3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 5:12:52 AM(UTC)
The important thing is this is our last Horizon for next 3 years. I don't have a problem with it but won't buy new Xbox for it. Maybe some DLC for new X will come?
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:16:27 AM(UTC)
Nice Holdens but I don't understand why the 1992 Falcon GT wasn't included along with them... Maybe because Ford for some funny reason wants to label all Ford cars as "American"?

Also, the IROC-Z is yet to come...

There are a few nice cars that could still come to FH4. Lexus for example has the SC400/Soarer and the RC-F, complete with full Liberty Walk bodykit. The Alfetta GTV6 would be perfect for the game as well because it has a myriad of body parts. It depends on whether Playground wants to do it.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 4 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:47:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iBl0cks Go to Quoted Post
I think the community is waiting for more tune and livery slots as well.

100% Agree!

The tunes and liveries slots need updated to at least the number of garage slots, so you can have more than one tune for some cars.

Even if the tune/livery slots matched the garage limit, that would be OK as some cars you won't bother tuning, leaving sparte slots for multiple tunes on certain vehicles.

I get sick of searching for existing tunes of mine to delete (which is a time consuming PITA), in order to create tunes for newly released cars.

#29 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:59:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
The important thing is this is our last Horizon for next 3 years. I don't have a problem with it but won't buy new Xbox for it. Maybe some DLC for new X will come?

I guess you're right, they will just do some advertising for a raytracing SX version of FH4, possibly some DLC we all know are worth a week of game or so and that will be it. Would be consistent with Xbox event. Employees still in this MS game division look pretty much like good people with no resources trying to deal with big boss plans and communication.

I hope that FH4 is not such a fail that they won't even consider a FH5.

#30 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 7:27:49 AM(UTC)
Horizon 4 is one of the greatest games ever for me. It's so good. Sales should be fine. If not it's a console seller and you don't need profit from the game.

But Xbox like a console is worse. X and X360 were great but after that probably new people came and destroyed it. X1 wasn't complete fail but new Xbox continues with lowering quality. I don't know why.
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 7:34:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JETLAG Haruka Go to Quoted Post
Is ranked ranked team adventure points gotta be fixed yet?

They've been broken since years ago and they will never be fixed. We've just accepted the fact that the team behind it is useless and we got scammed into thinking this game has a team ranked mode.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:19:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FAULTIER Go to Quoted Post
But hey, they already messed it up with Forza 8 not being avaible in 2020.

I totally agree, a 2020 Forza game should be able to run on a 4 year old middle of the range equipment! That'll get those sales up and people happy!

1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 5:43:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AudibleJam509 Go to Quoted Post
Considering that Forza Motorsport isn’t out for awhile and the statement above, it’ll be interesting to see how long they (PGG and Microsoft) support Horizon 4. It’ll be even more interesting to see if they feel obligated to increase the present limits on tunes/routes/cars/etc.

I will bet you dollars to donuts that there will be *no* further improvements of any kind, whether for save files or otherwise.

Welp, guess I owe Audible a few dozen Krispy Kreme...
Every train needs a caboose, right?
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 8:56:28 PM(UTC)
Considering that Forza Motorsport isn’t out for awhile and the statement above, it’ll be interesting to see how long they (PGG and Microsoft) support Horizon 4. It’ll be even more interesting to see if they feel obligated to increase the present limits on tunes/routes/cars/etc.

I will bet you dollars to donuts that there will be *no* further improvements of any kind, whether for save files or otherwise.

Yuck....I hate Krispy Kreme....tastes like I’m eating a cloud with sugar. We Canadians prefer our Tim Hortons donuts. Once you try those you won’t go back.....but I appreciate the offer....👍🏻Haha.

Yeah, this garage increase is welcome but hoping that the 175 custom route limit is also increased (and yes I have submitted a support ticket request). So I can get back to being creative but it’s not a deal breaker.

I figured Microsoft would be motivated to allow PGG to increase some space. Especially after seeing the dev-build on display during the last update stream, which showed 939 cars under the horizon promo sample menu. This, of course, includes NPC’s and HS’ versions, I’m sure. Still, interesting to see that many in total.

