#1 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 10:31:38 PM(UTC)
Hello, I bought a new Xbox game pass and downloaded Forza Horizon 4. After a few races, I realized some serious lag. Lag makes the game unplayable when I press a or d ıt shown on my screen like 1 or 2 seconds later. How can I solve this problem?

My System:
Gtz 1060 3G
2x8g 2400 MHz ram
Intel i5 7600 overclocked to 3.9ghz
and a Sandisk M2 SSD.
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 2:09:15 PM(UTC)
Had this problem on my Xbox One X last night. Thought it was just poor traction in the snow or something but then I noticed the camera controls were doing it too. And then it started doing it in menus. Had to fully uninstall and reinstall today but it's working fine now.
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 2:35:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RakkSelim Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I bought a new Xbox game pass and downloaded Forza Horizon 4. After a few races, I realized some serious lag. Lag makes the game unplayable when I press a or d ıt shown on my screen like 1 or 2 seconds later. How can I solve this problem?

My System:
Gtz 1060 3G
2x8g 2400 MHz ram
Intel i5 7600 overclocked to 3.9ghz
and a Sandisk M2 SSD.

Not sure, but I would suspect that video RAM usage might be a problem with that card, 3GB is lower than ideal, even though I believe 2GB is quoted as the minimum, anything under 4GB is pushing it. This might have nothing to do with your issue but I would have a look at that just in case. The in-game benchmark is very comprehensive and will tell you VRAM usage, and the video settings has info on which things you can turn down or off to lower VRAM requirements.
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 4:22:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: koolkong94 Go to Quoted Post
Had this problem on my Xbox One X last night. Thought it was just poor traction in the snow or something but then I noticed the camera controls were doing it too. And then it started doing it in menus. Had to fully uninstall and reinstall today but it's working fine now.

I take it back, I noticed the reinstall had reset my graphics options to quality. I changed it back to performance and it was fine for that session but the next time I got on the game it was doing it again. Changed back to quality and it's been fine ever since. Just started doing this with the Series 28 update.

Notification

Icon
Error