4 Pages1234PrevNext
#51 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 12:18:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
So, what do you mean? Like the inactive timer? when you sit on the side of the track for 30 seconds and it just counts you out? You'd have to rejoin another lobby, wouldn't you?

For ranked adventures, the countdown is 40 seconds for you to choose a car. If you get an adventure type you don't like, maybe it's cross country and you would prefer a road race, if you do not press anything, when it gets to 10 seconds a warning will appear that you will be disconnected. Then 10 seconds later it will put you back to free roam, without you losing any ranking points.

Rarely, the 10 second warning will not appear. In this case, you would have to quit the game manually, by ALT+F4 on a PC, or by whatever means necessary on console (either force quit it somehow, or simply quickly turn the power off I guess).

Edited by user Sunday, August 2, 2020 12:20:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#52 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 12:19:58 AM(UTC)
trail this week hot garbage and pgg... my normal comment on that.
#53 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 5:00:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
So, what do you mean? Like the inactive timer? when you sit on the side of the track for 30 seconds and it just counts you out? You'd have to rejoin another lobby, wouldn't you?

For ranked adventures, the countdown is 40 seconds for you to choose a car. If you get an adventure type you don't like, maybe it's cross country and you would prefer a road race, if you do not press anything, when it gets to 10 seconds a warning will appear that you will be disconnected. Then 10 seconds later it will put you back to free roam, without you losing any ranking points.

Rarely, the 10 second warning will not appear. In this case, you would have to quit the game manually, by ALT+F4 on a PC, or by whatever means necessary on console (either force quit it somehow, or simply quickly turn the power off I guess).

Yeah, I don't know about you guys, but it takes me so long to find a session sometimes, that there's no point. If I'm just going to be dropped in free roam, and have to wait again to find another session, I'll just take what I'm given.
#54 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 5:52:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, I don't know about you guys, but it takes me so long to find a session sometimes, that there's no point. If I'm just going to be dropped in free roam, and have to wait again to find another session, I'll just take what I'm given.

Yes, it depends if you just want to play whatever, or if you are serious about increasing your rank and want to maximise your chances by cherry picking the event types or courses you're best at and avoiding the others. If you don't care about your rank much and only want to play then this advice isn't for you.

btw, why is this forum now splitting and hyphenating words which go onto the next line, rather than putting the whole word on the next line, I don't think it used to do this did it? It's stupid anyway.
#55 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 5:53:51 AM(UTC)
I don’t think it’s feasible for Team Adventure but it doesn’t take too long to find a FFA. I wouldn’t have the patience to do what FullNietzsche does but I don’t find it too difficult to skip the occasional adventure if I’m getting particularly fed up with too much cross country.
#56 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 6:19:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Trial wasn’t too bad although whoever decided Edinburgh Station was a good idea for S2 with no ghosting at the start should try a future in comedy. That first corner was tricky!

Found the Trial quite easy and i do love the Road races. I was using the Pagani with ReZoaK's tune. Once in front nothing catches up.

I think a fair few who have problems are the ones who have trouble handling the S2 cars which is understandable. A mistake can put you way back in the field and basically they have no hope unless they are good drivers and can get back up, which i have done a couple of times when AI knocked me out or Team mate accidently lost control lol!!!!!

Welcome relief from the CC and Dirt we have had lately.

Overall i'm quite enjoying the Summer :)

Edited by user Sunday, August 2, 2020 5:42:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 7:17:01 AM(UTC)
Agree Rex - this is definitely one of the best trials in the last few months. Just tried the Zonda C as I’d forgotten it was a Hypercar. I used GreetedDust8’s tune rather than ReZoaK’s but it’s very strong. Easily reached 220mph on the motorway on the first sprint. Won all three races by miles. It’s a wet tune but still worked well in the dry Summer conditions.
#58 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 10:21:58 AM(UTC)
Late start for me on this week's challenges; was trying to finish up a paint for the PTG contest.

The Trial is going to be tough for me, I'm not strong at S2 but we will see. My first ever Trial was an S2 street and I had to be carried through that one. Hopefully, I've gotten better since then.

But man alive, the M-B Tankpool challenge? Like what? Why is it when you select races, it doesn't give you a truck class? It puts you in open...with a vehicle that can't turn at any kind of speed whatsoever. (I kicked up the braking pressure so I slide the back end around...might not earn me any better times, but it makes it more fun/less frustrating) I normally run between Expert and Pro depending on the car/class/season. But yeah, had to nerf the entire crowd for this one. Got blown away at Above Average...so yeah. lol

Ran a Regalia at the PPG though, that was fun. Still people don't know that you get credit either way, was down to three members by the second game. Almost managed to win still. That would have been great, lol.
#59 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 10:25:09 AM(UTC)
To add to the weekly Forzathon I won 3 street races and only 2 had counted.

