18 Pages<<161718Prev
 5 users liked this post.
#426 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 6:34:17 AM(UTC)
Homologation is the the absolute best feature of this game....its how real racing works, and you can always remove all the holomogated parts and do whatever you want to the car....what I have never liked about the Forza series was being able to take a Civic and make it some A or S class monster....or any car for that matter but it helped to eliminate many of the ridiculous LB cars from previous versions.

Edited by user Monday, August 6, 2018 6:34:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#427 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 2:30:01 PM(UTC)
HOMOLATION Online = yes . Homolation offline = NOO!
 1 user liked this post.
#428 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 6:40:22 PM(UTC)
Why do so many people think homologation is enforced? Only in career it's enforced. It's not Turn 10's fault if you can't take the time to learn the menus. Any car you purchase from Buy Cars can be kept completely stock upon purchase.

I cannot see the fun in using one car out of hundreds throughout the whole career either. I have more than 400 cars with designs on them, all of which I have driven at least once. In the Drivers' Cup there are 12 free events. They're homologated, sure, but they're free and you can do all of these events in your car of choice in addition to its own divisional event.

I'm sorry to say this game is not Need For Speed Underground, it's Forza Motorsport. The game can, and should, take you out of your comfort zone, because it's a game and being challenging is part of the deal. Switching homologation off in Free Play is as easy as changing division to Any. Even a 5-year-old can grasp the concept. And in Free Play you can race any of the series from the Drivers' Cup with any car and any set of rules you pick. Unfortunately, the AI does not upgrade their cars to match yours but, if you want to make a Lambo-killing Civic, you definitely can. Take the time to learn how the game works and you might even end up liking it.

Unfortunately, you just know Turn 10 is gonna dump homologation at any time now, because the Time Attack mode makes no mention of division, it's all about the class system. And they're gonna dump the system before even trying to fix the more obvious issues with it, which have more to do with misplaced cars than with any of the limits these divisions enforce. The reason I keep conversions in my cars to a minimum is simple: if I swap the V8 into all of my cars, all of them become a "generic Forza Motorsport V8-powered, front-engined, RWD platform" rather than a Cuda, a Mustang, an RX-7, a GNX...

Edited by user Monday, August 6, 2018 6:42:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#429 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 8:26:53 PM(UTC)
Why can't we keep Homologation divisions and introduce old style classes?

Seems like an easy solution to me. Everybody gets to do what they prefer then.

Even better, change the homologation limits to match class limits like in older games and everyone is happy.
#430 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:55:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately, you just know Turn 10 is gonna dump homologation at any time now, because the Time Attack mode makes no mention of division, it's all about the class system. And they're gonna dump the system before even trying to fix the more obvious issues with it, which have more to do with misplaced cars than with any of the limits these divisions enforce. The reason I keep conversions in my cars to a minimum is simple: if I swap the V8 into all of my cars, all of them become a "generic Forza Motorsport V8-powered, front-engined, RWD platform" rather than a Cuda, a Mustang, an RX-7, a GNX...

I don't think they're dumping homologation in Forza 7, it is a major part of the game as the whole career mode is built around it. But I also don't think we'll be seeing this system back in the next Motorsport game.
 1 user liked this post.
#431 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 7:07:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bizman65 Go to Quoted Post
Homologation is the the absolute best feature of this game....its how real racing works, and you can always remove all the holomogated parts and do whatever you want to the car....what I have never liked about the Forza series was being able to take a Civic and make it some A or S class monster....or any car for that matter but it helped to eliminate many of the ridiculous LB cars from previous versions.

Because in real world you race production cars, right? Forza is not a platform for serious racing. It is a platform for car enthusiasts. Like sanctioned racing? Try Assetto Corsa or iRacing or Project Cars. Since Gran Turismo decided to veer away from its true essence, Forza is (was) the only option left for us who just love cars, race them with decent physics, good graphics, a large roster to choose from and many cosmetic and performance upgrades. NFS and games in the likes are trash just made for highly impressionable children, so it's not an option. Plus, it lacks the finesse that GT or Forza boast.

