5 Pages<<345Prev
 3 users liked this post.
#101 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 8:06:14 PM(UTC)
RE: season playlist. My 2 cents is that the current system is manageable for someone whose spare time is on the order of 20-30 minutes on weeknights to play a game. I generally have to save the Trial and PG events for the weekend because they are much more time consuming with the matchmaking, collective load times, and having to start all over if things go badly (though they changed the PG event in an effort yo deal with the early drop outs if things were not going well).
there is a real danger of the system becoming something that favors a demographic that has more available play time. It's the same old issue of players who have more time wanting something to show for their effort vs players without the time wanting to be able to still play among the first group. Hearing about how things have changed over time, it sounds like PG is considering the time constrained player.

On to new comments/criticism:
As free roam hosts more of the Horizon content, the racing game underpinnings are showing they aren't a great fit at this point. I think I mentioned I'd like to be able to toggle TCS faster. Swapping cars, swapping tunes, something as simple as changing tires, telemetry, and lots of other little things. They are fine for racing, but clunky in free roam with Forzathon Live events, PR stunts, changing seasons and weather, etc.
 1 user liked this post.
#102 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 9:35:21 AM(UTC)
My views are now different on the whole playlist thing. I play on Xbox, and I’m not bothering with online modes ( why should I pay for online access when pc players don’t have to? They both use the same servers). We are at a point which most exclusive cars dont require much work, which you can still do offline. Bragging about having rare cars in this game is stupid, it’s such a meaninless “success” . The only thing is, please don’t do like in fh3 a.k.a. locking exclusive cars forever in the game. It makes you look bad, and you lock out everybody to access to that content after eol. It’s a lose-lose
 2 users liked this post.
#103 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 9:53:56 AM(UTC)
I'll throw my own stone to the garden in this thread:

I Own both PC FH games with all additions to them. In real life I relly liked to ride during winter (cheap old rwd cars are hell of a fun when it is snowing - you don't have to ride fast, there is literally no traction, which means constant"power"slides and countersteering). I can get this when playing Blizzard mountain, but unfortunately it's gone in FH4 winter season (yes, there is less traction, but it isn't real winter in my opinion). I know it's late for any requests, and there were moanings for low winter traction in FH4 by players who prefer higher grip, but I wanted to point this out.
 1 user liked this post.
#104 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 10:41:51 PM(UTC)
For offline to gain back a little of interest, it would require to be able to customize difficulty a little bit further like more levels of expertise of drivatars, unbeatable is just a joke. Also, would be good that specific performances of each car are considered which is not at all the case at the moment. Anyone considering to take the drivatar leader's car as a better car is wrong. Cars of drivatars are just makeup.

Blizzard is my favorite FH3 location. I think FH team should have added DLC races to the online. It would have raised the interest for players to buy the DLC to train on races, get the associated cars, etc. And same time it would have refreshed/increased interest for online. It would have been a win-win option, sad.

Now we all know this thread is only for us to read, Next version will just be ray tracing and fps. No plan shared of a possibly FH5 so it sounds that FH story is just ending, period.
#105 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 12:50:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
For offline to gain back a little of interest, it would require to be able to customize difficulty a little bit further like more levels of expertise of drivatars, unbeatable is just a joke. Also, would be good that specific performances of each car are considered which is not at all the case at the moment. Anyone considering to take the drivatar leader's car as a better car is wrong. Cars of drivatars are just makeup.

Blizzard is my favorite FH3 location. I think FH team should have added DLC races to the online. It would have raised the interest for players to buy the DLC to train on races, get the associated cars, etc. And same time it would have refreshed/increased interest for online. It would have been a win-win option, sad.

Now we all know this thread is only for us to read, Next version will just be ray tracing and fps. No plan shared of a possibly FH5 so it sounds that FH story is just ending, period.

The new engine isn't ready yet. FM is yet to release. So PG can't just leech the engine and profit.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 2 users liked this post.
#106 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 4:47:29 PM(UTC)
there's one thing i dislike about the game because it kills the immersion for me:

i wish the drivatars would drive more modified cars but only when you do. sometimes i show up in a solo race against drivatars with using a car that has a custom livery or visible upgrades but all my opponents drive cars that look completely stock even when you know their cars had to be modified in order to match the PI of your car. it feels even weirder when as an example you see classic muscle cars still having their jelly suspension even on S2 class while as soon as you hit the auto upgrade with one of those the game puts it as low as it can be. sometimes one of two cars spawn with custom liveries or visible upgrades wich is not enough but also the opposite happened to me: having my car completely stock and as soon as i start the race every drivatar used a higly visually modified car wich also kills the immersion for me. i think it would be much better if custom cars spawned in solo races depending on whether your car has visual upgrades and/or a livery or not instead of having it randomized because they never appear when i want or expect it to do.

