2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 12:59:40 PM(UTC)
[quote=El Barto inc;1171876]

Finishing pic was a fail, coz I pushed wrong button

Why you have 714 cars to photo? I have 713?

#27 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 1:27:34 PM(UTC)
@JakeBoeV12
I took a pic of Owen's McLaren.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 7:27:00 PM(UTC)
Hello,

Cars/tunes/suggestions for the seasonal events for those that find such useful. All tunes are my own, unless otherwise noted, all shared by myself (or others). ~ tune name / share code. If you use anything offered here, and you like it/it was useful to you, please don't forget to leave a like.

Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post
Online:
**Trial: "99 LuftSaloons" | Dirt Racing | (A800) Super Saloons
**#1 Car used: 2010 Vauxhall Insignia VXR (Carpass - Autoshow 42,000 Cr)
**#1 Tune: A800 Dirt / 105 598 214

**#2 Car used: 2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine (HTF)
**#2 Tune: A800 Rally / 100 104 748

A.I. performance - certainly more difficult offline/solo this week. For the Trial I have two tune this week, one 'more conventional' and one 'meme' type.
Firstly the Vauxhall, AWD as standard, rally tires, no aero ... Second, the Caddy Limo, AWD, supercharged, rally tires and suspension, no aero...

**Seasonal Playground Games | Mudkickers' 4x4 | (C600) Country: Japan
**Car used: 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept (Autoshow 50,000 Cr)
**Tune: C600 Games / 146 534 895

Bad choice, simple ... The only reason to choose this (and the only reason it is shared) is it is very good at disrupting the other team ... Tune is running offroad tires with rally suspension, no aero.

PR Stunts:
- Johnston Terrace Speed Zone, 2018 McLaren Senna - 'New S2 Road Race' (111 960 179) by Don Joewon Song,
- Oakwood Crest Speed Trap, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544),
- Northbound Danger Sign, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544).

Solo championships - Raced against Expert, Steering: Simulation, ABS: on, Traction/Stability; Off, Gearbox: Auto.

**Championship: "Utilitarian" | Street Scene | (A800) Sports Utility Heroes
**Car used: 2016 Bentley Bentayga (Autoshow 180,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Road / 661 479 100

"Competitive" win, not a runaway win, but easy enough win (expert) ... Tune runs race tires and suspension, no aero.

**Championship: "An Old Hand" | Street Scene | (B700) Vintage Racers
**Car used: 1926 Bugatti Type 35 C (Autoshow 10,000,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Road / 107 983 782

Stable with some amount of grip (for a vintage car), easy enough win, just be aware vintage racers handle, well, like vintage racers - tire width is minimal, grip exists, but can go in an instance, loss of traction on sudden changes in direction is to be expected. Tune is AWD with race tires, no aero, but none is available.

**Championship: "Track Day" | Road Racing | (S2 998) Extreme Track Toys
**Car used: 2016 Aston Martin Vulcan (Autoshow 1,500,000 Cr)
**Tune: 'Road' (537 098 135) by El Barto inc

For this event I decided I would find a tune from some person who is better than I am at S2 (so everyone almost), and also seems to like S2 - for this I picked "El Barto inc" and their tune for the Vulcan. I am not a great S2 driver, and the Ambleside track in this event is not a track I like - the tune was great, managed a win at Ambleside, even managed first by the second lap, so extra great. Win overall for the whole event, other two tracks are non-issues. Tune worked well on the tiny tight tracks, has grip when needed, and speed where you are able to make use of it. Like given. Tune is AWD, highly recommend.

Have fun.
#29 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 7:49:46 PM(UTC)
Anybody’s else Photo Challenge reset in Festival Playlist? I did it yesterday while waiting for matchmaking for a Trail Race and it was reset today so I did again. Then I looked into history of Festival Playlist and last one of Series 25 also did reset and now it’s showing 99% complete. Not a big deal as I was looking for awhile for a reason to quit doing the Playlist 100% and just do enough for newly added cars but still it’s weird.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 11:52:50 PM(UTC)
Okay, so I'm back this week. I managed to run last week's events all on Wednesday, snuck in under the wire. lol

Do I hear Super Saloons again? Yay, breaking out the Limo!! I laughed when I read WangKeRui's description of running the Limo. It gets addictive. I have one set up for drift also...ridiculous, but still a lot of fun.