Homologation might be a good option for online, GT, LMP and other motorsports divisions. For the rest, it is immensely limited. Some homologation option for some cars make absolutely no sense. Restriction plates on street cars, 260's tires on small FWD econo hatchbacks, cars randomly placed in what seems to be a wrong division (Fairlady Z32, Infinity G35, RX7 forced to race 600HP+ modern sports cars).

Not all of us turn Civics in S class monsters. I like my cars close as stock and race cars against similar cars with very little to no upgrades and always stock tires and suspension. that's where the fun is and where you enjoy the advantages, limitations and uniqueness of every car, while always having the option to tinker with it. Homologation does not let me do that. I don't like nerfing cars, put semi-slicks, cup or racing tires on street cars (unless they have them from the factory), reducing weight or any of that. Am I able to just choose stock parts? Yes. But what's the point if it does not let me compete in career like that and it's going to force me to purchase those upgrades and install them anyway?

Forza Horizon is great for really enjoying cars like old Motorsports titles prior 5, 6 and 7, but it lacks that beauty of having actual tracks.

So yeah, bottom line is, they have come up with a good system, but it was POORLY implemented in the way that it is severely limited and in some cases downright random. Homologation should've stayed online only, on special events if they want and OPTIONAL in career. At the end of the day, it's no ones business how you play, or should play the game while on your own.
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
#432 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 11:14:49 PM(UTC)
Homologation is one thing, but dear turn10, tell me why there is close to no options on tires? Take a 1.gen Mustang, originally equipped with 195-tires. The next "tuning-option" is 245, absolutely nothing between. 235 is max size for front tires on a 1.gen IRL btw.

Tuning a Volvo P1800 up to the homologation-rules is another example. The car comes stock on 185 tires, the rules here says max 215 but there are no options, next step up from the stock 185s is 225 wich is illegal. (!?!!) Oboy.

The tuning part in Forza Motorsport is ruined as it is now , not because of the homologation-rules but because of the lack of tire-options. Too bad, there is a lot of good things to be said about thisd game but the lack of tire-options disqualifies this game from beeing called a sim.

Edited by user Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:01:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gt: fairlane305
#433 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 5:46:33 PM(UTC)
Homologation ruins the game for me. I played it for 5 hours before realized what was going on and wont be playing any more. Definitely will not be buying another Forza game that has it.

I mostly play career mode. In career mode I usually have my favorite 10-20 cars I always use for 90% of the game.
For instance I love driving the 240sx/Silvia in games because I own one in real life. Thanks to homologation I cannot use that car once its upgraded in any event in career mode.

What is the point of even being able to tune the car if it cannot be used?

1 user liked this post.
#434 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 1:28:08 PM(UTC)
I tried to get back into FM7 after not having played for about 9 months. I entered a single player rally championship and decided that I'd like to race a Lancia Stradale. After figuring out how to return it to stock setting from whatever upgrade the game had pre-applied to it, I happily went about tweaking which upgrades to apply to it in order to get it to drive the way I wanted. Multiple test track attempts later, I had finally completed it! Excited to test it out I signed up for the race, only to be confronted with a message "To ensure fair racing, homologation must be enforced in order to continue." I just chuckled to myself and turned off the game.

My question to the developers is this; Why give the players so many difficulty options, upgrades paths, and tuning parameter, only to cast them aside when the whole point of the game, racing, comes into play? I have all these knobs I'd like to twiddle and tweak and see how it impact my experience. Not being able to do so, unlike every other FM game before, was quite perplexing. The system certainly promotes a "pick up and race" mentality. But please understand that for some us, racing is more than doing laps around a track. Its about our bond with our chosen cars, all the modification we've put into them, and all the previous races we've won and lost in them. If you remove that emotional connection from your game, all you have left is an impressive roster of racing skins (cars), fancy graphics and simcade physics. Forza Motorsport can be so much better than that, if only you let the systems you've already developed and implemented, shine.
#435 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 2:43:12 PM(UTC)
Then do it in Freeplay where you can do anything and run anything you wish. Or accept the challenge of homologation and configure within those limits. How many real world races have you ever seen that were truly "unlimited"? They have horsepower limits, induction block-off plates, tire limits, weight limits, basically all the stuff that homologation has. Me, I'm looking for as close as I can get to a "sim" experience as possible while still keeping it "fun" and avoiding the (to me) dry minutiae that eats up so much time and energy in real world racing. Homologation isn't high among the issues I have with FM7...

