94 Pages<<929394Prev
#2326 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 3:14:11 AM(UTC)
How often do you guys encounter 'An event is in progress you'll be able to join the next one' ? Got it just now and obviously finished nowhere.

Rather glad though as there was a league 6 + league 8 who just rubbed into me trying to send me off line or to miss a checkpoint every time I went near passing them in the 2 races, picked an underpowered car for the tracks too so it really cost me losing those little bits of speed.

Still though I beat the L8 both times + the L6 in Lake District Sprint as they were too bothered about stopping me getting past they came into Ambleside way too fast and clattered into a wall.

Kudos to all you for putting up with that sort of competition on a regular basis, once every 4 weeks is enough for me.
#2327 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 4:45:39 AM(UTC)
As soon as you get past 4750 it’s incredibly difficult to gain points. I haven’t got double figures for any win after getting past that mark, despite beating various League 1 to 3s. A win over a League 3 plus three League 5s yesterday got me +5 points. I just beat a League 1 and various greens for +9. Conversely, any loss to anyone below League 2 is basically a guaranteed -10 or worse.

Given that (a) there are a lot of good players ranked below League 2; (b) there’s a lot of RNG luck involved and (c) you have to avoid rammers, you basically can’t make any mistakes at all yourself if you want to make progress. Oh, and you also risk losing 1 or 2 points if you happen to get placed in a lobby that’s low ranked, even if you win. I think I’m going to have one sustained push this month for the 70 or so points I need to get to 4850 and GM rank but if I have another d/c or a run of losses dropping me down, I won’t try again.

#2328 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 10:08:46 AM(UTC)
Just had this match... a league 9 who used the 'grandmaster' chat phrase which he presumably got in team racing but he's GM speed in FFA as well.

I got -6 and I see JumpyArdvark got -4, I would have expected him to lose a lot more but it's good that he didn't as he didn't deserve to.

Next race I lost 15 points for losing to a league 2 who rammed me in the final race while I was leading, meaning I finished the race 2nd and the championship 3rd, equal on 48 points with a very fast league 7 who I started well behind in the first two races. Sigh.

Edited by user Sunday, August 2, 2020 10:55:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2329 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 3:13:08 PM(UTC)
I’m pretty sure that your points become more stable the more adventures you do. If you watch Exquisitt’s stream, he often gets very small changes to his rank in circumstances where mine would change quite dramatically. The League 1 I beat earlier got +/-0 whereas I’m pretty certain I’d have lost a few points if he’d won.

Not come across Stormcage so far (fortunately if he’s League 9 and that quick). Could possibly be an alias of CagierStorm I guess (who is a GM) but I don’t know.

Edited by user Sunday, August 2, 2020 3:23:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2330 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 4:26:05 PM(UTC)
What car would people choose for summer S2:

Bamburgh Circuit
Lakehurst Circuit
Horizon Sprint

I skipped it as I’m not sure I have anything really ideal for that. Probably CCGT but maybe Zonda R for the power?
#2331 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 4:53:35 PM(UTC)
Last race of the evening and I beat a League 1, League 4 and a couple of League 6s for 6 points. It’s a new PB of 4789 but if that’s only worth 6 points it’s a long way to go to get to 4800 let alone 4850!
#2332 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 11:37:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
What car would people choose for summer S2:

Bamburgh Circuit
Lakehurst Circuit
Horizon Sprint

I skipped it as I’m not sure I have anything really ideal for that. Probably CCGT but maybe Zonda R for the power?

Personally CCGT as the Zonda doesn't turn well enough for the circuits but that might say more about my skill level than the car maybe. I would have taken that adventure and would expect to do well unless I got particularly unlucky with the start places and opponents. (I am actually doing S2 now, except winter.)

Edited by user Sunday, August 2, 2020 11:39:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2333 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 3:24:45 AM(UTC)
Yeah, probably wasn’t actually that difficult a call in hindsight. CCGT must be the right choice I think. I don’t like Horizon Festival Sprint though - particularly for S2. Far too easy for something to go badly wrong if you start near the back particularly and no time to recover as its only just over a minute long. I think I’ll generally skip that playlist as a result.
#2334 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 10:43:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
How often do you guys encounter 'An event is in progress you'll be able to join the next one' ? Got it just now and obviously finished nowhere.

Rather glad though as there was a league 6 + league 8 who just rubbed into me trying to send me off line or to miss a checkpoint every time I went near passing them in the 2 races, picked an underpowered car for the tracks too so it really cost me losing those little bits of speed.

Still though I beat the L8 both times + the L6 in Lake District Sprint as they were too bothered about stopping me getting past they came into Ambleside way too fast and clattered into a wall.

