8 Pages<<678Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#176 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 4:58:44 AM(UTC)
Is there anyone here who can tell us what is going on, and what is happening with the comps?!

Edited by user Monday, May 18, 2020 1:00:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#177 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 2:57:22 AM(UTC)
Gamertag: MackzGamer101
Car: 2003 Renault Sport Clio V6
Description name: RENAULT-JDM
Paint type: RealWorld Original

[img=https://gallery.services.forzamotorsport.net/fh4/photo/6acf15b7-6b63-4111-bb1e-5edba87ffec2][/img]

[img=https://gallery.services.forzamotorsport.net/fh4/photo/eb10bc9b-0dee-4d6c-bcec-eb0afe3dfb9c][/img]

[img=https://gallery.services.forzamotorsport.net/fh4/photo/c0de6420-a1d1-4466-bc32-80398ec5effa][/img]

Edited by user Friday, May 29, 2020 2:59:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#178 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 8:54:41 AM(UTC)
I hope this gets noticed and properly considered.

The new "most likes" idea is NOT ideal. First off, it means submissions have to be entered AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE to have the most people that view it, and therefore increase likes. A slopped together livery with 1000 likes but only 5% of people like it is going to score better than a livery with 50 view but 90% of people like it? How is that fair? Additionally with twitter follower count can have a huge impact with biased votes. A new account with 5 followers isn't going to get nearly as many votes as someone with thousands of follows who tells everyone "go like my post". Heck anyone could spend $5 and buy enough likes to skyrocket to the top of the list. Plus how is twitter vs forum likes even weighted? Equal amounts from both would be promoting posting your livery wherever would has less submissions, and combining them all and taking the most likes promoted posting your livery wherever has the most people. There's no fair or logical way to use two different user bases on two different platforms judge the same thing fairly.

This new judging method not only skews the results, but stops some of the BEST work from even being CONSIDERED. I am far from the skill level of some of the painters here, but I think many would agree with me when I say I believe all those who put in a big enough effort to make a submission should be given a chance.

Might as well add that I think only a 7 day feature isn't too great. There are some REALLY bad designs that have been featured for YEARS because they were simply the first to post and the livery finding mechanic is next to useless for finding good designers. This contest is a way to find those good designs and GET THEM TO PEOPLE, and a mere 7 days instead of the previous unlimited time is greatly dampening that benefit. Even a 30 day or 90 day feature would make it much better and possible give it time to gain traction.
#179 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 10:43:43 AM(UTC)
I think I agree with you on the judging system there but as for the featured designs, I think 7 days is fine, at the very most maybe 14 days tops.

As for the featured ones that have been up for years, it's just the most downloaded/like ones. It's helpful for new players to the game just looking to slap on a new design. If people really want another more designs just search using the 2 keyword search options, or better yet type in something specific into the description.

tbh it's just a bit of a pain to search for a new/interesting design that way but at least we have that option. (Also I think whatever keyword you use it will show the most downloaded/liked at the front of the search)

Glad they're starting up one of the contests at least. I"ve been waiting for photo contests forever... I have way too many photos just waiting to be judged.
Just my two cents.
 2 users liked this post.
#180 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 12:58:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UNIT PRIME 70 Go to Quoted Post
I think I agree with you on the judging system there but as for the featured designs, I think 7 days is fine, at the very most maybe 14 days tops. .

Absolutely off mark there. Okay, here's the deal. If your design that you enter is for an obscure rare car, lets say 812 or a Capri FE, then in those 7 days NOBODY will download your design, 1-2 people at best cause the rate of these cars being acquired does not allow for new acquisitions to be often enough for people to look for liveries en masse. Most people who have this car either have it in livery already and don't want to change it or don't have any livery on it at all and are fine with it. Only people who want new liveries for those cars are ones who just got it. And by the time your 7 day feature runs out you didnt amass enough downloads and likes to be left in popular designs, you're just left with nothing. So that will lead to people just painting on popular cars, which will suck pretty badly, AND it when EVERYBODY is featured on a popular car - nobody is. That's all there is to it.

2 users liked this post.
#181 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 10:35:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UNIT PRIME 70 Go to Quoted Post
I think I agree with you on the judging system there but as for the featured designs, I think 7 days is fine, at the very most maybe 14 days tops.

In previous titles it was permanent.

Go back to Forza Motorsport 6 or Forza Horizon 3 and you'll see that contest winner's designs from years ago are still on the front page. This was an excellent reward for painters regardless of car used, and really motivated them to take part in contents and try out new cars to design.
#182 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:45:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

Go back to Forza Motorsport 6 or Forza Horizon 3 and you'll see that contest winner's designs from years ago are still on the front page.