This good news motivated me to finally pick up the Hillman Imp (from the car pass) as it’s quite decent in B class dirt. I skipped about 60 cars from the auto show to save space. Currently sitting at 731 cars.
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 9:10:21 PM(UTC)

Yuck....I hate Krispy Kreme....tastes like I’m eating a cloud with sugar. We Canadians prefer our Tim Hortons donuts. Once you try those you won’t go back.....but I appreciate the offer....👍🏻Haha.

lol!!!!! Is that with or without Maple Syrup?
#36 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 1:50:00 AM(UTC)
There is an UPDATE today 2.51 GB.
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:46:34 AM(UTC)
Is this a new low for the Forza series, charging good money for a DLC pack of cars which are readily available in-game?
#38 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:56:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Is this a new low for the Forza series, charging good money for a DLC pack of cars which are readily available in-game?

I thought it was for people who don't own the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition or Ultimate Add-ons Bundle.
Share Code 743 470 966

450,000,000 CR / 51275 FP / 385 SWS / 1880 WS Remaining
#39 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:25:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: yerfdog65 Go to Quoted Post

I thought it was for people who don't own the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition or Ultimate Add-ons Bundle.

I don't like the idea of charging people for some standard cars which anyone can get in the game just by playing for a few hours. I wonder if the game warns people that they don't NEED to buy it, to get those cars?
#40 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:51:12 AM(UTC)

I don't like the idea of charging people for some standard cars which anyone can get in the game just by playing for a few hours. I wonder if the game warns people that they don't NEED to buy it, to get those cars?

Cars from this pack pre-tuned and non-standard versions, but more like pre-order versions. For example, a Ford GT `17 can be upgraded to an X class and has an amazing grip (2.8 with stock wing, 3.0 with forza aero)
#41 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:52:36 AM(UTC)

I didn't realize all the cars in the new DLC pack are already in the Autoshow. I agree. That's shady.
Share Code 743 470 966

450,000,000 CR / 51275 FP / 385 SWS / 1880 WS Remaining
#42 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 4:06:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: alterx13 Go to Quoted Post

Cars from this pack pre-tuned and non-standard versions, but more like pre-order versions. For example, a Ford GT `17 can be upgraded to an X class and has an amazing grip (2.8 with stock wing, 3.0 with forza aero)

Hmm 🤔
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 4:50:13 AM(UTC)

As a Canadian, I would like to say that Audible does not speak for us. A cloud with sugar? Yes, please.

Tim Horton's is no longer Canadian, the quality has fallen off a cliff and has been on the decline for years. They are ubiquitous so they are still popular but that's because most of the country has precious few alternatives. From a quick search it looks like there are only 11 Krispy Kreme locations in Canada and all in major centres. There have been news stories since the Rona started about hours long line ups at the KK closest to me. If KK had more locations, Tim Horton's would go bankrupt.
#44 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 5:59:14 AM(UTC)
RELEASE NOTES

Posted on Forza Support

https://twitter.com/forz...1288383865950629889?s=19

Version Number:
Xbox: 1.428.211.0
PC: 1.428.211.2

NEW FEATURES
Forza Horizon 4 Welcome Pack

Kickstart your Horizon Life with the Forza Horizon 4 Welcome Pack DLC!

The Forza Horizon 4 Welcome Pack comes with 8 stunning, pre-tuned cars and a picturesque British House. Included with this pack are specially pre-tuned Welcome Pack editions of:

1996 Ferrari F50 GT
2017 Ford GT
1960 Porsche 718 RS 60
2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX
1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
2016 Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15R Rally Car
1976 Jeep CJ5 Renegade
Also included is the Sunflower Meadows Player House.

This pack is included with both the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition and Ultimate Add-ons Bundle. If you already own the Ultimate Edition, you will need to download it separately.

Showcase Remix – Quaint Village Rush
The iconic Centenario has seen its fair share of action here at Horizon – but it all started back in Australia. We thought – why not recreate some of that Surfers Paradise magic right here at Horizon UK? Check out this summer’s Showcase Remix and go show the Delta Wing who’s really boss!

Showcase Remix – Freight Expectations: Round 2
We got a phone call from the train driver from Horizon Australia – says she wants a rematch after we beat her with the Chevy. Fancy the honours of showing us all why the Camaro reigns supreme? We flew her over just for this…so please say yes.

Showcase Remix – Ride to Anywhere
This Showcase Remix pits Isha’s very own Austin Taxi against the Behemoth! It’s transportation giant versus inflatable giant, through the snowy hills of Glen Rannoch.

Showcase Remix – Commuter Blues
A new remix of The Flying Scotsman Showcase, this time featuring the new and exclusive 2019 Porsche Macan Turbo facing off against the legendary steam locomotive in spring. Complete the regular version of the Showcase first to unlock this remixed version.