Kudos to all you for putting up with that sort of competition on a regular basis, once every 4 weeks is enough for me.

In ranked? Never, that's something that only happens in unranked. Is it happening in ranked to you?
#2335 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 12:04:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

In ranked? Never, that's something that only happens in unranked. Is it happening in ranked to you?

Can happen in unranked when you go in xbox menu like for checking time or launching music etc, if race start while you are in xbox menu then you will be put in waiting room with that message. I guess the same behaviour applies for ranked.

#2336 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 12:51:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Can happen in unranked when you go in xbox menu like for checking time or launching music etc, if race start while you are in xbox menu then you will be put in waiting room with that message. I guess the same behaviour applies for ranked.

Ah that would be terrible... it has never happened on PC anyway and I'm always alt-tabbing during the game's lengthy waiting times to do other things.
#2337 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 1:00:28 AM(UTC)
That message comes up all the time at unranked, which makes sense as it’s a rolling event and there’s no harm if you join after one race. In ranked, I’ve never seen that occur and it would make no sense for it to do so. I’d expect it would just kick you from the event if you miss the start of the race because you’ve gone somewhere else. That said, Gilles certainly does appear to be referring to ranked as Leagues would not be shown if it was unranked.
#2338 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 3:44:25 AM(UTC)
Servers are super trashy today. It kicked everybody out of 2 rooms I was clearly gonna win within 20 minutes. How can anyone enjoy this mode consistently?
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#2339 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:00:26 AM(UTC)
@Gilles post - I think he can refer to prestige level/star number, not rank level. So my vote goes to unranked.

And now to my "stories" :)

1. Strange race:
I think I have finally lost my GM rank in Team Adventure. I was stuck around 4880 points for couple of months, now it is around 4872. I'm no quitter, so it was easier to lose points, than to gain points ;)
But the way I lost my last points was strange. We started first race 3vs4 (I was in the team of 4). I guess everyone else got DC, but it was frist time on that scale. Then in 2nd race one person disappeared from the list and race. But he was back in 3rd race. Anyone saw something like that?

2. From some time ago:

That was (IMO only) +28pts. My highest income in points. Was 4th before last race and there was small point differences between positions. Could have ended on any position.

3. Intercourse Atomic Punk:

If I remember correctly there was at least one more AP, but he quit. That was +6pts. I don't even want to know how many points I would lost, for finishing lower.
On plus side there was no rammers in any of AP and it is "only" 90pts, because of my mistake in Freeroam Rush.

One more thing:
Anyone is using 1997 RX-7? There was one guy that had no problem to beat/keep up with Nova FE in A-class.
#2340 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:18:25 AM(UTC)
It was definitely ranked I run into it as the 1 ranked adventure a series is the only time I play online adventure in the game, especially with where you guys are ranked I hope you never run into it as there's no way of seeing it's going to happen, chose my car and was in the loading screen like normal then just plonked into an empty map and given that message.
#2341 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 8:43:38 AM(UTC)
How odd - yep, I definitely wouldn’t want that to happen! I got annoyed enough when I accidentally entered a street race in a Ford RS200 at the weekend (pressed to go to favourites and it didn’t work and I instinctively pressed the select button before realising the favourites tab hadn’t come up). Managed to limit the damage to a third place and -10 points. Missing an entire race and trying to remedy the damage in two races would be pretty tough.

Zip - I think I’ve tried the RX7 before and thought it was strong but didn’t think it was Nova FE levels. Impressive that someone was driving it that well. I did watch a stream last night though where two 94 MX5s successfully beat various Daytonas at B dirt - all with high level drivers - so that’s certainly worth considering as an option.
#2342 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 9:54:47 AM(UTC)
Also, that first lobby you screenshot above is how it should work if numbers were right. The problem is that you effectively need to have 10 of the top 500 or so in the rankings all competing at the same time to get a lobby like that. Generally, it only occurs if one or more groups are sniping someone’s stream. It’s why there are so many lobbies where, as a high ranked player, you are only defending points, with no prospect of any gains.

#2343 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:42:17 PM(UTC)
Lots of +0s today. 4 straight rooms of it and the room before that was -2 and to top it off, just got a -1

😑😑😑

Edited by user Tuesday, August 4, 2020 5:26:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#2344 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 5:43:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Servers are super trashy today. It kicked everybody out of 2 rooms I was clearly gonna win within 20 minutes. How can anyone enjoy this mode consistently?

Yes!! I was kicked out of a room half way through the third race when my team were winning.

All of the other cars took 90 degree turns just before I was disconnected so I figure they were too.
94 Pages<<929394Prev

Notification

Icon
Error