#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 6:08:43 PM(UTC)
I've been pouring my heart out over this franchise, giving lengthy experts on how to improve the game, and it's future titles. However, on numerous occasions I read that the PG team doesn't even monitor this site, and the closest you're going to get is having some mod read it. If this is true, I would be very **** ed to find out i've been basically talking to a wall this whole time. I didn't write these to have "if-i-sound-like-a-british-banker-in-1865-i'm-automatically-correct" Hieronymus or "go-do-rivals-if-you're-bored" luckeydoug1 tell me basic snarky replies and let the idea die off right then and there. I'm not expecting them to scour the site all day, but do they ever check-in at all?
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 9:27:47 PM(UTC)
Video: YouTube | Twitch

Chris Esaki appeared during the July 2020 Forza Monthly livestream. Although he was talking about Forza Motorsport, this effectively answers your question. "We've read every forum post, we're all over social media, we know every single feature and car request that have ever come into the Forza Motorsport universe so I think we're pretty in tune. "

But if you have feedback, a good way to deliver that directly is via ticket at the Forza Support site.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 9:29:45 PM(UTC)
Never that I've ever seen or heard of. I've heard they do use Discord, and have even solicited opinion/suggestion from whatever randoms were there. One might think the official forums would be a developer target destination for engagement, but apparently that is not the case in reality.

Despite any constructive dialog that may be had with you or anyone else, I suppose to some degree it's not surprising they have have no presence here at all when you consider the way many forum users eviscerate both the devs and their work endlessly. However, I still expect their presence to be forthcoming here on a somewhat regular basis just for the sake of professionalism, if anything at all, ...albeit not enthusiastically.

Maybe give Discord the try?

Edited by user Friday, July 31, 2020 9:34:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Every train needs a caboose, right?
#4 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 11:58:10 PM(UTC)
They are people, they should be interested in what they have achieved.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 12:16:20 AM(UTC)
Quote:
Chris Esaki: "We've read every forum post"

🤔

Kudos if they do read them, but it makes it even more disappointing that they haven't acted on some of the most common complaints which are easy to fix then, like the loud volume on start-up.

How's about changing the ranked adventure algorithm so it gives more than one race in ten on roads, and offers up 90% cross country and dirt like it does now. Nobody wants to play that stuff which is why the matches are down to a handful of players by the end (or even at the start). (I know SOME people do like it... but most of us want races on roads. I know you don't want us to want that, and maybe it irritates you that we don't want to play what you want us to play... but how about giving the customers what they want, it seems to work well in other lines of business?)

Edited by user Saturday, August 1, 2020 12:58:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 8:14:57 AM(UTC)
They can keep saying they read it but unless they implement fixes to bugs that are reported daily here and ignored even on ticket support, I won't believe them.
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 11:37:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

🤔

Kudos if they do read them, but it makes it even more disappointing that they haven't acted on some of the most common complaints which are easy to fix then, like the loud volume on start-up.

How's about changing the ranked adventure algorithm so it gives more than one race in ten on roads, and offers up 90% cross country and dirt like it does now. Nobody wants to play that stuff which is why the matches are down to a handful of players by the end (or even at the start). (I know SOME people do like it... but most of us want races on roads. I know you don't want us to want that, and maybe it irritates you that we don't want to play what you want us to play... but how about giving the customers what they want, it seems to work well in other lines of business?)

Dood. The loud volume on startup is what it should be. The rest of the game is wrong. It's getting better, but that's the case. Stop pointing the finger at the wrong things. The cars need better engineering, not the startup. Leave that thing alone.
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 12:13:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

🤔

Dood. The loud volume on startup is what it should be. The rest of the game is wrong. It's getting better, but that's the case. Stop pointing the finger at the wrong things. The cars need better engineering, not the startup. Leave that thing alone.