So I need to tweak the Limo setup I have. It runs well, took 1st in all three races but I feel I can squeeze a little more out of it. Then I want to run WangKeRui's to see how they compare. And wow, the AI is not my main competitor, my so-called teammates are. From either running dead last, or driving with no regard to their teammates, it can be rough. Captured a vid of a guy who completely ran me into the barrier when we were running 1st and 2nd....right before the finish gate. I took 2nd, he took 6th, so we lost. For no reason at all...unless it's because he was upset I passed him at the end.

Ran a Datsun in the PGG, did well. Found an old tune of mine for a B700 Bugatti and gleefully ran that. I love that Bugatti Type 35C. Though I do want to try the Alfa too, now that I finally have one.

I'll post tunes up after I finish playing with the Limo. Looks like I might be running the Trial a bit. It's been awhile since I have done that
#31 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 3:35:48 AM(UTC)
For players who need help: Percents,Tunes and Rewards:
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events - Autumn - Until 10/09/20 - SERIES 26
50% Autumn: JAGUAR I-PACE 2018
80% Autumn: TOYOTA SUPRA 2.0 GT 1992
50% Series 26: FORD #88 MUSTANG RTR 2018
80% Series 26: TOYOTA CELICA 74

Photo / Picture: Percents,Tunes and Rewards - Autumn

https://i.imgur.com/bWzwKr5.jpg

Photo / Picture: Rewards - Autumn

https://i.imgur.com/WXY4w4E.jpg
Share Codes: Pause Menu, Event Activations, or Creative Hub.
You can use this code to get to a specific Event Blueprint quickly, and easily.
Share Code: Garage -> Designs & Paints -> Find New Designs -> Search
Share Code: Garage -> Upgrades & Tunes -> Find -> Search

A) Photo Challenge: #FLIGHTOFFANCY
Take a photo of your car at the Greendale Airstrip
Reward: Super Wheelspin

B) Forzathon Weekly:
Code Tune CATERHAM SUPERLIGHT R500 2013:..... 726 702 123
Chapter 4: Win 4 Road Circuit events in 1 Lap:..... 149 526 973

D) The Trial Co-Op Championship: 99 LuftSaloons
Reward: BMW Z4 2019
Code Tune BMW M3 2008:..... 235 653 250

F) Playground Games: Autumn
Reward: Honda NSX-R 2005
New this season: You don't have to win the event to earn the reward.
Code Tune NISSAN 240SX SE 1993:..... 130 945 559

G) Danger Sign: Northbound
Code Tune MOSLER MT900S 2010:..... 167 019 262

H) Speed Trap: Oakwood Crest
Code Tune KOENIGSEGG AGERA RS 2017:..... 112 067 847

I) Speed Zone: Johnston Terrace
Code Tune VOLKSWAGEN #94 MOTORSPORT I.D.R PIKES PEAK 2018:..... 864 997 289

J) Championship: Utilitarian
Reward: Porsche Cayenne 2018
Code Tune VOLKSWAGEN TOUAREG R50 2008:..... 162 340 101

K) Championship: An Old Hand
Reward: Napier Railton 1933
Code Tune BUGATTI TYPE 35 C 1926:..... 110 299 775

L) Championship: Track Day
Reward: Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro 2017
Code VOLKSWAGEN #94 MOTORSPORT I.D.R PIKES PEAK 2018:..... 864 997 289

Ps.: If you complete 50% and 80% this season you will also receive: FERRARI 512 S 1970 e ALIEN MORPH SUIT

Ps.: Series 26: If you complete 50% and 80% you will also receive: LAMBORGHINI AVENTADOR LP700-4 2012

Also available on Twitter and https://imgur.com/user/betinhogvz/posts every season change
I hope this helps you to do the challenges

#32 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 10:01:30 AM(UTC)
Did anyone randomly get a Ferrari 512s along with the Ipace and Napier Railton when completing the vintage racers championship and 50% of the playlist at the same time? The 512s randomly appeared for me and only way I think it could happened was if a wheel spin randomly rolled unseen in the background.
#33 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 10:09:50 AM(UTC)
Its part of reused series ...
#34 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 5:29:21 PM(UTC)
Yeah I now have three of them, the 512s. At least two were from added-on bonus cars. Same with the Ford Crown Vics and a few others. I guess since they upped the garage, I have space, but still.
#35 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 11:02:07 AM(UTC)
For anyone that needs a tight road course tune, this made the championship enjoyable. The Diablo GTRs are inexpensive in the auction house now. Ambleside Village, Horizon Festival and Broadway Village were winnable with clean racing.

