21 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#101 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 11:49:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post

New PB 49:883
Happy days, still away behind Wan but edging nearer

Nice time DamMe, don't think I'm going to catch you (best I've run was a dirty 50.4) but it's good to see most of us are within a second of each other.
 1 user liked this post.
#102 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 1:15:51 PM(UTC)
Yeah, the midfield runners are pretty tight knit. I had overtaken GDR Burro with that last time but he;s since leapfrogged me again. with a 49:729 I'm just a fraction off with 49:758 on my last run.

At this point, think I'd have to be super lucky to catch Wan, Fifty isn't that far up the road though on his 49:689 (but I suspect he can go quicker).

Liam is also just a whisker ahead with his 49:715.

Great little car Moss, thanks for sharing - having a blast in it so far but I think I'm out of laps for the night.

Edited by user Sunday, September 27, 2020 1:57:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#103 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 7:42:52 AM(UTC)
All done. Despite the fun I've had, i need to step away from this track.

49.564 Alfa Romeo GTA

Been down a rabbit hole the last day or so. Playing around with a lot of the cars. Quite a few not suited to the track but still bloody good fun to drive. On earlies this week so will hopefully get a good start on the next one. Nice times everyone.
 2 users liked this post.
#104 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 9:46:15 AM(UTC)
Moved the sticks... 51:322
 1 user liked this post.
#105 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 12:47:24 PM(UTC)
Looking like I'm not going to get another pass at this. Got a revision of my setup done over the weekend, then work decided that 12-14 hours a day was a reasonable expectation for the week. Was easily keeping pace with my ghost after a couple laps, so I don't think 0:50.5 would be out of reach.
 4 users liked this post.
#106 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 10:18:45 AM(UTC)
I think I'm done. . . .

But get in 49:563!

Tried a quick cosmo build, couldn't get along with it in the time left. Swapped back to the GTA but tried another tune this time by Minsons. Not as comfortable a drive as Moss's tune but has a smidge more acceleration - which helped me through the latter part of the lap no end.

Now to get something to eat lol. Got in from work, realising it was Wednesday and the last chance saloon on this event, so been at it solid and just about enough time left, to grab a bite before the next one kicks off.
 2 users liked this post.
#107 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 10:43:06 AM(UTC)
Ran hard and fast today.... red hot with 3 PBs..... but could NOT catch hansonalanrob..... came within 00:391.... SO CLOSE 🥺

Super fun week in Spain..... excellent times by all 👍

Official time..... Cataluyna School..... HLR BURNINASPHALT...... Mazda Cosmo...... 00:50:814
 1 user liked this post.
#108 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 11:07:13 AM(UTC)
To be fair Burnin, I think you're only 0:209 behind Rob looking at the LB.

I'd say don't give up but time is against you this week - I thought I had a decent time on this board before this challenge started & you're 0:7 up on that time (which I might have taken at the start of the challenge).

On a side note - I've added a load of you guys tonight, so I can track the LB's easier in game. Feel free to do the same.
 1 user liked this post.
#109 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 11:21:56 AM(UTC)
To be fair Burnin, I think you're only 0:209 behind Rob looking at the LB.

I'd say don't give up but time is against you this week - I thought I had a decent time on this board before this challenge started & you're 0:7 up on that time (which I might have taken at the start of the challenge).

On a side note - I've added a load of you guys tonight, so I can track the LB's easier in game. Feel free to do the same.

Thanks for the correction ... I got that number off my best lap vs his ghost earlier and after posting I realized the margin was closer than that. 😉
 4 users liked this post.
#110 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:03:56 PM(UTC)
Another excellent week of close racing, with 28 drivers hitting the track. The Cosmo was predictably the fastest car, but the Alfa GTA pushed it close.

The final leaderboard:

1st place: PTG Greek
2nd place: HLR PRKid
3rd place: HLR Bubba
But minsons was only 2 thousandths behind Bubba!
Great driving guys!

For week 4 we are off to Prague to run another short track.

Week 4
Prague Short Reverse, A700, Cars restricted to Sport GT Icons Division
Event will close on Wednesday, 7th October at 9pm UK time.

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Sport GT Icons

2005 Honda NSX-R
2005 TVR Sagaris
2004 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
2004 Porsche 911 GT3
2003 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello
2002 Lotus Esprit V8
2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
2000 BMW Z8
1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
1998 Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600
1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec
1995 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM
1995 Porsche 911 GT2
1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo
1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S Leichtbau
1992 Honda NSX-R
1988 Lamborghini Jalpa
1984 Ferrari 288 GTO
1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3

23 cars. The '02 Corvette must be a strong contender, but the '05 NSX is the highest placed car at the start.
 2 users liked this post.
#111 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:07:09 PM(UTC)
I think I'm done. . . .

But get in 49:563!

Nice job. Beat me by 0.001 ... That's about as close as it gets. Fun week.

1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:08:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
The '02 Corvette must be a strong contender, but the '05 NSX is the highest placed car at the start.

Don't forget the Sagaris and duo of GTR's. Along with the Viper...... Should be a good one!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:09:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#113 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 1:16:47 PM(UTC)
I already had a time on the board in the '99 Viper managed to beat that to get 1:02.322 so I'm at least on the LB for this week. We'll see how it goes from here.

Indy - all I can say is - I was at least as surprised as you are!
 2 users liked this post.
#114 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 1:29:40 PM(UTC)
Starting off with 1:02.846 Nissan GTR '02.
Ran with the Yellow Shark livery. Wonder how many people remember what that was here in Forzaland?