there's also some cars that are way overused by the drivatars, i see way too many Huracans in "modern supercars" races, too many E-Types in "rare classics", RS200's in "rally monsters", fords transit supersport in "vans" and all of the 3 starter cars in every type of race. all of these classes have more than enough cars to create a varied grid

Edited by user Wednesday, September 23, 2020 4:50:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: some spelling errors

#107 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 6:25:48 AM(UTC)
Suggestion to FH team : make a little feedback about the reading of that topic created in August after constructive feedback and criticism was requested.

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar (not 100% sure) - Constructive (ok) - Respectful ( ok )
#108 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 6:26:27 AM(UTC)
Suggestion to FH team : make a little feedback about the reading of that topic created in August after constructive feedback and criticism was requested.

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar (not 100% sure) - Constructive (ok) - Respectful ( ok )
#109 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:00:32 AM(UTC)
Looks like the devs did address the exclusive cars issue indirectly with the new Horizon Backstage feature they announced yesterday.

Not quite as far as I'd hoped they would go with adding older vehicles to the autoshow, but at least there's a path forwards to preventing these cars from becoming permanently unavailable if they keep their word of not removing any cars from the backstage and continually adding them until eventually all of them are on there. With the way the playlist is set up with backups that should continue to run even after official support has ended, the passes to unlock the cars should continue to be available indefinitely.

Not sure why they had to add yet another new currency to the game instead of just expanding the Forzathon shop, but at least its something to address the exclusive car problem.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
#110 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:47:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
Looks like the devs did address the exclusive cars issue indirectly with the new Horizon Backstage feature they announced yesterday.

Not quite as far as I'd hoped they would go with adding older vehicles to the autoshow, but at least there's a path forwards to preventing these cars from becoming permanently unavailable if they keep their word of not removing any cars from the backstage and continually adding them until eventually all of them are on there. With the way the playlist is set up with backups that should continue to run even after official support has ended, the passes to unlock the cars should continue to be available indefinitely.

Not sure why they had to add yet another new currency to the game instead of just expanding the Forzathon shop, but at least its something to address the exclusive car problem.

While it's great that they're at least doing something to make these cars more widespread it also shows they have no intentions of making them available in the autoshow one day, if they went through the hassle of coding a new feature, designing UI for it, implementing, testing, etc... it really shows they're set on keeping these cars as they are.
But it's not all that bad, if we ever get to the point where all exclusive cars are available there and post support we can still earn passes to keep collecting them then that's definitely a successful feature.

#111 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:47:37 AM(UTC)
[sorry for the triple post - please remove]

Edited by user Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:49:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#112 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:47:46 AM(UTC)
[sorry for the triple post - please remove]

Edited by user Tuesday, October 13, 2020 9:49:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#113 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 1:21:31 PM(UTC)
Got back into playing FH4. Couple things stick out to me. I thought this was a car game. Didn't realize fashion was something the devs thought we really needed. Love getting a super wheel spin and all three landing on clothes. Maybe in the next version it can be car parts? Something car related at the very least?

Second is it a requirement that I always start at pretty much the back of the pack? I'm not expecting a qualifying lap or run but every race I'm either back row or next to back row. Race starts and the top three cars disappear, I've turned the ai down a bit but still is it a must that the player always start off in the back?

Just my two cents I know some out there probably don't see either of these as issues but just thought I would throw it out there. Enjoying the game again otherwise.
#114 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 1:54:23 PM(UTC)
When it's you v. AI, you always start in position 7 (i think). In multiplayer, it's random, no rhyme or reason.

The clothing thing I heartily agree with. That said, I'd much rather have gotten the racing gear FM7 got.

Edited by user Thursday, October 29, 2020 10:44:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Retraction.

Every train needs a caboose, right?
 1 user liked this post.
#115 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 2:19:27 PM(UTC)
Your starting place depends entirely on the setting for AI difficulty. If you choose unbeatable you start last (except Street where you start 10th as I think they realised the AI is faster at street for some reason). If you choose “new racer” I think you start 4th. There is no way to vary it.
#116 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 2:19:38 PM(UTC)
Your position against Ai depends on the skill level setting. Unbeatable you are further back than Highly skilled. I know because I play the seasonal in Highly Skilled, and then I turn it off to Unbeatable. If I forget to turn on Unbeatable the first thing I notice is that I am nearer the front of the pack.
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error