the forum at this point in the game's life cycle tend to be experinced players that (presumably) have played long enough or since launch to have already gotten what they want from it and outgrown the need for it or are simply capable enough not to need help with completing small tasks. Anyone can see the usual bleating in every post from the usual jaded malcontents, but like it or not there are people here that either actually do like it or are just ambivalent and could give a 💩 as they're busy (gasp) playing the game. It's not unreasonable to deduce that seeing as there's support for it even here, then it's likely many find it useful out in the wild, certainly beginners. Note thtat he said "useful," as opposed to love or hate. This isn't hard to comprehend, ...oh that's right, you only do petty. Checks out. 👌🏻

Edited by user Sunday, October 25, 2020 10:47:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling.

Every train needs a caboose, right?
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#79 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 12:47:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Katzenjammer404 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: George RGJ Go to Quoted Post
Erm, a rare car doesnt mean it is a "good" car, in fact most car rewards end up being way worst than many usual cars rofl. That or either you need a professional tune (again you need to know how to tune and maaaany people dont reach that far) or probably you will end not using that car reward lol. So, why in hell people need to "suffer" to get just a car reward that is not going to use in the end? it is just a car. And hell you can get a better car just throwing a spinwheel. So, why in hell must be so difficult to reach 80% for many many players?. It makes no sense. Its about fun, not about how much do you need to suffer to get the reward. It wont matter if you have 50 events to chose from, in the end is about doing the ones you love, period. Having fun, and getting a reward. So, if i cant reach 80% because i cant finish a drift pr stun and the adventure online, for example, i should have other options to supply that. Many other racing games are build that way. And no, i only played the first Gran Turismo on playstation and thats about it. Never liked that game, sorry mate. I am an old PC gamer and gran turismo was born in consoles (and i dont play consoles, never did never will as long as i have a computer). But i played almost every single racing game you can name, starting with the need for speed saga (terrible), the old screamer titles, dirt rally, i dunno, im too "old" to actually remember hahaha. But a lot of them. Keeping in mind you named gran turismo, i bet you are too "young" to even understand how many car racing games exist lol.


Do you “know” how inverted “commas” work?


While I appreciate punctuation, what difference does it really make? The intended emphasis is clear and easily understood.
Every train needs a caboose, right?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#80 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 12:53:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
The forum is one of the least likely places for people to care, as there’s a lot of experienced players here. If people here are still interested in it, it probably suggests the majority of players still find it useful - especially the newer ones.


Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Interested to see how you can claim people don’t care about it without any evidence yet shoot someone down who, at the very least, has anecdotal evidence.


He's not claming "people don't care about [the playlist,]" he said you're just not going to see a lot of people voicing the need for it here because the most active posters in the forum at this point in the game's life cycle tend to be experinced players that (presumably) have played long enough or since launch to have already gotten what they want from it and outgrown the need for it or are simply capable enough not to need help with completing small tasks. Anyone can see the usual bleating in every post from the usual jaded malcontents, but like it or not there are people here that either actually do like it or are just ambivalent and could give a 💩 as they're busy (gasp) playing the game. It's not unreasonable to deduce that seeing as there's support for it even here, then it's likely many find it useful out in the wild, certainly beginners. Note that he said "useful," as opposed to love or hate. This isn't hard to comprehend, ...oh that's right, you only do petty. Checks out. 👌🏻




Since I’m on mobile and can’t do multi-quote here’s the exact post, copy and pasted. “ Still, it only exists because nobody cares about the Playlist and PG needs to justify its existence...”. Weird. I’m reading “nobody cares”. Are you not able to read the same thing or are you looking for a meaning beyond the obvious? Lmaooo nice try tho. 😂😂

Edit: lmaooo you thought I was replying to Jezza instead of NightDriver. And you’re telling me stuff isn’t hard to comprehend? Get that reading comprehension level up man!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 21, 2020 1:05:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#81 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 1:23:04 PM(UTC)
Look who's out of forza jail.

