2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:04:44 AM(UTC)
I noticed that the number of cars shown in the Horizon Promo had increased to 711, but most of those cars are cars from the Welcome Pack that are cars I already have, but with "Welcome Pack" in the name. What's going on with this? Is it a bug? How am I supposed to take photos of these cars? I have the Welcome Pack DLC installed, but as I already owned all of the cars, there's nothing new to install, but because the Promo is treating them as new cars, I can't take photos of them.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:11:52 AM(UTC)
I had all those cars, now they show up as New.
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:46:06 AM(UTC)
The new cars have different characteristics than their none welcome pack equivalents - I.e. some/all of them can be tuned differently.

For example, No3 has set a new WR at Tarn How’s using the Welcome Pack Baja.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:47:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 5:56:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SigmaTheDJ Go to Quoted Post
I noticed that the number of cars shown in the Horizon Promo had increased to 711, but most of those cars are cars from the Welcome Pack that are cars I already have, but with "Welcome Pack" in the name. What's going on with this? Is it a bug? How am I supposed to take photos of these cars? I have the Welcome Pack DLC installed, but as I already owned all of the cars, there's nothing new to install, but because the Promo is treating them as new cars, I can't take photos of them.

You can take photos of cars you don't own. The quickest way is to go the drag strip near the main Horizon site and create a custom blueprint.

You can select all the cars you don't own or haven't yet captured plus one mid performance car you do own. As soon as the race starts go into photo mode, navigate the camera to the front of all cars, do a 180, zoom out or in to include all cars in the shot and take a photo. I needed to run the race twice to get all 11 cars. There may also be a ready made blueprint at the drag event.

My promo screen now reads 711/711. Of course all the cars in the welcome pack can be purchased at the autoshow free of charge for all players with the ultimate edition.

Cars in the "Welcome Pack":

1996 Ferrari F50 GT
2017 Ford GT
2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX
1976 Jeep CJ5
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
1960 Porsche 718 RS60
2016 Subaru #199 WRX VT15R Rally Car
1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck

Cars in next update:

1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
2011 HSV GTS
1996 HSV GTSR

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 7:07:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 6:45:37 AM(UTC)
Time savers... So much for "it's free!".

Granted, it's just $2.49, but still, it's a time saver. P2W. However you name it.

If this was Ubisoft, oh boy...

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 6:46:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 6:59:16 AM(UTC)
You can buy the 'Welcome Pack' cars for free in the Autoshow if you have the Ultimate Edition or Ultimate Add-ons.
Share Code 743 470 966

450,000,000 CR / 51275 FP / 385 SWS / 1880 WS Remaining
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:02:44 AM(UTC)
711?
The Promo I'm looking at only has 710.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:03:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:13:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Michigan Rowdy Go to Quoted Post
711?

The missing car will be 2013 McLaren P1 'Owen's Edition'. Not many players own this but it can be photographed using the following sharecode. The number will then increase to 711.

Originally Posted by: The Last Flight
If y'all need the Owen's McLaren, download the race with the sharecode 989 815 391. Got my picture this way.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.n..._posts.aspx#post_1156422

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:22:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:21:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
711?

The missing car will be 2013 McLaren P1 'Owen's Edition'. Not many players own this but it can be photographed using the following sharecode. The number will then increase to 711.

If y'all need the Owen's McLaren, download the race with the sharecode 989 815 391. Got my picture this way.

How may I ask??
Thanks..
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:28:24 AM(UTC)
711?

https://forums.forzamotorsport.n..._posts.aspx#post_1156422

Has this been patched out or do you have to keep trying it until it randomly appears? I tried it 3 times, only getting the regular model showing up.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:30:04 AM(UTC)
711?

How may I ask??
Thanks..

From free roam: creative hub - blueprint events - search - select 'share code' and enter in the number.
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:35:05 AM(UTC)
711?

How may I ask??
Thanks..

From usual menu click on Creative Hub Tab and select large sub-menu BLUEPRINT EVENTS.

Search for and enter share code 989 815 391 (spaces not required) and it will take you to a drag race on the main highway/motorway. Start the race enter photo mode and take a photo of an Owen's McLaren.

Just tried it and it still works. You will be driving an ordinary P1 and there will be several Owen's McLarens.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:41:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:45:30 AM(UTC)
711?

How may I ask??
Thanks..