Cross Platform Fixes
Removed the “Launch Mixer” tile from the pause menu.

PC-Specific Fixes
Fixed a crash associated with AMD Renoir Hardware

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 6:00:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 6:07:00 AM(UTC)

Hmm 🤔

... pay to win cars disguised in beginner's pack ... no surprise there; same team, same ...
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 6:31:29 AM(UTC)
All mine were free to download with upgrade and also free from the Autoshow, I assume because I already have the Ultimate edition.
The 8 cars are differently labelled as they are specials of the original one's I got nearly two years ago.
They also yield all the points for car ownership and skills(?) you unlock.
They are also needed for the Photograph thingy, I am now at 711/711 photos.

Thanks PGG, nice one.
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 7:01:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

Hmm 🤔

... pay to win cars disguised in beginner's pack ... no surprise there; same team, same ...

Yep looks like it, I see they're called Welcome Pack or WP in the game, so they're basically like FE cars to all intents and purposes. Turn 10 started this trend by stopping the previous practice of including actual unique cars in their DLC (such as with the VIP pack) and instead including standard cars with the FE moniker. Now we have WP.

I like the game, give me worthwhile DLC, I'll give you my money. This though, nah.
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 8:42:05 AM(UTC)
I may very well be wrong or misunderstanding something here, but the contents of that little car pack is actually a decent value for *new* players just starting out. Yes, the cars are easily obtainable in-game and via the auto show, and one can acquire pre-tuned versions through the auction house, often on the cheap.

But remember, when you're just starting out, it can take a little bit of time getting things going, accruing enough credits for each cars upgrades, never mind the big, fat credit cost of applying a downloaded tune to life that D500 car up to A/S1/S2. For a new player to upgrade each of those cars to a desirable class is going to take some work. And it's only a couple dollars, a fraction of the cost of FH4+DLC. To a new player, yeah, this is a great value...I just doubt that new players, I mean the green ones that this is intended for, I'm not so sure that they'd necessarily recognize just how valuable it could be to them.

But sure, I'd rather a new dlc pack...of anything, really. Doesn't even have to be "great" as long as it supplements the game and isn't redundant. Gimme that Ford Pinto-Chevy Chevette D-Class poo-pack; I'd be all over that.

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:43:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 11:55:11 AM(UTC)
I may very well be wrong or misunderstanding something here, but the contents of that little car pack is actually a decent value for *new* players just starting out. Yes, the cars are easily obtainable in-game and via the auto show, and one can acquire pre-tuned versions through the auction house, often on the cheap.

But remember, when you're just starting out, it can take a little bit of time getting things going, accruing enough credits for each cars upgrades, never mind the big, fat credit cost of applying a downloaded tune to life that D500 car up to A/S1/S2. For a new player to upgrade each of those cars to a desirable class is going to take some work. And it's only a couple dollars, a fraction of the cost of FH4+DLC. To a new player, yeah, this is a great value...I just doubt that new players, I mean the green ones that this is intended for, I'm not so sure that they'd necessarily recognize just how valuable it could be to them.

But sure, I'd rather a new dlc pack...of anything, really. Doesn't even have to be "great" as long as it supplements the game and isn't redundant. Gimme that Ford Pinto-Chevy Chevette D-Class poo-pack; I'd be all over that.

Squryl, I guess you missed that some of these cars are now beating WW rivals scores. it's not just a pack of some existing cars with a new tag on it, it also comes with new tunes setting transforming some into OP cars .... Starving for new buyers they are down to duplicating existing cars, changing tuning capabilities and putting them back in the game as payable packs. Making money for very little effort, quick win.

#50 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:35:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

Squryl, I guess you missed that some of these cars are now beating WW rivals scores. it's not just a pack of some existing cars with a new tag on it, it also comes with new tunes setting transforming some into OP cars .... Starving for new buyers they are down to duplicating existing cars, changing tuning capabilities and putting them back in the game as payable packs. Making money for very little effort, quick win.

Yeah, I just stumbled across one a few minutes ago and spit-blasted my pepsi all over the screen. Wth?!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

So now these pimped-out cars, i assume, will be turning leaderboards upside down, meanwhile, every third pc player i encounter in online adventures (which im bored to death w as it is) is clearly modding (they dont even try to hide it) and oh thx so much for the super-exciting 3-car HSV series... Who needs this car pack when theres all that mod rubbish all the loserrs flock to? Nothing in this game means anything anymore.

I think I might be ready to mosey on along to something else
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error