1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 5:56:40 PM(UTC)
Is it possible to set up order in which the classes start? I see that we can only choose car from the first bucket and the first bucket is always starting first. If I want a race with Forza P1s starting first and then Forza GT while driving the latter, it's not possible. Ascending option works only within class/bucket. Please give us the option to set the order of buckets, or to pick a car out of all buckets we set, instead of just first one.

Edited by user Sunday, February 11, 2018 5:57:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Why is my avatar different here than on the Xbox...
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 6:08:05 PM(UTC)
Iirc you can reverse the starting order.
#3 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 1:30:07 AM(UTC)
Not at my console right now to check, but I believe if you set "group by bucket" to "yes" then look in the bucket restrictions tab where you can limit horsepower and such for the individual buckets, there should be an option near the top for "roll-off delay" or "start delay" that you can set for the individual buckets. Just delay the start of the GT bucket by 0.1 seconds it should sort it out... At least that was the way it worked in FM6 multiplayer hoppers.

As a less-than-ideal solution if that doesn't work, you could also organize the grid by PI which would put the LMP cars ahead of the GT cars for the start. I think you need to have the "group by bucket" setting to "no" for that to work though, can't remember.
#4 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 2:31:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PiotrGT Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to set up order in which the classes start? I see that we can only choose car from the first bucket and the first bucket is always starting first. If I want a race with Forza P1s starting first and then Forza GT while driving the latter, it's not possible. Ascending option works only within class/bucket. Please give us the option to set the order of buckets, or to pick a car out of all buckets we set, instead of just first one.

I know in FM6 i could change bucket/group, by clicking on your name (when not ready).
Not sure if it is the same in FM7, but could try that.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 10:13:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PiotrGT Go to Quoted Post

You can't change the order of the buckets, but you can join whatever bucket you want. Set the option to "group by player bucket". Set the first bucket to P1s. Set the second bucket to GTs. Change your group (click on your name in the lobby) to the second group. Tada... you're in GTs and all the GTs are starting behind the P1s.
#6 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 2:20:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DvlzAdvc8 Go to Quoted Post
You can't change the order of the buckets, but you can join whatever bucket you want. Set the option to "group by player bucket". Set the first bucket to P1s. Set the second bucket to GTs. Change your group (click on your name in the lobby) to the second group. Tada... you're in GTs and all the GTs are starting behind the P1s.

Unless it has been changed recently, that doesn't work in Free Play, only in private lobbies.
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 2:11:50 AM(UTC)
I run into the same issue that I set up a 4group race but I was asked to take the car within the first group which was always the strongest (P1). As the start order was determinded by the power index I always hadt to choose a P1 car in order to start the race. However I work around the issue by making 4 setups with different ordering of the goups, each time differently. The start order always set to PI. Hence when I choose a setup with lower PI, e.g. GT in the first group I was able to choose the respective GT-car and being placed by the start order mechansim further behind after the stronger groups. Hence with a GT car I started as 3rd group, after P1 and P2.

Notification

Icon
Error