22 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#126 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 4:05:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Coopracing Go to Quoted Post

I'll try and give you you a faster ghost to chase later tonight.

Ha ha, as it turns out I don't think that was really all that necessary, run a load of laps tonight and not come all that close to beating my current time. I may have to jump ship and start trying some other cars/ tunes - but that will have to wait for another evening.

Rob - update, I'm now 16th of my friends list lol - having been overtaken by Indy & some other chaps setting times - I've only got myself to blame for adding a load of the quick chaps in recent weeks.

@ Burnin - the first corner and chicane are pretty key - or they are for me, to have any chance of keeping up with some of these guys - it's painful to do but you can at least rewind from just beyond the chicane to over the start finish line and have another go, should you clip a wall (or get your braking wrong for the first corner).

Once I've got that down, it's just braking for the big sweeper after the bridge & the last turn/ switchback I need to get right - not as easy as it sounds as it turns out. ;)

2 users liked this post.
#127 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 8:37:46 PM(UTC)

Thought I'd change it up a bit. Ran a 1:00.691 in the '92 NSX-R

1 user liked this post.
#128 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 5:09:34 AM(UTC)
Completely unrelated to the current event: Have we run Birth of Grand Prix cars at all? Would be a lot of fun on something evil like Hockenheim or Brands Hatch in the rain. Monza, maybe. Something with vintage character that's murderously unsuited to overpowered nuclear submarines on bicycle tires.
 1 user liked this post.
#129 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 5:41:04 AM(UTC)
Haven't had a chance to have another run yet, but set my time using an older tune from Fifty in the NSX-05

Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
Rob - update, I'm now 16th of my friends list lol - having been overtaken by Indy & some other chaps setting times - I've only got myself to blame for adding a load of the quick chaps in recent weeks.

I know that feeling but you kind of have to otherwise you end up with large gaps between friends. Several of the people on my friends list came from Horizon 3 (my first HLC) where I would regularly finish beating one rival only to have the next one 10 or more seconds up the road (usually Moss or PrKid).

Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Completely unrelated to the current event: Have we run Birth of Grand Prix cars at all? Would be a lot of fun on something evil like Hockenheim or Brands Hatch in the rain. Monza, maybe. Something with vintage character that's murderously unsuited to overpowered nuclear submarines on bicycle tires.

Mr P, after a quick check through the links to the earlier FM7 HLCs, I think we've only run 'Rebirth of Grand Prix' at Hockenheim National under homologated rules. I'm sure Moss or PrKid can confirm that.
#130 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 8:31:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post

YES....@ Hock National (A625), S1

PRKid

Edited by user Saturday, October 3, 2020 8:38:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 4 users liked this post.
#131 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 11:07:06 AM(UTC)
Whole second... 1:02:962! 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#132 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 1:08:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post

Nice improvement Chris.
Was just about to say my improvement was a whole 0.09 of a second after about 30 laps tonight, until I swapped back to the 05 NSX. Down to 1:01.587 😮, just a tenth of DamMe (until he runs again) 😰
 1 user liked this post.
#133 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 3:12:33 PM(UTC)
How's it going fella's. Had a go with the NSX 05, clocked a 01:00.7. Hopefully a bit more to come. Target is under 1 minute! 🤞🤞🤞
 1 user liked this post.
#134 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 3:40:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Count Russcular Go to Quoted Post
How's it going fella's. Had a go with the NSX 05, clocked a 01:00.7. Hopefully a bit more to come. Target is under 1 minute! 🤞🤞🤞

Nice runs....👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#135 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2020 6:09:44 AM(UTC)
Not getting squat for time this week. Did a quick 'n' dirty build on a '04 Porsche, spun about a dozen laps, and called it a day. I did do a bit of refinement to it afterwards (mostly to get the PI up to A700), but didn't get a chance to re-run it. Will see about getting it in acceptable trim later on, but it for sure won't be in time for this week's event.