From usual menu click on Creative Hub Tab and select large sub-menu BLUEPRINT EVENTS.

Search for and enter share code 989 815 391 (spaces not required) and it will take you to a drag race on the main highway/motorway. Start the race enter photo mode and take a photo of an Owen's McLaren.

Just tried it and it still works. You will be driving an ordinary P1 and there will be several Owen's McLarens.

Alight, That was very slick. I've seen these share codes talked about.
Just never knew the what's, why's and how's...
Nice & Thanks..
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:54:14 AM(UTC)
711?

How may I ask??
Thanks..

I tried it 5 times, the whole grid is made up of ordinary P1s for me.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:54:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SigmaTheDJ Go to Quoted Post

You can take photos of cars you don't own. The quickest way is to go the drag strip near the main Horizon site and create a custom blueprint.

You can select all the cars you don't own or haven't yet captured plus one mid performance car you do own. As soon as the race starts go into photo mode, navigate the camera to the front of all cars, do a 180, zoom out or in to include all cars in the shot and take a photo. I needed to run the race twice to get all 11 cars. There may also be a ready made blueprint at the drag event.

My promo screen now reads 711/711. Of course all the cars in the welcome pack can be purchased at the autoshow free of charge for all players with the ultimate edition.

1996 Ferrari F50 GT
2017 Ford GT
1976 Jeep CJ5
1960 Porsche 718 RS60

Cars in next update:

2011 HSV GTS
1996 HSV GTSR

Any chance you could explain a bit more on how to select "just the cars not captured".
I've been in the blueprint tab before.
Thanks again..
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:11:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: yerfdog65 Go to Quoted Post
You can buy the 'Welcome Pack' cars for free in the Autoshow if you have the Ultimate Edition or Ultimate Add-ons.

I can, but I don't feel like doing it, due to the nature of the content... I'm talking about the people who just sub to Game Pass, as that's who the pack is aimed at.

It's not a HUGE problem but I don't think Forza needs this stuff, even though some of the cars in the VIP pack are designed to be that way.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:41:49 AM(UTC)
Any chance you could explain a bit more on how to select "just the cars not captured".
I've been in the blueprint tab before.
Thanks again..

We're talking about the cars in the "Welcome Pack" and those in Series 25.

1996 Ferrari F50 GT
2017 Ford GT
1976 Jeep CJ5
1960 Porsche 718 RS60

Cars in next update:

2011 HSV GTS
1996 HSV GTSR

It's very easy to do a blueprint and select cars not owned. Go to drag race near Main Festival site, set up Solo event and click on create blueprint. Go to last TAB - Custom - select - filter - not owned. If as in this case you know the 11 vehicles you want to photograph it's fairly easy to click on the ones you need in the event.

At the drag event there is already a ready made blueprint in the trending today tab share code 214 107 519. It is just for the 3 cars in the next update.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 11:39:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:55:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Works perfectly for me and others but I wondered if you have upgraded or altered the tuning on your McLaren? The Owen's McLaren is S2 957 so the car you're using needs to have a similar PI.

Mine is S2 987. Only thing I can think of.

#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 11:24:20 AM(UTC)

Works perfectly for me and others but I wondered if you have upgraded or altered the tuning on your McLaren? The Owen's McLaren is S2 957 so the car you're using needs to have a similar PI.

Mine is S2 987. Only thing I can think of.

Ah I never thought of that. The P1 is stock, I bought it just for this. I just tried putting an S2 998 tune on there and then the Owen's car showed up, thanks.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:03:53 PM(UTC)

Did you brought bone stock P1 or upgraded? It only works with stock.

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#21 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:08:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post

Did you brought bone stock P1 or upgraded? It only works with stock.

See above post. For me it did not work with stock.

Here...

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:11:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:31:57 PM(UTC)
And I got this right now:

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#23 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:35:03 PM(UTC)
That's weird then, maybe it's because I had it on highly skilled, who knows. I tried it stock 6 times in the end, always just standard cars. First time I tried with upgraded car and I got one.

Anyway my life has been immeasurably improved by taking the photo :p
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 5:19:58 PM(UTC)

Do I need to DL each individually or is there a place to go to DL the whole pack?
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 5:25:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post

Do I need to DL each individually or is there a place to go to DL the whole pack?

Go to the DLC cars area within the autoshow and should be able to get them all in one go there.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error