2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 7:49:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RashestQuasar99 Go to Quoted Post
@GreenZombie76 Yes, manual with clutch makes shifting much faster than manual with no clutch, and even more than with automatic. It is even more true in low performance cars.

It depends on the car. I'm not sure it makes much difference in the Mini.

Also make sure to have traction control off as this can sap power.

If the Mini has race clutch and/or race transmission, then yeah manual shifting shouldn’t have that much of an advantage. If it has lesser transmission and clutch upgrades, then the advantage of manual shifting will be much more notcieable.

I didn’t think of TCS, but this assist is very useless low performance cars. Even more hindering than transmission, as momentum can be kept in slow cars with any transmission - momentum is key for being fast in them.

Edited by user Saturday, January 25, 2020 7:50:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Rewording sentences

#27 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 8:22:03 AM(UTC)
I just made a quick and dirty video of M vs M+C in the Eliminator's Mini. Video synced to start at the same speed in 1st gear after I've already pulled off so no wheelspin to skew the results. Ignore the location on the road because I didn't attempt to start from the exact same spot.

The M+C is barely quicker and is probably only quicker in this video because of margin of error. In some cars it makes a huge difference as we know, but here, it seems to make either none or only an insignificant difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGi-PvxiFBk
#28 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 8:47:32 AM(UTC)
I completely missed that it’s the mini upgraded for eliminator, which I strongly believe that it has transmission upgrades.

Edit : Which leads me wondering... aren’t they simply « tuned » by being auto-upgraded?

Edited by user Saturday, January 25, 2020 8:48:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 11:45:24 AM(UTC)
@GreenZombie76 Yes, manual with clutch makes shifting much faster than manual with no clutch, and even more than with automatic. It is even more true in low performance cars.

If the Mini has race clutch and/or race transmission, then yeah manual shifting shouldn’t have that much of an advantage. If it has lesser transmission and clutch upgrades, then the advantage of manual shifting will be much more notcieable.

I didn’t think of TCS, but this assist is very useless low performance cars. Even more hindering than transmission, as momentum can be kept in slow cars with any transmission - momentum is key for being fast in them.

The Mini JCW in Sport Mode and shifter also in Sport Manual Paddle Shift is faster than a Manual with Clutch. I can attest to that as I have set an 2018 with 324hp and while being a Manual all my Life, at 74 I much prefer the "quickness" of the Sport Manual Paddle shift. Manual is more "fun", better "feedback"... Spine hardware, new hips = Paddle shifter!!!

#30 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 12:33:06 PM(UTC)
I completely missed that it’s the mini upgraded for eliminator, which I strongly believe that it has transmission upgrades.

Edit : Which leads me wondering... aren’t they simply « tuned » by being auto-upgraded?

I'm not familiar with auto upgrade but I've always assumed it simply upgrades a car to the max level within its class, eg. A800, S1 900 etc. Is that right? If so then it isn't like that in Eliminator because the cars have all sorts of PI values.
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 12:37:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Beemerchef Go to Quoted Post

The Mini JCW in Sport Mode and shifter also in Sport Manual Paddle Shift is faster than a Manual with Clutch. I can attest to that as I have set an 2018 with 324hp and while being a Manual all my Life, at 74 I much prefer the "quickness" of the Sport Manual Paddle shift. Manual is more "fun", better "feedback"... Spine hardware, new hips = Paddle shifter!!!

Are you talking about the car IRL because it doesn't necessarily correspond to how the game works.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 4:06:25 AM(UTC)
There's to many cheaters in this mode , pretty bad when a tier 6 car can't catch a mini or you start the last race and guys are already half way there and you have a tier 8 car and can't get close !
#33 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 9:43:29 AM(UTC)
I used to drive witch clutch especially because of drifting, never tried to set it on automatic xD but i guess it gives u a really big advantage, because if i do drag races against my mates with the same car and tuning i am ALLWAYS faster then the ones who using automatic shifting :)
#34 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 1:58:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Muze4Ruiz Go to Quoted Post
There's to many cheaters in this mode , pretty bad when a tier 6 car can't catch a mini or you start the last race and guys are already half way there and you have a tier 8 car and can't get close !

Did anyone notice lately (August-September) in Eliminator suspiciously fast cars? Like they teleported or something? I've played a lot of games, at least 30 times won, and the speed of the opponents cars doesn't match sometimes. I've played today in Bugatti, opponent had Porsche Cayenne level 6 - I started closer to the end line, him on my right, and after couple seconds he was miraculously on my left side, halfway to the finish line... And I'm not THAT bad a driver. Anyone else noticed it??
#35 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 1:59:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Muze4Ruiz Go to Quoted Post

Did anyone notice lately (August-September) in Eliminator suspiciously fast cars? Like they teleported or something? I've played a lot of games, at least 30 times won, and the speed of the opponents cars doesn't match sometimes. I've played today in Bugatti, opponent had Porsche Cayenne level 6 - I started closer to the end line, him on my right, and after couple seconds he was miraculously on my left side, halfway to the finish line... And I'm not THAT bad a driver. Anyone else noticed it??
#36 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 1:59:54 PM(UTC)
#37 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 12:39:18 AM(UTC)
Did anyone notice something like that? Happend again to me.

Edited by user Friday, September 11, 2020 12:49:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 5:12:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ExpertBrake4417 Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone notice something like that? Happened again to me.

I tried the Eliminator for the second time ever yesterday and had something like that happen twice. I seemed to have got well ahead of my opponent, crashed into a tree (a nuisance, but no major bother, I thought) and a moment later, had been eliminated. A second time, I appeared to be well ahead of my rival, and then they won out of nowhere.

Of course, I am an absolute novice at this, but I have my doubts about these wins being down to cunning tactics.

#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 2:58:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Anwulf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ExpertBrake4417 Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone notice something like that? Happened again to me.

Of course, I am an absolute novice at this, but I have my doubts about these wins being down to cunning tactics.

I see biggest chance for "cheating" in how fast no that fast car accelerate at the begginig of the race - winter, I have lev 8 Wrangler, other player has level 5 audi RS 4 - and he accelerates better than me in the winter? Audi doesnt accelerate that fast. Dont know, maybe people found a way to "cheat" with clutch like someone suggested, I play on PC with keyboard so no clutch for me.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error