2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 7:07:09 AM(UTC)
SUMMER | SERIES 26

Starts August 27 at 7:30am Pacific
Ends September 3 at 7:30am Pacific

This is the first season of Series 26.

The 1991 Bentley Turbo R is the new exclusive reward this season.

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP
  • 650 FP Car: 2010 Aston Martin One-77
  • 450 FP Car: 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
  • Clothing: Chainmail Tee
  • Car Horn: In the Hall of the Mountain King
  • Wheelspins cost this series: 40 FP & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST
  • 50% Summer Completion: 2016 Renault Clio R.S. 16 Concept (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 80% Summer Completion: 1966 Ford #2 GT40 MkII (Le Mans)
  • 50% Series Completion: 2018 Ford #88 Mustang RTR (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series Completion: 1974 Toyota Celica GT (previously available Exclusive model)

PHOTO CHALLENGE

#TRAINSPOTTERS
    Take a photo of your car with the Viaduct. Share your photo with the hashtag on Twitter for a chance to be featured in a future stream.
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge

Weekly Challenge:
[Must be done in sequence to count.
  • Own and drive the 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (free DLC)
  • Win 6 Street Scene events in your Eclipse GSX
  • Win 5 Drag Strip events in your Eclipse GSX
  • Earn 5 Showoff Skills in your Eclipse GSX

Daily Challenges:
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day.
  • Earn 3 Threading the Needle Skills
  • Earn Earn 4 stars in total from Drift Zones
  • Earn 3 Awesome Drafting Skills
  • Earn 1 Awesome Skill Chain
  • Earn 3 Ultimate Clean Racing Skills
  • Earn 2 Landscaping Skills
  • Earn 6 stars in total from PR Stunts

SEASONAL EVENTS

The unique reward listed for seasonal championship events requires you to place 1st against at or above the Highly Skilled Drivatar difficulty setting; the Trial requires Unbeatable difficulty. As of Series 24 Playground Games rewards the car for all participants, win or lose.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Batten Down the Hot Hatches" | Road Racing | (A800) Super Hot Hatch
  • Reward: Modern Race Helmet White

Seasonal Playground Games | Rail Yard | (C600) Rods and Customs
  • Reward: 1958 Plymouth Fury (previously available Exclusive model)
  • As of Series 24 you don't have to win the event to earn the reward.

PR Stunt: Open-Cast Cliff Danger Sign | 1,000.7 feet

PR Stunt: Lower Fell Speed Trap | 210.0 mph

PR Stunt: Strathbridge Speed Zone | 140.0 mph

Championship: "Lotus Eaters" | Road Racing | (A800) Lotus
  • Reward: 2009 Lotus 2-Eleven (previously available Exclusive model)

Championship: "The Sun Never Sets" | Street Scene | (A800) Retro Saloons
  • Reward: 1991 Bentley Turbo R (newly released Exclusive model)

Championship: "Old School Chic" | Road Racing | (D500) Classic Sports Cars
  • Reward: 2010 Lexus LFA (previously available Exclusive model)

MONTHLY EVENTS

• Monthly Rivals: Astmoor Heritage Circuit
  • Online Adventure - (requires 1 Qualifying race to get ranked)

Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist.

Edited by user Thursday, August 27, 2020 9:16:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 7:35:16 AM(UTC)
thanks for a complete waste of time forzathon. Think about how long the weekly non-sense takes. Please. what purpose to repeating something over an over???

Edited by user Thursday, August 27, 2020 7:54:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 7:48:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Weekly Challenge:
  • Own and drive the 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Assuming no typos here.. "Win 6 Street Scene events" ..Oh, A Wise Guy, Eh?

What happened here? Did PG look at the analytics and see that certain amount of people use 'ezy' races to complete 'win x y events', and decide, "You know what, no".

And to that we have win, "Win 5 Drag Strip events", granted, much quicker to complete, yet still 5 is not a number I recall seeing before for 'win x drag events'.

Followed by, get one of the more annoying skills to aim to get, "showoff" (yeah I am sure some find this an easy skill to get, I don't, completely opposite to my driving style).

