1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 3:44:26 PM(UTC)
I started simm racing on an Xbox pad when Forza7 was released. Then PC2, F1 and AC, got a Logitech wheel. Am very disappointed with the poor ACC release and went back to Forza7 and it really holds up as still the best home SIM experience. FFB feels great, brakes work very well, cars and tracks fantastic. Forza7 the best!,
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:07:35 PM(UTC)
Hi there!

have you pushed a high HP car on a real racetrack?

Forza isn't a sim by any measure, but it does have balanced physics and approachable gameplay, which I enjoy.

For console sims, AC is my go-to benchmark. The feel of driving is 1:1 with actual track driving - whether on pad or wheel.
#3 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 2:53:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post

For console sims, AC is my go-to benchmark. The feel of driving is 1:1 with actual track driving - whether on pad or wheel.

And the sound! Love it.

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 4:59:33 AM(UTC)
I really don't see the big realism gulf between FM7 and AC/PCars/whatever, at least as far as the actual driving simulation goes. I think the main difference is Forza's depth and breadth of options (number of cars, upgrades, settings, etc.) provide way more opportunities for the playerbase to exploit physics loopholes than the more tightly focused games, which leads to a perception that FM is less realistic. If you take a car that's in both AC and FM7 and drive it in its stock form, the two are pretty comparable. Once you start adding upgrades, though, all bets are off.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 9:58:40 PM(UTC)
Yes, I think that's where it falls apart, the upgrades. Also, brakes are way too sharp even on the C and D class stock cars. Other than, it's a good base physics model for the next game. Hoping they'll get the steering, suspension, chassis and aero mechanics right.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 6:35:33 PM(UTC)
Yes, I think that's where it falls apart, the upgrades. Also, brakes are way too sharp even on the C and D class stock cars. Other than, it's a good base physics model for the next game. Hoping they'll get the steering, suspension, chassis and aero mechanics right.

There's also the tires that you can abuse to no end...

A few not-so-sim things are the ignorant transmission design, where you can choose manual+clutch on cars that don't have clutch pedals?! Also the tire grip peaks too sharply for some reason, and makes it very easy to fishtail, which is unnecessarily punishing.

I agree the base physics model is fine, but they need to sort out some things that are masked by gamepad inputs, whose assists are so powerful that they beat FFB wheels 100% of the time.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 11:11:25 PM(UTC)
I honestly believe they should be focusing a whole lot more on physics and getting individual car behaviour right, as well as engine/exhaust audio for every car - than visuals.

Why does it always have to be primarily about visuals?

I miss the days of SNES, PS1/2, Xbox, X360, etc. I think back then there was more of a focus on equally dividing resources between audio, visuals and physics.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 2:02:57 PM(UTC)
Why does it always have to be primarily about visuals?

That's what most people care about, especially in a launch title for a new console generation. Just look at how hard Turn 10 is humping that whole FM-NOT-8 WILL HAVE RAY TRACING!!! thing. It's about the only information they've released about Not-8.

It's not that different from FM2-3-4 and FM5-6-7. Not-8 will be flashy but shallow, Not-10 will be more focused on content and less on visual appeal, and Not-9 will fall somewhere in the middle.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 2:03:35 PM(UTC)
There is no way FM7 is a better sim than AC, PC2, AM2 or even less so the epic ACC. FM7 is hardly a sim. No tyre compounds, no manual pits or pit ptions, no wets, no fuel load. Every SIM I mention earlier has those. And far more superior physics. I'd trade FM7's frankly ludicrous car quantity for these features any day.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 9, 2020 2:09:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 1:53:10 PM(UTC)
Forza isn't even remotely close to being a sim. It's an arcade game. The fact that people are abusing mechanics like clutch, suspension abuse, etc. is more than enough proof that this game isn't a sim.
#11 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 1:55:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
I really don't see the big realism gulf between FM7 and AC/PCars/whatever, at least as far as the actual driving simulation goes. I think the main difference is Forza's depth and breadth of options (number of cars, upgrades, settings, etc.) provide way more opportunities for the playerbase to exploit physics loopholes than the more tightly focused games, which leads to a perception that FM is less realistic. If you take a car that's in both AC and FM7 and drive it in its stock form, the two are pretty comparable. Once you start adding upgrades, though, all bets are off.

Um, did you just say they are comparable? FM7 cars aren't even drivable stock and the two games aren't even close to having the same physics. FM7 is not a sim, GT Sport actually is really close to being a sim when you use a wheel. If you want to play a real sim game then don't play console games at all and play an actual simulator like iRacing which feels NOTHING like Forza so there's no way that forza is even remotely close to being a sim.

Notification

Icon
Error