4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 1:08:00 PM(UTC)
Yeah is still there. Is it just me or the bug appear only in Live? When I'm in Solo mode everything seems ok.
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 3:32:01 PM(UTC)
I have found that also does the stutter swoop if you are playing solo mode and switch to online, or if you're online and you choose "find a new session." You could be speeding around while finding a new session, as soon as session is found then the car goes into hard braking and then it will do the stutter swoop
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 3:50:55 PM(UTC)
In addition to this, has anyone had problems triggering the weekly challenge? I had to jump to Fortune Island to get it to start after which it was fine.
#29 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 5:02:46 AM(UTC)
Some thorough testing would save them some headaches and bad PR.

I can't (I can, unfortunately) believe they haven't figured this out yet after so many bugged updates.

The devs are good. It's a good game overall. The graphics are top notch but the place must be run by clowns.
#30 Posted: : Friday, September 25, 2020 5:58:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
My car looked cleaner and brighter and all the graphics were smoother and crispier. I wonder if PG have been updating some of the graphics. It also took longer to enter my garage at the main Horizon site but it's only happened the first time I've done something new. Whatever - thank you PG I'm happy. For me the graphics are definitely an improvement.

Is anybody else getting the following problem on PC? I am running the game with settings that are comfortable for my hardware - 1440P, High, 60fps. The game runs with only 50% or so of the GPU in use according to the in-game FPS counter / GPU %, and Task Manager backs this up, showing the GPU not to be stressed at all. The CPU, RAM, GPU VRAM are all also well within max. But after I've been playing for a while, maybe an hour, the frame rate won't hold 60fps any more, and it just gets progressively worse, till it's often down in the 40s and I have to restart the game. I restart the game and everything is fine again for a while, then the frame rate starts dropping again. Task Manager doesn't show any element of the hardware to be maxed out while the frame rate is low, and the in-game FPS / GPU % still only shows around 50% of the GPU being used. If they have changed something with the graphics, maybe it's causing this problem.
#31 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 6:12:46 AM(UTC)
I haven't noticed any problems like that but now you've mentioned it I'll look out for it happening.
#32 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 7:55:33 AM(UTC)
the game just updated again with 457 or something mb hotfix update..bug still continues but not as a loop..it just do that only 1 time after leaving the house EVERYTIME..so there is still some problem left

edit: the game crashed then restarted..but now there is no loop or problem.. everything normal as before

Edited by user Friday, September 25, 2020 8:29:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 10:33:35 AM(UTC)
Just to add, if you switch apps without quitting the game for an extended amount of time, once you go back to the game it’s impossible to get to the start menu without force quitting. Not too big a deal, but it’s there.

It’s actually funny all these people saying “wElL iF yOu wOUlD jUsT tEsT iT” as if every update for almost every game doesn’t have a few bugs that become present. Jesus you people are entitled to perfection ain’t ya?
#34 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 10:41:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Just to add, if you switch apps without quitting the game for an extended amount of time, once you go back to the game it’s impossible to get to the start menu without force quitting. Not too big a deal, but it’s there.

It’s actually funny all these people saying “wElL iF yOu wOUlD jUsT tEsT iT” as if every update for almost every game doesn’t have a few bugs that become present. Jesus you people are entitled to perfection ain’t ya?

Programs are not meant to be written so that alteration effect other parts of the game such as the Lego camera messing up the camera in the houses. So these mistakes aren't meant to happen.
 4 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 12:03:03 PM(UTC)
No update news on the main page, no update news on the forum, nothing on the support site (no release notes or anything).
Is it just me not being able to find it, or is there just nothing there?

Also, why push updates that break the game? Are they tested?
It was finally running more or less stable. Took a long time in FH4, lets not even start to talk about FM7 (yes different studio, but still).

At this point, make it more or less stable and then make it end of life and leave those of us still here in peace with what we have.
Don't let the interns push buggy updates while the rest is working on FH 5 and FM8 for the next gen consoles.
#36 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 1:43:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OdinThe1337 Go to Quoted Post

Also, why push updates that break the game?

