4 Pages1234PrevNext
#51 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 5:35:23 PM(UTC)
Small update on PC didn't fix the triple take when leaving the garage. Really annoying. Otherwise everything seems okay.
#52 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 1:47:51 AM(UTC)
Another thing to add to the list on the xbox.
Deleting rival messages, the game crashes to the home screen and closes.
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 2:00:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: METALWARRIOR241 Go to Quoted Post
You're never going to see a proper fix for this game that will stop all issues and overall make everything run smooth. If you want to see everything in a Forza game work properly, then wait for FM8 to launch. Alll of the issues with FH4 have more than likely stemmed from its 2 year lifespan and programming being stretched to the breaking point.

More likely the problem is shared arrays. You can make programs work individually in subroutines....

HouseCam(No,X,Y,Z)

So that the house cam will never move if you alter another part of the program. However it did move when the programmers created the Lego Update. Which can only mean that they used a shared array like this...

CamPosition(X,Y,Z)

If you alter one part of a program, and it bugs another part of the program it will be because the two part of the program shared something which should never happen.
#54 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 2:16:28 AM(UTC)
I reported two bugs here, anyone else have those problems?
https://forums.forzamoto...Resume.aspx#post_1173790
 2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 7:34:44 AM(UTC)
Also sometime the menu button don't work ingame anymore :(. Also had som graphical glitches I've never had before.
#56 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 7:52:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EinarN Go to Quoted Post
Also sometime the menu button don't work ingame anymore :(. Also had som graphical glitches I've never had before.

This:
https://forums.forzamoto...-pause.aspx#post_1173790
#57 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 7:55:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
My car looked cleaner and brighter and all the graphics were smoother and crispier. I wonder if PG have been updating some of the graphics. It also took longer to enter my garage at the main Horizon site but it's only happened the first time I've done something new. Whatever - thank you PG I'm happy. For me the graphics are definitely an improvement.

Is anybody else getting the following problem on PC? I am running the game with settings that are comfortable for my hardware - 1440P, High, 60fps. The game runs with only 50% or so of the GPU in use according to the in-game FPS counter / GPU %, and Task Manager backs this up, showing the GPU not to be stressed at all. The CPU, RAM, GPU VRAM are all also well within max. But after I've been playing for a while, maybe an hour, the frame rate won't hold 60fps any more, and it just gets progressively worse, till it's often down in the 40s and I have to restart the game. I restart the game and everything is fine again for a while, then the frame rate starts dropping again. Task Manager doesn't show any element of the hardware to be maxed out while the frame rate is low, and the in-game FPS / GPU % still only shows around 50% of the GPU being used. If they have changed something with the graphics, maybe it's causing this problem.

I had similar feeling few days ago on Xbox one X and was thinking if it's the update for Series X. Because Horizon 4 holds 60 FPS pretty well usually.
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 9:24:01 AM(UTC)

Same here just now, went on and couldn't pause, bring the map up, rewind or even go into photo mode, couldn't do anything except drive around and enter races.
 4 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 1:21:38 PM(UTC)
Just had that again myself, alt+f4 to the rescue.

Then the routine of starting the game:

Click on the game icon
Wait for the loud unskippable splash screens to finish
Now the game sits there waiting for you to press a button before it will load. So you press a button.
The menu comes up, I select audio and turn on streamer mode, which reduces some but not most of the music in-game.
Tell the game to load a third time.
Game loads, press B three times to get to free roam so I can actually access the menu I want to access, to enter a race lobby.
Drive or fast travel away from the festival because it's the only way of getting away from the music, which you aren't allowed to turn off, or turn down.

Is that a well-designed system? I think there is room for improvement myself.
#60 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 2:18:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post

Same here just now, went on and couldn't pause, bring the map up, rewind or even go into photo mode, couldn't do anything except drive around and enter races.

experience same while resuming after having stopped the game while being racing online. resuming from offline seems ok.
If I go in Xbox menu while being online ( check message ... ) and miss the next race, then going to FR waiting for next race, game sound is gone.

