2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 7:30:50 AM(UTC)
There are many things you can try if you search through the forums. You are kind of on your own to troubleshoot. Try and be patient but this game has many issues on PC with many causes so it may take some time to narrow down.
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 8:12:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Diakon1356 Go to Quoted Post
Buying a console.

Looking for solution not snarky comment if You can't afford proper gaming PC ;)

Solution to what? I gave you one.
And a right proper one at that!

Working in IT for a rather large school district I get tired of dealing with all the Win10 issues, so I can't imagine dealing with these at home as well just to be able to play a video game. A console is the only way I will play a video game.

#28 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 8:48:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Buying a console.

Working in IT for a rather large school district I get tired of dealing with all the Win10 issues, so I can't imagine dealing with these at home as well just to be able to play a video game. A console is the only way I will play a video game.

Its usually a none issue, the days when it was a struggle to get games running on your PC are long gone. I have been playing on PC for almost 30 years now, and 99% of the games released for the PC today are running without any complications, given you have the needed specs and update your graphics driver from time to time, which is done in a handful of clicks. Most problems occur with half assed console ports like "Control" and FM7. FH4 on the other hand runs flawless, which gives me hope for the next motorsport iteration.

Edit: Correction, Quantum Break was the broken port, not Control

Edited by user Friday, October 9, 2020 9:20:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 9:34:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Buying a console.

Exactly, I just want to play. Ability to solve any PC problem doesn't mean you need to do it to play your favorite games.
#30 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 11:40:23 PM(UTC)
somebody put something worthwhile here

Edited by user Sunday, October 11, 2020 7:44:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 12:46:07 AM(UTC)
Vsync seems to be the issue, my son was playing around with the settings, until he realized that with vsync on dynamic the game is not crashing anymore. I used to have it on 60fps.
#32 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 10:19:06 AM(UTC)
I bought my gaming pc brand new like 6 months ago and forza motorsport 7 was one of the first games i tried on it. It worked perfect all this time at ultra settings i was getting around 140 fps. Now all of a suddon i cant play it without it crashing and shutting down no error message or anything. I dont know if its due to an update or what but i didnt change anything and now it doesnt work. Does anybody know for sure what happened i heard this happened to a lot of people is there a fix? Please help.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 11:12:17 AM(UTC)
Try setting vsync to dynamic, had the same issue, this fixed it
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 11:22:04 AM(UTC)
When i do that it caps me at 72fps is there any known way around this it used to give me 140fps until all these new updates. Do you think forza team will fix this ever?
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 11:46:55 AM(UTC)
Thanks for your answer by the way
#36 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 12:00:53 PM(UTC)
only way I could fix the crashing was to roll back my Nvidia drivers way back to 442.50... Just run them with a custom install and tick the clean install option (it would be better to run DDU but I seemed to be ok just using clean install). It's v unstable for a lot of people on recent Nvidia drivers.

Oh, and doubt they'll fix anything, they announced the last update for the game was Aug 2019... guess they're busy with Forza 8 at the moment, but the awful stability of F7 has kinda put me off even trying 8.
#37 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 4:29:32 PM(UTC)
Having the same problems. Weird because the games been fine for a long time. Only the last couple of weeks this has been happening. Hopefully they sort this out because there's still a solid community on this game and it'd be sad to see a portion of PC players drop off because of this.
Don't talk too much, be focused on the goal and achieve it. - Niki Lauda
#38 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 8:48:37 PM(UTC)
As someone said, rolling back to(or download from nvidia site) to geforce driver version 442.50 makes it work now. Crashing stopped. Haven't checked with other driver versions.
#39 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 4:20:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Emperor7444 Go to Quoted Post
As someone said, rolling back to(or download from nvidia site) to geforce driver version 442.50 makes it work now. Crashing stopped. Haven't checked with other driver versions.

That driver is really old. I started with 456.38 and had crashes in the multiplayer after like 1 minuten. Then updated to latest 456.55 and then it crashed to desktop as soon as the race started (online). Then I tried 452.06 and it seemed to work. I was able to do 3 online races before I quit the game. However later today I started the game and as soon as I enter a lobby and it starts loading I will get a crash to desktop.

For the record; right now this is the only game that is crashing. Played like 3 hours of Forza Horizon 4 yesterday and today I played 5 hours of snowrunner without any issues.

Faulting application name: ForzaMotorsport7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d3a447d
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 27.21.14.5655, time stamp: 0x5f6cfd5d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000d51f6c
Faulting process ID: 0x3e90
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a417c58b3071
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.174.4791.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaMotorsport7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdi.inf_amd64_38dc0eb91a9ce721\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report ID: a9cbd012-09b8-479e-822f-45e29c83a78f
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.174.4791.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: forzamotorsport7
#40 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 7:12:50 PM(UTC)
So it seems like my topic and many others have all been merged into one, as if we all have the same issue. This is effectively burying the problem. Pretty sad given this game just got added to gamepass. I have enjoyed playing the game for years at high frame rate, very sad that this no longer seem to be an option.
#41 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 9:54:20 AM(UTC)
Hi all, an update. Seems the issue I was having at least was due to new nvidia drivers. You can wait for the next set of drivers to see if they include an official fix, or if you cannot wait there seems to be success with this custom profile.

https://www.reddit.com/r..._driver_45638_crash_fix/

Hope this helps anyone who is having issues.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 10:05:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkSideDaMoon Go to Quoted Post
Constant CtD's with driver 456.38 too. Maybe it's the game not these drivers that is at fault.

Just no, most forza drivers have no idea how to race with others, stay on their side of the track, not overextend and push the person on the outside off the track, etc. If there was an actual rating system, most forza drivers would be at the bottom because they don't understand that racing is a no contact sport and it's not an arcade racer.
 2 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 4:07:33 PM(UTC)
And just like that, nvidia has released a hotfix that will supposedly address the issue

https://nvidia.custhelp....tail/a_id/5099/kw/hotfix

GeForce Hotfix display driver version 456.98 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 456.71.

The hotfix addresses the following issues:
[Ampere]: Random flicker may occur in multi-monitor configurations when G-SYNC is enabled
Users may see a black screen when launching a game on a monitor using DSC (Display Stream Compression)
[Notebook]: On some Turing based notebooks, users may see a black window when playing back a video in a web browser
[For Honor]: Game will crash to desktop when launched on GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards
[Forza Motorsport 7]: Game may crash to desktop when starting a race

#44 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 7:15:58 PM(UTC)
I get crashes on my laptop (1080m i7 7700HQ) when I view cars to buy. I also get crashes on my desktop (2080ti 9900k) when I play at 8K (4K and 200% resolution). I mean the game hasn't been too bad in my experience but it does suffer from a variety of annoying issues.
#45 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 10:55:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: notarjy Go to Quoted Post
And just like that, nvidia has released a hotfix that will supposedly address the issue

https://nvidia.custhelp....tail/a_id/5099/kw/hotfix

GeForce Hotfix display driver version 456.98 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 456.71.

The hotfix addresses the following issues:
[Ampere]: Random flicker may occur in multi-monitor configurations when G-SYNC is enabled
Users may see a black screen when launching a game on a monitor using DSC (Display Stream Compression)
[Notebook]: On some Turing based notebooks, users may see a black window when playing back a video in a web browser
[For Honor]: Game will crash to desktop when launched on GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards
[Forza Motorsport 7]: Game may crash to desktop when starting a race

Just booted this game up for the first time in awhile. I didn't know about this new issue with the new drivers. Thanks for posting the link. I am going to try it now.
#46 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 11:16:16 AM(UTC)
I can report that installing the hotfix solved my issues, no more crashing
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error