Edited by user Sunday, September 30, 2018 2:44:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#436 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 3:35:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BadDog1966 Go to Quoted Post
Then do it in Freeplay where you can do anything and run anything you wish. Or accept the challenge of homologation and configure within those limits. How many real world races have you ever seen that were truly "unlimited"? They have horsepower limits, induction block-off plates, tire limits, weight limits, basically all the stuff that homologation has. Me, I'm looking for as close as I can get to a "sim" experience as possible while still keeping it "fun" and avoiding the (to me) dry minutiae that eats up so much time and energy in real world racing. Homologation isn't high among the issues I have with FM7...

I respect that opinion. There certainly seems to be a void of games that fit what you are describing. I have a wheel+occulus setup for various sims like AC and PrjC2, so I guess I'm looking for something different out of Forza Motorsport than compared to others. For example, I prefer to play the main single player Campaign instead of Free Play because I feel like I'm working towards something. The old system of keeping it within the Class, Type and PI limits worked well for me. Adding tire and horsepower limits doesn't really bug me too much. What rubs me the wrong way is that they removed that system completely from the main single player campaign in favor of homologation. If there was an option to toggle it on or off, I wouldn't have a problem with it and probably would consider it a neat feature.

Also, my main gripe is that I cannot customize a car within the homologation rules. Going back to my Lancia Stradale example; I had kept it within the homologation rules for that series, the game forced me to apply IT'S upgrades to the car instead of my own anyway. This certainly is not how real life homologation works. Its as if you built a car to be in compliance with your series. Then on race day, the marshalls look over your car and tell you, "Well looks like everything is in order, we're going to redo your car anyway." It's absurd.

Edited by user Sunday, September 30, 2018 3:36:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: formatting

#437 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 5:54:30 PM(UTC)

So long as you stay within the tire, horsepower and PI limits you can customize however you want, you had to do something to go outside those limits to get that message. Unless it was one of those bugs where you get the message by mistake, in that case the game usually lets you race anyway.
#438 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:13:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tibblesworth Go to Quoted Post
Also, my main gripe is that I cannot customize a car within the homologation rules. Going back to my Lancia Stradale example; I had kept it within the homologation rules for that series, the game forced me to apply IT'S upgrades to the car instead of my own anyway. This certainly is not how real life homologation works. Its as if you built a car to be in compliance with your series. Then on race day, the marshalls look over your car and tell you, "Well looks like everything is in order, we're going to redo your car anyway." It's absurd.

Not sure what you saw, but that's not how it's worked for me. I often tune homologated cars by adding and removing from the base homologation setup. Just tonight I was able to take a homologated car and add front/rear race sway bars and race diff without having to sacrifice anything already added through homologation AND still used it in a homologated race. That didn't quite do it for me, so I went back and added a slightly heavier wheel to get the 1 point I needed to add race suspension. That let me adjust spring rates and ride height. But why that's needed to adjust alignment I'll never figure out. That's among the stupidest "what were they thinking?!" decisions I've run across in the game, but that's another discussion. But back to your point, if you didn't break one of the restrictions, you can upgrade and tune to your heart's content. I would suggest trying it again and look a bit closer to see exactly what kicked it out.

