2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 4:46:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MetalGibbon553 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch Nixon177 Go to Quoted Post
The big question here is, are the gold pieces on the Velar actually made out of real gold? :D

Naah, but honestly. Fun car to drive and tune, thanks PG.

Yes, they actually are. 24ct gold. Well plated at least.

That's dope. But kinda makes no sense to me. I would expect real gold on luxury cars like really expensive Rollce Roce or Bentleys but not on some 50.000 € SUV. You can't even park it in public parking lots without fearing someone could try to scrape that gold off. :D
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 10:24:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BadRiver Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VolcanicGrain57 Go to Quoted Post
I've been sitting in, and driving, the '73 Ford Capri RS3100 over an hour. It says that I don't even own the car! I've been driving it. I'm sitting in it.
Any ideas?
Little help?

Make sure you are NOT driving the '73 Ford Capri RS3100 Forza Edition

Nope, I was in the right car the whole time. Tried restarting the Xbox. Then, just shut it down for a while.
That (magically) fixed it. Too weird.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and help! Even had opened an 'official' ticket... then closed it later.
Again: Thanks!

#28 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 6:50:46 AM(UTC)
Hello out there,

Cars/tunes/suggestions for this weeks seasonal for those that find such useful. All tunes are my own, unless otherwise noted, all shared by myself (or others). ~ tune name / share code. If you use anything offered here, and you like it/it was useful to you, please don't forget to leave a like.

Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post
Online:
**Trial: "Saved By the Bell" | Cross Country | (A800) Heavy Hitters
**Car used: 1931 Bentley 8-Liter (Autoshow 1,500,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 CC Winter / 131 467 653

... The '31 Bentley can win against unbeatable offline/solo, although is a very close win when it does ... In the Trial, the '31 Bentley is a monster at the gardens circuit ... Airport circuit is not for this car/tune, can place well, but winning requires luck ... Coastal Rush Sprint, can be really fast in this race, easily lead, as to win, actually uncertain, as dropped the ball each time ... offline, car/tune is capable of beating 'Pro', which is roughly the performance of the Trial 'unbeatable'. Tune is AWD, Forza air, 6.2L V8, supercharged, with rally/snow tires.
If you want something more conventional, I have the following ...: 2017 F-150 Raptor / A800 CC Offroad / 138 009 364

**Seasonal Playground Games | Mortimer Gardens | (B800) Hot Hatch
**Car used: 2009 Vauxhall Corsa VXR (HTF)
**Tune: B700 Games / 122 058 572

... Tune is FWD, rear Forza air (as P.I. cheat), rally/snow tires.

PR Stunts:
- Crescent Speed Zone, 2018 McLaren Senna - 'New S2 Road Race' (111 960 179) by Don Joewon Song,
- Bamburgh Dunes Speed Trap, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544),
- Rail Yard Ramp Danger Sign, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544).

Solo championships - Raced against Expert, Steering: Simulation, ABS: on, Traction/Stability; Off, Gearbox: Auto.

**Championship: "Ice Rally" | Cross Country | (B700) Modern Rally
**Car used: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution ix MR (Autoshow 27,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Dirt / 114 376 252

We will start with the worse of the week, and this one would be easy to fix, A class. It would seem for the most part, when it comes to Rally, PG really likes B class for some reason, almost as if they some how associate the 'B' in B class with the 'B' in "Group B", the short lived, very fast, high powered, quite lethal, rally class from the early eighties, even while this type of rally car class actually exists in the game as "Rally monsters". B class for Modern Rally is quite the opposite to Group B, under-powered and not fast.
Having said all that, I chose wrong for the event, if you want a real challenge, and want to see the A.I. misbehaving (A.I. struggling up a hill with me, able to keep up, not pass, only to next lap zoom pass without issue etc.) , try this, otherwise skip it. I did win all events with this car/tune (expert) mostly via sheer persistence. Tune has front lights,mudflaps, Forza rear air, rally/snow tires.

**Championship: "Bounce Out" | Dirt Racing | (B700) Offroad Buggies
**Car used: 1969 VW Class 5/1600 Baja Bug (Autoshow 60,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 CC Offroad / 775 102 937

Simple enough win, ample speed to catch leaders (your results may vary, the system never chose the Can-Am as a lead car in my races - assuming this makes a difference every time). Tune is AWD, single turbo.

**Championship: "Tiding Rover" | Cross Country | (A800) Land Rover
**Car used: 1972 Land Rover Seres iii (Autoshow 20,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Offroad / 167 790 403

This is what happens when you take a stable nice driver C class and boost it in to A class. PG, this is close to how a group ''b'' should behave. If you can hold the line, and keep as many wheels on the ground as possible, you will win, no issue. Close to the line on unstable at speed, gentle is the key, it is not too difficult (and fun) to drive once you understand its weaknesses, short wheelbase, mid, not low C.O.G. Tune is running 1.6L turbo rally, no aero, with mudflaps.

