117 Pages<<110111112113114>>PrevNext
#2776 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 3:04:58 AM(UTC)
Pretty standard points 😅. It really is so painful to make progress.
#2777 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 4:48:44 AM(UTC)
Next adventure I just had the weirdest thing at the end, when it came to showing me the points, instead of showing plus or minus it showed '0/1 unranked' or something (I was so taken aback I forgot to screenshot it).

Anyway what actually happened was I lost (nooo!) to a league 5 player who was way too fast and I got -22. Another one for the blacklist...

To put that in context, I got +4 for beating a league 5 the other day.

I see you haven't been tempted to re-enter the fray this season yet Jezza? :p (other than simply re-qualifying I mean.)

That's put me back to where I was 12 adventures ago anyway.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 14, 2020 4:50:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2778 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 5:33:21 AM(UTC)
Despite the fact it clearly said I was at GM level on everything when last month finished, when the month renewed the game claimed that I had only reached League 1 and therefore only gave me League 1 prizes. It’s now telling me I’ve reached GM again, and that I should get GM prizes, so I’m leaving myself there this month and seeing what happens. My working prognosis is that it will again tell me after month change that I only reached League 1 and I’ll actually need to reach 4875 for it to work properly but I thought I’d save myself that pain for a month.
#2779 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 6:11:19 AM(UTC)
Good idea, fingers crossed that it works then. If I could just reach my goal of league 1, I would likewise be happy to stop playing for a while (or forever :D).
#2780 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 10:20:21 AM(UTC)
Another 12 points loss for 2nd place to an unranked player, must be high ranked to have lost that relatively few. Still my two losses today cancels out a few dozen or so wins. (Found him, he's league 3. But is faster than me.)

You pretty much need to maintain a win/loss ratio of well over 10 to 1 to have any chance of progressing. Mine is 40-4 this series (and 83-7 on my secondary). That's only enough to just about hang around league 2 rather than make much headway moving up.

edit - got those 12 points back with two wins against good opponents.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 14, 2020 10:58:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2781 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 11:58:36 AM(UTC)
ahh... here is my report from last 40mins of playing:
S1 CC 8 players - skip
some lobby 6 players - skip
S1 CC 6 players - skip
S1 CC 10 players - skip
S2 street scene 8 players - skip
A street scene 10 players - let's play - corvette 02 - of course, 2/3 of the cars are APs and Novas, ranks 7-12, won it, but on first two tracks one of AP was finishing 1sec behind me, +4 points
S1 dirt 8 players - let's play - hoonigan rs200 - whole lobby of Alfa 33s and Baja WPs, ranks 4-12, finished 2nd to rank 4 in Baja, thankfuly rank 4 had a beef with rank 6, without that I would probably finish 3rd, -4points

I was skipping S1 CC cause of Baja WP. Forgot that WP is also used in S1 dirt.
I was skipping 6 players loobys cause of low number of players. Not only ranks, but also number of players counts, right?

that was well spent 40 mins :P
#2782 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 12:40:33 PM(UTC)
I actually prefer the 6 player lobbies because the start position is less likely to be a hindrance (although it still can be but just less likely). As far as I know (???) it doesn't matter how many are in the lobby for scoring purposes, you just need to beat someone of high enough rank to not lose points. But I don't know if that's true or not.

Most lobbies aren't full anyway so I don't need to skip them but a few times I have skipped 12 player lobbies when there are certain tracks. Some tracks the start position is critical and starting 12th can be fatal if anyone even half decent is up the front.

Anyway yeah, 40 minutes for +0 points, good work :D (my day = seven adventures for -21. I would love to swap the +0.)

Edited by user Wednesday, October 14, 2020 12:41:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2783 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 5:15:43 PM(UTC)
Im stuck same point.Im wining team adventure and giving point but when you return main menu and select team adventure same point.Never change win or lose nothing happen.I leaved adventure but nothing happend
#2784 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 1:21:08 AM(UTC)
Just had an X-rated horror story of an adventure... S1 street, everything that could go wrong did do, starting at the back, unlucky traffic, several rammers. I started the final race needing to win, I started last. I got to the final corner of Highland charge having just taken the lead, but then because of traffic I missed a checkpoint and finished the race 5th. Still 2nd overall, but lost 18 points. Ugh. So bad.

Next race the same... incredible. Started at the back in first two races. Overtook a league 4 to take the lead, he rammed me off as I passed. I would beat this person ten times out of ten on a level playing field, sometimes I am beaten by much quicker players and I hold my hands up but this wasn't one of them. What a shame people like this exist. Anyway there goes another 19 points.