Looks like another interesting week. Loving running cars I havent touched in ages, if at all.
#115 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 2:24:38 PM(UTC)
I like Viper too but since I’m pressed for time at moment and didn’t have any to spare for a build..... 😆... jumped in a 95 Nissan GT-R for 1:08:261 so on board at least. This is going to be another super fun week. Love this track but need to learn the reverse layout... 😗
 1 user liked this post.
#116 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 8:00:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: R5R Indy Go to Quoted Post

Ran with the Yellow Shark livery. Wonder how many people remember what that was here in Forzaland?

Yup, AWESOME paint!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#117 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 6:24:20 AM(UTC)
Had some time today so tested a few more..... the 05 NSX is my best of the lot and may be one I’ll be running this week after all..... 🧐

Now to spend some time outside enjoying (said sarcastically) raking leaves and taking dog for a ride and walk to really enjoy things..... 😗
 1 user liked this post.
#118 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 10:07:04 AM(UTC)
Been very uncompetitive so far, let's see what this week brings.
Probably my favorite car class, I have a lot of balanced wheel tunes up in this class. Will give them all a try.
Have done a couple of banker laps in two Ferraris, track is really treacherous but fun challenge.

Edited by user Thursday, October 1, 2020 10:31:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#119 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 12:36:09 PM(UTC)
Managed to stick with the Viper and produce a respectable 1:01.493 currently 56th in the world & 13th on my friends list - dang. You think you've done well and look at your friends list and you're in the top 59% lol. Oh well I was happy with it up until that point!

Indy - I remember the Yellow Shark - was it Gearbox? I'm not 100% on that and think it spawned a whole host of shark paints shortly after it. I wasn't massively involved in the early days of the TM on fm2 but sort of got in the back door when NBT decided to branch out from the fantasy section back in the day. Good times.
#120 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 1:15:06 PM(UTC)
Spent some time playing with both the Ferrari 288 and the Ferrari 360, stripping and rebuilding. In the end went back to an old tune for the 360 and recorded 1:02.791.

Mr D, you must have some fast friends if you're 13th in your list. You are currently 7th in mine, just behind Coopracing
 2 users liked this post.
#121 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 1:57:42 PM(UTC)
Managed to stick with the Viper and produce a respectable 1:01.493 currently 56th in the world & 13th on my friends list - dang. You think you've done well and look at your friends list and you're in the top 59% lol. Oh well I was happy with it up until that point!

Indy - I remember the Yellow Shark - was it Gearbox? I'm not 100% on that and think it spawned a whole host of shark paints shortly after it. I wasn't massively involved in the early days of the TM on fm2 but sort of got in the back door when NBT decided to branch out from the fantasy section back in the day. Good times.

Nice time DamMe. Getting super frustrated with the chicane at Prague as always. Hitting 1:01.5's often in freeplay. As soon as I switch to rivals I start to struggle.

Latest time. 1:02.021 Honda NSX-R '05. Probably need to play around with the build a bit. Think there is more time in it for me.

Yes it was Gearbox with the Yellow Shark. Very sought after item back in the days of FM2. You are right, they were good times. Still have the soundtrack ingrained in my head. Had to build each car component by component, load the tune onto it, then the paint, then put it on the auction house. You would spend a few hours putting 20 or 30 on the Auction House and they would all be gone by the morning. Thats why the garages back then were so successful. You would have tuners, builders, painters and sellers all working together. Could be rose tinted spectacles but the community was much more closely knit back then.

#122 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 2:13:07 PM(UTC)
Rob, I've come off the game to watch a movie but a lot of my faster friends from ECT are pretty high up there on this track, including Loco who tuned the car I'm using at the moment.

Coop was the ghost I was chasing when I gave up for the night, if I'm to beat him in that car with his current time, I need to really nail the first sector to have any chance. Every time I did that I managed to become a wall magnet later on in the lap. Hence me taking a break lol.

I should be back on it tomorrow evening, I like the track but it's a goldilocks track, you can't go too hot or two cold in to a lot of the corners, you have to get it just right or lose a bucketload of time.
 1 user liked this post.
#123 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 4:39:40 PM(UTC)
Rob, I've come off the game to watch a movie but a lot of my faster friends from ECT are pretty high up there on this track, including Loco who tuned the car I'm using at the moment.

Coop was the ghost I was chasing when I gave up for the night, if I'm to beat him in that car with his current time, I need to really nail the first sector to have any chance. Every time I did that I managed to become a wall magnet later on in the lap. Hence me taking a break lol.

I should be back on it tomorrow evening, I like the track but it's a goldilocks track, you can't go too hot or two cold in to a lot of the corners, you have to get it just right or lose a bucketload of time.

I'll try and give you you a faster ghost to chase later tonight.
#124 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 5:52:12 PM(UTC)
I’m stuck in the 1:04:xxx range...... frustrated by the chicane as it is proving to be my nemesis. The handful of times I got things right there and was comfortably ahead; I went into panic mode and caught stone the super tight right just before heading onto the bridge and watched my ghost scream by and pull out of reach. So gave up before my custom controller (that was a Christmas present) became a victim of the dark side..... 😖
 1 user liked this post.
#125 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 3:24:05 PM(UTC)
Got the 🐵 off my back and got the chicane figured out.... new PB 1:03:9xx
21 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error