23 Pages<<212223Prev
#551 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 1:04:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: King Banda Go to Quoted Post
To all my fellow gamers in reference to Forza 4 Horizon PC Ultimate who receive the Hang Type Activation, I think I may have solved the problem.
After doing a clean windows 10 pro build 2004 install, I loaded all updates, then installed the GeForce experience for my GeForce 2080ti. Once I did a full install of Forza Ultimate from the xboxlive application, it clearly did as it did before, just crashed at Hang Type Activation.
However, I noticed a problem with my scale and layout settings were set to the recommended 150%
So, I decided to scale down to 125% and decided to execute Forza for the hell of it, guess what, that did it for me. The game did not crash after this. Fully surprised with the results, I decided to go back to the recommended 150%, executed the game, crashed at hang type activation. Once I went back to 125%, the game executed with perfection.
Please give this a try and let me know the results.
God Speed!
Jesse Banda

As in the setting in display ("Make everything bigger")? Tried setting it to 125% and it didn't work, not sure i'm on the right setting though.

Forza Support closed my ticket and provided no help, My game pass is just going to waste at this point.
#552 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 5:13:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: King Banda Go to Quoted Post

Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Doesn't work for me (also 100% has always been recommended on my PC/Monitor). And other settings have also no positiv effect.

Did you use event viewer to see if hang type activation was even the problem when it wouldn't start at 150%?
The clean install of Windows 10 and FH4 could have solved the "crash hang type: activation" issue. The scaling setting could have caused a different issue, that also ends in a crash. Maybe.

Of course, other people should try their luck. I can only speak for myself.

Edited by user Saturday, September 26, 2020 5:16:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#553 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 6:34:33 AM(UTC)
So here I am again, FH4 won't start any more on my desktop - hang type: activation.
Tried some of support page suggestions and I went from occasional start, to none.
Why all this started I don't know, as only program installed when CTD started to happen, was new xbox app, did uninstall it immediately, but didn't solve anything.

So afternoon to backup files and reinstall Windows, similar time for programs and then enjoy 200 GB of Forza download (FH3, FH4, FM6 Apex), gonna be a breeze on my 10/1 internet. :/
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#554 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 6:41:31 AM(UTC)
I know that this is probably the wrong place but how can you stop 30 to 60 minute Syncing times each time I start up FH4 on my XB1X Scorpio Edition?

Edited by user Monday, September 28, 2020 1:20:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#555 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 10:11:18 PM(UTC)
Cpt. Slow would say, Hey good news ... I go FH4 running again :)
Seems playing around with PC, after you get home from night shift is a god thing, right?

Nope, not really.
It starts but there is different problem now, it won't connect to online, even though xbox network works fine now (yes I did went trough that one too).
So now I'm here:

Ow and laptops FH4 works just fine, connects to same network, router, modem only its trough wifi.

Ugh
#556 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 12:39:50 AM(UTC)
check status of xbox network. you will find it under settings, games.
#557 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 2:27:23 AM(UTC)
I went trough that too, did the Teredo reset and also switched to https://forums.forzamoto...absurd.aspx#post_1168638
So now it looks like this:

Sadly that didn't convince FH4 to work properly, not really sure how it manages that, as it goers trough initial account login and sync, but when loaded, its not connected.

When going into free roam, I get this

and if I push the find live session, eventually this pops up

also not starting is back, as this time it took 3 tries to get in game

I'm gonna start with backing up my files to another drive and format system SSD ...

1 user liked this post.
#558 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 6:08:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
Cpt. Slow would say, Hey good news ... I go FH4 running again :)
Seems playing around with PC, after you get home from night shift is a god thing, right?

Nope, not really.
It starts but there is different problem now, it won't connect to online, even though xbox network works fine now (yes I did went trough that one too).
So now I'm here:

Ow and laptops FH4 works just fine, connects to same network, router, modem only its trough wifi.

Ugh

can you please tell us all what you did to make the game start?

1 user liked this post.
#559 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 10:09:57 AM(UTC)
Many things and I'm sorry I don't remember everything I did.

Using one support article about disabling Windows developer mode in power shell along with teredo reset or something like that, checked on services which were properly set, did change one ... chat protocol or something from manual start to auto. Re enabled developer mode in settings as disabling gave some errors ...

But in the end it was all for naught as game won't connect online.

So now I have fresh Windows install, needs just a few more updates and programs installed (hope to finish in few hours) then a day or two to download FH4 again and see if it works again.
 1 user liked this post.
#560 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 2:43:31 AM(UTC)
Hi, I have this problem for almost half and a quarter of year, I looked up on the internet for fixes, nothing, BUT NOTHING worked

Now I am here whit a group of people that are in the same situation.

I have the activation problem and I got FH4 Ultimate edition. I tried all the things that you guys recommended, but it didn't fix anything. I hope that all of us will see a shining star and make FH4 work again.

I'll keep an eye on this forum and keep you updated if I find a fix.

Cya and good luck!
#561 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 4:04:46 PM(UTC)
I had this issue (Game would launch and crash on the McLaren Senna window) since earlier this month (September 2020), I believe I have a workaround, it is a pain in the backside.

I can replicate the crash (hangtype:activation). It is something in the car pass, so don't install any car packs.

I literally had to reinstall Windows. Start fresh, format the drive and re-install it (make sure you create a media creation tool first). Uninstalling the cars individually won't work, I had to start from scratch.

On my fresh Windows install, I installed the game to my Windows drive, Launched it, Worked. Installed the VIP, Launched it, Worked, Welcome Pack? Worked. Then Installed DLC packs Fortune Island and LEGO, Launched = Worked. Installed the Car Pass, Launched....Hangtype:Activation.

I had to reinstall Windows AGAIN! Then repeated everything up to and excluding the Car Pass and all seems okay so far (knock on wood), it's been a week.

I am not happy about this, it's probably the worst experience I've had with a PC game, nothing has ever needed such drastic steps to work, it's actually shameful.

Also, remember this worked for me, it may not for you, so it's on you to take the risk and deal with installing all your programs again - make sure you backup your stuff before you do anything - making a list of installed programs helped me out.

Edit: Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Dolby Access (DA), I just want to mention that I had DA installed prior to FH4 and there seems to be no conflict between the two (for me).

Edited by user Thursday, October 1, 2020 10:28:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#562 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 3:19:03 AM(UTC)
I cant launch forza horizon 4. I have latest win 10 updates (2004). The window with the game cover appears and after a few seconds it disappears.
#563 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:24:30 PM(UTC)
I actually let download whole thing FH4 standard and whole ultimate addons (inc cars).
Didn't start on first try, but did on second and now is ok on first.
Very happy to see this

But sync didn't go as planned, as it seems my yesterdays play session on laptop didn't sync as it should, even though I waited few min before shutting it down.
So first sync goes on, throws error on 98%, retry ... profile no longer available.
Yay
I have a bit older Sunrise folder backup, so ok, but wait, what's going on on laptop ... says I have newer save on it then in cloud, so use newer and up it.
Wait few min, 7zip the sunrise folder, copy to desktop, delete desktop sunrise folder, unzip the one from laptop, success :)

YAY :)

Edited by user Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:33:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

23 Pages<<212223Prev

Notification

Icon
Error