If graphical glitches ( kind of reloading of the go to car sequence ) are referenced in known issues, this pause menu unavailable is not. I guess it is related to the difficulty to demonstrate it
#61 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 12:56:34 PM(UTC)
Am I the only one, whose screen is reloading when I quit the house or enter an adventure? My platform is xbox
#62 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 8:11:34 AM(UTC)
I'm playing on a console. The camera angle bug is still there when exiting the main festival site or a house and is irritating but for me the rest of the game is still playable.

One thing I've noticed is that after the camera angle sweep, the small circle in the bottom right hand corner keeps rotating. It seems to be stuck in a never ending loop.

If I ignore it, further problems occur subsequently. A quick way to get rid of the rotating circle is to fast travel somewhere. This makes the circle disappear and possibly prevents further annoyances until I next enter and exit the main festival site or a house or restart the game.

Hopefully it will get patched in due course.
#63 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 8:47:37 AM(UTC)
When I exit the game at Lake Lodge, and then start later it has the buttons not working.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 1:53:04 AM(UTC)
unfortunately the latest update is full of bug we have covered and uncovered yet..seems like turn10 pushed the self destruction button or smthing...
 2 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 8:58:33 AM(UTC)
Is anybody else getting the following problem on PC? I am running the game with settings that are comfortable for my hardware - 1440P, High, 60fps. The game runs with only 50% or so of the GPU in use according to the in-game FPS counter / GPU %, and Task Manager backs this up, showing the GPU not to be stressed at all. The CPU, RAM, GPU VRAM are all also well within max. But after I've been playing for a while, maybe an hour, the frame rate won't hold 60fps any more, and it just gets progressively worse, till it's often down in the 40s and I have to restart the game. I restart the game and everything is fine again for a while, then the frame rate starts dropping again. Task Manager doesn't show any element of the hardware to be maxed out while the frame rate is low, and the in-game FPS / GPU % still only shows around 50% of the GPU being used. If they have changed something with the graphics, maybe it's causing this problem.

My graphics driver was only about a month old, but I tried updating to the new nVidia driver and it looks like it might have fixed this problem. I played for a while, and didn't encounter it, and I think I played for long enough that it has been happening in that time previously.
#66 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 7:26:54 AM(UTC)
This seems to be oddly tied to audio cos I set my system to 96khz 24 bit and it stopped doing it. Interesting.
#67 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 9:58:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
This seems to be oddly tied to audio cos I set my system to 96khz 24 bit and it stopped doing it. Interesting.

Yes I think they have fixed all of the game sound problems.
#68 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 11:46:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

I just had a sound problem I've never had before. After the Trial, the radio music became garbled and slowed down. After a while, it sped back up and became clear again, but the game crashed.
#69 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 5:54:27 PM(UTC)
IIRC when you first leave the garage the game will repeat the action 3 times. It's harmless, but annoying. Hoping for a hotfix.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#70 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 11:14:02 AM(UTC)

My graphics driver was only about a month old, but I tried updating to the new nVidia driver and it looks like it might have fixed this problem. I played for a while, and didn't encounter it, and I think I played for long enough that it has been happening in that time previously.

Yep, i had the same issue, Framerate was dropping after a few hours of gaming on PC with NVidia GPU. Updated to latest driver (456.55) and issue is resolved

#71 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 5:20:56 AM(UTC)
Do any of you guys and girls have had this happen to you? where you go through the exit "slide" reset two and three times?
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 5:23:32 AM(UTC)
I'm still having the camera loop 2 or 3 times and sometimes can't access the main menu for a bit and then I can later on. Xbox One S. Any word on when this will be fixed?
Playing Forza since FM2
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 10:13:03 AM(UTC)

They haven't fixed the too-loud BMW. Nor the too-loud splash screen sounds. Nor the fact we can't turn the in-game music off, or down. Those are all problems.
#74 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 10:21:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

They haven't fixed the too-loud BMW. Nor the too-loud splash screen sounds. Nor the fact we can't turn the in-game music off, or down. Those are all problems.
Most definitely agree!

#75 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 8:53:41 AM(UTC)
Today I got the scene like joining online with the car moving alone... in the middle of a free roam.

Yes, I was just going around looking how sliding was my car on ice and all of sudden, movie mode, car positioning itself like for online CS start and then back to normal.
I don't know what they did but it looks like the kind of bug either you fix in a min or you spend weeks trying to sort out.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error