2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 11:54:48 AM(UTC)
Hello, I took a game account from a friend to try forza motorsport 7 played for half a day and the game crashes in about 20 minutes, such a problem is present and other players have few of them, but they are, I really liked the game I want to buy, but these game crashes stop me from purchases. What to do?
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 11:36:30 AM(UTC)
Assuming you are on PC - I'm on August 2020 updates to Win 10 2004 and GTX 1070 with latest Nvidia driver 27.21.14.5206; notencountering any issues here but suggest you play around with the in-game video options to make sure they match your display and graphics characteristics.
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 7:26:03 AM(UTC)
Im using a RTX2070 and the latest nvidia drive made the game crash and stutter constantly, try rolling back drives to 442.50 and it should fix it. could also try 446.14
#4 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 7:58:44 AM(UTC)
Constant CtD's with driver 456.38 too. Maybe it's the game not these drivers that is at fault.
#5 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 8:31:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkSideDaMoon Go to Quoted Post
Constant CtD's with driver 456.38 too. Maybe it's the game not these drivers that is at fault.

Its the driver, my game was running stable, until i installed the latest driver, now its crashing at car selection. I will wait and see if the next driver update is fixing it, otherwise i will have to install an older driver
#6 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 8:39:29 AM(UTC)
2 days ago i downloaded forza motorsport 7 when i started the game it worked fine. than the next day i started the game and it kept crashing when i tryed to race online.
any fixes?
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 2:12:34 AM(UTC)
I bought this game recently without knowing the mess this is on PC. After trying to buy my first car the game crashed every time on the preset/color choice.
Searched a lot for solutions and all pointed to increase the swap page size to 8GB or 16GB. This semi-fixed the problem now the game only crashed like every 4 or so races.
Then I found a thread on Reddit where someone suggested trying the game at medium graphic settings and that did the trick, somehow no more crashes for hours of playtime.

TLTR;
page swap 16GB
graphics preset: medium
resolution: target 60fps (without VSYNC)
render the game at 1440p (my monitor is 1080) to help a bit with the medium settings

MY HW:
i7 4770
16GB ram
GTX 1080

Hope this helps someone have a better experience with this mess of a port.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 9:54:39 AM(UTC)
For the past 2 days I've had continuous crashes to desktop for fourth of motor sport 7 PC I have updated it I have deleted it and re downloaded it twice none of my other games are having any problems FH4 and FH3 are fine. no crashes\

The crashes occur when starting a race regardless of career or single player. no crashes to desktop until starting a race then it freezes and crashes. i tried turning off windows defender and have no other antivirus programs running. very frustating never had this problem before in last 2 years. with FM7. Any ideas??????

MSI i78750 16gb ram latest version Windows 10 latest nvidia drivers GTX 1070 max q. this is a new problem never had it with FM7 before
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 11:18:58 AM(UTC)
The latest drivers cause the game to crash, that error is reported in the Nvidia forums.

Go back to the old drivers until they release new ones that fix the problem.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 2:37:12 PM(UTC)
thank you so much will do that!
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 5:33:12 AM(UTC)
Firstly sorry for my poor English...
I bought game from LeMans sale last week. I downloaded the game and play GT2 Rs race, truck race, and GTR race. After that I tried to play first cup on single player. When I tried to select car for Hot Hatch Cup game freezing and closing every time. I couldn't find any solutions for this annyoing error. Please help me guys.
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 6:18:20 AM(UTC)
Anyone else encountered this?

I've just been forced to the newest AMD driver update, 20.4.2, and now the game won't get past the first screen where it asks press A/Enter. It just crashes.

Running an old but capable XFX R9 280X with an FX-8350. This crash wasn't an issue before the update.

And for good measure, AMD doesn't make it easy to allow people to roll back to the previous version that actually works.

Anyone know of a good work around?

#13 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 11:28:43 AM(UTC)
I have the same issue since 2017. The game runs fine at 200+ fps, on High settings with 2x MSAA and 16x Filtering on a 200 Hz screen. Multiplayer lobby since the new Windows 10 update and NVIDIA Sept 2020 Drivers, has been crashing where the game closes itself.

Fixes I tried
1. Old drivers (ones that worked earlier)
2. Reset Forza Storage (in app settings)
3. Rolled back windows
4. Re-installed Forza and reset all graphics setting

I'm out of options now.
#14 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 12:28:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Numair Aidroos Go to Quoted Post
I have the same issue since 2017. The game runs fine at 200+ fps, on High settings with 2x MSAA and 16x Filtering on a 200 Hz screen. Multiplayer lobby since the new Windows 10 update and NVIDIA Sept 2020 Drivers, has been crashing where the game closes itself.

Fixes I tried
1. Old drivers (ones that worked earlier)
2. Reset Forza Storage (in app settings)
3. Rolled back windows
4. Re-installed Forza and reset all graphics setting

I'm out of options now.