Have fun.
#29 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 9:16:25 AM(UTC)
WagKeRui, I like your car choices.

So when I saw Heavy Hitters, I was thrilled. I ran the last Heavy Hitters multiple times with a Bentley 8-Liter and plan on doing it again but with a few other selections as well.

The Trial - I already had an older tune for the Bentley for a cross-country even some time ago, in May I think. Now that I run it again, I can see where I need to tweak it. I guess I have become a better racer, yay. lol. It ran great in the first race though I should have practiced, it takes a little to get used to anticipating the turns and little jumps to keep it lined up right. Second race was a struggle compounded by own aggressiveness to pass ended up missing a gate later in the race. For some reason, everyone dropped out even though we had the points. Like everyone. I entered the third race solo. Got to the lead quickly but could never seem to truly outpace the other cars, there were always one or two in my rear-view. Going to spend a little more time with it to get it better and we'll see. It's a fun ride.

1931 Bentley 8-Liter Tune: 124 263 366

{b] PGG[/b] - Already had an Abarth tuned up so gave it a go. It was relatively quick but quite agile. We were down one player at the start but won the first contest, then two of the next three. Never got tagged in Zombie, and held a crown the longest in King. Easy to drive as well.

2016 Abarth 695 Biposto Tune: 307 428 715

Tiding Rover - So again, I already had Rover tuned up. This is the week of old tunes apparently. So it won, yeah, was pretty quick off the line, got in front early. But wow, twitchy as all get out. Perhaps the short wheel base, but I think I can soften it up a little to make it a better driver. Would not recommend this to any novice drivers, you'll spend half the race facing the wrong direction. lol Afterward, I want to tune up a Defender 90 and see how that fares.

1972 Land Rover Series III Tune: 434 055 445

Ice Rally - Had a Subaru tuned up and gave it a run. Didn't start off the quickest but was stable and really easy to drive. Just climbed through to the lead and kept it from there. Won by a decent margin. But man, I hate that jump at the end of the Quarry. If you are anything but dead straight, or contact anyone, you are either going over the edge or falling outside the flags with no chance for correction.

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Tune: 837 531 111

Bounce Out - It has been a standard of mine to run El Barto's tune for the Baja Bug for B700 ever since that fateful CC Trial so long ago. It is a great tune. However, I wanted to try something different. I wanted to run the Polaris. Plus I had my driver dressed to match in all dirt bike gear. Downgraded it (I had it near-fully loaded for stunts), balanced it a bit and let it go. So first off, it was not fast off the line like I had hoped so I need to rework it. It did take to the lead but was extremely squirrelly. Won each race even against the Can-Ams but it was tricky getting a feel for it. Oh, and don't dare hit any obstacles, even a little fencing will take a major hit to your speed. It was fun to ride but needs a bit of work to make it better. So I will post the tune later if I ever get it to a good spot.

2015 Polaris XP 1000 EPS

PR Stunts:
Trap - 2012 Ferrari 599X Evo
Zone - 2018 VW ID R
Danger - 2014 Lambo Huracan LP 610-4

#30 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 10:41:15 AM(UTC)

Nope, I was in the right car the whole time. Tried restarting the Xbox. Then, just shut it down for a while.

This happens whenever they throw a 'Drive XX Miles in Your YY Car' into the weekly challenge list. Ever time a variant of that challenge pops up, someone will report their car's not being recognized. Happened to me before too, I think when the car of the week was a saloon. Too weird all right.

Edited by user Sunday, September 13, 2020 10:47:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 10:38:14 PM(UTC)
Tweaked the Bentley, runs a bit better now but still slidey. It's just a fun ride.

Also ran a Titan and a Trackhawk. Both were considerably more stable and easier to run but just didn't have the quickness. Still won though, man, the Aerodrome gives me problems. And I keep getting either wrecked in the tunnel by an AI who crashes...or by one coming through from the side. Like what is that?

Also adjusted the Polaris. Took off the snow tires and added more horsepower. Def quicker off the line now, getting out in front sooner. Steering is a little more stable, but it's still twitchy. lol
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 3:06:06 AM(UTC)
Any tips for landing the jump on The Ridge CC race?

Seems whatever tune I run it just kills the car by lap 2 and I can’t get a high enough place to win the series overall.

Place an easy first in both other races.

I’ve run an Evo, Scooby and Focus in various tunes but no-joy. Engine just ends up knackered and I can’t keep up with the other cars (who typically don’t seem to be affected).