Just won an adventure against a Grandmaster, I'm pretty sure I've never done that before. gunnergriff1988 on my secondary account for +36 points, he seemed a little out of sorts to be fair, made a few mistakes and wasn't at his best.

Edited by user Thursday, October 15, 2020 8:12:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2785 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 1:10:27 PM(UTC)
Hey there. Just finished a competition team race adventure, set aside the fact that two guys of my team left after first race, it was a tough race. I was 1v3 on a hot hatch vs pick ups (dunno why there're still no regulations on which cars can compete with which but I guess no one really cares) and I won two races, settling at 2 points vs 2 points before last race. And when I came 2nd in last race, having 200 points for coming before two opponents, one of them left and my points went to 100 AFTER I finished and opponent's first place had 150, obviously. Why is it like that? Which distorted brain thought of that "brilliant" idea? How come my points change after I finished? Have my position changed in results table? No. Why then? It's just infuriating that Turn10 adds more cars and **** but can't have 5 people work on regulations for competitive races to tidy up all the **** that there is? I thought they started going in a right direction when they banned Boneshaker and Track-Tor, but it seems they are just proud of what they did, aren't they? This post might seem like a whining but actually it's to raise awareness, I think. For all the time I played Horizon 4 it didn't change much, but at the same time we ain't got no FH5 this year. What's the plan then? Just leave it "as is" and go do something else? I don't think it's fair towards people who bought Ultimate edition for $100 to get dumped with no actual changes to the game ever since drift was introduced.
#2786 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 7:41:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EZGGWP Go to Quoted Post
Hey there. Just finished a competition team race adventure, set aside the fact that two guys of my team left after first race, it was a tough race. I was 1v3 on a hot hatch vs pick ups (dunno why there're still no regulations on which cars can compete with which but I guess no one really cares) and I won two races, settling at 2 points vs 2 points before last race. And when I came 2nd in last race, having 200 points for coming before two opponents, one of them left and my points went to 100 AFTER I finished and opponent's first place had 150, obviously. Why is it like that? Which distorted brain thought of that "brilliant" idea? How come my points change after I finished? Have my position changed in results table? No. Why then? It's just infuriating that Turn10 adds more cars and **** but can't have 5 people work on regulations for competitive races to tidy up all the **** that there is? I thought they started going in a right direction when they banned Boneshaker and Track-Tor, but it seems they are just proud of what they did, aren't they? This post might seem like a whining but actually it's to raise awareness, I think. For all the time I played Horizon 4 it didn't change much, but at the same time we ain't got no FH5 this year. What's the plan then? Just leave it "as is" and go do something else? I don't think it's fair towards people who bought Ultimate edition for $100 to get dumped with no actual changes to the game ever since drift was introduced.

Overall, they care about an issue only if it gets visible from a wide audience of possible buyers like through some YouTube guys etc.

Why is it behaving like this, my guess is that it is a just code design consequence, finish line info gathered live from the participants, one participant leaves, its info is removed, result changes. That's not the way it should be but when dev know about coding and don't about racing, that's what we get.

Concerning awareness, all experienced players know about that issue you refer too. Cope with it like others cope with ranked FFA ramming welcome design or just leave the feature/game, there is no alternative or hope for a fix to have about that.

No plan I heard about a FH5, never named it on their side. We all have our personal idea about it, mine is that they switched to another direction and intent to leave FH more or less to its fate.

Plenty of things were done since release, some good, some very bad, depends on who you ask, FFA, Rivals, collision management etc. After those first months of game, they mostly stopped maintaining the existing features and went to add new things, new cars, eliminator, drift, playlist etc. My own guess is that the team having developed the initial game being gone made it quite a terrible challenge to do any modification there. Just simpler to add a new feature. Additionally, when they try to modify something on the main code, like ranked or car reset for instance, the result is not quite the one any player would expect.

#2787 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 8:09:56 AM(UTC)
So how do I get -1 for winning against a league 10, but +0 for winning against a lobby where the best was league 12 (who actually finished the championship last) and the others were 13, 14 and 17. I wish I knew how it figures it out.
#2788 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 9:12:33 AM(UTC)
I think one reason is because it takes into account how new the account is. Beating someone who has been League 10 for hundreds of adventures (a depressing thought) may be worth less than beating a new League 12 especially if they had, for example, won their last adventure and gone up significantly.