Minor inconvenience but there really isn't much hope for a racing game if it can't process races you've won is there?
#60 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 10:58:32 PM(UTC)
Since I first got the game I have always driven S2 cars in freeroam, and Goliath, so anything else is a step down for me. A class is really easy if you only drive S2 in practice.
#61 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 12:53:58 AM(UTC)
Wow, ok, so I see what all the commotion is about now.

Just ran the Trial tonight. Ok, so first off, I have gotten better. Part of that may be due to having a better selection of cars than when I first started. I don't have some of the cars mentioned already but I had a Bugatti Veryon that I tuned up as well as some others. I wasn't 100% on the Bugatti so I tuned an Italdesign. I like it. I like it a lot. Not the highest top speed, but very easy to drive, very controllable, brakes easily and picks right back up again. So yeah, that was my pick.

The Trial - So the races were tough...ok, not so much the races, but the racers. Crashing wildly into those first turns is just so unnecessary. I can see banking off of an AI to improve your position and back up an opponent, but when you do it to one of your own, it takes points away from you too. I was able to place 2nd in each race but never quite got first. I also have a tendency to be placed near the back of the pack so that always makes it fun. I had thought that Edinburgh Station was going to be my downfall but I actually did consistently well with it. With Holyrood it was a matter of avoiding my own teammates. Personally, I hate than someone can miss a gate and completely ruin your turn before phasing out to redo the gate. As soon as that countdown timer starts, they should be ghosted so they are not messing up the rest of the race. Haven't won the Trial yet, there has only been a max of two of us earning points so far in each race. The last two, I was literally the only one earning anything. Byw guys, thanks for not dropping out when you are dead last, really appreciated. lol

2018 Italdesign Zerouno Tune: 128 473 218

PGG - So I thought it would be funny to run the Regalia, being so long. Akin to my running of the Limo during one other Games. But let me tell you, it actually did well. Now, this isn't Mudkicker's. The turns are sweeping, plenty of fast track to go. It was fast enough to score flags. It was very tough to track down for King or Infection. So I was pleasantly surprised.
Quartz Regalia Tune: 362 822 637

Cult Following - I was already planning on running the Karmann Ghia, tuned it up with a grip tune. Ok, so low on horsepower, but you could run flat out through nearly every turn. It won but was nothing stellar. Had the Isetta already tuned from last week/week prior? So it out-accelerated everything easily. Had a low top speed but since it was about 450 points, the AI was nerfed also. Easily won.
1967 VW Karmann Ghia
1957 BMW Isetta 200 Export Tune: 742 555 298

Down Under- Ran a Torana. Quick acceleration, great grip, easy to drive. Just ate the dirt roads.
1977 Holden torana A9X Tune: 136 304 532

Dream - First tune of the van was a grip tune. Took too long to catch the lead car. On the last race, that long uphill...it just kept slowing down and nearly lost. Took off the sport tires, hopped up the engine a bit more. Now it's a wee bit slidy in the turns but it has the power to pull away, even uphill.
1983 GMC Vandura Tune: 370 371 558

PR Stunt Trap VW ID R Tune: 220 347 284

PR Stunt Zone VW ID R

PR Stunt Danger Sign - 1961 Maserati Tipo Tune: 173 792 945

Edited by user Monday, August 3, 2020 9:09:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#62 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 5:44:05 AM(UTC)
Pretty sure the Forzathon with the truck is a repeat of a week we had last year... So many cars not yet featured in Forzathon and they choose to repeat a bad event.

If we're getting the Holdens as exclusive cars, then we could have had some of the Fords featured in the Forzathon, right? Or even the 1992 Falcon GT rounding off the month, considering it was a car developed and built in Australia despite what Ford wants you to believe. Oh well, missed opportunity...
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#63 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 6:26:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Pretty sure the Forzathon with the truck is a repeat of a week we had last year... So many cars not yet featured in Forzathon and they choose to repeat a bad event.

It is. All of these weeklies are repeated from one of the previous months.
#64 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:12:55 AM(UTC)
Ok, so 10 runs of the the Trial later and still haven't done it.

So far, aside from my first two runs, I have not finished lower than 4th. My last was a 1st, 3rd, 1st...so that was awesome. I have been getting better at navigating the start so that has helped. However, I typically only have one other person earning points. I can understand hanging on through the first race...so you can be carried through the next two. But if you are also losing the second race, and you are literally contributing NO points whatsoever, please DROP OUT!! There is no benefit in you staying and you are only causing everyone else to lose as well. I enjoy the races...when I first started, this would have been a nightmare, but I have gotten better and can enjoy it now. So I'll keep running...and counting...to find out how long it takes, lol.

I might try a few different cars; but I really like how the Italdesign runs.
#65 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:20:39 AM(UTC)
I have sent You a message via xbox app. Did the message arrive?