Edited by user Thursday, August 27, 2020 7:49:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 8:05:07 AM(UTC)
Looks like this one was built on the same backbone as the previous season, and is giving out hidden Season 16 completion percent rewards again.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 8:21:38 AM(UTC)
Fun trial at least and any car in the category seems a viable option, used a Veloster that wasn't ideal at all for the 3 races topping out at 157mph but still got 2-1-2 thanks to the handling.

That Forzathon is a joke though, I didn't realise it was so difficult for a developer in 2020 to think up 3 fun activities to do in their game.
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 8:38:02 AM(UTC)
The I pace is a different experience to drive. Makes no difference if you have Auto or TCS etc enabled in terms of speed by the looks of the monthly rivals.
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 8:41:10 AM(UTC)

XBOX: " Excessive loading times when syncing data from previous Forza titles (where that title had a large save game) ".

I have this synchronization problem almost every day, more than half an hour to get into the game.
And when will that be fixed ?
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 9:23:49 AM(UTC)
I am seeing all the events and rewards from Season 16... what is up there?
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 9:24:00 AM(UTC)
<sorry, this website crashed when I posted. Repeat post>

Edited by user Thursday, August 27, 2020 9:25:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 9:24:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
Fun trial at least and any car in the category seems a viable option, used a Veloster that wasn't ideal at all for the 3 races topping out at 157mph but still got 2-1-2 thanks to the handling.

That Forzathon is a joke though, I didn't realise it was so difficult for a developer in 2020 to think up 3 fun activities to do in their game.

They could easily make one of the tasks each week a photo challenge with the car - it could even be a cryptic clue to the location like Fortune Treasure was. One race type activity - why not make it one race but with a requirement or beat a certain time or maybe two races for people who didn’t want to have to beat a target. The third one could then be something skills or PR activity based with more variety than now.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 10:48:02 AM(UTC)
Lots of road racing for summer, so lets dig into it.
Super hot hatch trial went well, just my tune needed a bit of tweaking but any way 2x 1st and 1x 2nd (lost to power build pro wall rider/master of pushing people out of the way.
A 800 MB A45 AMG, tune - 577 096 886
On rally tires for good grip.

Next in the line was solo championship with retro super saloons, where I first did try Volvo 850, but it didn't handle as I'd like, so
A 800 MB 190E 2.5-16 Evo 2, tune - 585 692 741
This one also uses rally tires.

Moving to my fav championship this week, Lotus cars, there are probably better cars to use, but I just love the way Exige looks and handles, so
A 800 Lotus Exige S, tune - 740 641 791
Runs stock tires and all handling bits.

and last championship with classic sports cars, with not much room to play with parts, I went for lil happy car :)
D 500 Austin-Healey Sprite Mk 1, tune - 402 744 223
Runs vintage tires and might struggle a bit on uphill sections and straights.

PR stunts as always .. Agera RS, tune - 167 849 655 used for danger sign and speed trap and McLaren Senna, tune - 176 256 116 used for speed zone.

Forzathon ... hmm, I'm fairly sure you have to have Mitsubishi car pack to actually use Eclipse, along with ungodly amount of challenges, so I'm not sure what kind of thought process went back there, anyway.
A 800 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, tune - 156 688 904, runs rally tires and V8, used Coastal Charge street scene event to grind, then festival drag and lastly Mudkickers 4x4 for those pesky Showoff skills.

A lil pic for the end:

EDIT
Forgot to say, considering what's this week Forzathon, I won't be using any higher difficulty then new driver.
Also for those needing to level their drift, there is weekly challenge on Fortune island

As always, I hope this can be of any help to somebody, take care everyone and have fun, bb

Edited by user Thursday, August 27, 2020 12:14:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 4 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:01:07 AM(UTC)
6 Street Scenes, lol. The parts of this game which are similar to NFS are the worst. In NFS the night races work much better since the AI cars aren't made of concrete and the physics is unrealistic so it can be easier to dodge.