Personally I don't care either way, I'm sick to death hearing about it/reading the constant playlist dribble, but neither you nor jezza quoted anyone so i took it as a standalone comment...right before yours Even with zero context, his post is clear, more meaningful than the trash you drop into every thread.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 21, 2020 1:27:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Every train needs a caboose, right?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#82 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 1:49:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Look who's out of forza jail.

Personally I don't care either way, I'm sick to death hearing about it/reading the constant playlist dribble, but neither you nor jezza quoted anyone so i took it as a standalone comment...right before yours Even with zero context, his post is clear, more meaningful than the trash you drop into every thread.


Awh someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today 😂😂

You don’t care because you’re wrong and don’t know what you’re talking about lmaooo

I ain’t been in Forza Jail for awhile now either lol

Keep reaching!
Rank: Moderator
#83 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 6:57:41 AM(UTC)
The 1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo won yesterday's vote.

Voting continues, this time for a week until 7:20am Pacific Oct. 29th:
  • 1965 Pontiac GTO
  • 1967 Mercedes-Benz 280 SL


Edited by user Thursday, October 22, 2020 7:57:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#84 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 7:33:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
While I appreciate punctuation, what difference does it really make? The intended emphasis is clear and easily understood.


Yes I agree the emphasis is indeed clear. Purely because someone is too “young”, this means that they don’t have knowledge about, and can’t even comprehend things relating to, old (non console) video games, and seemingly racing games in general. I just find this condescending tone bizarre when in the same paragraph he stated that he finds it difficult to reach 80% in a playlist. I just typed out some tips to help Mr RGJ to get those two examples he struggles with (online adventure and drift PR stunt), however after seeing him dump all over someone who is clearly an inexperienced racer as they, in their own words, “can’t beat the New-Bots consistently”, I decided to delete them and instead sit here staring at my screen in disbelief for a while.



Anyway while I’m here I may as well say thank the lord the Mosler was not voted for, I can’t believe how close it was. We’ve all already been gifted it at least once, just look in the auction house there are thousands of them.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 9:07:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
the Playlist is great

it gave a game without progression some sort of structure and a reason to play every week
and easier to earn cars without forced to open the wallet

That's funny how everybody has different perspective. Playlist is the worst thing for open-world game because you are forced to do stuff. I like sandbox games because I do the "story" there.

And I can pay for the cars, don't need to work for it. I can probably earn in 2 hours money for all extra cars. Current way is pretty dumb.

And Backstage? I don't need to say anything about that I guess...
Rank: Racing Legend
#86 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:33:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
the Playlist is great

it gave a game without progression some sort of structure and a reason to play every week
and easier to earn cars without forced to open the wallet

That's funny how everybody has different perspective. Playlist is the worst thing for open-world game because you are forced to do stuff. I like sandbox games because I do the "story" there.

And I can pay for the cars, don't need to work for it. I can probably earn in 2 hours money for all extra cars. Current way is pretty dumb.

And Backstage? I don't need to say anything about that I guess...


well that's funny
you say it takes 2 hours to earn the credits but it only takes 30 minutes max to get them from the playlist
so forced to do 30 mins ...which you arent forced to do unless you want to
well dont do it and just buy them then

i have max credits and nothing to spend on

but yeh backstage is pointless to me too
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#87 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 4:41:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

That's funny how everybody has different perspective. Playlist is the worst thing for open-world game because you are forced to do stuff. I like sandbox games because I do the "story" there.

And I can pay for the cars, don't need to work for it. I can probably earn in 2 hours money for all extra cars. Current way is pretty dumb.

And Backstage? I don't need to say anything about that I guess...


And I think different perspectives make the game better overall. I am not a drifting fan, yet somehow made it through the challenges. I don't like some cars that are really popular, but yet love others I am sure people do not. So adding in the variety helps flush out a game that might otherwise go stale. There is a reason why there are a couple hundred different cars in the game, so many different tracks, and then the ability to make all new ones.