Not just that, even in Horizon 4 it used to be like this. The winners from the original contests designs are STILL featured. I know my design is still up there first result (sadly for my Forza bank account not on a super popular car)
#183 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:45:33 PM(UTC)
Help I can't delete this message i'm just getting website errors

"There has been a serious error loading the forum. No further information is available.

Please contact the administrator if this message persists."

Edited by user Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:50:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#184 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:45:58 PM(UTC)
Help I can't delete this message i'm just getting website errors

"There has been a serious error loading the forum. No further information is available.

Please contact the administrator if this message persists."

Edited by user Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:50:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#185 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 5:18:50 AM(UTC)
3 of my contest entries have been featured in FH4, I think one with the crude system in the beginning weeks where you weren't really featured. ^^ 2 of my entries are permanently pinned, the longest one has around 160k downloads I think and is the most popular livery for that car. (Which all in all brought me only to rank 11 painter until now btw) I am glad I took part and I am proud of the fact people drive around with the livery I created.. but for a 7 days period, it wouldn't have done much for me or the popularity of the livery, especially my second which is for an unpopular 1940s car. I liked the previous way of judging better, but I can live with whatever you come up with, but 7 days featured "prize" is not worth it at all. To be fair, taking part in a contest just for fun to show of liveries you made anyway, it is nice. But investing more hours in a livery than the time it is featured is absolutely not worth it if you make a livery for a contest exclusively.
#186 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 10:22:38 PM(UTC)
Well, perhaps it is all a moot point, since the every-other-Wednesday schedule appears to have been abandoned already. I would like to think liveries would be judged based upon skill, accuracy, complexity, originality and aesthetics, and not just a social media popularity contest, though.
#187 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 1:54:56 PM(UTC)
Judging based on the work put into the livery, not on subscriber/repost count? What a funny idea. What next? Give the winner a reward that will be proportional to winning contest? Maybe throw in a car of his choice in there too? Ridiculous.

But yeah, I enjoyed taking part in competitions, I enjoyed winning, I loved getting exclusive cars ive missed out on as a reward, but with the last contest I've stopped caring, really. I think the devs know that h4 has ran it's course and are dedicating themselves to the next forza, so we're here just waiting for the game to die off
 3 users liked this post.
#188 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 1:59:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PlumCrazy010 Go to Quoted Post
Well, perhaps it is all a moot point, since the every-other-Wednesday schedule appears to have been abandoned already...

Originally Posted by: RBXGT2 Go to Quoted Post
... But yeah, I enjoyed taking part in competitions, I enjoyed winning, I loved getting exclusive cars ive missed out on as a reward, but with the last contest I've stopped caring, really...

Considering the lack of information regarding the most recent Comp’s results, it’s hard not to share your apathy.

Add to that, the post below taken from Max’s thread - according to the link, it’s been running on Twitter since 21st September but only appeared on the official forums 2 days ago. The deadline is today (2nd October).

I checked before writing this so apologies if I missed notification of this Comp. somewhere on these boards - in any case I would’ve thought that a design Comp. celebrating the 2nd Anniversary of the Game would be worth promoting in the Official forum’s Community Events section.

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
FH4 Anniversary Livery Submissions

Quote:
Two whole years at the FH4 Festival! It's our birthday and that means we want GIFTS!

Show us your designs for the official 2-year anniversary livery. We'll choose a winner and their design will be featured in game, and the Share Code given out here for everyone to enjoy!

Quote:
We're closing up entries for the 2 Year Anniversary livery on Friday Oct 2! Get your designs in below before then!

https://twitter.com/Forz...atus/1311049109122494464

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#189 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2020 11:59:38 AM(UTC)
I am maxed out on tunes and have been posting screenshots and in a few clubs. How do i enter screenshots and/or in my designs. I'm a little confused by my designs designated Forza Livery and cars i've named and saved. I'm getting lots of likes in chats and more and more downloads. I've been using Forza since Forza 5 and Horizon 2. A little info would help. (I'm a level 18 tuner) Love the games.
#190 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2020 12:07:27 PM(UTC)
I am maxed out on tunes and have been posting screenshots and in a few clubs. How do i enter screenshots and/or in my designs. I'm a little confused by my designs designated Forza Livery and cars i've named and saved. I'm getting lots of likes in chats and more and more downloads. I've been using Forza since Forza 5 and Horizon 2. A little info would help. (I'm a level 18 tuner) Love the games. This is the first I've heard of these contests. I have a few screenshots that look like photographs of actual cars.
 2 users liked this post.
#191 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 8:46:06 PM(UTC)
What happened to the last contest? Who were the winners?
#192 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 10:22:32 AM(UTC)
Maybe they forgot their login credentials to the forum?
8 Pages<<678Prev

Notification

Icon
Error