#439 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:27:40 PM(UTC)
BTW, while this particular point may not be my biggest gripe with Forza Motorsport 7, I'll probably be seeing you on one of the other platforms soon. The FM franchise has been hammer down in the fast lane straight out of the main reason I liked their earlier products. Apparently Horizon isn't enough, they want a create "Horizon Too" product much more than they want provide a semi-sim motorsport game, and I find myself getting more and more fed up as I deal with this painfully slow out dated buggy forum only to find out that they've continually delayed real fixes for day-one playability problems. Instead we get "But oh, here, we've got a some car packs with mini-vans and pickups, and drift stuff, and more drift stuff, and we'll throw in some drag stuff, but fixing the bugs and playability problems is just too hard. Maybe next month, or the next, or... Oh, but here's another vehicle that doesn't belong in this product, we just don't have time for the vehicles that do!!" I personally loath the drift stuff, but can appreciate the drag support. At least that fits more with what I thought the product was. But not while continually delaying major improvements needed in the core product. That line has worn very thin with me... I would already be gone except I like racing the muscle cars, road racing, etc along with "classic" sports cars and exotics. The GT and full-on race stuff is great too, but not the only thing I want to race. But for me at least, that card won't overcome the other issues much longer...

Edited by user Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:31:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#440 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:40:34 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

I think we should be able to create custom Homologation rules like the ones already in the game (setting max. tire width, max horsepower, min/ max weight and of course choose from wich division the cars should be (like forza gt, sport touring, hot rod revival etc.) It should be possible to save these rules and bring them up whenever needed just like it works with the already existing homologations sets/ divions.

The opponent should of course automaticly upgrade there cars according to the rules.
For me forza motosport was always about upgrading stock cars to the point where they handle (and look) like race cars. Now in forza 7 this has become quit difficult due to the homologation.
Because either you stick to the rules the division your car is in wich often doesn't leave a lot of room for upgrades or you ignore the rules but then you have to race against cars that have nothing to do with the car you're driving with. (e.g. you have a 1970 muscle car upgrade to class R and now you're facing modern gt cars but would like to drive against equally upgraded 1970ies muscle cars)

I know its possible to set some rules in freeplay but It just doesen't work like expected. The opponents always end up driving completely stock cars or just ignoring the rules you just gave them.
Since I play freeplay 90% of the times (10% is multiplayer), wich I think a lot of people do, it's something that stopped quit often from playing forza 7.
I just want to be able to upgrade my car and race against similar cars with similar performance. I have only spent about 100 houres in forza 7 due to this "issue". With such a feature I would spend waaay more time in forza 7 but having to drive against random cars that aren't even upgraded just kills it for me.

Alternatively it should be possible to give the opponents cars form your garage so you can just give them cars that fit the style and rules you want.

So since the devs are still implementing new stuff I would absolutely love to see this feature added in the feature or at least in forza 8 (if there will ever be one).
I'm almost certain I'm by far not the only hoping to see this or something similar added. I hope that this starts some discussion, getting this feature would change everything for me!

Edited by user Saturday, December 1, 2018 5:41:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#441 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:42:42 AM(UTC)
PS: I've played every forza since forza 3 so I'm really a fan and I care about this game/ franchise
#442 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 9:14:42 PM(UTC)
Agreed... But it took them how many years to port over the multiplayer lobby settings into Free Play to get where we are now? Maybe we will get some more Free Play updates for FM10.
#443 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 3:29:45 PM(UTC)
Technically we can, but the real icing on the cake from homologation is the tire rules (compound and width).

It's also necessary to be able to enforce these rules on the AI, which would require the game to make many more performance calculations than it does now. Let's hope they do it one day.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#444 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 5:20:34 PM(UTC)
Excellent idea! Count me as supporting this idea.
#445 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 1:21:25 AM(UTC)
If ur looking for frustration I suggest a round of forza 7.
As much as I see the crew has put together an astounding effort in Forza 7 and am thankful, BUT it's overshadowed by the constant frustration of Homologomation.
I don't wanna learn a new science just to race my car around in the career mode.
Another microsoft bug slowing down the advancement of humanity.
It won't allow the car I've used in the whole series (amr6) to finish the final race at Spa, in the prototype series.
Says I need to homolgomate but then after click ok say I don't need and can't begin the race in endless loop!
Kinda ruins your evening of entertainment .
Have to then turn to the forums just to vent about a racing game in a gaming machine touted as #1 ??
Please let Sony or Samsung handle these nuances. Seems to be unachievable for Microsoft.
And let's not get started about Windows 10
Unacceptable Microsoft.
How much is a Playstation is my next search on Bing? Or better still I will use google

18 Pages<<161718Prev

Notification

Icon
Error