Personally, I'm doing it to get that big boy.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 12:16:22 PM(UTC)

Weekly Challenge:

I actually love that. I always complete entire season in a single day (plus the dailies later on) and it often felt like not enough.
This time we have 11 races and at least one additional to complete all the parts of Weekly Forzathon.
All done in C class car.
I get my point of view won't be popular, but it doesn't mean I don't have rights to express my opinion ;)

2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 1:00:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: coryphen Go to Quoted Post

Weekly Challenge:

I actually love that. I always complete entire season in a single day (plus the dailies later on) and it often felt like not enough.
This time we have 11 races and at least one additional to complete all the parts of Weekly Forzathon.
All done in C class car.
I get my point of view won't be popular, but it doesn't mean I don't have rights to express my opinion ;)

The events themselves are pretty bad, though.

The 6 races, you can minimize the annoyance by running a slower car. Still takes excessively long (and longer in a C class).

The 5 drag races just aren't fun. You can run Horizon Festival Strip to make it easier, but it's still repeating 5 drags. The very definition of a grind.

Showoff skills in a C class Eclipse... Might want to convert that to RWD, because that thing ain't slidin' with AWD and little power, lol.

IMO the best Forzathon events involve actually completing the events. The rest is just grind, no real challenge. There have been really cool Forzathons in the past, but this isn't one of them.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 4 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 2:50:57 PM(UTC)
It not that a mind doing that stuff but it is extremely annoying to have to load 9 races from scratch every time, especially for a drag race which is shorter than the load time. Let us blueprint a 5 race, 3 race whatever championship than so we can skip the ridiculous loading screens for the 10th time. Like it is when you do the championships coop, so much time saved.

Edited by user Thursday, August 27, 2020 2:52:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 9:23:22 PM(UTC)
Wall riders annoy me immensely.

Attention wall riders, i will deliberately not try my best to win, matter of fact i will not help you at all win a race.

Cry foul i don't care, nothing in the rules says i have to help you win, especially so when you ignore the "race clean" message at the beginning of the race.

Wall riders are the scum of FH4 and should be treated as such.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:30:13 PM(UTC)
I really like the Bentley, but it deserved more love. It should have had the Audi RS6 Avant and the Bentley W12 engines available, not (just) the standard AMG V8/Lambo V10/Lambo V12 combo. :(

So I'll keep mine a low B700 with that glorious "six and three quarters" engine with enough torque to move a planet.

Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Wall riders annoy me immensely.

Attention wall riders, i will deliberately not try my best to win, matter of fact i will not help you at all win a race.

Cry foul i don't care, nothing in the rules says i have to help you win, especially so when you ignore the "race clean" message at the beginning of the race.

Wall riders are the scum of FH4 and should be treated as such.

Need for Speed Underground, in 2003, already had wall riders. 15 years of evolution in racing games for nothing.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#18 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 1:15:58 AM(UTC)
Aloha,

Some suggestions for this weeks PR events and online seasonal events, for those that find such useful. All tunes are my own, unless otherwise noted, all shared by myself (or others). ~ tune name / share code. If you use anything offered here, and you like it/it was useful to you, please don't forget to leave a like.

Online:
**Trial: "Batten Down the Hot Hatches" | Road Racing | (A800) Super Hot Hatch
**Car used: 2014 VW Golf R (Autoshow 50,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Road / 128 621 331

A.I.: seem more competitive offline/solo vs. the trial, behavior offline and in the trial is okay, only the occasional oddball bad behavior. I watched "Waznewz" (youtuber/tuner) trial video, my experience to the A.I. matches what you can see there, as does the teammate behavior I encountered - for me (and Waznewz it seems) there was a greater number of rammers than normal.
Using the VW Golf R, Super Hot Hatch as a type doesn't really grab me, so not knowing what to used I took the car I had already tuned for A class. Offline I only really had issues with the A.I. using the Mercedes-Benz (well what the A.I. appeared to be using), which makes some sense as its speed stat is higher. In the trial, as mentioned, none of the A.I. were particularly difficult, was my teammates that were a problem - "I need to be first, no matter the cost" type. I have no issue letting people pass if they seem faster, provided it is possible without incident, contrariwise, if you are slower, and I am faster, don't block me, or worse ram when passed - bad look for them, took 1st 2 out of 3 races. Car is AWD as standard, running race tires, Rocket Bunny rear wing, and it has the hazard light for the roof.