It is a sandbox game. I can (and do) drive anywhere I feel, going under bridges, over mountains, etc to get the enjoyment out of the game I could not reach with FM6. Along the way, there are specific tracks I can choose to do. And I can choose to do them in any of the numerous cars allowed, or custom make it to run any other I want to drive. The inclusion of the Playlist does not do anything to confine the game in any way. You are not forced to do them as you do not need to do the events in order to continue the game. I could have easily skipped all the drifting parts and what would have happened? I wouldn't be able to get one car...one car.

As it is, the Playlist allows me, and others, to do different takes on the events I may have already done. It allows for a specific challenge I may or may not have chosen on my own. In some cases, it allows me to play online without the Online Adventure mess that I would be involved with. And in the end, I get cars that I might not have yet as well as possible duplicates to sell or to tune in a different way than I already have. And if out of all the different events, there was only one car I needed to get, I can just complete what I need to in order to get it and stuff the rest. Same goes with the Forzathon. It's an extra bit of fluff...though very repetitive...that gives me the option of winning a car I might not already have. Beats the randomness of the spins by a mile. (How many times can I land on $2000 ?? lol) And if I ever feel that I don't like the Playlist...I will simply choose not to do it. The Backstage is just one more way to be able to get a car I otherwise might not have gotten. I either partake, or don't. And the requirements to be able to do it are pretty low.

Regarding buying the extra cars: hopefully any of us that flat out can't afford to buy them have bigger concerns than what events are going to be in the Playlist this week. I like the option of putting a little time in to get something I otherwise would have spent money on. I have the money. I'm not rich, nor am I poor. But I choose to feed my gaming habit on the cheap. Enough so that all the download only cars will forever stay locked to me. And I don't regret it.

The game itself offers a lot. You can pick and choose what parts you want and leave out the rest. I'm not a fan of all of it, and choose to skip certain parts of it. But overall I enjoy the game, and try not to complain about the parts I don't.




Now, open comment to the rest of the forum. As I understand it, this is a support community. We discuss, inquire, assist, and support those others who choose to be a part of it. We are going to have different opinions and approaches to the game and we can voice those differences just fine. That being said, please knock off all the petty banter and bravado that gets banded about in here. No one is impressed. You don't appear witty, only juvenile. If you want to spout off, go to your local social media platform of your choice and have at it. It is annoying having to wade through the mess in order to provide support for someone or glean info offered from someone else. Thank you.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 1:33:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
the Playlist is great

it gave a game without progression some sort of structure and a reason to play every week
and easier to earn cars without forced to open the wallet

That's funny how everybody has different perspective. Playlist is the worst thing for open-world game because you are forced to do stuff. I like sandbox games because I do the "story" there.

And I can pay for the cars, don't need to work for it. I can probably earn in 2 hours money for all extra cars. Current way is pretty dumb.

And Backstage? I don't need to say anything about that I guess...


well that's funny
you say it takes 2 hours to earn the credits but it only takes 30 minutes max to get them from the playlist
so forced to do 30 mins ...which you arent forced to do unless you want to
well dont do it and just buy them then

i have max credits and nothing to spend on

but yeh backstage is pointless to me too

I meant money IRL. I don't need to work ingame to play with it. I just bought it and want to play it (or buying more). How much could cost extra 200 cars? $200 max? That's easy to earn IRL but hard to earn ingame. The game design is very disappointing for me. Maybe some kids are happy with it.
Rank: Racing Permit
#89 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 6:36:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

I meant money IRL. I don't need to work ingame to play with it. I just bought it and want to play it (or buying more). How much could cost extra 200 cars? $200 max? That's easy to earn IRL but hard to earn ingame. The game design is very disappointing for me. Maybe some kids are happy with it.


Wow, you'd rather have a paywall? That's shocking to me. Not in a negative way, it's more than fair that you feel this way, it's just surprising to me is all.