Diablo GTR s2 998, share code 107 352 474, cr 41,700

Edited by user Sunday, September 6, 2020 11:06:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 4:29:29 PM(UTC)
So I ran the Limo a few times and also tried WangKeRui's tune as well.

The Trial - So continuing my trend to run the Limo literally any time Super Saloons comes up, I once again fired up the beast. I had a CC tune on it but I wanted it more purpose-built so adjusted it just for dirt/gravel. I love it. It pulls well in the straights, and maintains a very controllable slide through the turns. Tarn Hows is fun. Nice sweeping turns, good straights. After the first couple of lefts, there is a right turn you need to be wary of because the car gets great traction there and can cause you to skip inside the flag. Ambleside is tough though. And they keep putting me in the back of the pack. The limo takes up a lot of space and with so many turns, it's tough to get started. But once the pack stretches out a little, it can cut its groove and do its thing. Plus, the added bulk of the limo makes it easier to guide some of the AI into barriers, stone walls, etc to help give your teammates a better shot as well. Be wary around the S-turn drop by the tree though as it can really make the back end loose. Derwent water Trail is fine. A little rough in the beginning as everyone jostles for position, but after that, it's just smooth running. Handles obstacles and the sliding turns just fine. Just gotta swing the end out on occasion and keep the wheels spinning. Took 1st place in each race usually by a decent margin. Ambleside is equal parts 1st and 2nd, though as I tend to stick to securing 2nd place and controlling any AI behind me if a teammate is already in 1st.

WangKeRui's tune: so I dl'd it to compare it to mine. Different set up, different engine. It ran fine. Did very well on Tarn Hows and equally well on Derwent water where its extra speed comes in to play. I had a rough time with it at Ambleside, though. It seemed harder to get around the turns while keeping the tail end under control. Might try it again later as it was also a rough run coming from the back with very aggressive teammates. Its size was very evident getting through traffic. But otherwise a good tune.

2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine Tune: 159 333 550

PGG - ran a 1970 Datsun 510. Performed well, no difficulties with rollovers surprisingly. Still had people dropping out as not everyone knows it's participation only. Whatever. It is a capable tune but nothing to really brag about.

Utilitarian - okay, so I had a Trackhawk already tuned up so I ran that. I forgot that it was for a Cross-country event so yeah. Did not perform well at all. Got the wins, but it was not pretty, lol. And Broadway Crossfire with all its tight turns was a nightmare.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk - CC tune, not recommended.

An Old Hand - another chance to break out the Bugatti. I love this car. Such a great style and runs well. Already had a tune from months ago. Still holds up well. A little slidey in the turns but good pull uphill and decent acceleration in the flat.

1926 Bugatti Type 35C Tune: 263 353 878

Track Day - so first I tuned up the wrong car. I was excited to run the Pista but didn't realize it is a Track Toy not an Extreme Track toy, lol. Fortunately, I still had the Maserati tuned up from before even though it was done for a Winter event. Ambleside Village is an exercise in restraint. It is very easy to overdrive the car and overdrive the track. Accelerate, brake, and turn. Repeat. No need to max it at any time, it does plenty fine with a cool hand. Same could be said for Horizon Festival Circuit except those last two right-handers can be taken at full slide for some added fun. But either way, the Mas has a ton of acceleration, good brakes, and sticks well to the track. It's a fun drive.

2008 Maserati MC12 Versione Corsa Tune: 484 788 196

PR Stunts
Trap - 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evo Tune: 148 895 824
Zone - 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evo same
Danger Sign - 1961 Maserati Tipo 61 Tune: 173 792 945

Edited by user Sunday, September 6, 2020 4:31:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Had to edit the name of a track to stay out of the bad word filter. Yikes.

#37 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 10:36:45 PM(UTC)
Despite the challenge of using Limo, I associate the use of it as playing blocker & pusher.

Specifically on the narrow tracks of this playlist, passing clean this kind of car is a complex challenge for beginners when limo driver plays clean which is hardly ever the case. It often results in transforming lobby in opened war , people leaving or a team being blocked.

1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 11:01:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Despite the challenge of using Limo, I associate the use of it as playing blocker & pusher.