There’s clearly a fair amount of clever calculations going on with this points system. Just a shame it doesn’t really work the way the game operates.
#2789 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 9:28:05 AM(UTC)
The funny thing was that the league 10 was pretty good as well, and better than their modest rank would suggest. But the lobby where I got +0 was very weak and nobody put up any sort of challenge. So while I was delighted to get +0 as I assumed I'd lose points, it does leave you scratching your head.

You must be right that there is something else going on beyond the mere rank itself being taken into account.
#2790 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 9:33:10 AM(UTC)
How many players started adventure? And how many players was still in lobby at the end?
#2791 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 9:39:57 AM(UTC)
Now that qualifications are just 1 cs, I guess that just loosing it leads you to the bottom of the ladder regardless your actual level. As a result you are more likely to meet players with a level different for the one that would fit, being better or worse.
-1 or 0 looks to me as a calculation approximation issue.
#2792 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 9:54:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
How many players started adventure? And how many players was still in lobby at the end?

Started, not sure, maybe 6 because it isn't often I get more than that nowadays.

Here's how they finished, and the points awarded:

#2793 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 10:08:36 AM(UTC)
Well, this fits into my "number of players at the end" theory :P
#2794 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 11:05:28 AM(UTC)
Anyone knows who is hiding under GT: anonyyymous? This must be some new account or something. Yesterday (or 2 days ago) he was rank 5, today he is rank 3.
Weird part is that 2 days ago when I lost to him I lost 4 points and today it was 11 points. Can't remember the previous lobby, but still it doesn't makes sense for me.

PS. GT86 is good? I was lapping 0,1 sec slower lap times than AP
#2795 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 11:27:03 AM(UTC)
Dunno about anonyyymous except he has been on my blacklist for a while and I guess if you lost to him it shows why I'm scared to play him :p

Looks like someone's main account, at least they have over 26 days logged with FH4.

Edited by user Friday, October 16, 2020 11:28:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2796 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 5:23:44 AM(UTC)
Nearly lost a street race just now because I experimented with the graphics settings... I had a summer S2 adventure previously and I noticed like I'd sometimes found before, that the shadows across the road can be a bit distracting at times. So I thought okay I'll disable the shadows (it's a common thing in competitive games that people will play on the lowest settings either to get a better frame rate or to remove clutter or distractions). Tried the track again and it was much better.

Then did a ranked street adventure and oh dear... everything is very dark, because my headlights are not working! Or at best they are casting as much light as a candle. I hit a wall in the second race while leading because I just couldn't see where I was going properly. Fortunately I still won the adventure.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design, but I don't see how turning shadows off should disable the car headlights.

So looks like I need to keep shadows on, which is a shame.
 2 users liked this post.
#2797 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 8:24:43 AM(UTC)
Lately i find myself racing against Ferraris F50 WP, Toyota Baja WP, old Honda civics, Ram rebels and atomic punks. These guys are impossible to beat.

Last night i finished second overall (winter s998) using the bac mono against a yellow tag F50 GT WP. He won all events no sweat but he did not manage to show up at the award ceremony.
Great bug, i got +17 for this one.
 1 user liked this post.
#2798 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 1:21:55 AM(UTC)
It really depends what you are using yourself Baron. Of those cars:

Baja WP completely overpowered In S1 cross country. A strong driver should beat anyone driving something else but something like the Trailcat would be your best chance to compete. Also very strong at S1 dirt;

F50 WP - very good S2 car particularly in the wet but cars like the Koenigsegg CCGT or Mercedes CLK GTR are probably slightly stronger depending on conditions;

Atomic Punk - one of the top 3 A class cars on both dirt and road. The Nova FE or Roadster can compete with it dependent on tune and conditions;

Civics - very good in B and A but not class leading. I actually rarely see them in ranked. The Daytona, Pulsar or Ram Power Wagon should be better in B dirt if that’s where you are seeing it;

Rebel TRX - decent S1 cross country but nowhere near the Baja WP. Should be plenty of options to compete with this.

#2799 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 2:28:12 AM(UTC)
Thanks Jessa, spot on analysis, except that the Roadster is also a dlc vehicle.

I met with a yellow tag A800 92 NSX the other day which was insanely quick, so you are right about setup, use, track and conditions.
#2800 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 3:40:15 AM(UTC)
Anyone yellow tag at FFA will be very good. The 92 NSX is a second tier A class car (top tier S1) so someone good driving it will still be setting very challenging times.
117 Pages<<110111112113114>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error