Personally I prefer the playlist as a method of distribution then a paywall, but you recognize that the devs need some form of compensation for the work they put into adding new cars. Respect.

Unfortunately I think you're the exception, not the rule. I feel like most of the anti-playlist crowd feels entitled to those cars for free. I'm not sure it would be worth it for the devs to add in a paywall option, as I think having both would be nice. You know, play the playlist over the course of the month to earn the cars for free, or pay x to get them right now.

People will complain about that solution too, but people will find a way to complain about everything.

Like I said though, I think most of the anti-playlist crowd feel entitled, and a paywall option would probably just enflame them more. Unlike you, they are not providing realistic alternatives.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#90 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 7:42:45 AM(UTC)
Didn't realize there's more than 6 cars in the Backstage.

Well, I did suggest something like this earlier, but I wasn't as light as PG since I wanted to restrict it to 100% completion. Not gonna complain about it anymore.

On the Playlist, usually the events they pick do a pretty good job of showcasing the game's graphics, but the existence of seasonal championships itself meant they deleted championship blueprints... and their events themselves usually aren't very imaginative.

FH4 is ultimately less fun than the others to play in solo mode because PG borrowed from FM7 that "every racer must be on your Friends List" thing. So, if not many of my friends drive Modern Muscle, I end up with a grid of eleven 2018 Mustangs + me. The whole solo aspect from FH4 seems hastily thrown together, which is frustrating since the game has the best car list and very good route variety as well as a Route Creator.

So yeah... I couldn't care less about the Playlist. It just gets in the way.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#91 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 7:52:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheWarmWind76 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

I meant money IRL. I don't need to work ingame to play with it. I just bought it and want to play it (or buying more). How much could cost extra 200 cars? $200 max? That's easy to earn IRL but hard to earn ingame. The game design is very disappointing for me. Maybe some kids are happy with it.


Wow, you'd rather have a paywall? That's shocking to me. Not in a negative way, it's more than fair that you feel this way, it's just surprising to me is all.

Personally I prefer the playlist as a method of distribution then a paywall, but you recognize that the devs need some form of compensation for the work they put into adding new cars. Respect.

Unfortunately I think you're the exception, not the rule. I feel like most of the anti-playlist crowd feels entitled to those cars for free. I'm not sure it would be worth it for the devs to add in a paywall option, as I think having both would be nice. You know, play the playlist over the course of the month to earn the cars for free, or pay x to get them right now.

People will complain about that solution too, but people will find a way to complain about everything.

Like I said though, I think most of the anti-playlist crowd feel entitled, and a paywall option would probably just enflame them more. Unlike you, they are not providing realistic alternatives.


I'd rather free without Playlist. But paywall is definitely better than Playlist.

Especially because in this game PG gave us lots of trash in the Car Pass and saved the good ones for the Forzathon Shop/Playlist to milk more playtime from users.

When cars were DLC I could buy as many of them as I wanted from the game itself and they were always available. With the exclusive cars, I don't have this luxury anymore, because certain cars are simply too rare and/or expensive.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
Rank: Moderator
#92 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 6:49:42 AM(UTC)
The 1965 Pontiac GTO won last week's vote with about 55%.

This week's vote is open until 7:20am Pacific Nov. 5th:
  • Hudson Hornet
  • Plymouth Fury


Edited by user Thursday, October 29, 2020 8:07:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Legend
#93 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 12:02:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheWarmWind76 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

I meant money IRL. I don't need to work ingame to play with it. I just bought it and want to play it (or buying more). How much could cost extra 200 cars? $200 max? That's easy to earn IRL but hard to earn ingame. The game design is very disappointing for me. Maybe some kids are happy with it.


Wow, you'd rather have a paywall? That's shocking to me. Not in a negative way, it's more than fair that you feel this way, it's just surprising to me is all.

Personally I prefer the playlist as a method of distribution then a paywall, but you recognize that the devs need some form of compensation for the work they put into adding new cars. Respect.