***FINAL FIX for version 1.174.4791.2
1. Reset the APP (STEP 3 is important)
2. Delete all TUNES on the Market Place
3. DO NOT RESTORE FROM XBOX CLOUD
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2020 6:54:40 PM(UTC)
Hi all, I recently got a new 240hz vrr monitor and have been having trouble with FM7 crashing to desktop when loading races with the framerate setting set to unlocked. GPU is an RTX 2080 Super, latest driver. I am currently reinstalling the game to see if that solves the issue since I had no problems uncapped with my old 144hz display. Could this be a driver issue? Or is 240hz too high for this game.
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2020 8:56:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkSideDaMoon Go to Quoted Post

this seems to happen with all drivers newer than 431.60 (or 432.00 which is a Version that comes with Windows Update and is not available publicly).

Really annoying...

#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 11:31:04 AM(UTC)
Same here. Just updated to 456.71. The problem is still here.
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 12:51:03 PM(UTC)
same here - mental crashing all the time :( this is horrific.

after 1st race, ctd during the cut scene
~ 30secs into 2nd race (race trucks) and ctd
managed to do the truck race and the wet race, got a car and started a championship to have it ctd during track load...

2700X, 2070S, 16gb ram and running from SSD at 3440x1440
everything at ultra and set for 60fps v-sync (frame rate show a constant 100fps tho).

monitoring gpu and ram, nothing seems to be maxing out. The game CTD's without an error, but Event Viewer always flags a crash with nvwgf2umx.dll (see text at end) - not seen this error before in any other game, so 99% Forza issue.

Originally running 456.38 drivers, then tried the latest 456.71 and still bad. The messaged above suggests "this seems to happen with all drivers newer than 431.60 (or 432.00 which is a Version that comes with Windows Update and is not available publicly)." - but the earliest 2070S driver on Nvidia archive is 441.66.... wtf?!?

Just dl'd 442.50 and going to try that - but it would be a rubbish fix, as other games will benefit from the newer drivers...

I also seem to get micro-stuttering at times... fps doesn't show a drop or anything, but almost like a duplicate frame occasionally... really annoying, but not as much as the crashing.

Faulting application name: ForzaMotorsport7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d3a447d
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 27.21.14.5671, time stamp: 0x5f75538c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000d523bc
Faulting process ID: 0x2e0c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d69d9e1a79e1d1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.174.4791.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaMotorsport7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_feed726c6560f7a7\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report ID: fe225e01-0440-46b5-a6bc-fe9191cf6ebd
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.174.4791.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: forzamotorsport7
#19 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 12:10:37 AM(UTC)
Hey,

Game crashes. Every time I start career, watcha movie and there is a moment when I should drive as Muller guy games crashes. Any ideas?
#20 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 1:55:54 AM(UTC)
Buying a console.
#21 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 3:17:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Buying a console.

Looking for solution not snarky comment if You can't afford proper gaming PC ;)
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 6:32:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Diakon1356 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Buying a console.

Looking for solution not snarky comment if You can't afford proper gaming PC ;)

Solution to what? I gave you one.
#23 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 6:43:28 AM(UTC)
It always crashed a fixed number of seconds after I enter the freeplay menu. I don't have to even choose a track. I could just go there, look at things and when I try to return to main menu, it crashes. When I do choose a track, and get it to load, it crashes there too, before screen with the track name shows up. I found a thread about this from 2 years ago where the problem 'disappeared' after reinstallation. I don't want to reinstall the game over something like this.

Is there any way to fix this? I cannot afford to spend 100 GB to download it fresh. Nor do I have the time to let the computer sit a whole day, with the installation hogging my disk.

Edit:- This is happening in the middle of multiplayer too. I was spectating and somehow ended up back in lobby and a crash followed. Can't play rivals either. Crashes soon after entering rivals menu.

Edited by user Friday, October 9, 2020 8:52:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 7:22:39 AM(UTC)
tried disabling Avast and it seemed to be better, but as soon as I got comfortable it crashed again.

Rolled back to 442.50 drivers and so far it seems stable. 3440x1440 everything on max with 200% scaling and still 100 fps, ace!

But, there's a load of graphics issues....

flags/crowd flickering
car lights sometimes not working in the dark (not changed car after loading the track, so not that bug - just driving the EB111 on the night race and suddenly its lights turn off. then a bit later they come on, then off, etc.)
bridges/items flashing at times, like a light it turning on/off near them (also happens to the driver on the menu screen)
LOD is pretty awful at times too - can see low poly objects jump to high poly quite close.

generally seems like a buggy mess on PC

(I've read that the LOD and crowd flickers can possibly be fixed by downgrading the graphics settings to dynamic and 100% scaling. Going to try dynamic 1st, as the 200% scaling is too nice to lose)
#25 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 7:25:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Diakon1356 Go to Quoted Post
Hey,

Game crashes. Every time I start career, watcha movie and there is a moment when I should drive as Muller guy games crashes. Any ideas?

Install an old graphics card driver, new drivers cause the game to crash. The game has been a mess on the PC from the beginning, it got fixed after a couple of months, but is now unplayable again, so buy a console isn't actually bad advice, if you want to play this game. I will wait for the next driver update from NVIDIA, if that doesn't fix the crashes, i will delete the game for good.

Don't expect any sort of fix from T10, they give so little of a **** about this game, they can't even be bothered to fix the forum that has been broken for months now.

Edited by user Friday, October 9, 2020 7:29:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error