Specifically on the narrow tracks of this playlist, passing clean this kind of car is a complex challenge for beginners when limo driver plays clean which is hardly ever the case. It often results in transforming lobby in opened war , people leaving or a team being blocked.

I actually agree with this, to some degree, an as such mentioned I felt some concern about trying it at first (in an earlier post), I did try many times offline to see just how much disruption could occur. I self decided to simply leave the lobby if I felt I was hindering anyone, however besides the start of the race, which is always chaos, cornering clean in the Limo is not very difficult. My original try in the trial with the Limo my teammates were mostly only running in the middle of the pack, once ahead and leading there was no issue of causing trouble with them, and the event was only won due to myself and another driver leading.That is not to say it can not be used badly, I witnessed such just now, someone in a Limo was clearly in the class of "must win no matter the cost", I am fairly certain (although only saw the beginning not the out come) this is how we lost the second race, and I know it is why I missed the last checkpoint in the last race (tapped).

Based on this most recent trial event, however, after seeing my other 'leading' teammates been as disruptive as the Limo could be, drifting into corners (something not really possible for the Limo on these tracks), (and so slowing, because drifting is slower) and blocking those following, has made it so currently, I feel the difference in style for driving the Limo is moot, provided the Limo driver is making efforts to drive cleanly.

If you look in the tunes for the Limo you will see a lot of Trial tunes, at this point it is likely not uncommon to encounter one, since it would seem it is one of the faster choices from the Super Saloon type (one of, I think there is two other faster option, neither is popular, because well "not" iconic). for the event.

1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 11:23:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
WangKeRui's tune: so I dl'd it to compare it to mine. Different set up, different engine. It ran fine. Did very well on Tarn Hows and equally well on Derwent water where its extra speed comes in to play. I had a rough time with it at Ambleside, though. It seemed harder to get around the turns while keeping the tail end under control. Might try it again later as it was also a rough run coming from the back with very aggressive teammates. Its size was very evident getting through traffic. But otherwise a good tune.

2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine Tune: 159 333 550

I like it (which reminds me I think I forgot to Like it)! More so, because I feel I can drive it the same way I drive mine. Very easy to control, no sudden 'tricks', did have to adjust to what I assume is rear bias on brakes, otherwise ran it in the races how I did with my tune, slowly adjusting driving style to suit where it has advantage (see next).

Interesting how stats work in Forza, on paper your stats are better on every area but for speed (which is not a big point, as the difference is some zero point amount unseen by us players), yet (for me and my skill) actual driving performance is very close. The big difference I noted was braking (as mentioned above, which is either bias or weight) and power - my tune digs in if pushed sideways too much, which slows it on some corners even if this is the best way to tackle the corner, while yours power through (naturally, more power, and more torque!).

I ran them both at the drag strip, well because, and found something Forza Physics interesting - ran the offered current season super saloon race, weather as given, expert, auto, traction/stability off:

mine - 11.845, 190km/h approx,
yours (IngoingCake8592) - 11.612, 192km/h approx.

The interesting part was, I came first in the race with my tune, yours came 4th, no matter the actual time for your Limo was faster than mine (in that race I would place around 6th) - I do not know why the system changed the A.I. 'performance' even through nothing else but the tune changed. (Ran a few time, always the same result).

Bye.

PS - do have times for races between both tunes, can post if desired. Times are 'accurate' as can be for one run each - so good to know, but not best times possible.
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 11:53:46 PM(UTC)
I also agree. The potential for misuse is high, but its capabilities are decent. When I first ran it, it was just for one of the challenges, not a Trial. Though I did use it for the Games once, but that was after they became participation only. Oh, and man, was it good for blocking in Flag Games, lol.

At Tarn Hows, I either took the inside turn tight or ran it wide to allow anyone on my inside clear passage. The few exceptions were when I could trap one or two of the AI causing them to lag back. Of the times I ran it, about 6 times or so, each time I was leading before hitting the two left turns to bring it back toward the starting gate. From there, I just stayed in front, so obviously not intruding on anyone. In Derwent Water Trail, if I started at the back of the pack, I'd hang a little until they got sorted out. Still plenty of passing room, and it stuck well enough to take advantage when players ran wide in turns. By halfway through, I was either in the lead or trailing the leader and would only pass if they messed up a turn...which inevitably they did. I did capture a vid of a player who took exception to me passing him on the outside. He decided to cut the next gate in order to ram me at the next. Both were right-hand turns and the angle that he hit me, he had clearly completely skipped the prior gate. We both went in to the wall, right before the finish line. I took 2nd, he took 6th...and we lost. So really not sure what the beef was.

