#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2020 8:53:50 AM(UTC)
Whenever i upgrade a car i get confused when looking at the engine swaps. The engines with a lot of liters always have more power so what are the advantages of the turbo ones or the rally ones or even inline sixes with 3.2l?
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2020 12:45:57 PM(UTC)

A big topic this but it will allways depend on what you are after. A bigger engine will allso produce moore torque and too much torque means too much wheelspin. Bigger engines are also heavier so you will end up with a heavier car.

Btw, you know that you can add turbos on even the bigger engines? Makes them into hp-monsters that are close to undriveable without a 4WD-swap & wings
Gt: fairlane305
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 2:58:13 PM(UTC)
I use stock engine for every car, unless there are special circumstances the PI is better spent elsewhere.

The only engine swap I did in the last couple of months, was an A-Class Maserati Ghibli.

The car is so heavy and I didn't have enough PI for more than a stage 1 weight reduction, so it was more sensible to get a bit more grunt under the hood, then tweak other stuff with what I had left.

Just because engine swaps are available, it doesn't mean you have to use them, and they can often cause bigger problems than they solve.

I like how noobs always shove the biggest engine e in RWD cars, then complain about it being undrivable.

Edited by user Sunday, September 6, 2020 3:04:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error