Got to be my least favourite circuit!
 2 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 3:16:41 AM(UTC)
Turn damage to just visual or none ;)
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 3:30:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post

Forgot that was even an option! Don’t usually tweak my difficulty settings at all now I’ve got so-far in.

Bit of a joke it can’t be completed without ‘cheating’ though.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 3:43:48 AM(UTC)
Cheating ... let's see, you need a car that will survive driving off the cliff and just shrug it of on landing and drive on like nothing happened ...
Don't you think that's a touch much?

Game is too arcade, to play it as a real simulation. It's fun to play with "realistic" damage, but not for that kind of races.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 3:45:29 AM(UTC)
Yeah, I’m all for sim damage in racing games normally but probably not going to work well in a game that has you throwing your cars off cliffs!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 15, 2020 3:46:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 5:03:16 AM(UTC)
Cheating ... let's see, you need a car that will survive driving off the cliff and just shrug it of on landing and drive on like nothing happened ...
Don't you think that's a touch much?

Game is too arcade, to play it as a real simulation. It's fun to play with "realistic" damage, but not for that kind of races.

Yeah, yeah... that’s why it’s my least favourite track, would end-up with a car that was flat as a pancake ‘in real life’.

That said the other two races can be completed without tweaking the settings. Just seems like poor game design that you can’t complete the challenge without resorting to adjusting your settings. You should be able to find what works for you and just leave it from then.

At least on the old Hotwheels expansion you could do it at the start of ‘visiting’ the island and change it again when you left.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 6:16:41 AM(UTC)
Most of the Cross Country tracks are like that, though. The jumps, though not necessarily off of cliffs are still severe enough to wipe out your suspension. The road and dirt tracks, I can see. But even the street tracks, I'm not sure I would run with realistic damage. It's just not that sort of game for me, I spend too much time offroad in cars never meant to be offroad, or doing acrobatics that would guarantee my own demise. lol

So yeah, if you want to run the game and the challenges full realism, go for it. But I would highly recommend switching off damage during any CC events.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 6:32:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: marksbros6 Go to Quoted Post

Forgot that was even an option! Don’t usually tweak my difficulty settings at all now I’ve got so-far in.

Bit of a joke it can’t be completed without ‘cheating’ though.

FH4 is more of an Adventure than a simulation. It has storylines. If you want it to be a simulation you will have to ignore certain parts of the game. Perhaps buy the cars in the Auction instead of racing for them?
#40 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 9:34:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
Most of the Cross Country tracks are like that, though. The jumps, though not necessarily off of cliffs are still severe enough to wipe out your suspension. The road and dirt tracks, I can see. But even the street tracks, I'm not sure I would run with realistic damage. It's just not that sort of game for me, I spend too much time offroad in cars never meant to be offroad, or doing acrobatics that would guarantee my own demise. lol

So yeah, if you want to run the game and the challenges full realism, go for it. But I would highly recommend switching off damage during any CC events.

That’s the point though, have got this far without needing to turn off damage to achieve a challenge 🤷‍♂️
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 11:39:16 AM(UTC)
But they have had the Ridge in CC events before. Have you ever managed it with damage on? If so, then the damage isn't too realistic then, is it?

I like damage to be honest. But I save it for MS6. Once I got good enough to not take myself out in every race, or to hold off and choose my passing opportunities. But in Horizon, man, the number of times the AI run me into a wall, a tree, or just plain dead-stop right in front of me, I'd hardly ever finish a full season. I'm not the best driver here by far, but I am competent for sure.
 2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 1:11:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BachDigsRock Go to Quoted Post

This happens whenever they throw a 'Drive XX Miles in Your YY Car' into the weekly challenge list. Ever time a variant of that challenge pops up, someone will report their car's not being recognized. Happened to me before too, I think when the car of the week was a saloon. Too weird all right.

Thanks for the info! I'll remember that. It's never happened to me before. Plus, imho, it's kind of a silly challenge. But, whatever gets the week accomplished, right? :D

UN-silly: I'm older, so I didn't grow up in a 'drifting' environment. Those challenges, like this week's side one, always frustrate the hell out of me. I've read tons and tons of advice on how to tweak the car, what to turn on and off, etc... but, I guess it's just 'not in my nature' to drift. I can get 3 Stars when needed (which, I do think is imprudent, requiring that in the first place), however, it takes me an extremely long time and a ton of runs back and forth (and/or switching zones) for me to get it done. I grew up simply riveted with NASCAR, Indy cars and F1. They all did everything in their power to circumvent the car(s) from sliding (drifting). Just my two cents.

Thanks again!
 2 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 12:01:10 PM(UTC)
@El Barto inc

I've been following and using your seasonal tunes regularly.

During the current Winter season, I've finished on the podium on dozens of the TRIAL races using your tune for the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor (A800).