Current best: 1:03.3xx

I did run a clean 1:02.8 while testing, and I suspect with a bit more time on Prague I could get that down into the 1:01 range without much difficulty. The track's pretty disjointed (even for a fantasy track), and I'm having a real hard time getting any kind of rhythm going for a good majority of it. Oddly enough, the chicane that everyone else seems to hate is the only part of the track I'm actually comfortable with.
 1 user liked this post.
#136 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2020 10:54:50 AM(UTC)
Managed to get a decent lap in, in the 1:02's with the controller.
Did about 20 laps with the wheel, got into the 1:03.4xx and feel like I have higher speeds through several corners as I can feel the grip of the car, but didn't manage to beat my time.
 1 user liked this post.
#137 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2020 1:02:16 PM(UTC)
Glad it's not just me struggling.

Had a session where I ran both NSX's then went back to the Viper and then back to the NSX '05 again - many, many laps later finally a clean 1:00.921

And breathe, aaah

Edited by user Sunday, October 4, 2020 1:03:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#138 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2020 2:01:03 PM(UTC)
finally a clean 1:00.921

And breathe, aaah

......👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#139 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 9:18:00 AM(UTC)
I've managed to eke out to 1:00.808 - I've been level with Razzi coming in to the last corner only to mess up. There's not much left on the table for someone with my skills, pretty much reached my limit with my current car/ set up.

Should be surprised to be so close to Coop amongst overs - but still frustrating as . . . . enjoying the challenge but dang it's not easy.

Have you guys in the 59's shared your tunes? If I am going to jump ship to another car, be good to have a go to tune to try.

EDIT:

Updated time - 1:00.699 - was well ahead of Coop after the chicane but he get's a better drive off the corner on to the bridge, so starts clawing it back in to the scary braking zone for the sweeper, just about manage to hang on to it through there and the switchback but he still get's a better drive off the last turn - just ahead enough to maintain it over the line.

I realise it's only a matter of time before he runs again and pushes me down but for now, go team DamMe!

Edited by user Monday, October 5, 2020 1:15:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Managed to not hit every wall on the track for at least one lap ;)

#140 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 1:16:19 PM(UTC)
I've managed to eke out to 1:00808 - I've been level with Razzi coming in to the last corner only to mess up. There's not much left on the table for someone with my skills, pretty much reached my limit with my current car/ set up.

Should be surprised to be so close to Coop amongst overs - but still frustrating as . . . . enjoying the challenge but dang it's not easy.

Have you guys in the 59's shared your tunes? If I am going to jump ship to another car, be good to have a go to tune to try.

I see minsons has shared his 02 Corvette tune which is good for a 59.446. Good enough for 6th in the world.

The car I've got on best with (shockingly) is the 05 NSX using an old tune by FRA FancyFace. I've managed a 1:00:637 with this tune, although there is plenty more in it.

Very frustrating track this. I have managed plenty of faster dirty laps approaching a sub one-minute time but its always the damn chicane, or exceeding track limits near the end of the lap at that right hander. It's just masochism now as I keep telling myself I'll be able to put a perfect lap together...eventually.

Perhaps we could make the next round Nurb GP to coincide with this weekends F1 race?
#141 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 1:34:27 PM(UTC)
I gave Minson's Vette a quick run earlier in between updates, I was surprised how well it handles for the handling rating - but I still couldn't get on with it quite as well as the '05 NSX - I'm using the same tune Liam - Coop who I've just overtaken by the skin of my teeth is running one of Moss's tunes - I really should give that a go as well to be fair.

I've hit just about every wall on the track, as well as drifted a millimetre (or feels like it) outside the track limits on most corners at some point - so I totally know where you're coming from. Still, these short tracks have a definite one more go feel to them. I feel like I've run the Nurb GP track recently, just not sure why lol - might just be me
#142 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 1:51:10 PM(UTC)
I gave Minson's Vette a quick run earlier in between updates, I was surprised how well it handles for the handling rating - but I still couldn't get on with it quite as well as the '05 NSX - I'm using the same tune Liam - Coop who I've just overtaken by the skin of my teeth is running one of Moss's tunes - I really should give that a go as well to be fair.