**Seasonal Playground Games | Rail Yard | (C600) Rods and Customs
**Car used: 1932 Ford Deluxe 5 Window Coupe (Autoshow 35,000 Cr)
**Tune: C600 Games / 117 319 484

Something fun, good smooth driver, nice for fast turns, may not be fastest, but holds its own. Tune is AWD, supercharged, rally tires, rally suspension, hot rod body (no fenders/guards), no hood/bonnet (flathead with side pipes), no bumpers, chopped.

PR Stunts:
- Strathbridge Speed Zone, 2018 McLaren Senna - 'New S2 Road Race' (111 960 179) by Don Joewon Song,
- Lower Fell Speed Trap, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544),
- Open-Cast Cliff Danger Sign, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544).
If you wonder why I use the ungainly Rimac for stunts, it is because it needs almost no run up to complete most stunts, case in point, the danger sign this week can be taken straight on, without worrying too much about needing to turn at all (you do need to turn slightly, it is a very tiny amount).

Did the one solo event (so far), as really wanted the Bentley, for me this is the best of the cars offered this month, really different and unique. New Heavy Hitter contender (vs. the Vintage Bentley)?

Solo championships - Raced against Expert, Steering: Simulation, ABS: on, Traction/Stability; Off, Gearbox: Auto.
**Championship: "The Sun Never Sets" | Street Scene | (A800) Retro Saloons
**Car used: 1990 MB 190E 2.5-16 Evolution ii (Autoshow 150,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Road RWD / 158 332 868

Quick car, only had issues with the A.I.'s chosen lead, once caught however, race was over for the A.I. - this A.I. car was the only one for each race that was anywhere near me, don't know what happened to the other A.I. Tune i s RWD (very stable), race tires, as stock appearance (induce stock aero).

Have fun.

Edited by user Friday, August 28, 2020 1:17:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling tense

1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 3:01:29 AM(UTC)
For those curious about the choice of the Eclipse, for the weekly event, the Mitsubishi DLC car pack is currently available for free.
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 4:00:38 AM(UTC)
I gave the new Bentley Turbo R a try for A class with rally tyres. It's heavy, with soft suspension, so reasonably stable over bumps. I tested it on Highland Farm Scramble, and was able to beat Jezza's standing start Atomic Punk time when I also did a standing start (but I don't think Jezza did many laps to set that time), and I also beat FN's Atomic Punk flying lap with a flying lap. However, my feeling is that it is nonetheless slower than the Atomic Punk. It's definitely not terrible, though, if anyone wants to try it out, my tune is shared (search by my name to find it).

I spent a bit of time edging ahead of Jezza in the i Pace monthly rivals. I can't believe the real car drives like that, it just wouldn't be safe for a production car to go straight into a slide with 10% braking and 10 degrees of wheel rotation.
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 5:08:10 AM(UTC)
I’m not gonna bother with weekly forzathon.
#22 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 5:31:18 AM(UTC)

About the solo championship; Mercedes MB 190E tune(AWD): 745 652 671

+ A Ford Cosworth RS500 tune: 458 365 328 (a bit faster than the Merce..)
Gt: fairlane305
#23 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 7:15:18 AM(UTC)
Got all five Show off Skills running the Gauntlet. Just dropped to the back of the field and started picking them off, just choose your moments. Done by 80% of the race.
#24 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 7:42:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MetalGibbon553 Go to Quoted Post
For those curious about the choice of the Eclipse, for the weekly event, the Mitsubishi DLC car pack is currently available for free.

Currently and permanently. ;)

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#25 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 10:59:38 AM(UTC)
Are they still giving out Season 16 bonuses for 50/80% completions? Does anyone have a list of what those were again for Spring/Summer etc....
ty
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error