Anyway, I can help You with trial. Invite me or smth ;)
#66 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:39:59 AM(UTC)
The Buggy championship on Fortune Island is pretty tough. The first and 3rd race, it's a good thing they were 5 laps, because it took me that long to take the lead. On the second race, I was able to take the lead by the 3rd lap, but then had to hold it for 3 more.

The only reason I won is because the game arranged the AI in a grid that gave me a fighting chance mathematically.

Buggies are hard.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:56:00 AM(UTC)
Ziperr, thanks, I haven't been on Xbox yet. But I will sign on now if you are on. The morning is not my best for racing (morning-brain, lol) but it's worth a go. I'll send you a reply.

Peregrine, so is Fortune Island worth it? I've been thinking about it. Is it just more challenges or is there something particularly special about it?
#68 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 5:29:53 AM(UTC)
I’d be up for running the trial in convoy but realistically won’t be on for a few hours (could do 4 hours from now if that works). If you haven’t sorted out a convoy by then, give me a shout.
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 6:30:48 AM(UTC)
Please, you and Ziperr in the same convoy? My ego would take a beating. lol

"So how'd you do?"

"Oh, well, Ziperr, Jezza, Rex, NightDriver, and AquaPainter all joined me"

"That's gre--"

"I came in last" lol

Thank you both for the offer, but I just completed it. Twelve times a charm, as they say. And my word, in the most unlikely way. MS6 has the whole replay/save feature. Man, I wished this had it, I would rewatch it from every single car's perspective. So..was it an astounding performance? No, it was a train wreck. At least four cars completely dive-bombed the corners including a massively-fast Centanario but they collected the AI along with them. So the first race actually had four AI all at the back of the pack. Edinburgh Station had that same ability, with the tight turns, they just crashed up almost everybody...was tough getting out of it myself. With Holyrood, however, that tactic didn't work and the four of them were all at the back. But, we won 2-1. Not my classiest win, but it did the job.
#70 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 7:22:59 AM(UTC)
The Mercedes truck was a bit annoying but doable on the right tracks. I did the trial twice and got the exact same results both times.

2nd
1st
1st

The second time I was helping a friend get through it. I've heard complaints about the voice chat in the beginning but never really paid attention because I had no use for it. When we tried to use it on Sunday it just wasn't happening. Managed to use xbox party voice chat instead. Does the in game chat just not work?
#71 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 7:54:06 AM(UTC)
@IngoingCake8592
Glad you made it.
I can also offer help if needed, just contact me if you see me online.

Sine I was bored yesterday night, I went with mentality of 0 F given and queue into PGG with Maserati Gran Turismo S. We won 1:3, 4 out 6 people on opposite team quit.
Worrying thing tho, I actually had fun driving the hell out of rally spec Maserati and annoy Bentleys, lol.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#72 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 8:33:13 AM(UTC)
Good stuff Cake. Nicely done! I find the trick if people ask how you got on in a convoy is to answer on behalf of the whole group. “We won” avoids the need to specify a position!
#73 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 9:11:31 AM(UTC)
El Barto, thanks for the offer.

I will still be running it, it's a fun race. And kinda the same as the nightmare Buggy Trial - now that I have completed it, I'll be there for anyone else who needs points. I have a few other cars I want to try it with...one is a Zenvo tune that someone mentioned.

Funny thing you said about the Mas...I had the same thought when I picked the Regalia. But it ended up actually being a strong performer despite it being a considerable target.
#74 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 9:49:33 AM(UTC)
Just ran it again for fun using a Veneno tuned to 980, glad I wasn't going for the prize put it that way.

I lapped 1 of my teammates on the last race and was probably only 3-4 seconds off lapping another, that says it all.

Great trial, shame about the what seems to be majority of the participants.

Like I said earlier in this thread some form of qualifying event to be able to participate in trials in FH5 would be good and benefit everybody.

Veneno was very good for S2980 though and I'd recommend trying it at least once.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 11:00:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
Peregrine, so is Fortune Island worth it? I've been thinking about it. Is it just more challenges or is there something particularly special about it?

It's a new map, with new courses and PR stunts and stuff. I'd estimate it's roughly half to ⅔ the size of the main game map, and a handful of cars that come bundled with it. The terrain is a bit more challenging, so there's a bit more rally focus. The 'treasure hunt' theme was fun while it lasted, but was over rather quick. And I haven't needed any credits since.

I like it, if only for the new environment and a change of scenery, and courses that I don't do nearly as often as the mainland stuff. I just wish I had an excuse to go there more often. There's nothing stopping me; I just don't think about it. The major weekly activities, with the playlist, and the new content unlocks are all on the mainland, so they get the focus. The DLC maps have their own weeklies, but they're all repeats on a rotating cycle with wheelspins being the only prize, so they're low cost to miss. Sometimes I'll do the weekly Forzathon there if I can, just for the change of pace.

I don't mind the Lego theme park too much for the same reason, even if the map size was a bit of a letdown.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error