2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 12:44:23 PM(UTC)
WHY am I required to map a button on my controller to “Map” when YOUR OWN DEFAULT PROFILE DOESN’T!

I just want to make a slight alteration to default to make analog clutch, but now I have to find somewhere to put Map and there is t anywhere left to put it

Edited by user Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:37:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 6:48:59 PM(UTC)
Okay so just tried to use my "Map" binding and literally nothing happened. I thought it'd open up the map or something. Nope, nothing at all happened... So why is this even a required binding when it does literally NOTHING?
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 4:15:38 AM(UTC)
I'm new here, both to the forum and Forza, so forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

I like FH4 quite a bit. Good game, good driving. However, there are some things that bug me due to the sheer disrespect it shows the userbase, and chief among those is Streamer Mode being disabled by default and an otherwise incapability to turn music off, because I don't like the radio music in the menus.

However, what irks me the most by far is the required buttons in the custom controller layouts. Requiring the user to have completely useless functions mapped to a controller with very limited command space is incredibly flawed and prevents the user from playing the game their way.

I am a user who never has, never do and never will use photo mode, the direct-to-map button, Anna or quickchat. Forcing me to map these buttons prevents me from mapping clutch, shift buttons and telemetry without sacrificing other functions I like, such as 360° view on the right analog stick. I am also certain this will directly impact people with disabilities who need to have controllers and need to set them up in a certain way.

I would like to hear developer reasoning for why the button requirements were implemented or, preferrably, see this changed. Thanks in advance.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:37:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 2:16:50 PM(UTC)
I haven't found an answer to this problem yet and still want one. Every single time I go into the controller menu and have forgotten about this issue I am immediately filled with frustration when I want to try mapping the clutch again and can't keep functions I want. This is the only game I have ever played where there even are required button mappings. Most games allow you to unbind critical mappings with only a warning message and it is ridiculous that this game breaks away from the mold in this way. I cannot see the reason for this and I am willing to bet a lot of people would want this changed.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 4:42:19 PM(UTC)
I would like it fixed too. I have tried to make a custom controller layout and been unable to save, because the same controller that works perfectly with the default control schemes doesn't have enough buttons to bind all of the "required functions".
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 4:56:29 PM(UTC)
hello I do not need anna or rewind to be required bindings and literally just want to bind downshift and upshift how I want. It is odd functions I never use in like 600hrs of play are required but when I want to experiment with a new driving style in an arcade racer with a controller with very limited buttons I an unable to. Should at least let me bind these useless functions to my keyboard while allowing me to drive with a controller. shouldn't be impossible to do, you literally work at microsoft.

Notification

Icon
Error