Ambleside was the tricky one. If I started further up, 7-9th place, I could easily scoot up into the AI and start making for the front. If I was further back, I'd hang a bit until I could pass one at a time. It's not the place to go three wide into a corner. It is a tricky enough track that there are plenty of places to sneak in an opportunistic pass. But that being said, no I would not recommend the Limo to beginner drivers. The tune is very forgiving, but you need an awareness of your size and the cars around you in addition to actually trying to run the race.

And so far, I have not been in a race yet where I have seen someone else using a limo. Now, I don't typically do the Online Adventure except to qualify, so that might change things a bit.

Edit: Very interesting, I had never thought to compare them on a drag strip. Odd how it matched up the AI. And I have long given up on trying to make sense of the stat bars. Not only do they not match comparing cars, but even in the same car. I have had a larger speed or acceleration bar translate into lower performance numbers, so I just don't know. I actually have a front brake bias, forget the number, but I use it to tap the front brakes before kicking out the back end for some of the turns. Most notably ones like the two far turns at Tarn Hows. Just keep the throttle down and let it rally-style its way through. Also helps getting it to switch side to side in Ambleside. Both cars handled pretty similarly considering they are different builds though, and was fun to drive. I could turn laps just under 1:00 at Tarn Hows in either car. Never hit 0:58 though. At Ambleside, I was hitting 0:45 though slower with yours. But Derwent, you had me by a few seconds. All on automatic with ABS but no traction control.

Edited by user Monday, September 7, 2020 12:08:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 5:55:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
Both cars handled pretty similarly considering they are different builds though, and was fun to drive. I could turn laps just under 1:00 at Tarn Hows in either car. Never hit 0:58 though. At Ambleside, I was hitting 0:45 though slower with yours. But Derwent, you had me by a few seconds. All on automatic with ABS but no traction control.

I managed the following, but as stated elsewhere, not 'accurate' to 100%, done once per track (100% approximate?), racing on blueprinted Trial tracks, same as Trial conditions, racing against 'pro' as best match for Trial 'unbeatable' (also more consistent for me to judge differences as closer to my skill level), auto, T/S control off, sim steering.

Tarn Hows:
Mine: 1.00.494 / 3.09.490
Yours: 0.58.926 / 3.04.718 (made 0.58 ~ just)

Ambleside:
Mine: 0.45.145 / 2.23.277 (this also when I 'felt' I did much worse, got blocked, took longer to hit 1st)
Yours: 0.44.878 / 2.23.444

Derwent:
Mine: 2.43.797
Yours: 2.44.531

So, very similar, with not so similar stats. Forza Physics.

#42 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 11:05:03 AM(UTC)
Now since everybody is playing with Limo, I did try mine and it is really fun, bit slower then 1M, but not much.
Fun part is when needs be, you just fling back end out to catch that checkpoint :) and you're not the one being pushed around :)

Few times I did in a hurry
Tarn: 57.449 / 3.00.496
Ambleside: 43.499 / 2.17.513
Derwent: 2.39.279

Tune code - 130 492 646
#43 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 11:15:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post

Few times I did in a hurry
Tarn: 57.449 / 3.00.496
Ambleside: 43.499 / 2.17.513
Derwent: 2.39.279

I officially don't like you anymore, El Barto. lol

Gonna try that tune later to see what numbers I can post up. I did managed to sneak into 0:58 on Tarn Hows, but yeah, def not 0:57.

Gonna try it on Rivals as well so I don't have to battle it out in Ambleside.

#44 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 11:42:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TWELVEPACK PL Go to Quoted Post
Anybody’s else Photo Challenge reset in Festival Playlist? I did it yesterday while waiting for matchmaking for a Trail Race and it was reset today so I did again. Then I looked into history of Festival Playlist and last one of Series 25 also did reset and now it’s showing 99% complete. Not a big deal as I was looking for awhile for a reason to quit doing the Playlist 100% and just do enough for newly added cars but still it’s weird.

I seem to recall there's a bug where it will show uncompleted if you go to a DLC map, and completed again when you go back to the mainland. Is it that?
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error