Can you still play the game? If so then it’s not a game breaking bug. I know I can still play. As well as other people who’ve posted here since most of the bugs involve actually being in the game.
 3 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 2:01:29 PM(UTC)

Also, why push updates that break the game?

Can you still play the game? If so then it’s not a game breaking bug. I know I can still play. As well as other people who’ve posted here since most of the bugs involve actually being in the game.

Hey look, the intern has a forum account.
#38 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 3:34:37 PM(UTC)
Had the same issues as mentioned above with the loop glitch, after update AND restarting my Xbox the glitch is gone.
Playing Forza since FM2
#39 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 11:33:38 PM(UTC)
It's not just leaving houses - happens to me all the time starting an Eliminator race
 2 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 12:16:19 AM(UTC)

That bug is a pretty big deal imo and should be fixed, and yes they should have proper testing procedures before pushing these updates to the public.
#41 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 4:39:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KzuRyuSen Go to Quoted Post
the game just updated again with 457 or something mb hotfix update..bug still continues but not as a loop..it just do that only 1 time after leaving the house EVERYTIME..so there is still some problem left

edit: the game crashed then restarted..but now there is no loop or problem.. everything normal as before

That bug is still there for me, even after the 457MB update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFF1ul5gGZA

Edited by user Sunday, September 27, 2020 1:49:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#42 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 5:54:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KzuRyuSen Go to Quoted Post
The game just updated again with 457 or something mb hotfix update. Bug still continues but not as a loop. It just do that only 1 time after leaving the house EVERYTIME. So there is still some problem left

edit: the game crashed then restarted, but now there is no loop or problem. Everything normal as before

That bug is still there for me, even after the 457MB update.

Ditto. It worked properly last night after I'd installed the update, but today, it was at it again. Still multiple sweeps, but it seems a little easier to break out of the loop.

In addition, if you exited the game in cockpit view, when you restart it, it switches to near chase cam.

Edited by user Saturday, September 26, 2020 7:51:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Info update

#43 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 6:34:33 AM(UTC)
You can solve a part of the bug, the loop, on xbox by doing a full power cycle of the console (so full shutdown and restart).
Some people mentioned that in previous posts as well, that at least gets part of it sorted.
 2 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 7:50:09 AM(UTC)
Update lauched but loop stiil on.....

Shame on you Forza develorpes
#45 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 7:52:45 AM(UTC)
Update lauched but loop stiil on.....

Shame on you Forza develorpes
#46 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 9:35:30 AM(UTC)
You can solve a part of the bug, the loop, on xbox by doing a full power cycle of the console (so full shutdown and restart).
Some people mentioned that in previous posts as well, that at least gets part of it sorted.

I had not tried this method of correction but just done it and it has stopped the loop when leaving a House and veering off the road unexpectedly.

Hope it is a permanent fix as I do not really want to keep doing it every time I start FH4 up!
#47 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 10:43:43 AM(UTC)
Doesn't help on PC though.
 3 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 11:26:52 AM(UTC)

Scrap that, it only works when first starting the game after the full reboot.
After that, if you close the game, put the xbox on standby, put it on, sign in and start playing you get the same nonsense again.

So it seems you would need to do a full power cycle before every time you play. (or have your xbox set to full shutdown and not standby mode, same thing).

1. That takes ages and shouldn't be necessary
2. Doesn't work on PC

So some very sloppy programming in this update and the hotfix to fix the update didn't fix it either.
 2 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 12:25:38 PM(UTC)
There seems to be a very lax management culture and lack of proper oversight of what is happening, which is rather surprising and regrettable for such a big company. Then again Windows 10 itself gets buggy updates pushed, and has many long-standing bugs after years so maybe we shouldn't be surprised. But it's a poor show.
#50 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 1:13:26 PM(UTC)
You're never going to see a proper fix for this game that will stop all issues and overall make everything run smooth. If you want to see everything in a Forza game work properly, then wait for FM8 to launch. Alll of the issues with FH4 have more than likely stemmed from its 2 year lifespan and programming being stretched to the breaking point.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error