Also it's still better than GTA V, the only game where I have to put the TV volume twice above the usual level for it to sound the same as the rest.
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 7:34:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Novaly6933 Go to Quoted Post
I've been pouring my heart out over this franchise, giving lengthy experts on how to improve the game, and it's future titles. However, on numerous occasions I read that the PG team doesn't even monitor this site, and the closest you're going to get is having some mod read it. If this is true, I would be very **** ed to find out i've been basically talking to a wall this whole time. I didn't write these to have "if-i-sound-like-a-british-banker-in-1865-i'm-automatically-correct" Hieronymus or "go-do-rivals-if-you're-bored" luckeydoug1 tell me basic snarky replies and let the idea die off right then and there. I'm not expecting them to scour the site all day, but do they ever check-in at all?

You can say whatever you like on here about changing the game
But what you say is only your opinion
And they arent going to change something on just your opinion
Put your ideas in the forum features wishlist instead
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 9:28:54 PM(UTC)
The devs definitely do listen to the players, remeber towards the end of last year every month delivered a a monster assortment of #1 requested cars , I think it was the Divo, 488 Pista, Huracan Performante, Supra, AE86, and LFA all in a couple months. Next month we are getting an expanded garage and fixing the rollover issue, so they do listen.

I will say though it can FEEL frustrating if issue x y or z has not been dealt with but what they decide to focus on is out of our hands. I submitted plenty of tickets concerning car errors, details, missing pieces of various bodykits roughly 18 months ago and I don't think any of them have been fixed, actually i'm going to check the R32 GT-R right now and see if anything has changed. Nope, still misssing the rear bumper for the Pandem Widebody kit and brake light pattern is incorrect, so I get it.

Also community engagement has gone WAY DOWN since RetroKrystal left, way way down. She would actively post on the forums, reddit, and twitter, report on various issues between devs and players and was proactive in getting a direct involvements for example Question and Answer sessions during seasonal update streams, community race events, ect. John Knoles used to post a lot on here too but I think he's working the new Motorsport title.

I'm still hoping we'll get the customization expansion they mentioned a dozen times but I think at this point I think big updates and killer content like the new Supra, BMW M8, new Corvette, ect will be held back as hype material for the new Forza, I'll gladly be proven wrong though. Anyways for us long time players its crazy to see 26 updates on a Horizon franchise, used to be expansion 2 came out and that was that have fun waiting 18months till a new Horizon title, be glad the game still recieve support.
 3 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 1:22:47 AM(UTC)
there is/are "Forza Community Team" supposed to do the link between community and dev team
Support team is also supposed to communicate to the dev team
Car wishes are considered thanks to the work of MM.
I associate top subjects / more than 30 pages of people complaining of the same issue, as the only thing catching attention of ... dev team managers
Since retro left forum, long before leaving team, I came through 1 or 2 posts of someone of the team not being MM to say there were reading.
I came through no evidence at all since retro stopped doing it of so collecting players feedback on official forum, not one.
Started with retro they went to Discord which is simpler for them as nothing a bit elaborated can be shared on this chat and all they possibly post is buried in seconds. I always considered as kind of immature to go to a media with noway to know if the one you discuss with is even an actual player when the official forum allows to get all the players profile in seconds ...
I have demonstrated with scenario to reproduce, some bugs on the official forum and logged on the support that are still not listed as known issue
Additionally, even if reduced lately, devs simply do not have time for going through all the stuff, it would require so to do a first daily review
They never ever posted an intent of modification of the game to get the feedback of the community before implementing it. That's how we got car reset modification and many other stupid stuff.

If there is one thing that is clear to me is a strong characteristic of this FH team is that they are not communicating with the player base on this forum.

It's possibly not only their will but a matter of resources, with FM and FH forums, the new FM 8 forum starting, looks to me like there is almost no one there.

Even clearer, forum is not priority for Microsoft, just consider the bug we have when submitting a post ...

End of the day, I consider no one is reading this forum except MM

Change my mind ...

Notification

Icon
Error