During this series, I've advertised your tune 'share code' on my Raptor. So I'm wondering if you noticed an increase in daily likes during the winter season.

2017 Ford F-150 Raptor by BadRiver, on Flickr

I wonder if anyone has advertised their tunes on their own car too?

BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 12:45:46 AM(UTC)
Thank you very much BadRiver, you really don't have to be so kind to me. :)
I'm total anti-talent as creativity goes, so I download other peoples creative creations and don't mess with something I know I'm not good at.

Sadly can't say there was higher success on tune share.
This are results so far for winter:
Downloads: 150
Uses: 290

Previous season probably had 2x the numbers, maybe tunes this season weren't that interesting/good idk.

Anyway, thank you again for your support and hope you and some other people find my current/future work useful to them.

#45 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 1:36:59 AM(UTC)
Possibly downloads are lower as it’s an A class Raptor 17, which is one of the most popular Ranked cross country vehicles? There’s a lot of tunes for it and most people who play regularly will already have one which is easily good enough to win the trial.
 3 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 2:11:53 AM(UTC)
Should say those were total numbers for all my tunes for the week.
Actual Raptor tune numbers are:

But in any case, I'm here just trying to hopefully offer some support for anyone who needs it.
Legendary status is nice and all, but personally I'm not really after it. I can already sell cars for much higher prices, but to what purpose? Have more then max Cr :) ? Plenty of cars I just tossed out of my garage, many sold for very cheap, can't gift my Cr (now that Jag C is banned). So no real use.

I just like to fiddle with stuff and if that puts a smile on somebody's face at the end of the race, I'm also happy.
#47 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 2:55:11 AM(UTC)
Oh absolutely El B - and it’s great that you do so. I often try your tunes for the trial if I’m running it a few times (sadly less so recently as I find it a bit too dumbed down for my liking). Was just thinking that might be a partial explanation this week.
#48 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 6:01:37 AM(UTC)
I just like to fiddle with stuff and if that puts a smile on somebody's face at the end of the race, I'm also happy.

:) Well, eL B, I am poised to read this morning's Early Bird report and recommendations. (no pressure ;)

I'll be auctioning off the last two prize cars I earned during this winter session this morning. I have two 1957 Ferrari 250 TR, and one 1974 Toyota Celica to give away.

I already sold six cars for the lowest price possible from this season. Usually, I put someone's tune on them and paint with someone else's livery. I've noticed that a tune/livery car will sell quickly. Had to crush three others that no one wanted.

Thanks.

BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
#49 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 12:44:59 PM(UTC)
Aw BadRiver, that makes me sad.

Even in a pretend world, I don't like to see cars get wasted. Let me know what you plan on getting rid of - what doesn't get picked up in auction. I have plenty of garage space still and don't mind (some) duplicates. Especially if it's something I drive. Some vehicles are just dead weight though. I have three extra vans and a few other cars that just won't go. I figure I'll hop em up and put on a paint and see if that fares better.

So, sadly this post comes a little late, but I have a challenge for you all - most notably the top posters/drivers here, but anyone really.

I noticed in one of the Heavy Hitters races in the Trial, that one of the AI chose the Volvo Iron Knight. And took 7th place with it!!!

So my challenge to you, is to do better. I'm not sure how the online vs offline difficulties rate...but I would try one at Unbeatable and one at Pro to give a comparison. I'd be really interested to see how it works out. I personally got 6th at Above Average...so a little ways to go yet, lol.

The Gardens Cross Country Circuit, the first race of the Trial, does not have overpasses or similar obstacles like the Aerodrome does, so the standalone race should be ok. I'll have to see if there is a Winter heavy hitters track set up already, should be, if not I'll make one and post the code. So if you are bored, or have a little time to kill, have at it. And personally, I would love to host a truck event with some of you just to see what that would turn out like. lol
#50 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 5:42:31 PM(UTC)
I'll have to see if there is a Winter heavy hitters track set up already ...

These are by waznewz for the 'Saved by the Bell Trial:

Gardens Cross Country Circuit 173 498 556
Aerodrome Cross Country Circuit 138 161 272
Costal Rush Cross Country 168 794 173

If you have not already made some.

So my challenge to you, is to do better. I'm not sure how the online vs offline difficulties rate...but I would try one at Unbeatable and one at Pro

'Pro' seems to be the best match for the 'Saved by the Bell' cross country Trial, the A.I. are/were much quicker offline/solo.

I knew the iron Knight was a Heavy Hitter option, and considered trying it till seeing zero tire options, and noped out. Aerodrome is basically grass + icy concrete, no fun to be had there with no grip ~.~

Remember the A.I. just closes its eyes and pretends it has grip.

2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error