Unfortunately I think you're the exception, not the rule. I feel like most of the anti-playlist crowd feels entitled to those cars for free. I'm not sure it would be worth it for the devs to add in a paywall option, as I think having both would be nice. You know, play the playlist over the course of the month to earn the cars for free, or pay x to get them right now.

People will complain about that solution too, but people will find a way to complain about everything.

Like I said though, I think most of the anti-playlist crowd feel entitled, and a paywall option would probably just enflame them more. Unlike you, they are not providing realistic alternatives.


I'd rather free without Playlist. But paywall is definitely better than Playlist.

Especially because in this game PG gave us lots of trash in the Car Pass and saved the good ones for the Forzathon Shop/Playlist to milk more playtime from users.

When cars were DLC I could buy as many of them as I wanted from the game itself and they were always available. With the exclusive cars, I don't have this luxury anymore, because certain cars are simply too rare and/or expensive.



what

how can cars be too rare or expensive,
they are always on the auction house
if you are a long term player like yourself credits shouldnt be an issue since this is the easiest game other than FM6 for credits

some people are either too lazy or just have too much real life money to waste, EA loves you people

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#94 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 4:18:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheWarmWind76 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

I meant money IRL. I don't need to work ingame to play with it. I just bought it and want to play it (or buying more). How much could cost extra 200 cars? $200 max? That's easy to earn IRL but hard to earn ingame. The game design is very disappointing for me. Maybe some kids are happy with it.


Wow, you'd rather have a paywall? That's shocking to me. Not in a negative way, it's more than fair that you feel this way, it's just surprising to me is all.

Personally I prefer the playlist as a method of distribution then a paywall, but you recognize that the devs need some form of compensation for the work they put into adding new cars. Respect.

Unfortunately I think you're the exception, not the rule. I feel like most of the anti-playlist crowd feels entitled to those cars for free. I'm not sure it would be worth it for the devs to add in a paywall option, as I think having both would be nice. You know, play the playlist over the course of the month to earn the cars for free, or pay x to get them right now.

People will complain about that solution too, but people will find a way to complain about everything.

Like I said though, I think most of the anti-playlist crowd feel entitled, and a paywall option would probably just enflame them more. Unlike you, they are not providing realistic alternatives.


I'd rather free without Playlist. But paywall is definitely better than Playlist.

Especially because in this game PG gave us lots of trash in the Car Pass and saved the good ones for the Forzathon Shop/Playlist to milk more playtime from users.

When cars were DLC I could buy as many of them as I wanted from the game itself and they were always available. With the exclusive cars, I don't have this luxury anymore, because certain cars are simply too rare and/or expensive.



what

how can cars be too rare or expensive,
they are always on the auction house
if you are a long term player like yourself credits shouldnt be an issue since this is the easiest game other than FM6 for credits

some people are either too lazy or just have too much real life money to waste, EA loves you people



And Microsoft loves the types of you: people who mindlessly defend the company at any cost.

I don't find it very pleasant when a studio forces me to play games when they want me to, for me to obtain content. This is a modern trend... This is something EA would do. It's something Ubisoft does. Neither company is too liked by players.

I also don't find it pleasant when these events are easy, but numerous, in order to force you to waste time. I yawn at the Playlist. But I also know of people who legitimately can't complete the challenges. Are they not good enough for the cars?

Finally, are we gonna treat PG as this "champion" of players when, like I said, Car Pass was far weaker than the exclusive cars and the Ultimate Edition gave no meaningful bonuses other than a few timesavers? DLC in this game had a fair bit of P2W (Agera RS, FD cars) and even shameless product placement (Drift Club 2.0 story on FI).

All I have to say in this matter is... It starts like this. And I wouldn't be surprised if the next game was only 100 cars at launch + weekly exclusives for 5, 10 years and you were here defending PG, because it's "free". Forza has always been spotty with addon content and the problem was never the cost thereof, but what content was in the packs and how they were made available in the game.

Edited by user Thursday, October 29, 2020 4:31:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error