I've hit just about every wall on the track, as well as drifted a millimetre (or feels like it) outside the track limits on most corners at some point - so I totally know where you're coming from. Still, these short tracks have a definite one more go feel to them. I feel like I've run the Nurb GP track recently, just not sure why lol - might just be me

Your right Nurb GP was week 2 but I started late so I missed that round.
#143 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 2:00:27 PM(UTC)
Ah well, that explains that then - before these kicked off, I was randomly running tracks, trying to get better with my wheel. Nothing as focused as these though, I'd probably just set a new PB and move on in most cases. Nothing like a bit of friendly rivalry to get me really pushing myself.
 1 user liked this post.
#144 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 2:42:33 PM(UTC)
I've shared my GT-R tune if anybody wants to give it a try,
#145 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 12:06:15 PM(UTC)
Ending this week with 1:01.587 using the 05 NSX
#146 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 12:34:40 PM(UTC)
I'm not far off throwing the towel in as well, I've spent a couple of hours lapping tonight and not managed to improve despite a couple of promising attempts. Will probably still run again tomorrow evening but losing hope of improving further or by much, pretty much think I've peaked.

Fair play to Coop who has improved once again to give me another ghost to chase , not that I have a shortage lol. Still that's what these challenges are all about, going as fast as you think you can, then going a smidge faster.
#147 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 3:42:44 PM(UTC)
A LOT of laps between Monday and Tuesday off and on with RL... with nary an improvement to show for it. I am sure we all remember the Old New York Circuit which I am convinced Turn 10 took bits and bobs of ( in this case “The Chicane from Hell” ) to recycle into Prague and the other fantasy tracks. Time is not on my side anymore so I am going to have to pull into the pits. Anyways....

Official time..... Prague Short R...... Honda NSX ‘05....... HLR BURNINASPHALT...... 1:02:842
#148 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 9:49:43 AM(UTC)
Squeezed in another run with the Ferrari 360 using the controller: 1:01.943
Sub 1:02 time, quite pleased with that, running my own tune that is balanced to suit my driving style and not "build to order" for this specific track.
 2 users liked this post.
#149 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 10:12:13 AM(UTC)
I'm not far off throwing the towel in as well, I've spent a couple of hours lapping tonight and not managed to improve despite a couple of promising attempts. Will probably still run again tomorrow evening but losing hope of improving further or by much, pretty much think I've peaked.

Fair play to Coop who has improved once again to give me another ghost to chase , not that I have a shortage lol. Still that's what these challenges are all about, going as fast as you think you can, then going a smidge faster.

I had also more or less given up...but obviously went back to it today and saw that PTG Greek had went 2nd fastest with a 95 Corvette. Well I'll have to give it a run I thought and quickly managed to improve my best time to a 1:00.321. It wasn't even a super lap either, I did a big long power slide around the corner where those bollard things are but still improved my previous time in the NSX by about three tenths. Give it a go and I'm sure you might see an improvement. It's a real nice tune, handling is quite tight but I think stability is what you want for this track.
 2 users liked this post.
#150 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 12:03:56 PM(UTC)
Best turnout to date in Season 4 with 29 drivers. It also turned out that a variety of cars from the division could get the job done, a pleasant change from having one dominant car.

The final leaderboard:

1st place: PTG Greek
2nd place: minsons
3rd place: HLR PRKid
Great driving guys!

For week 5 we are off to Long Beach to run the cars that Mr Pinstripes suggested, The Birth of Grand Prix. Should be fun!

Week 5
Long Beach East, A700, Cars restricted to The Birth Of Grand Prix Division
Event will close on Wednesday, 14th October at 9pm UK time.

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Birth of Grand Prix

1957 Maserati 250F
1952 Ferrari 375
1950 Alfa Romeo 158
1948 Ferrari 166 Inter Sport
1939 Maserati 8CTF
1939 Auto Union Type D
1939 Mercedes-Benz W154
1934 Alfa Romeo P3
1932 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Spider
1926 Bugatti Type 35 C

Since we last ran this division in Season 1, Turn 10 have added 2 new, and very interesting looking cars. We are unlikely to be challenging the leaders this week, but how far into the top 100 can we push them? The 2 oldest cars cannot be built to A700, but the Alfa comes close, and looks fantastic!

I wonder how much the '48 Ferrari 166MM Barchetta (currently sat at #9) varies from it's stablemate, the '48 Ferrari 166 Inter Sport?

This could be an interesting week, and I can't wait to get the new cars on track! Thanks for the suggestion Mr P!
22 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error